Did you catch DC's little comment?

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:44am
DC said : "The fastest riders in the world are in this series!"

And even though i really dig the GP guys , Team Euro and McCread can shove that statement down their cake holes!

M.A. was battling AC at the USGP while Townley was out front making them both look stupid! Look where M.A. finished today , or even the last round......that's right about where A.C. would be finishing as well.....maybe slightly better.

And even though you two bozo's won't swallow your pride and admit it.....A.C. would be getting his ass kicked here! NOT by just the Americans , but by the great Riders who travel from all over the world to compete here.

All hail DC for stating the truth!
|
olddude
6/19/2010 9:48pm
No I guess I missed that, but I did catch the GoPro camera ad on the web cast. Verah nice.
PD441
6/19/2010 9:51pm
Dungey, Short and a yet-to-be-determined MX2 rider will walk the dog on the Euros in late September.
plowboy
6/19/2010 9:53pm
I heard that comment...that was my take on it too. Not that American riders are the best but the BEST riders are in America. Olddude...I liked the Malcolm Smith Lucas oil commercial on Speed..."What's left of him".
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
6/19/2010 9:57pm
Take it for what its worth but AC would be top 5 if not on the podium week in and week out if he were here in the states. If you want to get technical here, GP racers have done WAYYYYYY better here than AMA racers have done over there. Fast is fast no matter what side of the pond you are on. Ask Langston, Rattray, Pourcel, Bayle, Decoster, Albertyn, Reed, should I continue?

The Shop

DC
6/19/2010 9:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:28pm
Hold your horses there... Cairoli is a badass and he would find his way up front in any motocross race right now on the planet, battling for the win. But with four guys winning four rounds, from four different countries, it's obvious that we've got a very fast international contingent here too.

There's something wrong with Mike Alessi. He 's still very fast, but he's getting tired, which is something that's never happened to him before. I think he had the flu after Glen Helen and still can't get his strength back up. The tracks have been brutal and he's not had a break since he started racing again.

DC

MX Sports
plowboy
6/19/2010 10:02pm
A bent brake rotor wouldn't help either. Great job today DC.
Rockwell
6/19/2010 10:07pm
Cairoli would battle for the lead in any series he enters. Winners are winners and they find a way to be up front. Overall the fastest guys in the world are in this series. We are very lucky.
jeffro503
6/19/2010 10:09pm
hartebreak wrote:
Take it for what its worth but AC would be top 5 if not on the podium week in and week out if he were here...
Take it for what its worth but AC would be top 5 if not on the podium week in and week out if he were here in the states. If you want to get technical here, GP racers have done WAYYYYYY better here than AMA racers have done over there. Fast is fast no matter what side of the pond you are on. Ask Langston, Rattray, Pourcel, Bayle, Decoster, Albertyn, Reed, should I continue?
Nope...no need....you are correct! The only reason I stated this thread , was because of what DC said in the show.

DC visits here all the time , and he reads a lot of these threads. And sometimes during the broadcasts , I know he throws in little comments about what he read here and on other sites.

Last week there were a couple really good threads pertaining to GP and US National debates. the argument WILL NEVER end , as both series are special in their own way. And even though I love the GP guys , and totally dig that entire series , I still think the fastest guys on the planet race HERE in the states. NOT just Americans......but ALL the riders from around the world who compete here.

And I gotta say...I root for Townley , Langston. CP , Rattray , Reed , Metcalf .......all of em!

Back to what i originally said.......It was directed towards "Team Euro" and McCread" who blindly come in here and slam on the US races ( nationals and SX ).

I guess also you missed the post where Team Euro stated that he was by far a "Superior human being " compared to anyone else on this board who resides in America........The guy is a fuggin' Douche' bag!

Even though McCread has his opinions , he sticks up for his fellow country men , and keeps the low blow cheap shots to a minimum. I can respect that.
DC
6/19/2010 10:11pm
Plowboy, no idea that was what was wrong with Mike in the second moto; we were in the booth and had no runner, not that anyone would have picked that up.... Still, he told me that he's been hurting since GH because he kind of overdid it that weekend. He said it on the air after moto one too. He came back from almost a year done and hit it hard with Hangtown, Glen Helen and then Texas, and apparently had the flu too. That's a lot of a man's body, even someone in as good a shape as #800.

DC
MX Sports
jeffro503
6/19/2010 10:14pm
DC wrote:
Hold your horses there... Cairoli is a badass and he would find his way up front in any motocross race right now on the planet, battling...
Hold your horses there... Cairoli is a badass and he would find his way up front in any motocross race right now on the planet, battling for the win. But with four guys winning four rounds, from four different countries, it's obvious that we've got a very fast international contingent here too.

There's something wrong with Mike Alessi. He 's still very fast, but he's getting tired, which is something that's never happened to him before. I think he had the flu after Glen Helen and still can't get his strength back up. The tracks have been brutal and he's not had a break since he started racing again.

