Different Layout at Southwick

Related:
Create New Tag

10/28/2020 3:20 AM

First full lap at 2:35. Kinda crazy layout they tried this past weekend obviously they would have to make a few more tweaks if they wanna incorporate this into a national layout change, but I thought it was pretty cool! By the end of the day with the amount of people that showed up for this race the track was as brutal as Ive ever seen it..I at least hope they keep the long straight with rollers after the first couple corners.
|

10/28/2020 6:13 AM

That must be the longest straight on a motocross track ever!

|

10/28/2020 6:19 AM

creature654 wrote:

First full lap at 2:35. Kinda crazy layout they tried this past weekend obviously they would have to make a few more tweaks ...more

I was told by keith Johnson they are most likely going to be turn it back to normal layout

|

10/28/2020 6:50 AM

Looks like a lot more fun to ride. Not as many passing opportunities but it opened up the flow a lot more. I've only ridden there (never raced it) but that was more than a decade ago. Still looks nice and rough though.

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

10/28/2020 6:51 AM

i raced it i suck severely in sand but i liked it

|

10/28/2020 6:56 AM

I rode it on Wednesday the first day it was switched I really liked it some stuff needed to get worked out but it was fun, really fast. I hit 56 mph on a stock 250

|

10/28/2020 10:01 AM

That is an extremely rough track. I got tired just watching that video.

|

10/28/2020 10:03 AM

I always struggle with that right hand corner after that up hill left near the stands right after the start, and now its gone! haha I should have gone.

|

10/28/2020 11:17 AM

motoxxx599 wrote:

That is an extremely rough track. I got tired just watching that video.

Don’t watch the GP’s from Lommel then laughing

|

10/28/2020 1:04 PM

I think if they moved the fence and used the hill that was completely cut out it would be epic! Southwick is my favorite track regardless of map/direction but it’s always good to switch things up I had a blast there this past weekend

|

10/28/2020 1:09 PM

Oleary465 wrote:

I rode it on Wednesday the first day it was switched I really liked it some stuff needed to get worked out but it was fun, ...more

Oh in practice the speeds were quite scary for sure! But by the time my first moto came around it was like a different track. They had 58 guys in open C With no qualifier, what a race lol

|

10/28/2020 2:40 PM

fourfourone wrote:

I always struggle with that right hand corner after that up hill left near the stands right after the start, and now its gone! ...more

Haha me too
Ended up buying a rekluse simply because of Turks like that...charge down the hill, lock the brake up no problem

|

10/28/2020 4:15 PM

One of my favorite tracks when I raced NESC but also my worst results. We had the RI desert for practice but nowhere near as rough.

|

10/28/2020 8:28 PM

Marty Mac jumping the mechanics straight berm 😂😂

|