Dirt Wurks Equipment Operators

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2019 4:10 PM

How much do you think these guys are making?
And does anyone know how to get in their crew?

|

1/16/2019 4:40 PM

Union payes 23 an hour so near that.
You would have to be in a moto building

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

1/16/2019 4:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2019 5:00 PM

Operator Prevailing wage rate in central Ohio is around $45-$47/hour.

|

1/16/2019 5:03 PM

downard254 wrote:

Goodness im in the wrong trade

|

1/16/2019 5:12 PM

Dam 45 an hour thats what we pay a skilled welder down here
If we had to pay that we would go broke
Down in ga

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

1/16/2019 5:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2019 5:29 PM

downard254 wrote:

That $45-$47 per hour is total hourly wage including benefits and overtime...it’s not $45-$47 like you’re trying to say...

So you add the hourly wage + pension value + healthcare value+ overtime = $45-$47 per hour

|

1/16/2019 5:57 PM

Union in CA is just under $50 I believe

|

1/16/2019 6:11 PM

Have a buddy that’s building a few of the east coast tracks. 2200 for Wednesday-Sunday night. No sure if that includes room/board or meals.

|

1/16/2019 6:13 PM

Oh ok 48 with benefits sounds about right.
Premix you buddy want to hit me up for some atl stuff, would.love to see the track built

|

1/16/2019 6:36 PM

Premix wrote:

Have a buddy that’s building a few of the east coast tracks. 2200 for Wednesday-Sunday night. No sure if that includes room/board or meals.

So $440 per day? Pretty good if you are in the area. Otherwise meals/hotel rooms etc. will eat into that very quickly

|

1/16/2019 7:05 PM

Brad460 wrote:

That $45-$47 per hour is total hourly wage including benefits and overtime...it’s not $45-$47 like you’re trying to say...

So you add the hourly wage + pension value + healthcare value+ overtime = $45-$47 per hour

You sound just like my boss.angry

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

1/16/2019 7:44 PM

Is building SX/MX tracks considered a "specialty" in the equipment operator biz, or could any competent EO step into the job and pick it up pretty easily?

|

1/16/2019 7:52 PM

Premix wrote:

zehn wrote:

So $440 per day? Pretty good if you are in the area. Otherwise meals/hotel rooms etc. will eat into that very quickly

I wonder if they have to travel if they’d get per diem for food per day. Around 5-6 years ago that was like 60$ a day.

|

1/16/2019 7:58 PM

Sully wrote:

Is building SX/MX tracks considered a "specialty" in the equipment operator biz, or could any competent EO step into the job and pick it up pretty easily?

I would say yes it’s a speciality. I’m currently a track builder and have been for 3 years so I can acknowledge the work those guys do in the short amount of time and the quality they produce.

|

1/16/2019 8:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2019 8:23 PM

Long hours, alot of pressure, and many different people looking over your work and making comments or changes (riders, race officials, Feld officials, sponsors, etc).

It is not as glamorous as you think.

Proper meals are few and far between, as is sleep.

It is a tiring grind, but if you are a moto guy and can run equipment, its well worth it and very fun to be that close to the action.

|

1/16/2019 9:42 PM

Sully wrote:

From my experience hiring operators, track building operators can build jumps, berms, and whoops with ease, getting the angles and pitches perfectly on the first attempt. But ask them to build a flat pad it can be a struggle.

Construction equipment operators can build a flat pad and cut grade with ease, but struggle to build jumps, berms and whoops with accuracy.

Both can learn each skill, but the good moto track builders have an unteachable skill with how they can make all the scale, transitions, and jumps work the first time out and it's not death defying for the riders.

|

1/17/2019 5:03 AM

its like the welder mention above. a lot of people can run equipment or weld. not as many are pro level. they have it down to a science. seat time and experience are important. some people never get the touch no matter how much they do either.
I would say that's a young single mans gig. hotels and bunk buddies.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

1/17/2019 5:28 AM

downard254 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

Unless you are a non union employer working on a P/W project, then yes, it is $45-$47/hr less payroll taxes. Is Dirt Wurx a union contractor, I doubt it, but you never know. Also prevailing wages are typically only required on government funded contracts over a certain threshold amount. And for a little perspective, a buddy of mine runs a highway crew for Kokosing in Kentucky and union rate for operators down there is in the $15-$20/ hr range. Funny how geography plays such an influential part.

|

1/17/2019 6:51 AM

Sully wrote:

The guys who are actually building the jumps have been there for a very long time. From what I understand when they bring someone new one you are mainly driving a dump truck or a loader helping bring dirt in and out.

|

1/17/2019 7:14 AM

i think they will hire any joe to run a truck or move some dirt.

but it is a fine skill to shape jumps

they also may be doing it with gps now and just auto grading it to get it exact

|

1/17/2019 7:24 AM

brody wrote:

i think they will hire any joe to run a truck or move some dirt.

but it is a fine skill to shape jumps

they also may be doing it with gps now and just auto grading it to get it exact

I understand the technology we have with equipment. But I’m 99.99% sure these guys aren’t using an type of auto grade/ grade control on on jumps and turns. Maybe for the initial pad of dirt on the stadium floor. But personally I never used anything like that to build jumps.

|

1/17/2019 8:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2019 8:43 AM

mxman101 wrote:

I understand the technology we have with equipment. But I’m 99.99% sure these guys aren’t using an type of auto grade/ grade control on on jumps and turns. Maybe for the initial pad of dirt on the stadium floor. But personally I never used anything like that to build jumps.

you should really try it put it in the computer and it works wonders!
makes the jumps nice and even

but i can still do it with out

|