Create New Tag

8/13/2017 9:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2017 9:34 AM

Crush wrote:

'Bout 7 titles.

What do I win?

akillerwombat wrote:

Ha!

I feel like Dungey will always be remembered but Tomac will always be talked about. Not trying to knock Dungey at all but ...more

Which is weird to me to hear sometimes even though his riding isn't ragged/on the edge. Southwick starting almost a lap down, shifting with his hand over jumps in vegas, the dunge got it done.

Edit: damn, lostboy stole my post smile

|

8/13/2017 9:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2017 9:43 AM

lostboy819 wrote:

I guess you don't follow the sport,and anyone who says "race craft" is a tool wink
Photo
Photo

Nope, don't follow the sport at all. Don't work in it, don't watch it, don't give two shits about it.

The fact of the matter is, despite all of Dungeys amazing one-off moments (two of which you posted) he will always be remembered for his consistency far and above anything else. I'm not knocking him in the slightest because what he did was mind blowing but he doesn't have enough 'firework' moments to overshadow the mountain of consistency he had to have that mythic quality like RC, JS, RV, etc. And, while I don't believe Tomac has earned the right to be on the level of those three yet the rides he was putting on before blowing his shoulders out and some of his races last SX season for sure makes him someone people will talk about for years to come. Whether or not he ends up as an RV or as a 'should-coulda' is up to him and how many championships he can finally piece together.

And if saying "racecraft" about the guy who has / had one the most impressive "racecrafts" of anyone to exist in this sport makes me a tool then so be it, I'm a tool:
Photo

|

8/13/2017 10:43 AM

JWACK wrote:

Decoster is a lot of the difference imo.
Huge been there done that mentor.

When teams were bidding for Dungey "the free agent" at least two teams, LB being one of them offered at least a million dollars more than KTM did at the time. Dungey went with KTM or I should say Roger D.

|

8/13/2017 10:48 AM

mxb2 wrote:

X2 great person and champion. But some fans wanna see the idiot riders who can't stay outa trouble or act like douchebags .

Hut wrote:

Come on now JLaw was awesome.
Photo

mxb2 wrote:

I love a good joke and having fun,. Time and place for everything. Look at the picture, compare careers. I rest my case.

Ryan has more cash in his truck seat than the entire jlaw brand.

|

8/13/2017 10:54 AM

Hut wrote:

Photo

mxb2 wrote:

I love a good joke and having fun,. Time and place for everything. Look at the picture, compare careers. I rest my case.

BobbyM wrote:

Yep

|

8/13/2017 11:34 AM

bama205 wrote:

Didn't RV have to part with dad or something like that ? Not sure on reasons

1st Amendment wrote:

He had to call up Aldon after losing the title to Dungey in 2010

I was there when he broke his leg. That jump was a man eater, it sent Hot Sauce to the hospital as well.

|

8/13/2017 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2017 11:48 AM

bama205 wrote:

Didn't RV have to part with dad or something like that ? Not sure on reasons

1st Amendment wrote:

Hut wrote:

I was there when he broke his leg. That jump was a man eater, it sent Hot Sauce to the hospital as well.

Other riders were jumping it just fine

|

8/13/2017 12:25 PM

Hut wrote:

Photo

mxb2 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

"I spent more money on spilt liquor than you made all year!" Rick Flair..... Whooo!

|

8/13/2017 12:35 PM

mxb2 wrote:

X2 great person and champion. But some fans wanna see the idiot riders who can't stay outa trouble or act like douchebags .

Hut wrote:

Photo

mxb2 wrote:

I think you need both types though, keeps things funny and interesting. You just need a good rental car roll over or schlong offer every now and then to keep everyone on their toes!laughing

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

8/13/2017 12:37 PM

Hut wrote:

Photo

mxb2 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

I think you need both types though, keeps things funny and interesting. You just need a good rental car roll over or schlong ...more

Marteen just took his shirt off, oops I meant pantstongue

|

8/13/2017 12:38 PM

1st Amendment wrote:

Hut wrote:

1st Amendment wrote:

They just weren't jumping it at the speed required to beat Dungey. Breaking point...Dungey was good at making the others find it.

|

8/13/2017 12:41 PM

logan_140 wrote:

When dungey managed a race he would get 3rd and when tomac does he gets 9th. Only a 27 pt lead I wouldn't feel to comfortable ...more

Motoxdoc wrote:

This is Musquin's championship to win...and Tomac's to lose.

True. And I predict it'll be just that way...Marvin will win & Tomac will lose.

|

8/13/2017 1:37 PM

KennyT wrote:

Tomac is not anywhere near Dungeys level and at this point there is no use in comparing them. Dungey may never be recognized ...more

agn5009 wrote:

Tomac has literally never beaten Dungey for a championship. Anyone who even tries to make the argument that Tomac is "better" ...more

Last year in the outdoors? Eli didn't win it , Kenny did , but he also finished 15 spots of RD. He also waxed RD in 75% of the SX races this past season. Eli's worst enemy was himself.....as the competition didn't have anything for him , and was clearly the better rider ( except Kenny last year ). I also think RD didn't want any part of Eli outdoors this year either , and why he retired 1/2 way through the season.

