Dilan Schwartz, Top 10

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2021 11:11 PM

Photo

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Dilan. He was 6th in Moto 1 today, and has silently cracked the top 10 overall two weekends in a row (9th) - and on an RM-Z 250 nonetheless.

He had some decent rides in SX this year as well. Never hear much about him, so I figured I’d make a post for his recognition
|

6/19/2021 11:21 PM

Mitch should give him a ride....

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/20/2021 1:20 AM

Very good results. Doesn’t jamie ellis from twisted do the motors? He must do a good job!

|

6/20/2021 4:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2021 4:16 AM

Boomslang wrote:

Mitch should give him a ride....

I was there and I usually know most guys on the track but I didnt know who Dilan was and phone was about dead so couldnt look it up.

He rode great and I agree, I think Mitch should give him at least a fill in ride if theres any spots open for Red Bud.

|

6/20/2021 4:41 AM

If he stays this consistent all season, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this kid’s phone is ringing off the hook after Hangtown.

|

6/20/2021 5:00 AM

He was definitely going ludicrous speed at Hi Point!

|

6/20/2021 5:10 AM

I think there's only about 2 Zooks on the gate this season (and last). Great to see one (and Dilan) in the top ten. Does anyone know if these guys are getting any support from Suzuki? I'd hate to think these privateers are having to shell out the cash to make them competitive (in HP) with the other bikes. I know JGR made a engine and suspension kit specifically for this bike, I think it was awfully damn expensive though.

|

6/20/2021 5:52 AM

There was only a small handful of factory bikes in front of Schwartz and his Suzuki in the first moto. Great to see, hope he can keep it up and lands a good deal for next year.

|

6/20/2021 5:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2021 5:57 AM

dirtworldmx wrote:

Nice one! Lol..... Still one of my favorite comedies laughing

And yes it was great to see a yellow bike doing well. Kid is riding great

|

6/20/2021 5:58 AM

If he's fronting all the money and the RMZ is such a toad, wouldn't he be riding something else?

|

The poster formerly known as Sir Roostsalot.

6/20/2021 6:00 AM

He is really putting some great rides lately ! Hope he lands on a great team next tear with supports

|

6/20/2021 6:39 AM

Curious what level of support Bar-X/Chaparral is providing? Is Suzuki giving any kind of salary?

|

6/20/2021 6:40 AM

Nairb#70 wrote:

If he's fronting all the money and the RMZ is such a toad, wouldn't he be riding something else?

Doing a bit of research on the topic before commenting would be appreciated. He rides for Bar X Suzuki. Ana amateur team that took it to the pros. He deserves a ride next year.

|

6/20/2021 9:17 AM

deez387 wrote:

Curious what level of support Bar-X/Chaparral is providing? Is Suzuki giving any kind of salary?

Larry Brooks run team thats the factory supported 250 effort. I sure hope Suzuki ponies up so they can keep him. Its nice seeing yellow near the front and he obviously gels with the bike.

|

6/20/2021 9:47 AM

Photo
|

6/20/2021 10:06 AM

I ride Suzuki and run with #90 so needless to say I cheer for him! Hope to see him land a factory ride next year, he is riding awesome.

|

6/20/2021 11:10 AM

FerCzD wrote:

I ride Suzuki and run with #90 so needless to say I cheer for him! Hope to see him land a factory ride next year, he is riding ...more

If he can do that well on a privateer bike that's at a disadvantage (at the pro level at least) against the other bikes, be great to see what he could do on a Pro Circuit or Star Racing bike.

|

6/20/2021 11:19 AM

Is it really a full blown privateer bike ? I'm sure the team received most of what JGR had access to. Put a e start on that bike and it compares to other bikes on the track in my opinion. Might not have the money or the recourses but regardless Dillan is doing a great job outdoors.

|

6/20/2021 11:23 AM

FerCzD wrote:

