Dirt Cheap 2018 YZ450

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2018 6:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2018 7:07 PM

I was at Ride Now Powersports in Chandler, Arizona today when I saw a brand new 2018 YZ 450 "on sale" for $5495.
A buddy of mine called the shop because he was going to go by after work and pick it up but first wanted to know the out the door price. After tax, title, fees, set up, shipping, etc the OTD price was $8363. Thats a difference of $2868. They told him they lower the price to charge more fees.
Does that mean the "non-sale" price OTD would be $12,068.
Trash shop in my opinion. Not a good way to make sales or build a good reputation.
Also they told him that he cannot pay with his debit card, it has to be a wire transfer or a cashiers check. Is that a common thing?
Photo

|

5/30/2018 6:12 PM

Tell 'em to pound sand.

|

Thats not even a good deal after that lol

|

What a joke, and dealers wonder why they get a bad name....

I've had dealerships tell me they can't take CC due to fees, not sure if same fees apply to debit cards?

|

$3000 in fees??? I knew I didn’t like ride now in Vegas, but didn’t know that’s really how bad they were!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/30/2018 7:11 PM

How can they expect customers to be loyal and buy local when they pull this kind of bait and switch?

|

5/30/2018 7:15 PM

That OTD price would be cheap as hell around here.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

5/30/2018 7:20 PM

Thats why I call them Ride Not. I was looking at a new YZ450F in 2011 and I was supposedly getting a discount because I knew an employee there and they still tried to charge me all them extra fees. I passed. Found a brand new 2011 KX450F at Adrenaline motorsports in phoenix for $6800 OTD

|

2020 KTM 350 SXF

5/30/2018 7:22 PM

>2018 America

>Expecting anything different

Does this legit surprise anyone? Pretty par for the course Id say

|

5/30/2018 7:26 PM

It never seems to work out when you think of and treat your customers like they are idiots........who falls for that????

|

5/30/2018 7:28 PM

Lucky13FIST wrote:

I was at Ride Now Powersports in Chandler, Arizona today when I saw a brand new 2018 YZ 450 "on sale" for $5495.
A buddy of ...more

I just bought a new YZ450 at Motocity in Anthem (yes, I drove from Chandler/Gilbert all the way to Anthem just to avoid buying from Ride-Me-Now) for $8154 OTD. I ultimately wanted to get it for about $8K and that was close enough for me. Pulled the trigger, love it. GREAT bike. I know there are some smoking deals on KX450s right now, but I wanted the YZ instead (e start, power tuner, better suspension by a long shot).

|

5/30/2018 7:52 PM

That there folks is the reason we’ll being ordering our bikes off a website in 10 years or so. Almost no reason we can’t now. 3/4 of the people that work in dealerships now are damn near retarded. Dealership don’t pay worth a shit anymore so all the decent people moved to different industries.

|

5/30/2018 7:55 PM

49weasel wrote:

That there folks is the reason we’ll being ordering our bikes off a website in 10 years or so. Almost no reason we can’t now. ...more

Its not good when the customer knows more about the product than the salesman. But this seems to be the norm.

|

5/30/2018 8:03 PM

49weasel wrote:

That there folks is the reason we’ll being ordering our bikes off a website in 10 years or so. Almost no reason we can’t now. ...more

I would have no problem reading/watching bike shootouts and having my choice dropped off at my doorstep. As long as the final cost is right.
In 2 years I'd like 2 YZ65s direct from www.yamahausa.cheaperthanmyshitlocaldealer.com

|

5/30/2018 8:35 PM

49weasel wrote:

Agreed. If dealerships were knowledgeable cool local businesses that promoted motorcycle/dirt bike culture and actually knew more about the bikes they're selling than I do, it'd be different. Since that's not happening, might as well cut out the useless middleman

|

2014 Ducati Monster 1200
2014 KTM 300SX
2003 Kawasaki KX500
Instagram: @MarkusUpdate

5/30/2018 8:54 PM

Motocity in Anthem had nice sales people and every price they advertise is OTD, no bull crap. The price is the price. they also have ride days at local tracks - YZs, KTM, and Husky's. Ride days are the best way to earn business IMO.

|

5/30/2018 8:55 PM

I was looking at a 2018 450 and someone said that Palm Spring Motorsports was under $8000 OTD. Phone: 760.288.0011

|

5/30/2018 9:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2018 9:19 PM

Lets get potential buyers really excited with this fake low price and then kill the deal by tallying up the real cost, and we can all waste each others time.

