Did you notice RV1's corner speed?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2012 9:20 AM

If not, you can re watch the race here.

He is absolutely flying through the 180 and 90 corners. It honestly doesn't look real.
|

1/9/2012 9:22 AM

Watch mainly the split screen around 5:40, when he is still hard on the gas.

|

1/9/2012 9:33 AM

The speed he carried in that 180 corner right before where IT9 crashed was insane....full of ruts and RV2 just killed it through there

|

1/9/2012 9:45 AM

I didn't noticed cause they barely showed him. I'm sure he was unreal.

Also, Eli Tomac had wicked speed.

|

1/9/2012 9:47 AM

corners has and always will win races, if you listen to RC in the booth, he mentions that there where places in the corners to make up time

|

1/9/2012 9:50 AM

He's going to be tough,no doubt.

|

1/9/2012 9:53 AM

He's always had that... one thing I saw in person was that he was wheelying the whoop section.. granted, it wasn't much of a whoop section but it was still pretty sick. Also, when he had to make those passes in his heat, he would square up those corners you are talking about and pin it... #fast.

|

1/9/2012 9:55 AM

There is no doubt that he is 100% comfortable on that bike. Riding it like his old 250F days. Baring any bad luck he will not get beat for the title.

|

1/9/2012 9:55 AM

Outsider wrote:

He's always had that... one thing I saw in person was that he was wheelying the whoop section.. granted, it wasn't much of a whoop section but it was still pretty sick. Also, when he had to make those passes in his heat, he would square up those corners you are talking about and pin it... #fast.

if you watch from the split screen section I mentioned you see him do that right out of the corner.

|

1/9/2012 10:08 AM

floridaflash wrote:

corners has and always will win races, if you listen to RC in the booth, he mentions that there where places in the corners to make up time

jump for show, corner for dough.

|

My new closer for every pitch I make (work related or otherwise) “[Buy now and] get some kind of hella, super-sweet deal… it’s so special they haven’t really even told me what it is.” Quote courtesy of Steve Matthes.

1/9/2012 10:57 AM

I was thinking the same, but when you dont have to protect the inside or worry about someone stuffing you then you can take the smoothest fastest line available. Not trying to take anything away from him, he is damn fast.

|

1/9/2012 11:25 AM

Looked like railing the berm before the whoops helped out a bunch as well.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

1/9/2012 12:27 PM

I noticed incredible speed everywhere. Corners, jumps.......he was on it for sure.

|

It's better to stay quiet and be thought a fool then to speak and prove everyone right!

1/9/2012 12:39 PM

I did notice at 2:18 Emig stutters drawing the circle.. Small circle followed by a large.

|