Different take, Craigs fault

McG194
Edited Date/Time 2/10/2022 4:10am
***Preface this with the fact that if I'm pulling for anyone it is CC in the west. Guy has paid his dues and is riding far and away better than anyone in the class, so take your "hater" talk and put it where the sun doesn't shine.***

With that out of the way, you have to know who you are racing. Craig just passed the rider who is the hardest to pass and makes the most questionable passes or pass attempts in all of supercross. Christian has to take the inside line through the sand so soon after passing Friese. Yeah, yeah, I know that he shouldn't have to, but the fact is he gave Vince the opportunity to blow him up and he did. If Christian takes the inside line through the sand, he wins the overall last night and most likely goes 1,1,1.

It is still Craigs title to lose and personally I think he's got it in the bag but last night could have ended his season.
|
APLMAN99
2/6/2022 9:17am
This is akin to blaming a woman for being raped on a beach because she wore a bikini…….

🙄
Johnny Ringo
2/6/2022 9:20am
Couple rules in life: Never eat Taco Bell if you’re wearing white pants and never pass Vince on the outside
Racerman967
2/6/2022 9:21am
Was talking to a Star guy in the airport this morning. He said he didn’t think it was intentional, but he said they were a little frustrated that CC was try to pass that early in the most questionable place on the track on the first lap.
moto_on
2/6/2022 9:22am
APLMAN99 wrote:
This is akin to blaming a woman for being raped on a beach because she wore a bikini…….

🙄
No its called being a racer and anticipating the next move and not leaving the door open. He didnt have the inside Vince had every right to run him high and take the line. Craig didnt shut off just like Roczen didnt last week. These racers are lacking race craft thats the problem. Vince was racing him to the corner its that simple.

The Shop

BMc914
2/6/2022 9:25am
Was talking to a Star guy in the airport this morning. He said he didn’t think it was intentional, but he said they were a little...
Was talking to a Star guy in the airport this morning. He said he didn’t think it was intentional, but he said they were a little frustrated that CC was try to pass that early in the most questionable place on the track on the first lap.
"The most questionable place on the track" I don't think so. It the only part of the track that is cleary made into two lines. An inside and outside.
RaceFace58
2/6/2022 9:26am
There comes a point that you have to get around a Friese. Anytime he’s passed he can do a similar move so it’s a crap shoot as to when that time will be. The fact that anyone has to think like this when passing a guy shows how wrong it is. In the first race Friese lined up next to Craig. Imagine the cringe factor when that happens? He’s like a suicide bomber out there. At any moment he’ll take you with him.
JMR1976
2/6/2022 9:27am
I’m pretty tiered of hearing about CC period. Can we talk about Jett’s brother?
Racerman967
2/6/2022 9:27am
Was talking to a Star guy in the airport this morning. He said he didn’t think it was intentional, but he said they were a little...
BMc914 wrote:
"The most questionable place on the track" I don't think so. It the only part of the track that is cleary made into two lines. An...
"The most questionable place on the track" I don't think so. It the only part of the track that is cleary made into two lines. An inside and outside.
Because it is such a variable traction wise
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
2/6/2022 9:28am
That is very interesting . However Craig would be concerned if he didn’t pass Vince quick he’s be passed. Guy with the handlebars ultimately has to make the decision quickly or someone else will.
McG194
2/6/2022 9:30am
RaceFace58 wrote:
There comes a point that you have to get around a Friese. Anytime he’s passed he can do a similar move so it’s a crap shoot...
There comes a point that you have to get around a Friese. Anytime he’s passed he can do a similar move so it’s a crap shoot as to when that time will be. The fact that anyone has to think like this when passing a guy shows how wrong it is. In the first race Friese lined up next to Craig. Imagine the cringe factor when that happens? He’s like a suicide bomber out there. At any moment he’ll take you with him.
It doesn't matter how "wrong it is" Vince is fast enough to qualify to race so he deserves to be out there as much as any other racer. Some guys you know that when they get passed the get defeated and won't put up a fight. Vince isn't that guy, he puts up a fight even when he shouldn't.
RaceFace58
2/6/2022 9:32am
APLMAN99 wrote:

