Did the meetings happen?

tek14
5/11/2020 10:44am
What about meeting?

Test on private hospital costs 200 dollars here and public side its free.
5/11/2020 1:07pm
It's not $4400 If it's paid by the government or insurance. The discount is huge
731chopper wrote:
The government or insurance paying all of a portion still doesn’t justify the price though, does it?
Neither does 15 government workers doing a job meant for 1.
kkawboy14
5/12/2020 3:31am
TbonesPop wrote:
The challenge with arguing about this data is we don't accurately know the denominator. Doctors are being pressured to code stuff as Covid related due to...
The challenge with arguing about this data is we don't accurately know the denominator. Doctors are being pressured to code stuff as Covid related due to $$ associated with it, which also effects the numerator. So % of deaths along with how deaths are being coded is highly suspect at this point as both data points are likely inaccurate.

The statistics I'm paying the closest attention to are the number of Covid 19 hospitalizations per 100,000 people in the population compared to the amount of seasonal flu hospitalizations per 100,000 people. The media isn't discussing this much because its not going to get the eyeballs that "death toll" will get. Remember, "if it bleeds it leads". I like looking at the % hospitalizations with Covid 19 compared to 100,000 people in the population because you have a clearly defined denominator and you have a defined numerator in that the cases have tested positive for Covid 19 and are in the hospital. It's harder to skew this data.

Currently, the cumulative hospitalization rate of Covid 19 per 100,000 people is 50.3 people per 100,000 people.

The 2019-2020 hospitalization rate for season flu and pneumonia per 100,000 people is 69.2 people per 100,000.

All of the above data is straight from the CDC. The seasonal flu time period technically ended May 1 (7 month season), but the seasonal ramp up of hospitalizations starts usually around December 1 (or ~5 months ago). We're 4-5 months into the Covid 19, which I would say is about 1 month behind the season flu ramp up for hospitalizations. About 4 weeks ago, the seasonal flu hospitalization rate was still above 60 people per 100,000. Seems to me the severity of both are very similar.

I fully understand that the virus is very different that the flu in how it impacts the body. Of note, the majority of flu cases this year are of the H1N1 strain (swine flu).
tjnel wrote:
Do you know if pneumonia hospitalizations are included in the seasonal flu number? Wouldn’t change things much but it might not be quite as apples to...
Do you know if pneumonia hospitalizations are included in the seasonal flu number? Wouldn’t change things much but it might not be quite as apples to apples a comparison as you think. From what I understand the reported numbers of seasonal flu cases annually combine both influenza and pneumonia. Only seen that in one place so not sure if true, but it might be.
Viral flu’s can turn into bacterial pneumonia
mb60
5/12/2020 6:13am
So who thinks if nothing is announced by Friday this is not happening ?

The Shop

Post a reply to: Did the meetings happen?

The Latest