Dirt bike thief gets conked in the head with a loading ramp

MPJC
Fantasy
704th
6/14/2019 7:45am
Forget guns, get a dog - nobody gets shot, and you have a terrific friend. I have a Doberman/Shepherd who isn't a mean and aggressive dog but she's far from friendly with strangers. It's amazing how well-behaved people are when she's with me. Door to door salespeople can't leave my doorstep fast enough. Of course I know that this isn't a perfect solution - I don't even know for sure what she would do if someone attacked me - but there is certainly a deterrent effect, at least to some extent.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
6/14/2019 7:54am
Gworm wrote:
If you have a gun pulled on him and he gets his gun out, you're more than likely going to die, and I wouldn't be too...
If you have a gun pulled on him and he gets his gun out, you're more than likely going to die, and I wouldn't be too sure about your chances if he has a knife.
toostroke wrote:
Not if you shoot first in the right place
You do know that law enforcement is taught to shoot for the biggest part of the body, because when in times of stress (when you’ve pulled your gun) you go for the take down. I’m surprised you didn’t say you’d shoot the hammer out of his hand. You’ve watched to many movies with gun fights.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
6/14/2019 7:56am
MPJC wrote:
Forget guns, get a dog - nobody gets shot, and you have a terrific friend. I have a Doberman/Shepherd who isn't a mean and aggressive dog...
Forget guns, get a dog - nobody gets shot, and you have a terrific friend. I have a Doberman/Shepherd who isn't a mean and aggressive dog but she's far from friendly with strangers. It's amazing how well-behaved people are when she's with me. Door to door salespeople can't leave my doorstep fast enough. Of course I know that this isn't a perfect solution - I don't even know for sure what she would do if someone attacked me - but there is certainly a deterrent effect, at least to some extent.

I guess if I'm going to brag about my furry friend I should show her off too!
TeamGreen
6/14/2019 8:21am
MXD wrote:
This is one of the absolute worst pieces of advise that I have ever come across. You NEVER pull a concealed firearm on someone unless the...
This is one of the absolute worst pieces of advise that I have ever come across. You NEVER pull a concealed firearm on someone unless the circumstances warrant that you use it. For anyone reading this, please don't ever do this. Pulling a firearm and using it on someone is the absolute last resort after everything else has failed and you believe that the only option left is his life or yours.
toostroke wrote:
So you’re trying to say if someone hits my dad with a hammer in the head and tries to run off with my bike I shouldn’t...
So you’re trying to say if someone hits my dad with a hammer in the head and tries to run off with my bike I shouldn’t pull a gun out?
Not in most states in the USA. Killing someone over stolen property ain’t legal.

The Shop

jeffro503
6/14/2019 8:27am
MXD wrote:
This is one of the absolute worst pieces of advise that I have ever come across. You NEVER pull a concealed firearm on someone unless the...
This is one of the absolute worst pieces of advise that I have ever come across. You NEVER pull a concealed firearm on someone unless the circumstances warrant that you use it. For anyone reading this, please don't ever do this. Pulling a firearm and using it on someone is the absolute last resort after everything else has failed and you believe that the only option left is his life or yours.
toostroke wrote:
So you’re trying to say if someone hits my dad with a hammer in the head and tries to run off with my bike I shouldn’t...
So you’re trying to say if someone hits my dad with a hammer in the head and tries to run off with my bike I shouldn’t pull a gun out?
There are a lot of things a person could do. What these guy's are saying to you in here is.....don't pull your gun on anyone unless you are fully prepared to use it........ever! I guess every situation is different , but at the very moment a robber starts hitting you or anyone else with a hammer , that would have been the time to shoot the piece of shit. The kid used what was at his disposal , a motorcycle ramp. It seemed to do the job.

But what if it didn't.......and then the robber really came after you hard with the hammer? I think this is kind of split second action the kid thought off , so even though the robber went down , he wanted to make sure he wasn't going to get back up.

If the kid had a gun at his disposal during that attack , he would have had every right to shoot the robber. But if the robber is flee'ing and you shoot him as he's running away.....well then , that's a different story. Either way......this story ended up with a happy ending. Dad is probably ok , kid is ok and kept his bike from being stolen.....and the robber is laying there with brain chunks on the pavement.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
6/14/2019 8:54am
jeffro503 wrote:
There are a lot of things a person could do. What these guy's are saying to you in here is.....don't pull your gun on anyone unless...
There are a lot of things a person could do. What these guy's are saying to you in here is.....don't pull your gun on anyone unless you are fully prepared to use it........ever! I guess every situation is different , but at the very moment a robber starts hitting you or anyone else with a hammer , that would have been the time to shoot the piece of shit. The kid used what was at his disposal , a motorcycle ramp. It seemed to do the job.

