Dietrich to moto?

TWicks
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 12:19pm
I heard a rumor that Ricky Dietrich has a ride to race SX/MX next year. Anybody heard what team he might be on?

If I were a team manager I would pick him up over a guy like Regal or Decotis he has top 5 speed and has shown that he has what it takes to finish a whole series and win championships at that!

I hope he gets a good ride and does well next year!
|
sdfog1
8/23/2010 8:48pm
I know it's not my business, but IMO he should stay with the off-road stuff, unless he has an offer with way more money than his normal annual earnings in off-road. Just my opinion.
Chris_ONeal
8/23/2010 8:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2010 8:58pm
I could see TLD Honda picking him up.
the_wood109
8/23/2010 9:01pm
Didn't he have a rough go of it at the GP? Could be other reasons, but he didn't seem quite on moto form there.
TWicks
8/24/2010 12:57pm
I kinda agree that he should stick with off-road but I also understand why he wants to give moto a shot. He will always be able to go back to off-road and be a top contender, why not try to give moto a shot while he is still relatively young

The Shop

Chris_ONeal
8/24/2010 1:02pm
He landed a top 5 last year in the 450 class. He should do a full season and see how it works out. If not head back to off road. I would if I was him!
chrisbuehler
8/24/2010 2:37pm
He landed a top 5 last year in the 450 class. He should do a full season and see how it works out. If not head...
He landed a top 5 last year in the 450 class. He should do a full season and see how it works out. If not head back to off road. I would if I was him!
X2. Motocross is a young man's game, the off-road stuff will be waiting. Ask Mike Brown
Spinner
8/24/2010 2:53pm
I'd like to see how good he is at a SX race, with a full field, before I'd sign him to both series.
Ddavis
8/24/2010 5:56pm
Spinner wrote:
I'd like to see how good he is at a SX race, with a full field, before I'd sign him to both series.
He used to show up and race out of a van a few years ago and make main events in the 250f class.
chrisbuehler
8/24/2010 6:43pm
Spinner wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
He used to show up and race out of a van a few years ago and make main events in the 250f class.
How old is he? He from Calli?
jmar
8/24/2010 7:40pm
sdfog1 wrote:
I know it's not my business, but IMO he should stay with the off-road stuff, unless he has an offer with way more money than his...
I know it's not my business, but IMO he should stay with the off-road stuff, unless he has an offer with way more money than his normal annual earnings in off-road. Just my opinion.
Honestly guys

There's not a lot of money in the off road stuff. Nothing like the make in SX/MX.
sdfog1
8/24/2010 8:11pm
sdfog1 wrote:
I know it's not my business, but IMO he should stay with the off-road stuff, unless he has an offer with way more money than his...
jmar wrote:
Honestly guys

There's not a lot of money in the off road stuff. Nothing like the make in SX/MX.
I don't disagree with that, it just seems that Dietrich is very happy with his current ride. I remember after his surprise performances last year he was interviewed multiple times and asked if he would consider switching to outdoors/supercross. He said something to the effect of he loves where he's at and wouldn't give that up. But maybe this year is different, he might not have the same ride lined up for next year. If that is the case, then I am speaking pointlessly.
jmar
8/24/2010 8:22pm
sdfog1 wrote:
jmar wrote:
Honestly guys

sdfog1 wrote:
I don't disagree with that, it just seems that Dietrich is very happy with his current ride. I remember after his surprise performances last year he...
I don't disagree with that, it just seems that Dietrich is very happy with his current ride. I remember after his surprise performances last year he was interviewed multiple times and asked if he would consider switching to outdoors/supercross. He said something to the effect of he loves where he's at and wouldn't give that up. But maybe this year is different, he might not have the same ride lined up for next year. If that is the case, then I am speaking pointlessly.
I think he's got a good thing going in the off road stuff.
He seems like a good guy and I wish him the best where ever he decides to go.
Rudeboy119
8/24/2010 8:28pm
Did he do a lot of MX as an AM? Man I never even heard of the guy and he was flat out haulin the mail last year! Would love to see him do the outdoors in 11'
Ddavis
8/24/2010 10:12pm
He'd be top 5 indoors, too.
kxkid715
8/24/2010 10:27pm
Ddavis wrote:
Not to sure on that one....
Ddavis
8/25/2010 12:10am
kxkid715 wrote:
Oh, well I am.

The guy can ride a motorcycle insanely good, supercross/motocross/off-road.. anything! he'll kill it!
8/25/2010 9:38pm
sdfog1 wrote:
jmar wrote:
Honestly guys

If I posted his numbers, it would come as a suprise. He and a select few others do well in off-road.

Jason-
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/25/2010 9:50pm
kxkid715 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
Oh, well I am.

