Dirt bike thief gets conked in the head with a loading ramp

face biter
6/12/2019 8:42am
str8line wrote:
IF the story checks out then yeah, fuck that guy. But often times there's more to the story. What if the "buyer" was getting his stolen...
IF the story checks out then yeah, fuck that guy. But often times there's more to the story. What if the "buyer" was getting his stolen bike back from the seller, who purchased a stolen bike and tried to sell it. Just sayin. Does anyone else find it weird that a guy would meet to buy a bike in broad daylight with other people around and just decide to steal it? I bet there's more to this story.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I find it weird that he showed up with a hammer.
This is just an initial news blurb, so many people are getting emotionally charged up here and law enforcement has just started investigating this.
He may have brought the hammer and intended to take the bike because he’s a thief, he may have done so because he believed it was a bike that was stolen from him or and acquaintance, he may have taken the hammer from the father, etc...
I hate thieves as much as anyone, but this thread is a great example of “ trial by public opinion “, give them a chance to complete their investigation and conclude any criminal proceedings, it’s kind of a process, no?
outerlimits
6/12/2019 8:46am
I read about something very similar to this a year or so back. The difference was that it was a father and his young son and they were selling a KX65 or something. I think the son was about 10 years old. There were two guys that replied to a Craigslist ad and came to the father's house to "buy" the bike. The same kind of thing went down only the kid's father was shot and killed right in front of him. Killed for a damn minibike! This is a real thing, it happens and that's why people get so freaked out selling stuff on Craigslist. There are a lot of dirt bags out there. Hopefully anyone thinking of doing the same thing has a chance to see this video. I hope the guy lives, but glad he got served some aluminum head gear.
aeffertz
6/12/2019 8:49am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 8:53am
“Gets conked on the head” is possibly the lightest way to describe that, holy shit. He busted the dudes head open and the guy cracks it again off the ground, leaving a pool of blood and teeth. Holy hell that was brutal and not what I was expecting to see at all.

I know this is going against the grain of all you internet tough guys but hopefully the thief doesn’t die. Not that he isn’t a piece of shit but that is a lot of weight on someone’s conscience who was just acting on a heat of the moment, self defense situation. Fuck thieves but still... Also, no matter the situation, you shouldn’t start beating in someone’s skull if they are out cold on the ground unless you are trying to kill them. That’s why the adults there were telling the kid to ease up. They could see the situation unfolding with a clearer train of thought.
seth419
6/12/2019 8:50am
Casting wrote:
The vital hive mind at its finest - virtue signaling and trying to score points to be more well-liked by your keyboard peers. There is a...
The vital hive mind at its finest - virtue signaling and trying to score points to be more well-liked by your keyboard peers.

There is a reason why we have a criminal justice system. Those of you calling for Street Justice are no better than the wheelie boyz who ignore the criminal justice system and solve issues with street violence.

The would-be thief deserves his day in court, not death. Unless you just want to throw the entire bill of rights out the window, because that is exactly what you are cheering for in this situation.

It would have been great during this whole aggravated robbery if they could have just stopped for a second right after the dad got hit with the hammer and before the kid smoked him with the ladder and discussed the charges they currently faced and decide whether to proceed with the robbery and ladder smash or just proceed to court at that point, but they didn't.

I wouldn't really call self defense "street justice" either. As far as we know the father and son were not actively trying to break any laws prior to and during the altercation.

If the guy does not die he will still get his day in court.

The Shop

omalley
6/12/2019 8:55am
Casting wrote:
The vital hive mind at its finest - virtue signaling and trying to score points to be more well-liked by your keyboard peers. There is a...
The vital hive mind at its finest - virtue signaling and trying to score points to be more well-liked by your keyboard peers.

There is a reason why we have a criminal justice system. Those of you calling for Street Justice are no better than the wheelie boyz who ignore the criminal justice system and solve issues with street violence.

The would-be thief deserves his day in court, not death. Unless you just want to throw the entire bill of rights out the window, because that is exactly what you are cheering for in this situation.

It’s not about street justice-it’s about one of our most fundamental rights, the right to defend ourselves and others against those who have/will do us harm.

Force is not used to punish. That WOULD be street justice which IS wrong. Force, properly used, is to defend oneself or others, and in the case of law enforcement, to bring someone to justice.

