Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2019 6:43 AM

|

11/28/2019 6:47 AM

I'm sure it's a typow00t

|

11/28/2019 7:06 AM

A person here in ca tried selling a 05 banshee for 10 grand 2 weeks ago on offer up.

|

11/28/2019 7:12 AM

Ok, how much would someone ACTUALLy pay for that? I can almost understand the 07 CR for big bucks still in the crate, since it was the last model of it's kind, but is just an average bike with different colored plastics. Pics taken on the side stand in a poorly lit garage while asking huge money. I could almost see someone paying 5 grand a piece... almost.

|

11/28/2019 7:24 AM

What’s funny is when I got my 250f and 450 for the year back then, I hated the yellow plastics and the first thing I did was take them off.

Those could have been worth thousands apparently lol

|

11/28/2019 7:25 AM

davis224 wrote:

Ok, how much would someone ACTUALLy pay for that? I can almost understand the 07 CR for big bucks still in the crate, since it was the last model of it's kind, but is just an average bike with different colored plastics. Pics taken on the side stand in a poorly lit garage while asking huge money. I could almost see someone paying 5 grand a piece... almost.

'06 YZ450? I'll give you $2100.00...

|

11/28/2019 7:51 AM

coastlinecascot wrote:

A person here in ca tried selling a 05 banshee for 10 grand 2 weeks ago on offer up.

Those have too many wheels anyway

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

11/28/2019 8:07 AM

Some things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

11/28/2019 8:39 AM

How about a $9k 2003 YZ250? Sick graphics, bro!
https://offerup.com/item/detail/765110199/

|

11/28/2019 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2019 9:11 AM

Any mx bike that old that has never been ridden is pretty cool to me....If I had money to burn I’d pick them up myself..

Id pay $6000 to $7000 for both. Unfortunately mx bikes are not worthwhile investments (except for a handful of rare bikes)...ridden or not ridden.

Hopefully whoever buys them never rides them and keeps them perfect.

|

11/28/2019 9:17 AM

Kyle978 wrote:

What’s funny is when I got my 250f and 450 for the year back then, I hated the yellow plastics and the first thing I did was take them off.

That is blasphemy, sir. Yellow and black Yamahas were bestowed upon this earth by the hand of God himself!
Don’t believe me? Look it up, it’s in the Bible.

|

11/28/2019 9:22 AM

davis224 wrote:

slipdog wrote:

'06 YZ450? I'll give you $2100.00...

Yea maybe a little more. 06 was a god year for the 450 I think it came with a ti spring and was like the weight of a ktm now days before the fat boy days of efi and e-start.
also the kyb was good back then

|

11/28/2019 9:25 AM

He says the 450 has never been started. As someone who has been to the Yamaha factory in Hamamatsu, I guarantee this is false. The final stop on the assembly line involves putting the back tire on a dyno style drum them starting the bike and holding it wide open while shifting through all the gears to make sure everything was assembled properly. That’s why I get a chuckle out of hearing about riders and their careful break in process.

|

11/28/2019 9:29 AM

|

11/28/2019 9:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2019 9:32 AM

Never-started and zero mile NOS motorcycles are a very niche collectable. There's a market out there for those. I knew a guy with a room full of never-started and zero mile Japanese street bikes of various makes and years. He gets off on collecting bikes that have never been started and/or seen the road.

|

11/28/2019 10:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2019 12:04 PM

davis224 wrote:

You would be surprised what someone will pay for something they really want. Nostalgia is a pretty strong feeling and a lot of people will spend the money later on in life when they are established and can afford to buy things they couldn't when they were younger so things are worth what ever someone will pay. When I was 16 I loved the 1970s Dodge challengers but could not afford to buy one even though the gas crunch was in full swing in the late 70s but now I will pay big $ for them when the right one go's up for sale and have had several. I also bid 10K on a ridden once 1978 CR250R and got out bid. sad Spent way to much on Marx action figures from the 60s and 70s too, for no other reason than I wanted them because I only had a few when I was a kid.wink I love switchbaldes and have spent big money on some of my collection for no other reason than I though they were cool when I was younger and could never get my hands on one.

