Dirt bike falls through railroad track

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2017 1:39 AM

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but I thought it needed to be shared.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ulKH1C7JoNw

Photo

|

7/1/2017 1:49 AM

I'm guessing it was no longer in use? Not a lot of urgency to get him out by the looks.

|

7/1/2017 4:00 AM

From how shiny the rails are, I would say they are still being used.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

7/1/2017 5:42 AM

Wow that freaked me out a bit. Growing up in PA I spent alot of time on old and new RR bridges. never saw a tie fall out though! Eegads

|

7/1/2017 6:17 AM

I'm a railroader and this was just plain stupid. Live track and messing around = a good way to die.

|

7/1/2017 6:55 AM

JWACK wrote:

I'm a railroader and this was just plain stupid. Live track and messing around = a good way to die.

So this is a live track? Damn, I thought for sure it was out of use.

|

7/1/2017 7:01 AM

Was he going 4 mph any faster & it would have been no problem

|

7/1/2017 7:02 AM

JWACK wrote:

x2. I live near RR tracks and most wouldn't believe the stupid shit people do on them. Road closed at least once a season for a car who unsuccessfully tried racing a billion pound locomotive. Dumb.

|

7/1/2017 7:05 AM

Shoulda seat-bounced it.... laughing

|

7/1/2017 7:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2017 10:30 AM

Yikes

|

7/1/2017 7:06 AM

JWACK wrote:

Ya, my cousin got cleaned up while crossing a railroad bridge.

|

7/1/2017 7:14 AM

JWACK wrote:

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

Shiny rail = in use. Every time.
Most people think you can hear a train but the fact is most of the time you don't.
Very dangerous and unforgiving.

|

7/1/2017 7:15 AM

JWACK wrote:

FTB wrote:

Ya, my cousin got cleaned up while crossing a railroad bridge.

Sorry to hear that.

|

7/2/2017 12:05 AM

JWACK wrote:

Most people think you can hear a train but the fact is most of the time you don't.

Another railroader here. You'd think that a 200+ ton locomotive would make a lot of noise but they are spooky quiet rolling up on you.

|

7/2/2017 12:33 AM

mac3-d wrote:

Was he going 4 mph any faster & it would have been no problem

That's what I was thinking.

"Hey, look, a railroad tie just dangling precariously from the tracks over a chasm. One mile an hour should do the trick here."

Idiot.

|

7/2/2017 4:38 AM

Used to ride my sled right down the middle. Had to stop and lift it out if a train came. Wasn't very fun.

|

7/2/2017 4:50 AM

JWACK wrote:

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

JWACK wrote:

nope. just look at the comments. 'This track is out of service at the moment, so thankfully that wasn't a risk'

|