Did you see those races ?

500guy
Edited Date/Time 4/15/2012 7:17pm
Yup, I didn't either. 2nd most attended Motorsport in the USA and we can't get nothing but live timing and next day coverage ?

Lame
|
Whitey
4/14/2012 8:52pm
Going by Matthes tweet not many people saw it from the Stadium either
Truckdriver
4/14/2012 8:56pm
Well be happy you get to see some of them live, so poor anymore can't swing cable or dish, let alone go to one of them. Thank God for some cool friends!! Looks like my first NMA qualifier is a washout this weekend at Abbott MX Park in Lincoln Ne. Nasty storms and a lot of flooding. Gonna hit the sand pit tomorrow afternoon, should be dry enough then.
josh8811
4/14/2012 9:00pm
Whitey wrote:
What do you mean? I didn't follow any of it.

The Shop

Whorehay
4/14/2012 10:17pm
I bet they had a sweet ass game of tennis or some Golf on that we could have watched....
or better yet re-runs of (reality tv show here)
4/14/2012 10:48pm
Whitey wrote:
josh8811 wrote:
He said it was a very small crowd
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/14/2012 11:03pm
500guy wrote:
Yup, I didn't either. 2nd most attended Motorsport in the USA and we can't get nothing but live timing and next day coverage ?

Lame
2nd most attended motorsport?

I assume NASCAR's number one.

NHRA?
IndyCar?

What else?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/14/2012 11:07pm
Whitey wrote:
josh8811 wrote:
He said it was a very small crowd
It was a late-arriving crowd, for sure.

The post-race press release said 33,392. The place holds over 70,000
4/14/2012 11:09pm
GuyB wrote:

NHRA?
IndyCar?

What else?
Supercross is the second-most-attended motorsport in the U.S., frequently selling out venues such as Edison International Field and the Georgia Dome. Only NASCAR has greater live fan attendance.

http://www.toyotaracing.com/motorsports/jgrmx/history.html

I'm not sure of the accuracy of that thoough, or if there's any bias there.
4/14/2012 11:09pm
could RV wrapping the title up and all the big names being out have anything to do with this? Whistling
BR_HERO
4/15/2012 12:10am
could RV wrapping the title up and all the big names being out have anything to do with this? Whistling
I highly doubt that..

I'am sure the majority of the fans that attend a supercross race don't fallow the sport that closely to where they wouldn't show up to watch it because a title was wrapped up, or a certain rider wasn't there. Most people are there to have a good time and watch racing. Sometimes i think people who aren't real "fans" are actually bigger fans then the real fans who bitch about a certain rider not racing and they don't want to watch anymore, people on here bitch all the time like that, it's so weak, if you don't want to watch cause your rider isn't racing then you aren't a fan of racing your just a fanboy, which is worse /rant (not directed towards you)

Plus it's New Orleans, would you really expect N.O. to be a big supercross city? Maybe it was in the past, i don't know. Just doesn't strike me as a city where i see Supercross being a big deal.
tobz
4/15/2012 4:00am
Sounds like the lites race was fairly exciting.

Open class, not so much.
WhKnuckle
4/15/2012 4:16am
Sounds like they picked the best rounds for live TV. About the time they stopped live telecasting, the series was over and even KDub was reduced to a couple of practice laps. And even motoheads on VitalMX were more interesting in the debate about which color bike James Stewart wasn't going to ride for the rest of the series.
4/15/2012 5:02am
500guy wrote:

Lame
You did know the live TV schedule versus next day TV schedule for the series ahead time, didn't you? Wink
Tbteam
4/15/2012 5:08am
So New Orleans turned out to be Jacksonville West. I wonder what the next venue is to try. Here's an idea... Atlanta 2.
clem
4/15/2012 7:07am
BR_HERO wrote:
I highly doubt that.. I'am sure the majority of the fans that attend a supercross race don't fallow the sport that closely to where they wouldn't...
I highly doubt that..

I'am sure the majority of the fans that attend a supercross race don't fallow the sport that closely to where they wouldn't show up to watch it because a title was wrapped up, or a certain rider wasn't there. Most people are there to have a good time and watch racing. Sometimes i think people who aren't real "fans" are actually bigger fans then the real fans who bitch about a certain rider not racing and they don't want to watch anymore, people on here bitch all the time like that, it's so weak, if you don't want to watch cause your rider isn't racing then you aren't a fan of racing your just a fanboy, which is worse /rant (not directed towards you)

Plus it's New Orleans, would you really expect N.O. to be a big supercross city? Maybe it was in the past, i don't know. Just doesn't strike me as a city where i see Supercross being a big deal.
New Orleans itself isn't a big supercross city but from there through Baton Rouge out west towards lake Charles there are quite a few people who do ride. then there are the close surrounding areas and the Northshore of lake ponchatrain, Mississippi. That's where you get the fans from. I don't think that cats from the local projects are going to the races unless they have some wild out wheelie boys are setup in there. I live about 50 miles south of the dome and moto is pretty healthy down here. I always see trucks towing bikes around to the local tracks.
elsinore
4/15/2012 7:25am
Damn, I miss the live Speed shows. Isn't this what we can look forward to for the Nationals?Sad
4/15/2012 7:54am
500guy wrote:

Lame
GuyB wrote:

NHRA?
IndyCar?