🙄
moto_on wrote:
No its called being a racer and anticipating the next move and not leaving the door open. He didnt have the inside Vince had every right...
No its called being a racer and anticipating the next move and not leaving the door open. He didnt have the inside Vince had every right to run him high and take the line. Craig didnt shut off just like Roczen didnt last week. These racers are lacking race craft thats the problem. Vince was racing him to the corner its that simple.
Not one other time all night long did anyone go into either the inside or outside line there to try and pass a guy who was in that same line. Did you not hear RC saying what a stupid move on Friese’a part it was? Racecraft lol. What Friese does is the exact opposite of that.
Racerman967
2/6/2022 9:32am
KurtJ99 wrote:
That is very interesting . However Craig would be concerned if he didn’t pass Vince quick he’s be passed. Guy with the handlebars ultimately has to...
That is very interesting . However Craig would be concerned if he didn’t pass Vince quick he’s be passed. Guy with the handlebars ultimately has to make the decision quickly or someone else will.
He said they talked to him 3 races ago after his pass on Hunter. Told him you are the fastest guy and don’t need to be doing anything to make guys mad. Also said Eli has the bike perfect now after they were tweaking on it the first 3 races.
McG194
2/6/2022 9:34am
Another McG ploy for attention.
EAD, how is that a ploy for attention? People whined all last week that Kenny left the door open for Anderson and Craig did the same thing.

BTW: Glad you think I try to get attention so you must think you know me because I have no idea who you are.
RG1
2/6/2022 9:35am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2022 10:35am
APLMAN99 wrote:

🙄
moto_on wrote:
No its called being a racer and anticipating the next move and not leaving the door open. He didnt have the inside Vince had every right...
It’s quite ironic that someone that has come up with this take take has accused Craig of ‘lacking race craft’. He didn’t really try and pass Friese. He hit the 3-3-3 in the rhythm lane heading up to the sand and Friese missed it, so he ended up in front of him, he couldn’t get to the inside without wiping Friese out so he went to the outside and left Friese room as is the right thing to do. Friese just went in there and punted him off the track. The door was barely even open there.

I don’t buy the argument that Craig should take some blame because it’s Friese and he should know what’s coming. All he did was go 3-3-3 and then hold his line and he got punted into the middle of next week
mmcmx
2/6/2022 9:37am
No.
TeamGreen
2/6/2022 9:37am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2022 9:57am
APLMAN99 wrote:

🙄
moto_on wrote:
"But, Mama say, 'Vince is The DEVIL!' and Mama's never wrong!"

That's how a Hell of a Lot of people around here are sounding.

Also, seems to me Christian has had "his day in the sun" for this very same shit. Furthermore, pretty sure that Christian ain't a whiny-little Biotch...he can handle his own.

While we're here, THIS IS "Just Racing"! But, Vince is bringing some bad Karma his way. I'm not just talking about this weekend, I remember San Diego, too. Vince has history that's gonna bite him in the ass. Personally, I think he could spend a little ore time focused on "going forward". All the while, I'm pretty damn impressed at how well he's riding on that 250.

And, as the Zen Master said, "We'll see."
RaceFace58
2/6/2022 9:38am
RaceFace58 wrote:
There comes a point that you have to get around a Friese. Anytime he’s passed he can do a similar move so it’s a crap shoot...
McG194 wrote:
It doesn't matter how "wrong it is" Vince is fast enough to qualify to race so he deserves to be out there as much as any...
It doesn't matter how "wrong it is" Vince is fast enough to qualify to race so he deserves to be out there as much as any other racer. Some guys you know that when they get passed the get defeated and won't put up a fight. Vince isn't that guy, he puts up a fight even when he shouldn't.
I’d love if he was fast enough to “put up a fight”. He isn’t. He might’ve held on for a 2nd place if he didn’t think he somehow would pass Craig and then somehow beat him. Crashing into a guy and putting you both in last and 2nd to last isn’t much of a fight there racecraft speaking. I mean he clearly was up for the fight once the both got going, and Craig ended up 4th while the big fighter got 10th. His idiotic move might have cost him a podium on the night. Well played Vince.
gt80rider
2/6/2022 9:42am
So.... it's OK for a random 5th place guy to randomly take out the red plate on the first lap, half way through the season? That's the kind of racing you are good with?

Stop making excuses for freeze... dude has shit between his ears and has for decades.... should have been banned a decade ago.... basically you've got an escaped mental patient running around the track looking to create as much chaos as possible...

And feld condones it.... what if Craig had been forced into a solid object and lost his ability to walk? Just how fun would that be to watch?

wreckitrandy
2/6/2022 9:43am
APLMAN99 wrote:

🙄
No it isn't. Rape is a crime. It used to be punishable by death. Parking someone in a race may not be polite in certain circles but, it's not criminal and cannot land one in jail. Was it excessive? No doubt. Was it stupid? Most certainly. Had Craig and, Roczen before him (and a million more all the way back to the chariot races) covered the inside, would it have happened? A closer analogy would be, a young woman in a bikini walks into a prison yard thinking everyone should mind their manners....
RaceFace58
2/6/2022 9:44am
Another McG ploy for attention.
McG194 wrote:
EAD, how is that a ploy for attention? People whined all last week that Kenny left the door open for Anderson and Craig did the same...
EAD, how is that a ploy for attention? People whined all last week that Kenny left the door open for Anderson and Craig did the same thing.

