Didn't know Fro was getting grief

McG194
9/1/2021 5:52am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2021 4:47am
According to Matthes on this weeks Pulp show people have been blowing up Fro's DM's and generally being knuckleheads about him online. Acting like he was at fault for GL not being on the air.

If you are doing this stop, you're an idiot. GL is great to listen to and the sport is definitely better with him in it but that has nothing to do with Fro.
|
LungButter
9/1/2021 5:55am
People are idiots.

In one podcast Weege even explained that Fro might not even be vaccinated but he could work the event due to not being exposed to the sick crew member the week before.

I’m so sick of both sides of the political spectrum, anyone fervently onboard with either side should be embarrassed of themselves.
Yeti831
9/1/2021 5:56am
Fro is the man.

Anyone who takes GL’s situation out on him can eat a bag of sugar coated dicks.
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
9/1/2021 5:58am
Agreed.

GL doesn’t even have a situation. He just disagreed with his employer and quit. There is no harm or foul on either side.
9/1/2021 5:59am
I was very surprised at how well Fro did, I have been critical of him in the past, but he was fun to listen to, making bets with wedge etc.. looking forward to more of it!

The Shop

McG194
9/1/2021 6:00am
Both are freaking legends and the more we hear of both the better.

I do hope we get more GL on Whiskey Throttle now. A loose GL is a good GL.
9/1/2021 6:04am
I was at the race and just started watching the broadcast this morning on the elliptical. I thought GL did a great job, but I think Jeff stepped in and took the reins without missing a beat. No complaints here. I hope Fro sticks around. He did a great job last weekend with very little time to prep. I’m sure he will get even better in the future with time to prepare.
PNWRider
9/1/2021 6:05am
So a guy quits and people give grief to his replacement for being his replacement? Wtf…what was Emig supposed to do, refuse the job? Go on strike?

Good grief, people are stupid these days.
FWYT
9/1/2021 7:06am
"generally being knuckleheads about him online..."

Great thing about the web is that everyone has a voice. The worst thing about the web is that everyone has a voice.

Hopefully, as this web world continues, the collective consciousness rises to the point where certain activity is seen as the equivalent of graffiti on the bathroom wall. Hopefully.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
9/1/2021 7:12am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 7:13am
Word is Grant was done after this year anyhow. Just used this situation to get himself more attention, like WT when he makes all the interviews about himself. Shame people take it out on the new guy.
Trav138
9/1/2021 7:12am
Thats the social media life and Fro knows the game well, he ll be fine. Everybody has a voice now, and it’s to easy be a disrespectful asshole behind a screen, without any consequences.
Wandell
9/1/2021 7:40am
Both Fro and GL are great guys. It takes a special kind of stupid to give Fro crap about accepting a job offer.
9/1/2021 7:45am
LungButter wrote:
People are idiots. In one podcast Weege even explained that Fro might not even be vaccinated but he could work the event due to not being...
People are idiots.

In one podcast Weege even explained that Fro might not even be vaccinated but he could work the event due to not being exposed to the sick crew member the week before.

I’m so sick of both sides of the political spectrum, anyone fervently onboard with either side should be embarrassed of themselves.
And we are sick of centrists thinking that’s some moral high ground. Goes both ways.
dboivin
9/1/2021 11:24am
PNWRider wrote:
So a guy quits and people give grief to his replacement for being his replacement? Wtf…what was Emig supposed to do, refuse the job? Go on...
So a guy quits and people give grief to his replacement for being his replacement? Wtf…what was Emig supposed to do, refuse the job? Go on strike?

i think its more that a replacement was done without involving or talking to the one being replaced. Smile
9/1/2021 11:55am
Yeti831 wrote:
Fro is the man.

Anyone who takes GL’s situation out on him can eat a bag of sugar coated dicks.
Don’t bother with the sugar!!
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
9/1/2021 12:06pm
I was at the race and just started watching the broadcast this morning on the elliptical. I thought GL did a great job, but I think...
I was at the race and just started watching the broadcast this morning on the elliptical. I thought GL did a great job, but I think Jeff stepped in and took the reins without missing a beat. No complaints here. I hope Fro sticks around. He did a great job last weekend with very little time to prep. I’m sure he will get even better in the future with time to prepare.
I just want to point out and give you props for the proper usage of the word, "reins." Most people use the wrong word there. Kudos.

For those who don't know, here's a little "Grammar with Falcon" interjection: "Reins" are the leather straps which connect to the bit in a horse's mouth. They are used for steering and/or controlling the horse while you are riding it. "Take the reins" means to take control (same as "take the wheel" in a car or "take the helm" on a boat.)