DC

MX Sports
Well.......that may be the case to Davi. But besides just that....Besides that one moto at hang town , Mike hasn't really had the pace some of these other guys have had.

Also.......Look at what Townley did to both M.A. and A.C. at that USGP......domination in that second moto. He took 3rd today in that second moto behind Reed and Dungey......

You think A.C. would of beaten Townley or Reed today? After the ass kicking Townley gave him at the USGP?

How?
plowboy
6/19/2010 10:15pm
Yeah...we heard about him being sick. When it knocks you down for this long I kinda figured it was mono. A lot of the riders get a dose of that virus when they really overexert themselves. He'll be back...he doesn't know how not to.
DC
6/19/2010 10:25pm
I just hate counting a guy out when he wasn't event there. This whole AMA-vs.-FIM thing is a useless exercise whenever people discount the one race they do get together, which is the MXoN, where it all counts the same for everyone. If Cairoli were racing this series, he would find a way to the front, just as Dungey would there. And look at Pourcel and Rattray, up front now and riding well... It's a deep field and a lot of very fast guys. Tony Cairoli would feel right at home here. Bench racing in the internet age has become more aggressive than real racing, and it's kind of a moot point until someone actually lines up together, so why make it so serious?

I would love to see Tony here, but we we will have to settle for Marvin Musquin, and of course Christophe, Tyla, BT101, Langston, Tommy Searle, #1 Reed, etc.

DC
MX Sports
Cigaro
6/19/2010 10:32pm
USA has majority of the fastest guys in the world. We love it. Our doors always open for fast foreigners who want to prove themselves. And thats what makes the AMA Outdoors the best series in the world.

Give me your tired, your poor and your fastest native sons.

God Bless America!!!!
jeffro503
6/19/2010 11:02pm
DC wrote:
I just hate counting a guy out when he wasn't event there. This whole AMA-vs.-FIM thing is a useless exercise whenever people discount the one race...
I just hate counting a guy out when he wasn't event there. This whole AMA-vs.-FIM thing is a useless exercise whenever people discount the one race they do get together, which is the MXoN, where it all counts the same for everyone. If Cairoli were racing this series, he would find a way to the front, just as Dungey would there. And look at Pourcel and Rattray, up front now and riding well... It's a deep field and a lot of very fast guys. Tony Cairoli would feel right at home here. Bench racing in the internet age has become more aggressive than real racing, and it's kind of a moot point until someone actually lines up together, so why make it so serious?

I would love to see Tony here, but we we will have to settle for Marvin Musquin, and of course Christophe, Tyla, BT101, Langston, Tommy Searle, #1 Reed, etc.

DC
MX Sports
Well....Alright I can agree with that. I'd like to see A.C. here racing as well.

Two things though D.C........

I know and "you" know the MXoN race counts.......try explaining that to the other guys here on this board ( mostly guys across the pond ) that it really means something. I'm sure if they actually won it....we would never hear the end of it!

#2.......Like I stated in an earlier post here in this thread , "team Euro" said he had a national two digit number here in our National series and raced the GP's. He made a statement last night that stuck in my graw! He mentioned that he was far superior to anyone on this board and pretty much any American rider.....which honestly I laughed at.

My sole attempt at this thread was to get him to STFU!
DC
6/19/2010 11:37pm
Well let's find out exactly who Team Euro is.... Or isn't.

Greg Albertin way too smart and way too cool.
Seabastien Tortelli = class act
David Vuillemin way above such nonsense, on or off the track
Stephane Roncada? Too busy taking over the virtual gaming world
Grant Langston? Just asked him and he laughed out loud
JMB is God (or at least Eric Clapton)
Rodrig Thain is too busy with his bustling enduro career (same with Johnny Aubin)
James Dobb is Monster Europe/WMG man and way too cool
Tallon Vohland was actually from NorCal and above all this
Jay Perkins and Bobby Meyers were Team USA 2001 until that fell through
the Aussies and Kiwis are top shelf through and through...
Jeff Leisk had more success in Europe than here but he was a badass for leading the way...
Rupert X. Pellett was born in Beiruit but he is as Ohio as Woody Hayes or any dead President...,
And I doubt it's Akira Narita. Or Tania Satchwell.

I think it's Mitch Kumpstein.

And my sixxer of Stella is drained, so happy father 's day all. Thanks and see you at the races.
DC
MX Sports

DC
MX Sports
DanDunes818
6/20/2010 12:52am
hartebreak wrote:
Take it for what its worth but AC would be top 5 if not on the podium week in and week out if he were here...
Hartebreak it's a bit different ..lol It's a wee bit different what we send to what they send. 99% of the GP racers that come here are World Champions. 0% of what we send to the GP's are AMA champions. In fact it's quite the opposite. 99% of the AMA racers that go to the GP's go there because they can't find a sponsor in the ama.
teggers
6/20/2010 1:38am
DC, Such a sharp knife. Well done.
robkinuk
6/20/2010 3:55am
DC wrote:
I just hate counting a guy out when he wasn't event there. This whole AMA-vs.-FIM thing is a useless exercise whenever people discount the one race...