By appearances, the force used here was used to prevent the son from becoming victim #2 of the suspect.

omalley
6/12/2019 8:58am
I’ll just add...I’m not an attorney. My opinion is NOT legal advice. Just trying to add to the thread with some experience I have dealing with these types of things.
Bermworm
6/12/2019 9:03am

Rode my first MX race in 1979 was astounded that people just left everything everywhere at the track, even then thousands of dollars of stuff just lying around. It's about trust and the number one rule in life if it is not yours don't touch it. All thieves suck, but bike thieves are particularly offensive because they violate the code." Dude sorry I haven't seen you for 6 weeks but I have the replacement for the brake lever you spotted me a couple of races ago I'll bring it by your pit as soon as I'm finished at sign up.Thanks again..."
captmoto
6/12/2019 9:03am
MXD wrote:
Here’s to hoping he dies. I’m not a sociopath or a psycho, I’m not an ass hole and I’m not being sarcastic. The world has enough...
Here’s to hoping he dies. I’m not a sociopath or a psycho, I’m not an ass hole and I’m not being sarcastic. The world has enough useless people in it already. We’ll be fine with one less. He tried to steal the kid's bike and then he hit his dad with a hammer. He should go directly into the wood chipper.
I'm 62 years old and have worked way too fucking hard to have the things I do, only to have a total piece of shit waste of cum try to get what I got the easy way. The hammer takes this from a theft to a robbery. In my county that is justification to use lethal force to protect yourself or others.
byke
6/12/2019 9:09am
People have to remember how *time* plays one of the most important roles in these situations. Understanding time will keep you safe in situations like these. At the moment the guy was struck, was he a threat? Doesn't quite look like it to me, but he's struck when he's picking something up and if he was picking up the hammer and the guy already hit someone with the hammer, then the kid is golden. Time is exactly why someone like Zimmerman got away with murder. Even though he started pretty much everything, the moment he fired his gun was all that mattered, in a legal setting, and it was technically justified in that tiny moment.
captmoto
6/12/2019 9:11am
aeffertz wrote:
“Gets conked on the head” is possibly the lightest way to describe that, holy shit. He busted the dudes head open and the guy cracks it...
“Gets conked on the head” is possibly the lightest way to describe that, holy shit. He busted the dudes head open and the guy cracks it again off the ground, leaving a pool of blood and teeth. Holy hell that was brutal and not what I was expecting to see at all.

I know this is going against the grain of all you internet tough guys but hopefully the thief doesn’t die. Not that he isn’t a piece of shit but that is a lot of weight on someone’s conscience who was just acting on a heat of the moment, self defense situation. Fuck thieves but still... Also, no matter the situation, you shouldn’t start beating in someone’s skull if they are out cold on the ground unless you are trying to kill them. That’s why the adults there were telling the kid to ease up. They could see the situation unfolding with a clearer train of thought.
It's not about the theft, it's about the assault with a deadly weapon.
aeffertz
6/12/2019 9:22am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 9:22am
captmoto wrote:
My point still stands. Realizing you’ve killed someone, intentional or not, is a very serious situation that tons of people have to deal with and require a lot of counseling to get their mind right. I actually have a close friend that ended up killing a guy in a self defense situation. He didn’t want the guy to die, he just wanted to protect himself. He hasn’t been the same guy ever since, it’s really sad. I worry about his mental health.
Motoxdoc
6/12/2019 9:38am
Attempted murder is so much worse than attempted robbery. Attempted robbery DOES NOT warrant a possible death blow...and then the guy started hitting the unconscious bleeding thief in the back of the head. WTF?! I would definitely throw the crooked backwards wearing hat guy in jail for that! A thief is one thing...but having no compassion for life is quite a bit worse IMO.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
6/12/2019 9:50am
Bermworm wrote:
Rode my first MX race in 1979 was astounded that people just left everything everywhere at the track, even then thousands of dollars of stuff just...

Rode my first MX race in 1979 was astounded that people just left everything everywhere at the track, even then thousands of dollars of stuff just lying around. It's about trust and the number one rule in life if it is not yours don't touch it. All thieves suck, but bike thieves are particularly offensive because they violate the code." Dude sorry I haven't seen you for 6 weeks but I have the replacement for the brake lever you spotted me a couple of races ago I'll bring it by your pit as soon as I'm finished at sign up.Thanks again..."
This reminds me of a funny story. This girl I had just started dating said she would come with me to the race one weekend. So we get up early and head to the race. She falls asleep in the truck on the way to the race. Doesn't wake up when we get there so I go to sign up and walk the track. Come back and she's all pissed that I left her there alone, saying what if someone attacked me. I was like WTF, people here would be more interested in taking my bike or gear than you, don't worry about it...that relationship didn't last long!
Paw Paw 271
6/12/2019 9:50am
These things never turn out good for anyone. Just remember that in other countries the thief would loose his hands for this action.