But what if it didn't.......and then the robber really came after you hard with the hammer? I think this is kind of split second action the kid thought off , so even though the robber went down , he wanted to make sure he wasn't going to get back up.

If the kid had a gun at his disposal during that attack , he would have had every right to shoot the robber. But if the robber is flee'ing and you shoot him as he's running away.....well then , that's a different story. Either way......this story ended up with a happy ending. Dad is probably ok , kid is ok and kept his bike from being stolen.....and the robber is laying there with brain chunks on the pavement.
I agree with pretty much everything said in this post, but found it very jarring to read "if the kid had a gun". I'm no anti-gun activist by any stretch but the word "kid" stood out to me. The thought of arming kids - especially remembering how bad my judgment was when I was a kid - sounds like a scary proposition.
AZRider
6/14/2019 9:09am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2019 9:10am
jeffro503 wrote:
There are a lot of things a person could do. What these guy's are saying to you in here is.....don't pull your gun on anyone unless...

MPJC wrote:
I agree with pretty much everything said in this post, but found it very jarring to read "if the kid had a gun". I'm no anti-gun...
I agree with pretty much everything said in this post, but found it very jarring to read "if the kid had a gun". I'm no anti-gun activist by any stretch but the word "kid" stood out to me. The thought of arming kids - especially remembering how bad my judgment was when I was a kid - sounds like a scary proposition.
That sounds to me like you didnt grow up around guns and were not educated enough about them. Im only 46 and i used to drive to school with a shotgun in my back window daily because we shot skeet 3 days a week after school. I got in fistfights, but never considered using a gun unless my life was threatened.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
6/14/2019 9:13am
jeffro503 wrote:

MPJC wrote:
I agree with pretty much everything said in this post, but found it very jarring to read "if the kid had a gun". I'm no anti-gun...
AZRider wrote:
That sounds to me like you didnt grow up around guns and were not educated enough about them. Im only 46 and i used to drive...
That sounds to me like you didnt grow up around guns and were not educated enough about them. Im only 46 and i used to drive to school with a shotgun in my back window daily because we shot skeet 3 days a week after school. I got in fistfights, but never considered using a gun unless my life was threatened.
Something tells me you wouldn’t be driving to school with a shotgun in your back window in these days of school shootings...
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
6/14/2019 9:17am
jeffro503 wrote:

MPJC wrote:
AZRider wrote:
That sounds to me like you didnt grow up around guns and were not educated enough about them. Im only 46 and i used to drive...
In fact I did grow up around guns, and my father educated me very well. There was always a gun readily available on our farm. I also knew to treat them with respect or my dad would kick my ass. You know nothing about me so don't make stupid assumptions.
jeffro503
6/14/2019 10:11am
jeffro503 wrote:

MPJC wrote:
I was more or less just throwing a scenario out there as if his dad may have a had a gun in the truck that was accessible. Not that the kid's now days should be packing iron. Besides.....the ramp seemed to do a pretty good job.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
6/14/2019 11:09am
jeffro503 wrote:

MPJC wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I was more or less just throwing a scenario out there as if his dad may have a had a gun in the truck that was...
I was more or less just throwing a scenario out there as if his dad may have a had a gun in the truck that was accessible. Not that the kid's now days should be packing iron. Besides.....the ramp seemed to do a pretty good job.
Makes sense. And yes, the ramp did an excellent job!
byke
6/14/2019 11:16am
MPJC wrote:
Forget guns, get a dog - nobody gets shot, and you have a terrific friend. I have a Doberman/Shepherd who isn't a mean and aggressive dog...
They're great for the house. We have three 100lb'ers with awesome deep barks. You'd have to be suicidal to break in here.
OldYZRider1
6/14/2019 11:28am
SCR wrote:
Nobody ever has to steal anything to get food, ever. Did you hear the part where he took a hammer to the Dads head. You are...
Nobody ever has to steal anything to get food, ever. Did you hear the part where he took a hammer to the Dads head.
You are going to pull a gun on someone hoping to scare him off ? What if he doesn't scare off ? You have about 2/10 of a second before he grabs your gun, are you going to shoot him ? Remember you said it's not morally right to kill the theif who is just trying to get some food for his plate.
You better think it through a little better before you pull a gun if your intention is a bluff.
Based on what you've said I recommend you just run away if someone steals your bike or hits your pops in the head.
toostroke wrote:
4 things Your first sentence isn’t true Key word “Concealed” carry If he hit my dad in the head with a hammer and doesn’t run off...
4 things
Your first sentence isn’t true
Key word “Concealed” carry
If he hit my dad in the head with a hammer and doesn’t run off when I pull my gun out I’m shooting him in a non vital or life threatening part of his body in fear of him trying to do extra damage or hurt me

