Dirt bike thief gets conked in the head with a loading ramp

Motox4286
Edited Date/Time 6/15/2019 11:52pm
Hey, GuyB here.

Well, another day, another thread way off the rails. I'm in the process of doing a little garbage clean-up where moto should be. Instead, we have a bunch of guys sitting on the sidelines for wishing death on someone (admittedly a scummy thief...allegedly), and others dropping some racist nonsense.

While the original video did have a bike in it, did we really need to see it? Especially since it looks like the poster created an account just to post this.

Let's get back to moto, shall we?
|
6/12/2019 2:37am
Wow!! Nuts how quickly things can get out of control. I know the robber is the bad guy here...but hitting someone that hard on the head with a ramp could kill them no? How does American law work in those situations? Heck i have no clue how Swiss law would work....but i wouldn’t be surprised if ide be facing jail time...since it wasn’t exactly self defence (assuming i had unintentionally killed the robber)
Motox4286
6/12/2019 2:43am
Wow!! Nuts how quickly things can get out of control. I know the robber is the bad guy here...but hitting someone that hard on the head...
Wow!! Nuts how quickly things can get out of control. I know the robber is the bad guy here...but hitting someone that hard on the head with a ramp could kill them no? How does American law work in those situations? Heck i have no clue how Swiss law would work....but i wouldn’t be surprised if ide be facing jail time...since it wasn’t exactly self defence (assuming i had unintentionally killed the robber)
The robber hit the kids father with a hammer first. IMO the ramp is fair game at that point.
6/12/2019 3:40am
Wow!! Nuts how quickly things can get out of control. I know the robber is the bad guy here...but hitting someone that hard on the head...
Motox4286 wrote:
The robber hit the kids father with a hammer first. IMO the ramp is fair game at that point.
Oh me too!! Fair game for sure...but you know how hindsight works...the guy at this point has your bike and wants to get away. I know nothing about the law...but at this point could it be considered as self defence...in the eyes of the law (again assuming the guy dies from head injuries)?

I guess my question was the law aspect...not what my actual intentions would be...cause i could easily see myself doing the exact same thing as the guy in the video.
MXD
6/12/2019 4:14am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 5:07am
Here’s to hoping he dies. I’m not a sociopath or a psycho, I’m not an ass hole and I’m not being sarcastic. The world has enough useless people in it already. We’ll be fine with one less. He tried to steal the kid's bike and then he hit his dad with a hammer. He should go directly into the wood chipper.

The Shop

MXD
6/12/2019 4:19am
I forgot to add that the video is probably going to bury this kid. The state will determine that the threat was over and the “victim” was gathering his things to leave when he was savagely beaten with the ramp. That’s how fucked up this country has become.
ns503
6/12/2019 4:23am
I'm afraid that kid is going to have a hard ride ahead of him. He should have stopped when he had buddy laid out cold & bleeding out from the head with one shot from the ramp. Jumping on him and putting the fists to him while he was bleeding out (or was that brains I saw?) is likely going to cost him big.
wwdiii
6/12/2019 4:44am
I have no use for a thief. Way to many thieves in this day and time. You steal you pay the price.
rehan53
6/12/2019 4:48am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 4:50am
Motorcycle Sale Turns Violent; Attempted Robber Critically Hurt
"After listing a motorcycle for sale online, the sellers, a father and a son, agreed to meet a buyer in the Lake Shore Plaza parking lot at the corner of Portion and Cenacle roads in Lake Ronkonkoma to complete the sale at about 3:30 p.m., Suffolk Police said. The buyer didn't pay, but instead assaulted the father and attempted to leave with the motorcycle, police said."

"He hit my dad with a hammer"

https://twitter.com/Stringernews/status/1137230443269505024

6/12/2019 4:50am
ns503 wrote:
I'm afraid that kid is going to have a hard ride ahead of him. He should have stopped when he had buddy laid out cold &...
I'm afraid that kid is going to have a hard ride ahead of him. He should have stopped when he had buddy laid out cold & bleeding out from the head with one shot from the ramp. Jumping on him and putting the fists to him while he was bleeding out (or was that brains I saw?) is likely going to cost him big.
Yeah it’s sad. I feel for the kid. And how long did the reaction last? Couple of seconds? You can tell the adults surrounding were ready to let the robber keep the bike...but once the teenager hit the robber you hear in their reactions that they understood the gravity of what was happening.

