Did pourcel get dqed ?

lestat
Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 11:48pm
He was puking and could not make the podiumed and got a dq ?? Is that true ?
|
mx617
7/23/2017 8:24pm
@directmx on twitter said he got dropped to 6th after being protested. Then matthes chimed in and said something about a DQ, and also something about helmet kicking and whatnot.

Haven't seen anything more official thM that
agn5009
7/23/2017 8:26pm
I think he lost 7 points rather than dq. I don't really understand it. I mean, I get that the bike has to go to impound and that's fine. But why didn't they just take the bike to impound and allow christophe to get medical attention or whatever he needed? Or did his bike go to impound and he just wasn't there and was penalized? I would like to hear what happened.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/23/2017 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 9:08pm
agn5009 wrote:
I think he lost 7 points rather than dq. I don't really understand it. I mean, I get that the bike has to go to impound...
I think he lost 7 points rather than dq. I don't really understand it. I mean, I get that the bike has to go to impound and that's fine. But why didn't they just take the bike to impound and allow christophe to get medical attention or whatever he needed? Or did his bike go to impound and he just wasn't there and was penalized? I would like to hear what happened.
CMRC rule book states that the top 3 in each moto need to go to the impound lot for 15 minutes directly after the moto's in case of protest and that if a rider doesn't show it's an automatic disqualification.

In the case of Christophe they decided to dock him a few spots instead of disqualifying him so he lost a total of 7 points as oppose to the 27 points he earned in that 2nd moto.

In my opinion he got lucky that the rules were not enforced after being protested.

Yes he was sick and wasn't feeling well after the moto but unfortunately rules are rules. Why weren't the rules enforced to the point of a DQ that I couldn't tell you. I'm sure Pourcel is not thrilled about the call but he should be thankful he only lost 7 points and not 27 points.

There's still 3 races left so with 6 moto's to go he still has a shot at the title. Had he been DQ'ed like the rules state then forget it his title hopes would of been over.

Next 3 races should be good.

Edit: Forgot to add that both rider and bike need to be at the impound lot. Leaving the bike with the mechanic still wouldn't have changed a thing.
Hut
7/23/2017 9:08pm
He was sick and didn't go sit in impound for 15 minutes? if that is his major violation that is an asinine rule! lol

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/23/2017 9:40pm
Hut wrote:
He was sick and didn't go sit in impound for 15 minutes? if that is his major violation that is an asinine rule! lol
He broke the impound rule. Sick or not, like I mentioned unfortunately rules are rules.

He got protested because he didn't follow the rules. 7 points loss when it's suppose to be an automatic DQ I say they were generous.

He's still in the hunt for the title.
Swann
7/23/2017 9:55pm
I want to know about the helmet kicking! That sounds way more Pourcely than post-race puking.
agn5009
7/23/2017 10:20pm
Hut wrote:
Yeah, it is such bull shit. What would happen if a situation like Anderson had last year at the mxdn took place? Gets landed on after the finish or crashes at the finish and gets taken off by emergency personnel? Would he be docked? It's a stupid rule that needs to have exceptions.

I understand the bike thing. But if a rider is unable to make the impound for medical reasons then that should be fine.
tek14
7/23/2017 10:25pm
Rule is just bad joke... how low can you go to protest sick rider? Luckily MXGP doesnt have that otherway there been some dead people at Italian GP after heat problems...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/23/2017 10:46pm
Hut wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Yeah, it is such bull shit. What would happen if a situation like Anderson had last year at the mxdn took place? Gets landed on after...
Yeah, it is such bull shit. What would happen if a situation like Anderson had last year at the mxdn took place? Gets landed on after the finish or crashes at the finish and gets taken off by emergency personnel? Would he be docked? It's a stupid rule that needs to have exceptions.

I understand the bike thing. But if a rider is unable to make the impound for medical reasons then that should be fine.
There's a difference between a serious injury that requires immediate emergency care and a stomach virus where one simply throws up.