I ride Suzuki and run with #90 so needless to say I cheer for him! Hope to see him land a factory ride next year, he is riding ...more

mike117 wrote:

If he can do that well on a privateer bike that's at a disadvantage (at the pro level at least) against the other bikes, be ...more

I was thinking the same thing. Riding arguably the heaviest and underpowered bike in the class (especially for outdoors) and still making it happen. Just needs to keep consistent

|

6/20/2021 11:35 AM

dirtworldmx wrote:

OldPro277 wrote:

Nice one! Lol..... Still one of my favorite comedies laughing

And yes it was great to see a yellow bike doing well. Kid is riding ...more

May the Schwartz be with him!

|

6/20/2021 1:19 PM

I was talking to the tv lol. show him and Mumford instead of jett not in a battle. They stay with 1 rider too long.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

6/20/2021 1:33 PM

Dude was ripping. Def turning some heads.

|

6/20/2021 6:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2021 6:43 PM

I don't know if this is a hot take or not but I expect him to be the next McAdoo but he may even have a higher ceiling.

|

6/20/2021 6:43 PM

mb60 wrote:

Is it really a full blown privateer bike ? I'm sure the team received most of what JGR had access to. Put a e start on that ...more

Been wondering the same thing. I'm curious about the mods on the bike- does he have that JGR Stage 2 kit? (I think that's what it's called)

|

6/20/2021 7:43 PM

Pretty sure the engines/mapping are done by Twisted Development.

I'm sure the bike is more than capable.

|

6/20/2021 10:25 PM

The bike gets as much support as Max Antsie’s Suzuki gets. It’s factory bikes and support plus some money. The 250f also got redesigned like 2 years ago an Troll Train said it’s a pretty solid bike that’s just a little underpowered but JGR fixed that and so has BarX this season.

This was a sick ride and I was cheering for him but he isn’t a privateer. Mumford was more of a privateer and Masterpool was even more of one than both of them and got a top 10.

|

6/21/2021 12:01 AM

deez387 wrote:

My guess would be that Suzuki is giving him pat on the back and kiss on the cheek seeing how they "handle" the MotoGP bike development (or lack of it after winning the title in 2020) this season...

I think there is a history of big heads in yellow pissing on the gold they own till it eventually turns orange (dungey, roczen, pastrana), red (lawrence brothers), blue (seewer), white (AJ27) or green (desalle).

The boys in yellow do not deserve the gems they acquire.

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

6/21/2021 12:04 AM

chasetwo79 wrote:

The bike gets as much support as Max Antsie’s Suzuki gets. It’s factory bikes and support plus some money. The 250f also got ...more

And Anstie's bike isn't great.

Super impressive riding from Schwartz considering what he has. He was a bit underwhelming in SX but his start to the outdoors has been superb!

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

6/21/2021 1:39 AM

Fairplay to this kid and weather it’s intentional or not it’s a great move riding a zook if your paying for your own programme.
1. Bikes are cheaper 2.all 250 class bikes have a load of work done anyway so it’s not going to be far off anyway once you’ve had it done 3.if/when you do good you stand out like sore thumb as your on one of the only yellow bikes in the class and you have the added kudos of doing well on a ‘shot’ bike

|

6/21/2021 1:40 AM

chasetwo79 wrote:

The bike gets as much support as Max Antsie’s Suzuki gets. It’s factory bikes and support plus some money. The 250f also got ...more

Motofinne wrote:

And Anstie's bike isn't great.

Super impressive riding from Schwartz considering what he has. He was a bit underwhelming in ...more

It was absolutely a great ride. The 250f is probably a better bike. The 450 is basically the same as the 2010. I think they actually updated the 250f in 2018-ish.

I may not own an RM now, but I raced them and loved them in the past and I get pumped to see them do good.

The 450 is very dated though. I honestly think outdoors on any other team and brand Max would be getting into the top 10 more often instead of 13-15th.

|