The guy can ride a motorcycle insanely good, supercross/motocross/off-road.. anything! he'll kill it!
Dungey, Villopotto, Reed, Stewart, Pourcel.

Which one of those guys is he gonna beat to be in the top 5?

Thats not even mentioning the other up and comers like Canard, Weimer and Metty, or the more established Stars like Short, Tedesco and Windham.

He may be quick but top 5 isn't realistic indoors or out. Making mains would be a massive achievement for anybody next year.
7GP
8/25/2010 10:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2010 1:49am
He's 22 or 23 and from Washington but i think he lives in Cali...
dals3
8/25/2010 10:39pm
kxkid715 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
Oh, well I am.

haydos25 wrote:
Dungey, Villopotto, Reed, Stewart, Pourcel. Which one of those guys is he gonna beat to be in the top 5? Thats not even mentioning the other...
Dungey, Villopotto, Reed, Stewart, Pourcel.

Which one of those guys is he gonna beat to be in the top 5?

Thats not even mentioning the other up and comers like Canard, Weimer and Metty, or the more established Stars like Short, Tedesco and Windham.

He may be quick but top 5 isn't realistic indoors or out. Making mains would be a massive achievement for anybody next year.
Well...Reed, Stewart and Villopoto were all DNFs for the season, so you do the math... :-)

I'm NOT saying he could run top 5 consistently, but it is racing after all and if you have decent speed and can stay on your bike and finish all the races, you've got a reasonable shot at running in the top 5 range...

JMO
RaceFace
8/25/2010 10:52pm
Ddavis wrote:
He won't be top 5 outdoors if he races. He won't be top 10. Stick to off-road Ricky. This group is not what he was facing in 2009. Ask Reed, ask Grant, ask Alessi......ask James Stewart. Ricky had some great rides last year but there was no Townley, Metcalfe, Dungey, Regal, last year. Next year you're adding Pourcel, Canard, Weimer and...? Indoors, forget it. He would have trouble qualifying in the 450 class with the group that will be out there in 2011. I love Dietrich, but he would not bode well in MX 2011.
FIREfish148
8/25/2010 10:57pm
Spinner wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
Hes 21 now or around there. And no hes from the Seattle area. And yes he is no doubt the second fastest rider to come out of Washington in the last decade IMO.
Ddavis
8/26/2010 7:22pm
RaceFace wrote:
He won't be top 5 outdoors if he races. He won't be top 10. Stick to off-road Ricky. This group is not what he was facing...
He won't be top 5 outdoors if he races. He won't be top 10. Stick to off-road Ricky. This group is not what he was facing in 2009. Ask Reed, ask Grant, ask Alessi......ask James Stewart. Ricky had some great rides last year but there was no Townley, Metcalfe, Dungey, Regal, last year. Next year you're adding Pourcel, Canard, Weimer and...? Indoors, forget it. He would have trouble qualifying in the 450 class with the group that will be out there in 2011. I love Dietrich, but he would not bode well in MX 2011.
Wow, lay off the haterade duuude. Ricky Dietrich is easily a top 10 guy, but even if he went out and WON you'd still be sitting in the internet saying "ohh he cant do this and that and he didnt do this and that and blah blah"
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/26/2010 7:28pm
He wasn't top 10 at the Glen Helen GP. Is the competition that much better in the GP's?

He's a solid rider, if you think he can squeeze into the top 10 name me the current rider that he's faster then.

Just cause a guy blows past you on the practice track doesnt mean he can do the same to the pro's on a saturday.
Chris_ONeal
8/26/2010 7:36pm
haydos25 wrote:
He wasn't top 10 at the Glen Helen GP. Is the competition that much better in the GP's? He's a solid rider, if you think he...
He wasn't top 10 at the Glen Helen GP. Is the competition that much better in the GP's?

He's a solid rider, if you think he can squeeze into the top 10 name me the current rider that he's faster then.

Just cause a guy blows past you on the practice track doesnt mean he can do the same to the pro's on a saturday.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/26/2010 7:54pm
haydos25 wrote:
He wasn't top 10 at the Glen Helen GP. Is the competition that much better in the GP's? He's a solid rider, if you think he...

[url=http://209.169.8.8/pdfresults/mx/2009/03-wortham/450_overall.pdf]Top five result right here from last year in the 450. I'd say he's a good pick for a ride. The GP he had problems with...
Jake Moss had a couple podiums last year, i don't think it's to far off base to say his results were equal to or better than Dietrich given his SX results and coming back from a broken back.

Is he a good pick for a ride as well?

The competition just keeps getting deeper and deeper, i cant see any team wanting to risk Dietrich. And i cant imagine why a front runner in the offroad stuff would risk that career by trying to be a mid packer in MX.

But maybe that's just my logic.

Post a reply to: Dietrich to moto?

The Latest