How much longer until we can order a bike in a crate off Amazon?

|

5/30/2018 9:26 PM

That basically sums up every freedom powersports in TX. The dealerships here are clueless. I just bought a 18 kx250f from a small shop in Oklahoma. It was the last of 200 kx250f’s they sold this year. Everyone I know in TX buys bikes from Oklahoma. Lots of money being lost here and I say good riddance. You only get to screw the town once. Easy financing and true otd pricing. I’d send everyone I know up ther for a new bike and encourage to buy their parts online. We don’t need local dealers for shit anymore and I’m tired of being raked over the coals.

|

5/30/2018 10:16 PM

Sounds like every Dealer in the AZ metro area with all brands. I hope they love paying interest on machines on the floor and/or the warehouse. I have a few stories as well...

I’m old school and appreciate shops, but fees and BS have me done. Then they get pissed when you know more about the bike than them, then they bring in a second salesperson to try to overtalk you.

I Can’t wait to have one shipped to my doorstep with no BS involved!

|

5/30/2018 10:23 PM

Nowadays it seems to be a killer deal if you pay full retail with only tax/license.

I don’t know how it ever got to these outrageous add on fees for shipping and assembly. If you live in a area where there is competition you can price shop and get them down, but it’s a chore

|

5/30/2018 10:53 PM

vetmxr wrote:

It never seems to work out when you think of and treat your customers like they are idiots........who falls for that????

Tons of people fall for that. I have worked in Honda/Yamaha dealership for 15 years and I see it every day. It's usually the big dealerships that do this. Our shop is a small mom and pop. People will walk in and tell us that X- Dealer has a bike a lot less than we do, and we always have to explain to them that there will likely be a lot of fees added to that price to make that money back.

Either start super low and add tons of fees, or start higher and have minimal fees. Its all about where you end up not where you start.

|

5/30/2018 11:06 PM

that shit pisses me off so bad! I blame the manufacturers as much as the dealers for shit like this. There should be ample markup and profit margin built into the MSRP, but it appears there is not.

I don't necessarily enjoy haggling but I also don't mind the art of negotiating, but when dealers just throw in random "destination fees" and other stuff on top of MSRP its a joke.

|

5/30/2018 11:15 PM

"20% Gratuity added to all sales over $12.00"

|

5/30/2018 11:32 PM

That is crazy. I wonder what the manufacturers thoughts are about this? They can't possibly be happy with their dealers pulling those kind of stunts?

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

5/31/2018 12:03 AM

Markus422 wrote:

Agreed. If dealerships were knowledgeable cool local businesses that promoted motorcycle/dirt bike culture and actually knew ...more

Don’t hold the fact that you know more about the bike than the salesman against them. The customer having more knowledge is common in a lot of industries. Among other things, the salesman and dealership are there to build a relationship with you, help you through the purchase process and be there for post purchase support.

|

5/31/2018 2:36 AM

VERY irritating deal there OP. Incredible.

One used to be able to get a Kawasaki ATV at Sam's Club or Costco (one of them).

|

5/31/2018 3:57 AM

Sounds like one of the shops close to me. They will run the MSRP on something until its 2 years old and will not haggle at all. Its hard for me to even by oil filters from them.

|

Vital news is 100% true 30% of the time.

5/31/2018 4:26 AM

My local shop sold out to one of big box stores and I miss it so bad! I found another shop that is ran by people that ride, but it is a drive for me. It's rare you find someone that is a businessman and an enthusiast, but the old shop owner was ans so is the new one. They are out there if you look.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

5/31/2018 4:29 AM

The not allowing you to pay on a card is fairly legit. They have to pay a percentage of that in fees and it adds up quickly, we do the same. The dealership I work at basically sells everything for retail plus tax, no fees, and it ends up being the best deal around our area a lot of the time.

|

RPM Performance
CT