Just a teenager who was probably shocked seeing someone attack his dad..and wanted some justice.
BR8ES
6/12/2019 4:54am
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, kid did the right thing. If this POS made the choice to try and steal and assault this blatantly, then the kid did his community a service. Plain and simple.
Jrewing
6/12/2019 5:20am
It’s s nice feel good story.. like the one where the working class scores a win against the system.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
6/12/2019 5:29am
NEVER SUBMIT, this kid didn't.

Why are they referring to the dipshit as a "buyer" and not the "thief"
omalley
6/12/2019 6:09am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 6:10am
Observations, valid at least where I am WA):

The suspect tried to steal a bike, but did so using force (hammer), which means it’s a robbery (force plus theft) and a deadly weapon. This makes it a BARRK felony (Burglary, Arson, Robbery, Rape, Kidnapping). These are the most heinous of violent/dangerous crimes other than murder. As a result, use of force threshold to prevent them and/or prevent the flight of the suspect is higher with these crimes.
In addition, the suspect wasn’t riding or walking away when he got whacked, he was RE-engaging the victim (kid). Further, he may or may not have the hammer still, but that’s irrelevant as he has already used one deadly weapon and may have others on his person.

CRIMINALLY, I’d hope that the kid is cleared as self-defense.

Unfortunately, CIVILLY I am sure the turds family, who probably wanted nothing to do with him to this point, will suddenly be the “grieving family” whose son/dad/brother/cousin “didn’t do nothin”...
6/12/2019 6:44am
omalley wrote:
Observations, valid at least where I am WA): The suspect tried to steal a bike, but did so using force (hammer), which means it’s a robbery...
Observations, valid at least where I am WA):

The suspect tried to steal a bike, but did so using force (hammer), which means it’s a robbery (force plus theft) and a deadly weapon. This makes it a BARRK felony (Burglary, Arson, Robbery, Rape, Kidnapping). These are the most heinous of violent/dangerous crimes other than murder. As a result, use of force threshold to prevent them and/or prevent the flight of the suspect is higher with these crimes.
In addition, the suspect wasn’t riding or walking away when he got whacked, he was RE-engaging the victim (kid). Further, he may or may not have the hammer still, but that’s irrelevant as he has already used one deadly weapon and may have others on his person.

CRIMINALLY, I’d hope that the kid is cleared as self-defense.