I'm pretty sure he could of waited 15 minutes while sitting in the shade with a water bottle. Sure he would of felt uncomfortable for those 15 minutes but I doubt whatever his issue was is life threatening. Besides that medics on site could of checked him out in the impound zone.

If you were sick wouldn't you be able to relax for 15 minutes while being checked out? I know that personally for me it takes a lot before I need to go and get checked out but everyone is diffetent.

If he did indeed kick his helmet he was probably not happy with himself and said fuck it I'm retreating back to the truck because I want to be left alone. We all have those moments.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/23/2017 10:55pm
tek14 wrote:
Rule is just bad joke... how low can you go to protest sick rider? Luckily MXGP doesnt have that otherway there been some dead people at...
Rule is just bad joke... how low can you go to protest sick rider? Luckily MXGP doesnt have that otherway there been some dead people at Italian GP after heat problems...
Pretty sure every series has an impound rule. They have them for a reason. In this case it's mandatory to go to the impound zone after each moto if you podium.

As far as protesting a sick rider well that's a bit low. I'm sure whoever protested Pourcel wouldn't be happy with the call if the roles were reversed.

In the end they didn't enforce the rules so he wasn't disqualified. It could of been worse for him.

I'm sure the fact that the rules were not enforced to the maximum will be an issue with some people. Can't make everyone happy.
Sodipop
7/23/2017 10:59pm
He didn't know he made the podium and said nobody directed him there. He did an interview with direct motocross. Didn't like the track at all
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/23/2017 11:08pm
Personally I think him saying he didn't know he made the podium is bullshit. With the start he had he knew full well he was on the podium in that second moto. Not to mention his mechanic has a pit board.

Next 6 moto's will be good but he'll have to win some of them if he wants the championship.
Sodipop
7/23/2017 11:14pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Personally I think him saying he didn't know he made the podium is bullshit. With the start he had he knew full well he was on...
Personally I think him saying he didn't know he made the podium is bullshit. With the start he had he knew full well he was on the podium in that second moto. Not to mention his mechanic has a pit board.

Next 6 moto's will be good but he'll have to win some of them if he wants the championship.
Personally I think the series has questionable rules and rule enforcement. He thought Alessi edged him out.
7/24/2017 1:26am
Swann wrote:
I want to know about the helmet kicking! That sounds way more Pourcely than post-race puking.
Ha, a good typical Pourcel story just like in the old days...
He's baaaaack!!!
Woohoo
7/24/2017 1:28am
Sodipop wrote:
He didn't know he made the podium and said nobody directed him there. He did an interview with direct motocross. Didn't like the track at all
Unpleasant Valley?
Wink
7/24/2017 2:27am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 2:28am
Swann wrote:
Reading Matthes twitter on this subject Laughing
RG1
7/24/2017 2:36am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 2:37am
Swann wrote:
I like Matthes but he isn't exactly an impartial voice in any subject concerning Pourcel
7/24/2017 2:58am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 3:10am
Swann wrote:
RG1 wrote:
I like Matthes but he isn't exactly an impartial voice in any subject concerning Pourcel
Him being unfiltered and telling it like it is doesn't count as unfair. Unless you're one of those that think he should get a free pass due to a previous circumstance
. I commend the guy for informing us on what goes on behind the scenes.
RG1
7/24/2017 3:06am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 3:07am
RG1 wrote:
Him being unfiltered and telling it like it is doesn't count as unfair. Unless you're one of those that think he should get a free pass...
Him being unfiltered and telling it like it is doesn't count as unfair. Unless you're one of those that think he should get a free pass due to a previous circumstance
. I commend the guy for informing us on what goes on behind the scenes.
As I said, I like Matthes. I listen to all his shows and I think what he does is great for the sport. I'm not suggesting that Pourcel should get a free pass, but there are two sides to every story and Matthes in the past has shown that he is not really a fan of Pourcel. Now that may be completely justified, but I'm just saying that I don't think he has a completely unbiased opinion in this case
Casting
7/24/2017 3:10am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 3:11am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There's a difference between a serious injury that requires immediate emergency care and a stomach virus where one simply throws up. I'm pretty sure he could...
There's a difference between a serious injury that requires immediate emergency care and a stomach virus where one simply throws up.