Paw Paw
byke
6/12/2019 9:54am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 9:55am
@Casting: Word. Rights for all is the only reason why good people have rights. Trying to only apply rights to specific groups would result in far greater injustice.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
6/12/2019 9:55am
Motoxdoc wrote:
Attempted murder is so much worse than attempted robbery. Attempted robbery DOES NOT warrant a possible death blow...and then the guy started hitting the unconscious bleeding...
Attempted murder is so much worse than attempted robbery. Attempted robbery DOES NOT warrant a possible death blow...and then the guy started hitting the unconscious bleeding thief in the back of the head. WTF?! I would definitely throw the crooked backwards wearing hat guy in jail for that! A thief is one thing...but having no compassion for life is quite a bit worse IMO.
So, it's on victim to be compassionate to someone trying to rob and assault them?

That's some twisted logic, doc!

Nope, the choice was made by the criminal...
Wycked31
6/12/2019 10:24am
Casting wrote:

Casting,

If someone (AKA Thief) is trying to steal something of value and assaults your family are you saying your willing to wait for the court system to do there job?

When I moved to Florida in 95 and not being in my house more than 3 months some scumbags tried to break into my house at night while I was home with my wife and dog. I was woken by my dog growling and went into my living room to find the POS arm sticking through a window trying to unlock my front door and enter. I carefully stuck a fully automatic rifle against his head and told him to stay still. I was shaking while holding his arm. His partner in crime jumped in their car and left the POS.

Make a story short, cops came and arrested him and me. I was arrested for having a few guns in my possession that were not transported correctly into FL. I have a FFL license but did not do the proper transfer from state to state.

So I spent the night in jail with the POS in another cell away from me. When he went up in front of the judge he was released. He had multiply arrests. I was fined little over $3,000.00 and had to do lots of paperwork to get my guns back.

POS got out and was walking the streets before a law abiding citizen.

I suggest you do not wait for justice from the court system when someone is assaulting your family or you could be burying them.

BR8ES
6/12/2019 10:25am
Motoxdoc wrote:
Attempted murder is so much worse than attempted robbery. Attempted robbery DOES NOT warrant a possible death blow...and then the guy started hitting the unconscious bleeding...
Attempted armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon with pre-meditation, etc. Certainly qualifies for self defense with extreme measures to save your life and and others.
Casting
6/12/2019 10:29am
Wycked31 wrote:
Casting, If someone (AKA Thief) is trying to steal something of value and assaults your family are you saying your willing to wait for the court...
Casting,

If someone (AKA Thief) is trying to steal something of value and assaults your family are you saying your willing to wait for the court system to do there job?

When I moved to Florida in 95 and not being in my house more than 3 months some scumbags tried to break into my house at night while I was home with my wife and dog. I was woken by my dog growling and went into my living room to find the POS arm sticking through a window trying to unlock my front door and enter. I carefully stuck a fully automatic rifle against his head and told him to stay still. I was shaking while holding his arm. His partner in crime jumped in their car and left the POS.

Make a story short, cops came and arrested him and me. I was arrested for having a few guns in my possession that were not transported correctly into FL. I have a FFL license but did not do the proper transfer from state to state.

So I spent the night in jail with the POS in another cell away from me. When he went up in front of the judge he was released. He had multiply arrests. I was fined little over $3,000.00 and had to do lots of paperwork to get my guns back.

POS got out and was walking the streets before a law abiding citizen.

I suggest you do not wait for justice from the court system when someone is assaulting your family or you could be burying them.

Reread what I wrote in my previous replies. I agree that the kid is in the right for hitting the thief who prior to that attacked his father with a hammer.

I disagree with hoping that the guy dies from his injuries.