OK, sorry to hijack the thread. Carry on!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
9/1/2021 12:09pm
PNWRider wrote:
So a guy quits and people give grief to his replacement for being his replacement? Wtf…what was Emig supposed to do, refuse the job? Go on...

dboivin wrote:
i think its more that a replacement was done without involving or talking to the one being replaced. Smile
Why would they ask GL anything on his replacement ? He quit, he has no say on who they hire.
dboivin
9/1/2021 12:12pm
PNWRider wrote:

dboivin wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Why would they ask GL anything on his replacement ? He quit, he has no say on who they hire.
um. he quit because they replaced him first....i guess go get caught up on full story.
dboivin
9/1/2021 12:13pm
not justifyin people ripping on jeff. just saying GL fans aren't liking how it happened and thats why fro is getting some kickback....not justified....but i'm sure thats why its happening.
Timo
9/1/2021 12:21pm
dboivin wrote:
not justifyin people ripping on jeff. just saying GL fans aren't liking how it happened and thats why fro is getting some kickback....not justified....but i'm sure...
not justifyin people ripping on jeff. just saying GL fans aren't liking how it happened and thats why fro is getting some kickback....not justified....but i'm sure thats why its happening.
GL was told take a week off and then come back with a negative test. He got mad and quit via social media, then started blasting NBC via sharing posts from others. In what world would an employer be like, I better get his opinion on who should replace him... Most would make sure he never works for them or their partners ever again...
dboivin
9/1/2021 12:27pm
smh. also not accurate.
dboivin
9/1/2021 12:32pm
some of you are so eager to pick a side and take a stand....don't even
bother to find out exactly what happened. I'm not even condoning what grants reaction was or anything...but some of you don't undrstand how and why he did what he did.
dboivin
9/1/2021 12:40pm
imagine its thursday and your flying out to work. they call and say "hey don't both coming this weekend, we think you were exposed. oh btw we got you replaced by your buddy jeff so don't sweat it.

but yet you never put yourself in a position to be exposed and no one bothered to ask you if you were exposed to someone specific? and they mention in there "since your not vaccinated"....

he replied with i quit then.

and now back to original post title. people are stupid and will make jeff out to be bad guy because they are fans of GL.

is that really that hard to understand? next time i'll make a paragraph out explaining it all since most can't understand a simple concept.
LungButter
9/1/2021 12:49pm
And we are sick of centrists thinking that’s some moral high ground. Goes both ways.
It's not a moral high ground, I think of it more like using that old thing called common sense. You know....thinking for yourself..... remember what that's like?

If you wanna just blindly and ignorantly follow your chosen "team", fly right at it bud. It's a free country after all.

Snowflakes abound on both teams, hilarious.
9/1/2021 12:51pm
GL's update is on Insta. Well communicated reasoning and very neutral on the subject of vaccines.
I hope he finds other avenues in addition to Whiskey Throttle to give input on the sport that we love.
9/1/2021 12:55pm
GL's update is on Insta. Well communicated reasoning and very neutral on the subject of vaccines. I hope he finds other avenues in addition to Whiskey...
GL's update is on Insta. Well communicated reasoning and very neutral on the subject of vaccines.
I hope he finds other avenues in addition to Whiskey Throttle to give input on the sport that we love.
spreading the disproven theory that vaccines cause autism isn't well reasoned or neutral.
rosebud441
9/1/2021 1:09pm
spreading the disproven theory that vaccines cause autism isn't well reasoned or neutral.
Seems like these guys are easy targets for the anti-vaxxers and flat earth crowd..
Maybe its all the hits on the noggin, their brains are a bowl of mash potatoes.. pretty sad.

sorry, but it had to be said...
9/1/2021 1:18pm
dboivin wrote:
imagine its thursday and your flying out to work. they call and say "hey don't both coming this weekend, we think you were exposed. oh btw...
imagine its thursday and your flying out to work. they call and say "hey don't both coming this weekend, we think you were exposed. oh btw we got you replaced by your buddy jeff so don't sweat it.

but yet you never put yourself in a position to be exposed and no one bothered to ask you if you were exposed to someone specific? and they mention in there "since your not vaccinated"....

and now back to original post title. people are stupid and will make jeff out to be bad guy because they are fans of GL.

is that really that hard to understand? next time i'll make a paragraph out explaining it all since most can't understand a simple concept.
That def changes the whole dynamic of the situation. I wasn't aware of that. I wasn't on either side of this whole thing but that's an interesting variable to take into account
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
9/1/2021 2:06pm
dboivin wrote:
imagine its thursday and your flying out to work. they call and say "hey don't both coming this weekend, we think you were exposed. oh btw...

Just curious how you have the real story? Not saying if it true or not but where did you get your information?
gt80rider
9/1/2021 2:29pm
There are a lot of people out there that were on the brink before covid, then lost it when the worldwide pandemic got going.... and the longer it has gone, the more they are losing touch with reality.... case in point- anti vaxxers losing it on Fro... Fro is just earning a paycheck, the same paycheck that GL did not want to take.... it is that simple...
dboivin
9/1/2021 2:30pm
dboivin wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:
Just curious how you have the real story? Not saying if it true or not but where did you get your information?
its summary of how he explained it...to clear it up because many were running an alternative narrative....much like some in this thread believe.

Post a reply to: Didn't know Fro was getting grief

The Latest