BUT.....with all that being said , NO , I don't think Eli is up to championship status as what Ryan was. Ryan was a master at playing the points game , and retired as a true legend in this sport.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/13/2017 1:54 PM

I have said it a number of times. Et is the new js

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

8/13/2017 2:09 PM

resetjet wrote:

yep.........as proven in the SX series this year............checkers or wreckers.............and also have never seen in 4 decades of watching this sport someone who could be completely different rider week to week...........winning by 20 seconds or in 15th not being able to make a pass if his life depended on it?!??!?!unsure unsure

|

8/13/2017 2:12 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Last year in the outdoors? Eli didn't win it , Kenny did , but he also finished 15 spots of RD. He also waxed RD in 75% of the ...more

"Last year in the outdoors? Eli didn't win it , Kenny did , but he also finished 15 spots of RD."

Now that's dumb. grin pinch
|

8/13/2017 2:20 PM

KennyT wrote:

Tomac is not anywhere near Dungeys level and at this point there is no use in comparing them. Dungey may never be recognized ...more

agn5009 wrote:

Tomac has literally never beaten Dungey for a championship. Anyone who even tries to make the argument that Tomac is "better" ...more

jeffro503 wrote:

Last year in the outdoors? Eli didn't win it , Kenny did , but he also finished 15 spots of RD. He also waxed RD in 75% of the ...more

Fact: Dungey would be the points leader in outdoors right now.

|

8/13/2017 2:20 PM

Dungey went 2-9 in the mud at Indiana in 2014 and if it wasn't for that race he looked good to take the title from Kenny.. didn't manage it that well that day.

Do you guys remember when RV was going for his first SX title? He was a completely different rider from the halfway point to the second last race and I have a feeling that had a lot to do with him just wanting to back it in for the title, then having to step it up or he would lose then a few years later the pressure of the championships didn't even seem to bother him.

Not saying Tomac doesn't need to work on his consistency as a tree could see that but I feel some people think it's time to panic after a mudder which is a little ridiculous.

|

8/13/2017 2:21 PM

1st Amendment wrote:

Hut wrote:

1st Amendment wrote:

Not really, that whole section was super sketchy lots of close calls and at least 2 trips out in an ambulance that night. Plywood showing throughout the rhythm section is not a good sign.

|

8/13/2017 2:22 PM

agn5009 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Landonious217 wrote:

Fact: Dungey would be the points leader in outdoors right now.

Fact: unless Villopoto was there

|

8/13/2017 2:47 PM

That 10th first Moto sure hurt him. He needs to be on the box next 4 motos. Let Marvin go & take a page from Dungey, & please don't get another 10th.

|

8/13/2017 2:57 PM

KennyT wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

You're leaving out the fact that in every 450 title he's won, he had the most wins, except 2017. That's not exactly managing points it's kicking ass.

Also I don't think Eli had a thing to do with not wanting to do outdoors this year.

He broke his neck doing them last year, that sums it up. 4 national titles, nothing left to prove.

|

8/13/2017 3:46 PM

KennyT wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

You're saying Eli retired Ryan Dungey?

|

8/13/2017 4:16 PM

agn5009 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

F.B wrote: "Last year in the outdoors? Eli didn't win it , Kenny did , but he also finished 15 spots of RD."

Dumb how? It's 100% true. RD got hurt....and the post I replied to said " Eli never beat RD for a championship "...... Which 100% true fact.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

8/13/2017 4:20 PM

agn5009 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Forty wrote:

You're saying Eli retired Ryan Dungey?

I'm saying that was probably " part " of the reason....a small part. The thing is , even though I'm a big Eli fan , I am of Ryan too. And my gut tells me Ryan would probably have a 50 - 70 point lead right now if he ran the outdoors. Eli has been less consistent then what most people thought.

|

8/14/2017 4:08 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

F.B wrote: "Last year in the outdoors? Eli didn't win it , Kenny did , but he also finished 15 spots of RD."

jeffro503 wrote:

Dumb how? It's 100% true. RD got hurt....and the post I replied to said " Eli never beat RD for a championship "...... Which ...more

By your logic, Musquin, Barcia, Filthy Phil, Bloss, Pourcel, Peick, Short, Noren, Brayton, Tickle, Seely, Anderson, Bisceglia and Bogle all beat Dungey for a championship last year.

|

8/14/2017 4:44 AM

newmann wrote:

But Dungey was boring and slow and everybody's little bitch and never had any competition and and and Tomac is the best we've ...more

Man I couldn't agree with you more on that comment. We had a gem in Dungey, the way he handled pressure, managed races, and saw the grander scheme is a skillset all in itself. We don't have another Dungey on the planet right now.

|

8/14/2017 5:46 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

Dungey went 2-9 in the mud at Indiana in 2014 and if it wasn't for that race he looked good to take the title from Kenny.. ...more

Was that the year that RV jumped on the new and improved bike? Seems like that was the year he just mutilated everyone on the new bike.

|

8/14/2017 6:14 AM

Stupid dungey and all his titles he won.

|

8/14/2017 6:25 AM

resetjet wrote:

Not even close.

|