Also I’m not letting him run away without a fight If I don’t have one on me which would be dumb not having one
When I did my qualification shots for my CC permit we shot at human silhouette targets at 5, 7 and 10 yards. These targets do not show the body below the groin. Shooting in the leg was not endorsed as statistics indicate its hard enough in the heat of the moment to even hit someone in the trunk of their body. We were told this is true even for police officers who are generally better trained for these situations. I think you'd have to be a pretty cool character to draw on someone and have the steady hand to place a shot in the knee.
6/14/2019 2:37pm
jeffro503 wrote:

MPJC wrote:
AZRider wrote:
Your dad just got hit in the head with a hammer. The person holding the hammer is still standing in front of you. That's not grounds to feel your life is under threat?

To a 16 year old that's the perfect scenario to make an life changing decision by mistake.
VetMX.com
6/14/2019 3:51pm
One thing I will never forget from my LTC class Teacher (The Police Chief of 30 years in our town).

Once the bullet leaves the gun, there will be 2 Lawyers coming to see you. 1 will try to lock you up for life, the other will sue you and try to take everything you have.

Leatherfoot Karate is always the best option if you have the chance to flee and avoid. Nothing cowardly about avoiding this drama and expense and having to live with taking someone's life..

Shoot to stop the threat only. (and off the record, shoot enough times that you do not have him show up in Court to testify against you)

Never brandish a weapon unless it is time to shoot and there is just no way out of it. Do NOT make a statement, that is what your Lawyer is for and you can buy a gun insurance legal plan just for this instance. They answer the phone 24 hours a day.
Guns are a HUGE liability and an amazing equalizer but it is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Even in Texas.
RONJ OSE
6/14/2019 4:13pm
toostroke wrote:
Besides if you think your bike is worth more than some thief’s life hang your boots up lock the bike in your garage and find a...
Besides if you think your bike is worth more than some thief’s life hang your boots up lock the bike in your garage and find a different sport
You obviously have never been around guns or been trained you just another city slicker paper pusher who thinks they know what they are taking about
toostroke
6/14/2019 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2019 5:03pm
RONJ OSE wrote:
You obviously have never been around guns or been trained you just another city slicker paper pusher who thinks they know what they are taking about
Look the area up that i live in on google earth I’m not no city slicker and yes I have been around guns know bunch of people with permits. You should know what you’re talking about and not make assumptions.
RONJ OSE
6/14/2019 6:29pm
RONJ OSE wrote:
toostroke wrote:
Look the area up that i live in on google earth I’m not no city slicker and yes I have been around guns know bunch of...
Look the area up that i live in on google earth I’m not no city slicker and yes I have been around guns know bunch of people with permits. You should know what you’re talking about and not make assumptions.
You know people with permits, that’s the issue you don’t have one!
Ask any military or police and they will tell you shoot to kill( center of mass) and shooting in the leg is just as bad as center of mass and it can hit a bone shatter and rip through your Artries killing you.
And when you draw you be dam ready to shoot
toostroke
6/14/2019 7:00pm
RONJ OSE wrote:
You know people with permits, that’s the issue you don’t have one! Ask any military or police and they will tell you shoot to kill( center...
Ask any military or police and they will tell you shoot to kill( center of mass) and shooting in the leg is just as bad as center of mass and it can hit a bone shatter and rip through your Artries killing you.
Can’t get a permit I’m 17 but I’ll be getting one soon when I’m older
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
6/14/2019 7:29pm
Zacka 161 wrote:
As someone who has an ABI that is really scary and painful to see. Is being a vegetable for the rest of your life because you...
As someone who has an ABI that is really scary and painful to see.