|

Ed Johnson

11/28/2019 10:23 AM

Wel, at-least they look like proper Yamahas.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/28/2019 10:23 AM

Kyle978 wrote:

So why did you buy the yellow ones ? They didn't just come in yellow.

|

Ed Johnson

11/28/2019 10:25 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Damn straight brotherman!

|

Ed Johnson

11/28/2019 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2019 10:33 AM

I bid 10K on this one and thought for sure I would get it. sad it sold for 12K I would have bid more if I had know, and that was about 15 years ago.

|

Ed Johnson

11/28/2019 11:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2019 11:06 AM

Is the Elsinore never started or is it restored? I have the same bike in near perfect condition - if the offer is right I might sell...

|

11/28/2019 11:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2019 11:37 AM

WEAL wrote:

Is the Elsinore never started or is it restored? I have the same bike in near perfect condition - if the offer is right I might sell...

If I remember it had been ridden a couple of times is all by a guy who thought he wanted to start racing. Scared him so he didn't ride it any more. devil I cant remember if it was a 78 or 79 It might have been a 78 because it didnt have claw action tires, but it was a long time ago so I dont remember all the details except I was bummed I didn't win the auction.

|

Ed Johnson

11/28/2019 12:33 PM

Kyle978 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

They weren’t exactly limited editions at the time. It seemed most dealers had just as many yellow as blue. I got some of the first that came through my area and mine happened to be yellow.

That 06-09 Yamaha platform brings back some good memories to me, and I think was one of the best overall bikes of all time with the solid handling frame, KYB Stuff at the time and they were absolutely bulletproof (other than a few of the first 250f batches with valve issues)

|

11/28/2019 12:58 PM

WEAL wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

If I remember it had been ridden a couple of times is all by a guy who thought he wanted to start racing. Scared him so he didn't ride it any more. devil I cant remember if it was a 78 or 79 It might have been a 78 because it didnt have claw action tires, but it was a long time ago so I dont remember all the details except I was bummed I didn't win the auction.

Didn’t the ‘79 have the goofy 23” front?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/28/2019 2:07 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Damn straight brotherman!

I search on the daily for those graphics/plastic.

The 06 450 is supposed to have the best factory ignition for that generation, highly regarded bike. Just sayin.

|

11/28/2019 2:18 PM

WEAL wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Didn’t the ‘79 have the goofy 23” front?

I know in 79 the 125 had the 23" front wheel but I don't think the 250 did but they both had the garbage claw action tires. I am sure but someone here will remember.

|

Ed Johnson

11/28/2019 2:46 PM

Kyle978 wrote:

face biter wrote:

That is blasphemy, sir. Yellow and black Yamahas were bestowed upon this earth by the hand of God himself!
Don’t believe me? Look it up, it’s in the Bible.

Can confirm. It says so right there in II Parentheses

|

11/28/2019 3:07 PM

They were nice bikes. $6k out the door that year.

|

11/28/2019 6:04 PM

Only the '79 CR125 came with the 23" wheel...

|

11/28/2019 6:12 PM

Kyle978 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Kyle978 wrote:

They weren’t exactly limited editions at the time. It seemed most dealers had just as many yellow as blue. I got some of the first that came through my area and mine happened to be yellow.

That 06-09 Yamaha platform brings back some good memories to me, and I think was one of the best overall bikes of all time with the solid handling frame, KYB Stuff at the time and they were absolutely bulletproof (other than a few of the first 250f batches with valve issues)

I have a 09 YZ450 with 5 original hours. Pretty happy I bought it. Not quite $9,000...lol
Picked it up about 13 months ago. Just started buying parts to build her up.
Although she does have the same exact engine J-Law raced to 2nd at Daytona in 2009. So in that aspect she’s perfect...

ghost

|