DC
MX Sports
Amen!
Highsider
6/20/2010 4:53am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2010 4:54am
motogrady wrote:
[img]https://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/10910149/sn/262279131/name/2010_05192010TuesdayHighpoint0136.jpg[/img]
Funny stuff! ...and not a bad idea.
txmxer
6/20/2010 5:15am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:29pm
DC wrote:
Well let's find out exactly who Team Euro is.... Or isn't. Greg Albertin way too smart and way too cool. Seabastien Tortelli = class act David...
Well let's find out exactly who Team Euro is.... Or isn't.

Greg Albertin way too smart and way too cool.
Seabastien Tortelli = class act
David Vuillemin way above such nonsense, on or off the track
Stephane Roncada? Too busy taking over the virtual gaming world
Grant Langston? Just asked him and he laughed out loud
JMB is God (or at least Eric Clapton)
Rodrig Thain is too busy with his bustling enduro career (same with Johnny Aubin)
James Dobb is Monster Europe/WMG man and way too cool
Tallon Vohland was actually from NorCal and above all this
Jay Perkins and Bobby Meyers were Team USA 2001 until that fell through
the Aussies and Kiwis are top shelf through and through...
Jeff Leisk had more success in Europe than here but he was a badass for leading the way...
Rupert X. Pellett was born in Beiruit but he is as Ohio as Woody Hayes or any dead President...,
And I doubt it's Akira Narita. Or Tania Satchwell.

I think it's Mitch Kumpstein.

And my sixxer of Stella is drained, so happy father 's day all. Thanks and see you at the races.
DC
MX Sports

DC
MX Sports

Stella...STELLA!

TerryK
6/20/2010 5:25am
On this whole "us vs. them issue" all I can say is:

WHO FUCKING CARES?????????????????

The racing is what matters. It dosen't matter where a rider is from, what he's riding or what kind of dog he has, great racing is great racing so what's the problem? It's great that people are patriotic about riders from thier own country and it's fun to poke fun at each other sometimes, but all this seriousness about one country being better than another is absolutely rediculous, silly and very tiring.

Get over yourselves and enjoy some of the best racing the world has seen in many years,,,,one both sides of the pond.

DC: well done brother!
mc101
6/20/2010 7:43am
Good job DC, I always liked your announcing and I liked your comment about Erin ( she can drop Licorice in front of my starting gate anytime) lol
txmxer
6/20/2010 7:47am
TerryK wrote:
On this whole "us vs. them issue" all I can say is: WHO FUCKING CARES????????????????? The racing is what matters. It dosen't matter where a rider...

The racing is what matters. It dosen't matter where a rider is from, what he's riding or what kind of dog he has, great racing is great racing so what's the problem? It's great that people are patriotic about riders from thier own country and it's fun to poke fun at each other sometimes, but all this seriousness about one country being better than another is absolutely rediculous, silly and very tiring.

Get over yourselves and enjoy some of the best racing the world has seen in many years,,,,one both sides of the pond.

Damn straight. Got the GP's and the Canadian races on my sat TV now. It's awesome! ALL MX all the time.
JW381
6/20/2010 8:13am
DC: What was up with the comment about Tomac going back to playing video games? LOL

Just playin' it was cool to hear ya on the show. Keep at it!
DC
6/20/2010 8:19am
Tomac said his dad told him for the first time in his life "to just go play videogames" and rest lastvweek. I thought it was funny and was riffing on it. I really thnk he had severe heat dehydration in Texas and hasn't gotten over it. When he does, with the starts he gets, look out...

DC
MX Sports
JW381
6/20/2010 8:21am
I hadn't heard that, but I figured you knew what was up. Me and my dad were laughing pretty hard.

Tomac will definitely be a force in the very near future. It's funny that they ended up googling heat exhaustion.
Sunhouse
6/20/2010 8:46am
TerryK wrote:
On this whole "us vs. them issue" all I can say is: WHO FUCKING CARES????????????????? The racing is what matters. It dosen't matter where a rider...

I think that is the whole issue. If the racing is so great, why arent americns watching it?
That´s when someone replies "because they don´t like amateur racing", and GAME ON!

hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
6/20/2010 8:57am
hartebreak wrote:
Hartebreak it's a bit different ..lol It's a wee bit different what we send to what they send. 99% of the GP racers that come here...
Hartebreak it's a bit different ..lol It's a wee bit different what we send to what they send. 99% of the GP racers that come here are World Champions. 0% of what we send to the GP's are AMA champions. In fact it's quite the opposite. 99% of the AMA racers that go to the GP's go there because they can't find a sponsor in the ama.
haha, very true

Post a reply to: Did you catch DC's little comment?

The Latest