Unfortunately, CIVILLY I am sure the turds family, who probably wanted nothing to do with him to this point, will suddenly be the “grieving family” whose son/dad/brother/cousin “didn’t do nothin”...
Thanks for that! Nice to know the law protects us from protecting ourselves and our assets.
ktm 125
6/12/2019 7:32am
i probably would have done the same thing
but then i wouldnt be proud of it, let alone cheer like a keyboard cowboy...
Harry_Gray
6/12/2019 7:42am
To the POS that's in critical condition (and to mimic the majority of opinions on this thread): fuck em'. I have no empathy for thieves, especially ones that attempt to assault you in the process. He got what was coming to him.
6/12/2019 7:44am
He could have killed the guy which is definitely not ok.
THAT BEING SAID.. if I was in the same situation I probably would have done the same thing. I think the kid will be ok, he just reacted poorly and will probably get a scare going through court etc.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/12/2019 7:46am
Harry_Gray wrote:
To the POS that's in critical condition (and to mimic the majority of opinions on this thread): fuck em'. I have no empathy for thieves, especially...
To the POS that's in critical condition (and to mimic the majority of opinions on this thread): fuck em'. I have no empathy for thieves, especially ones that attempt to assault you in the process. He got what was coming to him.
Exactly. He went from being a thief to someone who assaulted his victim with a deadly weapon. Well deserved beating👍
Motox4286
6/12/2019 7:51am
He could have killed the guy which is definitely not ok. THAT BEING SAID.. if I was in the same situation I probably would have done...
THAT BEING SAID.. if I was in the same situation I probably would have done the same thing. I think the kid will be ok, he just reacted poorly and will probably get a scare going through court etc.
I respectfully disagree. If you rewatch the video the kid hits the thief right as he picks up the hammer. The kids father was already hit with the hammer and injured badly enough to get sent to the ER. If the pos is willing to hit the father with a hammer one would assume he'll hit the kid too. It was 100% sell defense IMO.
AZRider
6/12/2019 8:06am
I can tell you I wouldn't even hesitate to use the ramp or anything else. I hate thieves.
str8line
6/12/2019 8:14am
IF the story checks out then yeah, fuck that guy. But often times there's more to the story. What if the "buyer" was getting his stolen bike back from the seller, who purchased a stolen bike and tried to sell it. Just sayin. Does anyone else find it weird that a guy would meet to buy a bike in broad daylight with other people around and just decide to steal it? I bet there's more to this story.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/12/2019 8:16am
str8line wrote:
IF the story checks out then yeah, fuck that guy. But often times there's more to the story. What if the "buyer" was getting his stolen...
IF the story checks out then yeah, fuck that guy. But often times there's more to the story. What if the "buyer" was getting his stolen bike back from the seller, who purchased a stolen bike and tried to sell it. Just sayin. Does anyone else find it weird that a guy would meet to buy a bike in broad daylight with other people around and just decide to steal it? I bet there's more to this story.
I find it weird that he showed up with a hammer.
Motox4286
6/12/2019 8:20am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 8:23am
str8line wrote:
IF the story checks out then yeah, fuck that guy. But often times there's more to the story. What if the "buyer" was getting his stolen...
Based on the information shared on the news this is what happened: the guy showed up to "buy it". Thief took out a hammer and tried to walk off with the bike. The dad fought back. Dad is hit by hammer. Thief tries to walk off again. Thief is cracked in the noggin by the kid.
omalley
6/12/2019 8:21am
He could have killed the guy which is definitely not ok. THAT BEING SAID.. if I was in the same situation I probably would have done...
Actually it’s perfectly ok. This isn’t about a theft. Although robbery certainly adds to the articulable facts for the son, the bottom line is that the son was stopping a deadly threat. It is particularly important (and I missed it the first time when I posted about it being robbery) that the suspect used deadly force against the father and arguably was about to against the son (missed the hammer in the RE-engagement of the son). Thus the son is in imminent fear of death or serious injury and responding with deadly force was reasonable. I’d argue it would’ve been reasonable anyway due to the underlying robbery, and the notion that where there’s one weapon there’s more.

It cannot be overlooked that the son made an excited utterance of “he hit my dad with a hammer.” He didn’t say “he tried to steal my bike”. Big insight into what the state of mind of the son was.

The shithead chose the outcome with his actions.
Casting
6/12/2019 8:22am
The vital hive mind at its finest - virtue signaling and trying to score points to be more well-liked by your keyboard peers.

There is a reason why we have a criminal justice system. Those of you calling for Street Justice are no better than the wheelie boyz who ignore the criminal justice system and solve issues with street violence.

The would-be thief deserves his day in court, not death. Unless you just want to throw the entire bill of rights out the window, because that is exactly what you are cheering for in this situation.

Harry_Gray
6/12/2019 8:25am
Casting wrote:
The vital hive mind at its finest - virtue signaling and trying to score points to be more well-liked by your keyboard peers. There is a...
The vital hive mind at its finest - virtue signaling and trying to score points to be more well-liked by your keyboard peers.

There is a reason why we have a criminal justice system. Those of you calling for Street Justice are no better than the wheelie boyz who ignore the criminal justice system and solve issues with street violence.

The would-be thief deserves his day in court, not death. Unless you just want to throw the entire bill of rights out the window, because that is exactly what you are cheering for in this situation.

Well...what about the father's rights that were violated when he was assaulted by the thief? Was his son supposed to call 911 and sit there and wait while his father could have been dead or dying? Cause we know how prompt Law Enforcement can be; ask those school kids in Florida...
Kelz87
Fantasy
1372nd
6/12/2019 8:28am
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Fuck thieves
6/12/2019 8:32am
It's 2019. Do this shit at a police station or fire house. Not a shopping center parking lot. No need for hammers or ramps of any kind at that point. HammerBoy wouldn't have shown up at either of those places.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/12/2019 8:37am
Casting wrote:
The vital hive mind at its finest - virtue signaling and trying to score points to be more well-liked by your keyboard peers. There is a...

I guess you're the perfect model citizen and never do anything wrong. Does the thief deserve to die? No. Does he deserve what he got? Yes.

I suppose if it was you and your father, friend, etc. you would have just stood to the side, let them get assaulted while you do nothing but call 911. You know, because justice system and all.

GTFO here man.

Post a reply to: Dirt bike thief gets conked in the head with a loading ramp

The Latest