It sounds like you got the raw end of the deal when you stood up to protect your family, and that is a shame.
ATKpilot99
6/12/2019 10:31am
captmoto wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
My point still stands. Realizing you’ve killed someone, intentional or not, is a very serious situation that tons of people have to deal with and require...
My point still stands. Realizing you’ve killed someone, intentional or not, is a very serious situation that tons of people have to deal with and require a lot of counseling to get their mind right. I actually have a close friend that ended up killing a guy in a self defense situation. He didn’t want the guy to die, he just wanted to protect himself. He hasn’t been the same guy ever since, it’s really sad. I worry about his mental health.
Those were my thoughts on the matter. If you took someone's life no matter the reason I would think it would change you fundamentally. If this situation is as it seems I dont blame the kid at all for his actions and I hope he doesn't face repercussions. But if I were in his shoes I'm not sure I would be hoping or not care if the guy died.
And for everyone saying what they would do in that situation, there is no way to truly know unless you are or have been faced with it so those statements are hollow in my opinion.
6/12/2019 10:34am
captmoto wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
My point still stands. Realizing you’ve killed someone, intentional or not, is a very serious situation that tons of people have to deal with and require...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Those were my thoughts on the matter. If you took someone's life no matter the reason I would think it would change you fundamentally. If this...
Those were my thoughts on the matter. If you took someone's life no matter the reason I would think it would change you fundamentally. If this situation is as it seems I dont blame the kid at all for his actions and I hope he doesn't face repercussions. But if I were in his shoes I'm not sure I would be hoping or not care if the guy died.
And for everyone saying what they would do in that situation, there is no way to truly know unless you are or have been faced with it so those statements are hollow in my opinion.
Totally agree!
Sluggo77
6/12/2019 10:34am
Questions. Why would a thief respond to an ad and use a hammer as the choice of weapon? Why would a thief just casually take a bike in broad daylight without concern for being caught by the police? What if the so called bad guy recognized his stolen bike for sale and went to get his own property from some punk? What if the dad tried to intervene, not knowing his own kid is a thief?

What if the guy who appears to have been killed was the actual owner of the bike?
6/12/2019 10:37am
My Glock is in the truck for every Craigslist-type sale I do. I feel like I do a pretty good job of sniffing the tweakers/scammers out but you just never know. Normal-looking people are doing crazy shit to get their fix
6/12/2019 10:43am
Sluggo77 wrote:
Questions. Why would a thief respond to an ad and use a hammer as the choice of weapon? Why would a thief just casually take a...
Questions. Why would a thief respond to an ad and use a hammer as the choice of weapon? Why would a thief just casually take a bike in broad daylight without concern for being caught by the police? What if the so called bad guy recognized his stolen bike for sale and went to get his own property from some punk? What if the dad tried to intervene, not knowing his own kid is a thief?

What if the guy who appears to have been killed was the actual owner of the bike?
Why would a thief use a hammer in broad daylight to steal a dirt bike? It's very likely Meth has clouded his judgment. If I were trying to retrieve stolen property i'd probably show up with a cop instead of a hammer.
Sluggo77
6/12/2019 10:50am
Sluggo77 wrote:
Questions. Why would a thief respond to an ad and use a hammer as the choice of weapon? Why would a thief just casually take a...

Why would a thief use a hammer in broad daylight to steal a dirt bike? It's very likely Meth has clouded his judgment. If I were...
Why would a thief use a hammer in broad daylight to steal a dirt bike? It's very likely Meth has clouded his judgment. If I were trying to retrieve stolen property i'd probably show up with a cop instead of a hammer.
That is a theory but not a certainty. Judging by how enraged people are by thieves I could see a lot of people, especially a young person taking matters into their own hands and impulsively replying to the ad by themselves. If I was young and dumb and saw my stolen bike for sale I might have done they same thing.
6/12/2019 11:21am
Maybe if that punk would have been at work instead of stealing someone’s bike he wouldn’t have been hit with a loading ramp and would have his own bike....
6/12/2019 11:27am
Sluggo77 wrote:

Why would a thief use a hammer in broad daylight to steal a dirt bike? It's very likely Meth has clouded his judgment. If I were...
Sluggo77 wrote:
That is a theory but not a certainty. Judging by how enraged people are by thieves I could see a lot of people, especially a young...
That is a theory but not a certainty. Judging by how enraged people are by thieves I could see a lot of people, especially a young person taking matters into their own hands and impulsively replying to the ad by themselves. If I was young and dumb and saw my stolen bike for sale I might have done they same thing.
Really? You would show up with a hammer to retrieve what may or may not be your stolen property? I don't think I was ever that dumb as a kid.
SwingHard
6/12/2019 11:27am
37 second video is all that is needed to know exactly what happened? Judge,Jury,Executioner!
This a lose lose for both young men. If the young man was attempting to steal the bike,obviously it went terribly sideways for him. Does he deserve to die or live the rest of his life with a TBI?
I really doubt the young man that hit him with the ramp will go through life wearing this as a badge of honor whatever the outcome may be!
Did anyone see the Dad in the video clip with injuries from being hit with a hammer?
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
6/12/2019 11:33am
aeffertz wrote:
But where would your friend be if he didn't protect himself?

Post a reply to: Dirt bike thief gets conked in the head with a loading ramp

The Latest