What else?
ALMS
Grand Am (maybe)
jammin76tx
4/15/2012 8:11am
I can't find anybody streaming the 250s, does anyone have any ideas? The Firstrowsports domain has been seized by Homeland Security, and besweet isn't broadcasting.
4/15/2012 8:53am
jammin76tx wrote:
I can't find anybody streaming the 250s, does anyone have any ideas? The Firstrowsports domain has been seized by Homeland Security, and besweet isn't broadcasting.
I can not give you a link right now, but with firstrowsports web site at the end of the address put, .EU, not.COM. Homeland closed down the .COM site.
andymoto
4/15/2012 10:51am
500guy wrote:

Lame
GuyB wrote:

NHRA?
IndyCar?

What else?
ALMS
Grand Am (maybe)
It's lame, but the Fox Cup race and Speed post race show right after come first.
pete24
4/15/2012 12:16pm
i would much rather have GET YOUR RIDE ON live then stupid CBS who play two stroke noise when they show stewi on the add, dont they know 2 strokes are against the law?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
4/15/2012 12:24pm
Just got done watching as a matter of fact. Enjoyed it. You don't have to try to very hard to enjoy it if you wipe your tears and give it a shot.
Choover541
4/15/2012 12:29pm
I wish any parent organization other than Feld would be in charge of things... They are the reason why it's taken ages just to get half way decent coverage of the races... They take in a LOT of money and provide the riders with very little compensation for what it takes to race at this level. Even if you're on a factory team life isn't easy for a motocrosser. What happens when you are a privateer who is a journeyman racer and you get hurt with no insurance? A few suggestions for Feld.

1) If you make the night show for an Supercross, then you are covered under a Feld paid insurance plan no ifs ands or buts. You're covered. From ambulance to rehab. If they can put up a million bucks for one race, they can take the chance losing money on a few riders who are helping to make them money in the first place.

2) The stakes get ratched up in terms of payouts for the riders. (Draw more GP riders to our series and then make it truly a WORLD SERIES of MX/SX. We're starting to see this happening more but if they push it a little harder it will be even better.)

3) RUN A 22 MAN GATE!!! Look at the LCQ's from this season and look at some of the names who barely won or didn't make it... They should still be in the main...

I know I'm not MX God or anything, but these are just a couple things that I've either talked with pops about or have heard people say...

Anyway, Cheers.
uk125250
4/15/2012 2:40pm
500guy wrote:

Lame
Huh? Are you being sarcastic?
Whorehay
4/15/2012 5:12pm
As far as the poor attendance...

anyone know if NO is one o the stadiums that sell the tickets to private vendors who double the price to sell them to the consumer? (like aneheim/ vegas) For $100 bucks a seat the only people attending the races are die hard fans. I about choked when I found out what I had to pay to go to vegas this year.
4/15/2012 5:15pm
Choover541 wrote:
I wish any parent organization other than Feld would be in charge of things... They are the reason why it's taken ages just to get half...
I wish any parent organization other than Feld would be in charge of things... They are the reason why it's taken ages just to get half way decent coverage of the races... They take in a LOT of money and provide the riders with very little compensation for what it takes to race at this level. Even if you're on a factory team life isn't easy for a motocrosser. What happens when you are a privateer who is a journeyman racer and you get hurt with no insurance? A few suggestions for Feld.

1) If you make the night show for an Supercross, then you are covered under a Feld paid insurance plan no ifs ands or buts. You're covered. From ambulance to rehab. If they can put up a million bucks for one race, they can take the chance losing money on a few riders who are helping to make them money in the first place.

2) The stakes get ratched up in terms of payouts for the riders. (Draw more GP riders to our series and then make it truly a WORLD SERIES of MX/SX. We're starting to see this happening more but if they push it a little harder it will be even better.)

3) RUN A 22 MAN GATE!!! Look at the LCQ's from this season and look at some of the names who barely won or didn't make it... They should still be in the main...

I know I'm not MX God or anything, but these are just a couple things that I've either talked with pops about or have heard people say...

Anyway, Cheers.
22 man gate? Why, so there will be more lappers to fuck with the leaders?
fader418
4/15/2012 5:41pm
Hopefully the rest of the rounds are live?
TDeath21
4/15/2012 6:55pm
Pathetic. You get more live rounds this season than any other season before and all you do is complain about the very few rounds that aren't live.
dboivin
4/15/2012 7:11pm
bring that race back to pontiac, i guarantee you'll see more than 30k in the stands...

Post a reply to: Did you see those races ?

The Latest