Diminishing rookie success

philG
8/3/2019 1:02pm
GrapeApe wrote:
I usually ignore your miserable ramblings on here because you only have 2 contributions; shitting on everything US and TM supermoto. But tell me this, who...
I usually ignore your miserable ramblings on here because you only have 2 contributions; shitting on everything US and TM supermoto. But tell me this, who is the last rookie to walk into MX2 and start winning? Must be something wrong with the EMX system, right?

The top amateurs haven't raced a 4 lap race since they were racing peewees. They hit a rotation of amateur nationals with long motos, not unlike the 7 race EMX series. The only difference is they are stand alone races, not a series run in conjunction with the nationals.

The top pros in the 250 class on both sides of the pond are just way too polished these days to let some kid come in and start winning races.
Vialle .. would be winning in MX2 if Prado wasnt there.. i watch Lorettas , and attend a lot of GP's and the standard if riders coming out of Amateurs, and the age they do it is stupid. Jett Lawrence would be on a factory ride if he had stayed here .. he is wasting time IMO althoigh i just heard he is going pro for Unadilla, which makes sense because as we have seen for 3 or 4 years , the guys coming up cant cut it at pro level. But the fact they come up later means they dont get chance to learn before they are either hurt in SX or outclassed in outdoors. Forkner is the only stand out rider from Ams recently.. and he hasnt managed a title , Cooper is good, but hse wasnt a stand out amateur .. Matthes is right, its fucked, and needs fixing.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/3/2019 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2019 1:32pm
GrapeApe wrote:
I usually ignore your miserable ramblings on here because you only have 2 contributions; shitting on everything US and TM supermoto. But tell me this, who...
I usually ignore your miserable ramblings on here because you only have 2 contributions; shitting on everything US and TM supermoto. But tell me this, who is the last rookie to walk into MX2 and start winning? Must be something wrong with the EMX system, right?

The top amateurs haven't raced a 4 lap race since they were racing peewees. They hit a rotation of amateur nationals with long motos, not unlike the 7 race EMX series. The only difference is they are stand alone races, not a series run in conjunction with the nationals.

The top pros in the 250 class on both sides of the pond are just way too polished these days to let some kid come in and start winning races.
philG wrote:
Vialle .. would be winning in MX2 if Prado wasnt there.. i watch Lorettas , and attend a lot of GP's and the standard if riders...
Vialle .. would be winning in MX2 if Prado wasnt there.. i watch Lorettas , and attend a lot of GP's and the standard if riders coming out of Amateurs, and the age they do it is stupid. Jett Lawrence would be on a factory ride if he had stayed here .. he is wasting time IMO althoigh i just heard he is going pro for Unadilla, which makes sense because as we have seen for 3 or 4 years , the guys coming up cant cut it at pro level. But the fact they come up later means they dont get chance to learn before they are either hurt in SX or outclassed in outdoors. Forkner is the only stand out rider from Ams recently.. and he hasnt managed a title , Cooper is good, but hse wasnt a stand out amateur .. Matthes is right, its fucked, and needs fixing.
Cooper won the horizon award as the best amateur prospect, dipshit. You only check in with the US racing scene long enough to form an uniformed negative opinion to come spew all over Vital. You know nothing about these kids or their background or who is ready to move up and who needs another year of grooming. Admittedly, I don't know shit about EMX125 or 300 or whatever your amateur classes are. So I don't go on European based message boards claiming their system is fucked because I heard it on a podcast. That would just make me look like a miserable troll, wouldn't it?
deluxeman
8/3/2019 1:41pm
My god you people act like these kids aren’t talented or fast. Look at who they have to race against. They are racing veteran riders who are grown men and fully physically developed and have a much better grasp on real racecraft and stamina.

These kids are coming in with trainers, riding coaches, full Factory support but they are not expected to win straight away. It is a big leap from LL’s to the Nationals and SX. It’s just like going from college ball to the pro’s, the guys are bigger, faster and smarter. It takes a season or two to get used to the pace and intensity.
philG
8/3/2019 4:03pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Cooper won the horizon award as the best amateur prospect, dipshit. You only check in with the US racing scene long enough to form an uniformed...
Cooper won the horizon award as the best amateur prospect, dipshit. You only check in with the US racing scene long enough to form an uniformed negative opinion to come spew all over Vital. You know nothing about these kids or their background or who is ready to move up and who needs another year of grooming. Admittedly, I don't know shit about EMX125 or 300 or whatever your amateur classes are. So I don't go on European based message boards claiming their system is fucked because I heard it on a podcast. That would just make me look like a miserable troll, wouldn't it?
Yes.. he did , but he didnt do that after years of being touted as the next big thing.. like AC or Forkner or Stewart.. until his last year at Lorettas he wasnt on a lot of peoples radar, because he didnt do the home schooled thing and live at MTF for 3 years. He broke through that last year and carries that momentum into a pro career that even he didnt expect to have based on what he did up to that final year. . But he is doing well, in spite of the system, not because of it.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Diminishing rookie success

The Latest