I'm pretty sure he could of waited 15 minutes while sitting in the shade with a water bottle. Sure he would of felt uncomfortable for those 15 minutes but I doubt whatever his issue was is life threatening. Besides that medics on site could of checked him out in the impound zone.

If you were sick wouldn't you be able to relax for 15 minutes while being checked out? I know that personally for me it takes a lot before I need to go and get checked out but everyone is diffetent.

If he did indeed kick his helmet he was probably not happy with himself and said fuck it I'm retreating back to the truck because I want to be left alone. We all have those moments.
Are you a doctor? Did you evaluate CP after the race? If not, your opinion on his health means jack shit. The rule is idiotic. Riders health should come before everything else. No riders, no race.
Crush
7/24/2017 4:01am
That is one of the dumbest fucking rules i've heard of in MX, and it is a sport filled to the brim with dumb fucking rules.
MXMattii
7/24/2017 6:32am
Swann wrote:
RG1 wrote:
It becomes time that CP377 just sues Matthes. What he's doing isn't journalism but mudslinging.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
7/24/2017 6:54am
That is really fuckin stupid. People have died from heat stroke riding motocross, that might not be apparent that it is a "serious ailment" like a bone sticking out or bleeding everywhere.
IWreckALot
7/24/2017 7:21am
Sometimes some common sense needs to override the "rules". If I were Pourcel, I next time I would have just gone and puked in the impound. And when they asked why the hell he was puking there, I'd say "rules are rules".

Race Director: Hey guys, where is Christoph Pourcel?

Team: He's in the truck puking.

Race Director: Well, he should have done that in the impound.

Tuna
7/24/2017 7:24am
RG1 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
It becomes time that CP377 just sues Matthes. What he's doing isn't journalism but mudslinging.
Fuck I almost spit out my drink.
Sue Matthes? That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard.
Tuna
7/24/2017 7:26am
Rules are rules, you don't like the rules of the series? Don't race.
PV whipped Pourcels ass. That track has so much cow shit mixed into it no wonder he was sick lol. Don't wanna take a header into that soil.
Moto520
7/24/2017 7:28am
stupid rule. There should be exceptions
Tuna
7/24/2017 7:29am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There's a difference between a serious injury that requires immediate emergency care and a stomach virus where one simply throws up. I'm pretty sure he could...

Casting wrote:
Are you a doctor? Did you evaluate CP after the race? If not, your opinion on his health means jack shit. The rule is idiotic. Riders...
Are you a doctor? Did you evaluate CP after the race? If not, your opinion on his health means jack shit. The rule is idiotic. Riders health should come before everything else. No riders, no race.
Are you stupid? You think AMA or FIM care about riders health? You ever take a look at the flagger situation on a track or the track set up?
Tuna
7/24/2017 7:32am
Moto520 wrote:
stupid rule. There should be exceptions
Pourcels team should have dealt with it, just like someone from his team should have made sure he was in a podium position.
Sorry but CP is throwing out some weak ass excuses. He's on a Factory team, not some Rinky dink weekend warrior.
yz133rider
7/24/2017 7:34am
Maverick is so pro Canadian Nat's and so anti cp it's a little much. Mav honestly won't admit that to cp racing this season isn't the same cp of old. Cp is a world class talent, can set the fastest time on any track with any riders present, sx or Mx.

It's obvious he is not completely fit and healthy and if he loses the title mav will go on and tell us how competitive and fast the Canadian guys are because even cp couldn't win it.

Ugh. Yes a sick, not recovered from injury Cp getting penalized for dumb rules just like alessi in the past May not win it.

Post a reply to: Did pourcel get dqed ?

The Latest