BTW: Glad you think I try to get attention so you must think you know me because I have no idea who you are.
This wasn’t close to that Anderson move. That was a case where the two lines come together well past the apex of the corner. This was a case where contact occurred in the same line well before the apex of the corner. If this happened at the end of the corner where Vince drifted out it would not have been near as bad. Fact is Vince visibly switched to the outside st the last second. Seeing as the inside there should be the shorter faster line the question is why did he switch? Contact was a 100% guarantee. I think it was an on purpose takeout. He had zero shot if actually passing Craig when he’s behind and in the same berm.
2/6/2022 9:53am
I’ll be honest, when I saw the thread title I laughed, but when you raise the point that coming down the straight, friese was in front, then Craig has to be careful..
But regardless until like 0.01 seconds before impact we all thought friese was going inside line..
McG194
2/6/2022 10:03am
gt80rider wrote:
So.... it's OK for a random 5th place guy to randomly take out the red plate on the first lap, half way through the season? That's...
So.... it's OK for a random 5th place guy to randomly take out the red plate on the first lap, half way through the season? That's the kind of racing you are good with?

Stop making excuses for freeze... dude has shit between his ears and has for decades.... should have been banned a decade ago.... basically you've got an escaped mental patient running around the track looking to create as much chaos as possible...

And feld condones it.... what if Craig had been forced into a solid object and lost his ability to walk? Just how fun would that be to watch?

Where did I say in my post that it was ok?

I'll wait..................

I never did, the fact and it is indisputable is that if Craig took the inside line Vinny would not have been able to take him out. He took the outside and left room for Vinny to get to him and he did with the results we all saw.

The only point of this post is that with some dudes you have to alter your riding style a bit. Craig didn't take into consideration Vince's propensity for recklessness, and he ended up booted to the parking lot.
RG1
2/6/2022 10:12am
gt80rider wrote:
So.... it's OK for a random 5th place guy to randomly take out the red plate on the first lap, half way through the season? That's...

McG194 wrote:
Where did I say in my post that it was ok? I'll wait.................. I never did, the fact and it is indisputable is that if Craig...
Where did I say in my post that it was ok?

I'll wait..................

I never did, the fact and it is indisputable is that if Craig took the inside line Vinny would not have been able to take him out. He took the outside and left room for Vinny to get to him and he did with the results we all saw.

The only point of this post is that with some dudes you have to alter your riding style a bit. Craig didn't take into consideration Vince's propensity for recklessness, and he ended up booted to the parking lot.
How should Craig have got to the inside?
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
2/6/2022 10:13am
RG1 wrote:
It’s quite ironic that someone that has come up with this take take has accused Craig of ‘lacking race craft’. He didn’t really try and pass...
It’s quite ironic that someone that has come up with this take take has accused Craig of ‘lacking race craft’. He didn’t really try and pass Friese. He hit the 3-3-3 in the rhythm lane heading up to the sand and Friese missed it, so he ended up in front of him, he couldn’t get to the inside without wiping Friese out so he went to the outside and left Friese room as is the right thing to do. Friese just went in there and punted him off the track. The door was barely even open there.

I don’t buy the argument that Craig should take some blame because it’s Friese and he should know what’s coming. All he did was go 3-3-3 and then hold his line and he got punted into the middle of next week
This is perfect. Really nothing more to say.
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4295th
2/6/2022 10:17am
I agree with this thread.

Craig needs to race smarter. He is that much faster then anyone else, he needs to have patience and just wait for Friese to make a mistake or pick a much clearer spot to pass. Again, it’s CC’s title to lose, we will see if he keeps making decisions like he did last night.
RG1
2/6/2022 10:34am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
I agree with this thread. Craig needs to race smarter. He is that much faster then anyone else, he needs to have patience and just wait...
I agree with this thread.

Craig needs to race smarter. He is that much faster then anyone else, he needs to have patience and just wait for Friese to make a mistake or pick a much clearer spot to pass. Again, it’s CC’s title to lose, we will see if he keeps making decisions like he did last night.
Between San Diego and the second main last night Craig must’ve passed about 35 guys and he didn’t have any trouble with anyone other than Friese. But he’s the guy who needs to race smarter?! Huh
ANDY. C
2/6/2022 10:40am
looking at yesterdays race, yes he does.
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
2/6/2022 10:43am
Anderson does it and that's hard racing. Vince does pretty much the same thing and he should be disqualified and he's going to break legs. Bunch of cry babies.

T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
2/6/2022 10:48am
I don't think Vince did it intentionally.

Post a reply to: Different take, Craigs fault

The Latest