Did you see the brick?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2021 8:37 AM

When Oldenburg went down there was 3/4 of a brick in that left hander before they crossed the start straight. Just need some lumber and a little rebar to build a house there. Nice dirt. Wonder what else was out there?

Hammer 663s

|

2/3/2021 8:53 AM

Damn Photo

|

2/3/2021 8:58 AM

Arenacross with endurocross obstacles thrown in?

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/3/2021 9:02 AM

To be fair I do earth work and you find all kinds of shit in *clean* material

|

2/3/2021 9:07 AM

I do not wonder anymore what is out there because...
Photo

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

2/3/2021 9:14 AM

soggy wrote:

Yep, especially when it seems like most of the dirt used for SX had to have been dug up from a major metropolitan area at some point.

But damn, can you imagine that coming at you warp speed off the back of a 450!? F THAT !!

|

2/3/2021 9:20 AM

It definitely wouldn’t tickle

|

2/3/2021 9:42 AM

soggy wrote:

LungButter wrote:

Yep, especially when it seems like most of the dirt used for SX had to have been dug up from a major metropolitan area at some ...more

That was my thought. I've taken some rocks to various spots before that hurt. A brick to the chest could kill you. Or a piece of rebar through a goggle lens.

Hammer n663s

|

2/3/2021 12:29 PM

We raced an AMA Arenacross series race in New Haven Conn one year. They asked us to go out and remove all the rocks we could from the track. It looked more like gravel than dirt and many of the pit crew people were out there picking up rocks about 1" in diameter and throwing them off the track. I installed hand guards for that race for my rider.

|

2/3/2021 12:52 PM

Two Stroke wrote:

We raced an AMA Arenacross series race in New Haven Conn one year. They asked us to go out and remove all the rocks we could ...more

I have a couple private tracks of my own, and picking rocks was often the price of entry. And me and my boy spent many fine sessions after our ride day walking the track, checking out our lines, and picking rocks. At my current track a piece of a farm implement will come up on occasion. I can usually hear them when I hit em with the tiller, so I stop and remove them right away. My dirt always has had something in it somewhere. But not bricks. wink

Hammer

|

2/3/2021 1:03 PM

It's Indianapolis motorsports. Bricks are required.

|

2/3/2021 6:09 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

Lol, that will make the courses more exciting.

|

2/3/2021 6:48 PM

That’s not a brick, that’s a “paver”. grin That’s the future of Supercross tracks!

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/3/2021 7:13 PM

Just the remnants of a block pass.

|

2/3/2021 7:33 PM

Hammer 663s wrote:

I have a couple private tracks of my own, and picking rocks was often the price of entry. And me and my boy spent many fine ...more

Over the years, one of my favorite things to do in between motos and after my final moto of the day, is walk track & pick rocks...And look for better lines...

|

2/3/2021 8:16 PM

I wonder what Thomas Do (773) hit before pulling off the track with a flat.

|

2/3/2021 8:44 PM

Seriously, this shit show is why sx will never be as big as nascar.

Pavers, cutting races a lap short on accident, screwing privateers out of their chance in a main.. weak as hell..

|

2/3/2021 8:44 PM

Oh, let's not forget 40 second freakin lap times..

|

2/3/2021 9:42 PM

Not abnormal. I've seen rebar sticking out of a lip of a rhythm section at Daytona, car parts from monster jam shows in the regular stadiums, and bricks and concrete are pretty common. In Toronto 2016 a concrete block the size of a small cooler in the rollers the guys were jumping into off of the big single flated my riders rear tire and cost us 2nd place....

|

2/3/2021 10:06 PM

Fuckin hell John.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/3/2021 11:20 PM

Chance1216 wrote:

I wonder what Thomas Do (773) hit before pulling off the track with a flat.

That poor guy, when he flipped over the tough block trying to get off the track. Talk about insult to injury. He was hauling that race, such a bummer.

|

2/4/2021 5:57 AM

soggy wrote:

Damn Photo

Is this one of those Tuff Blocks I've heard so much about?

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

2/4/2021 10:58 AM

mx216 wrote:

Not abnormal. I've seen rebar sticking out of a lip of a rhythm section at Daytona, car parts from monster jam shows in the ...more

Man, I'm a wuss. I gripe when my track isn't covered in rose petals and watered with champagne. I don't even like rocks in the dirt. Chocolate cake every time is my desire.

The last (and only) time I hit a concrete block on a track I broke my femur. So there's some history there....

Hammer 663s

|

2/4/2021 11:03 AM

Did that come off AC's subframe? (that was for Bobbym)

|

2/4/2021 11:18 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

And, as is tradition in Indianapolis Motorsports, Oldenburg looks like he is about to "kiss the brick!" after winning... oh, wait.

|

2/4/2021 3:50 PM

soggy wrote:

Damn Photo

MotoTribology wrote:

Nah that's his cousin "Brick" from the rough part of town.

|

2/4/2021 5:25 PM

soggy wrote:

Photo
|

2/7/2021 6:50 PM

soggy wrote:

Damn Photo

MotoTribology wrote:

rohr397 wrote:

Nah that's his cousin "Brick" from the rough part of town.

So there's someone trying to improve the challenges on the track.

|