Is being a vegetable for the rest of your life because you tried to steal a bike fair punishment? No fucking way anyone that thinks it is is a fucking idiot and seems to have a ‘death penalty for any crime’ mindset and that’s fucked up.

Should the boy be punished? No fucking way he was defending his property, and retaliating to aggravated assault in a family member with non lethal force. ie. he didn’t pick up a gun and shoot to kill, that would be a different story altogether.

I do think he should take some defence training though to be able to take down thief’s more effectively without turning them into vegetables.
So many people posting in here are comparing the violence to the bike and forgetting that the dude TRIED TO HIT HIS DAD WITH A HAMMER.
I’m glad you read what I wrote and didn’t skip over th part where i wrote ‘responding to an aggravated assault on a family member’.

Although does that mean ‘attacked with a hammer’ or ‘threatened with a hammer’ and then attracted when the threat was no yielded too....

To me the difference is, a drive by shooting if not successful is attempts murder, holding up a shop for money with a gun is not the same... although if he fires the gun with intent to kill then it is.... if he fires the gun at the ceiling to scare the shop keeper it’s not attempted murder.... all subtle but significant differences.
RONJ OSE
6/14/2019 8:13pm
RONJ OSE wrote:
You know people with permits, that’s the issue you don’t have one! Ask any military or police and they will tell you shoot to kill( center...
toostroke wrote:
Can’t get a permit I’m 17 but I’ll be getting one soon when I’m older
Well some one should teach you some lessons before you go out and get a gun/ccp
And I think age for a ccp is 21
Go take a local range class, most PD will put on free training once a month
6/14/2019 8:35pm
Also, I guarantee you that if this person dies, that kid will have a sense of guilt. Taking a life, even under these circumstances where he felt threatened for his safety and his father's, is a heavy burden.
toostroke
6/14/2019 9:17pm
RONJ OSE wrote:
Well some one should teach you some lessons before you go out and get a gun/ccp And I think age for a ccp is 21 Go...
Well some one should teach you some lessons before you go out and get a gun/ccp
And I think age for a ccp is 21
Go take a local range class, most PD will put on free training once a month
I’m pretty sure you have to go to a class or get lessons in NJ to get a gun/ccp . Not 100% sure though. Thanks for the free training info though
6/15/2019 12:39am
jeffro503 wrote:

MPJC wrote:
AZRider wrote:
That being said..
I live in a one of the largest cities in the world, we have no guns..
Only 3 people died from gunshots last year in the whole year, from a city of 38 million people
Just google some of the cities in the US, you will be astounded
Kyle_McNab
6/15/2019 12:44am
110% okay. Thieves have it coming and deserve everything they get
FIREfish148
6/15/2019 1:51am
What a retard. First mistake was bringing a hammer a ramp fight. Second mistake was trying to load it up on a moto caddy which happens to be hitched to your fuggin truck. lmao, if the kid pulls through he's got a loooonng lonng road ahead of him in this life.
Flatliner
6/15/2019 5:29am
MPJC wrote:
AZRider wrote:
That being said.. I live in a one of the largest cities in the world, we have no guns.. Only 3 people died from gunshots last...
That being said..
Only 3 people died from gunshots last year in the whole year, from a city of 38 million people
You also live in a culture heavily based on respect, and hard work. The sense of entitlement is vastly different...

That goes a long way.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
6/15/2019 5:41am
AZRider wrote:
That being said.. I live in a one of the largest cities in the world, we have no guns.. Only 3 people died from gunshots last...
That being said..
Flatliner wrote:
You also live in a culture heavily based on respect, and hard work. The sense of entitlement is vastly different...

That goes a long way.
Maybe it shows that respect isnt earnt by the threat that any person on the street could shoot you dead... as so many people on this forum seem to believe.
MX114
6/15/2019 6:23am
That scumbag deserved it %100 and I would of done the exact same thing in that situation. Especially if I witnessed my dad get hit with a hammer. Only thing that would of gotten my respect more is if he fired up the ole two stroke after he knocked the thief out and did a burn out on the guys busted up head while throwing up the devil horns to the camera. Just for good measure to let anyone know not too ever fuck with him or his dad again.
Gworm
6/15/2019 8:08am
MPJC wrote:
AZRider wrote:
That being said..
Only 3 people died from gunshots... how many were murdered by other means?

Post a reply to: Dirt bike thief gets conked in the head with a loading ramp

The Latest