Diesel and petrol ban UK?

Titan1
7/27/2017 7:54am
Titan1 wrote:
All the libs/greenies/millennials/hipsters/etc./etc that want all this green energy/electric vehicles stuff don't pull trailers, so they don't think anyone else needs to-nor should they be able...
All the libs/greenies/millennials/hipsters/etc./etc that want all this green energy/electric vehicles stuff don't pull trailers, so they don't think anyone else needs to-nor should they be able to-either. In fact, they don't understand a rural lifestyle-at all-they are "urban" and feel like everyone should want to live the same way-or be forced to live the same way-within walking distance of everything you need-no need for a vehicle at all...and if you need one, just call an "uber". They are perfectly happy and content living that way...so they see no reason why everyone else shouldn't be perfectly happy living that way either.

Electric vehicles are a long long long long long way from being practical in rural America. (Of course, the greenie agenda is doing its best to kill rural America...and I think that will happen before electric vehicles become practical there.
I've gotta disagree with you there, Telsa in a couple years has managed to create an electric car that runs sub 11 second 1/4 miles, the...
I've gotta disagree with you there, Telsa in a couple years has managed to create an electric car that runs sub 11 second 1/4 miles, the 8th fastest production vehicle and the two fastest 0-60 cars are a hybrid Porsche and the Tesla.

Electric motors are pure torque, obviously manufactures would need to develop electric Ram 3500's for us, but it seems feasible to me. These Telsa motors are clearly putting out some good torque and have a range of around 250 miles.

While I'm far from these stereotype people you've listed. I do live in this so called "rural" america that you speak of, so much so that my entire house is run off solar and batteries as there are no utilities near me. I do have a propane 14kw generator that will kick on as needed, I've lived in my house since May 1st and it has not started once. My dad was up here with his Tesla and we drove it everyday like a normal car and came home and it charged all night off my batteries ready to go again in the morning.

I also drive a deleted Ram 3500 and tow several times a week for work, I have no doubt that within 20 years I will have options for a truck that can tow 20k+ at least 100 miles, I will then be able to charge my truck every night from energy I collected for free from the sun.

The problem I feel with EV is people are so caught up in the division between us politically and socially that they are unwilling to accept good ideas that the other side has.

That's cool man! (That you disagree with me, your opinion, and your set up/lifestyle...all very cool).
PressPassP
7/27/2017 11:02am
UK Column came up with this,make of it what you will,the (GreenPeace)claim of 40,000 deaths we keep hearing on our news in relation to the ban

And the proposed introduction of tariffs to drive in London,EU complicit directives (despite the UK supposedly leaving the EU)

Barrzy256
7/27/2017 1:23pm
With everyone trying to eliminate fossil fueled engines and transitioning to electric motors, I'm curious what the environmental impact of billions of additional batteries around the...
With everyone trying to eliminate fossil fueled engines and transitioning to electric motors, I'm curious what the environmental impact of billions of additional batteries around the world will be. Additionally, in my area all of the electricity is generated by burning coal, so I'm curious if electric vehicles truly have a smaller environmental impact compared to traditional fossil fueled vehicles.
Ask yourself why we still use fossil fuels? When there are sustainable alternatives readily available....

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2212th
7/27/2017 1:41pm
Barrzy256 wrote:
Ask yourself why we still use fossil fuels? When there are sustainable alternatives readily available....
Because things work how you want, when you want with fossil fuels.
Titan1
7/27/2017 2:52pm
With everyone trying to eliminate fossil fueled engines and transitioning to electric motors, I'm curious what the environmental impact of billions of additional batteries around the...
With everyone trying to eliminate fossil fueled engines and transitioning to electric motors, I'm curious what the environmental impact of billions of additional batteries around the world will be. Additionally, in my area all of the electricity is generated by burning coal, so I'm curious if electric vehicles truly have a smaller environmental impact compared to traditional fossil fueled vehicles.
Barrzy256 wrote:
Because there is no realistic alternative to them available at the moment.

Post a reply to: Diesel and petrol ban UK?

The Latest