Did a face plant yesterday...

DrSweden
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:51pm
The face of the jump was slippery (double jump) so I hi-sided and landed short ending in me landing pretty hard on shoulder and head. Heard some scary sound on impact like things are breaking, but I figure it's the helmet impact on the sand that makes that noise.

I was lying there for some seconds wondering if I was ok, lost some air but realized I was ok. Felt something in the neck and shoulder and maybe head (if I do any funny posting, let me know Smile but nothing major. Bike was all twisted, plastic broke etc. Went into the pit fixed the bike at least I put the handlebar, clamp back straight and went back out and cleared that sucker (double jump). I don't want to leave the track or jump with bad memories.

This was not at high speed (thrid gear 8000 rpm?) so maybe rather safe, but it feels good to have a Leatt, Shoei vfx-w with that impressive soft visor that bends so easy so the helmet will not dig and stay plus that body armor (the shoulder cup is scratched now) that makes me look beefy as well.

The message? It's fun, but it's a dangerous hobby/sport we do, so at least buy good gear.
|
Cygnus
7/26/2010 7:31am
Glad to hear you are alright. Are you coming to the MXDN?
Highsider
7/26/2010 7:55am
Cygnus wrote:
Glad to hear you are alright. Are you coming to the MXDN?
I hope he is..always fun to meet moto board 'characters'Tongue

Doc- glad you went back out and landed that sucker!
DrSweden
7/26/2010 8:06am
Tnx guys. I haven't got this sanctioned by the wife yet, but almost all nerve cells in my brain have the mxDn in focus, so things looks good and wife have been very supportive during the years! So it should not be a problem!!!

Would cool to meet you guys.

You guys going to the wick? I'm!
peelout719
7/26/2010 8:08am
i had a weird wreck on saturday, my shoulder and hip are still sore.

funny thing is it wasn't even that bad of a wreck, but all my force went into my shoulder and hip.

The Shop

adamdf
7/26/2010 8:13am
DrSweden wrote:
The face of the jump was slippery (double jump) so I hi-sided and landed short ending in me landing pretty hard on shoulder and head. Heard...
The face of the jump was slippery (double jump) so I hi-sided and landed short ending in me landing pretty hard on shoulder and head. Heard some scary sound on impact like things are breaking, but I figure it's the helmet impact on the sand that makes that noise.

I was lying there for some seconds wondering if I was ok, lost some air but realized I was ok. Felt something in the neck and shoulder and maybe head (if I do any funny posting, let me know Smile but nothing major. Bike was all twisted, plastic broke etc. Went into the pit fixed the bike at least I put the handlebar, clamp back straight and went back out and cleared that sucker (double jump). I don't want to leave the track or jump with bad memories.

This was not at high speed (thrid gear 8000 rpm?) so maybe rather safe, but it feels good to have a Leatt, Shoei vfx-w with that impressive soft visor that bends so easy so the helmet will not dig and stay plus that body armor (the shoulder cup is scratched now) that makes me look beefy as well.

The message? It's fun, but it's a dangerous hobby/sport we do, so at least buy good gear.
Screw the Leatt, and the Shoi, why weren't you wearing the gopro here camera on the helmet? That would have been entertaining! just kidding man, the shoei helmets are awesome.....having said that though, i have been thinking about getting one of those gopros, they seem cool and the quality looks great...anyone try one?
Cygnus
7/26/2010 8:18am
No nationals for me this year. I am saving up for the MXDN party.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
7/26/2010 8:29am
peelout719 wrote:
i had a weird wreck on saturday, my shoulder and hip are still sore. funny thing is it wasn't even that bad of a wreck, but...

funny thing is it wasn't even that bad of a wreck, but all my force went into my shoulder and hip.
I came up short on a 150 foot triple, then I got landed on and cussed out by a 12 year old.
DrSweden
7/26/2010 8:35am
peelout719 wrote:
i had a weird wreck on saturday, my shoulder and hip are still sore. funny thing is it wasn't even that bad of a wreck, but...

Crash82 wrote:
I came up short on a 150 foot triple, then I got landed on and cussed out by a 12 year old.
Scary shit. I assume even less bad wreck can be damaging...

150 ft!!! That's crazy, I haven't even cleared a 105 ft table yet (not that many to clear though). You are a lucky basturd to be able to even walk...
dedi684
7/26/2010 9:52am
peelout719 wrote:

Crash82 wrote:
DrSweden wrote:
Scary shit. I assume even less bad wreck can be damaging... 150 ft!!! That's crazy, I haven't even cleared a 105 ft table yet (not that...

150 ft!!! That's crazy, I haven't even cleared a 105 ft table yet (not that many to clear though). You are a lucky basturd to be able to even walk...
where you been riding? i was able to clear all the jumps at mx207 except that monster table top and the last one in that series of 3 before the double double.
chrisbuehler
7/26/2010 10:30am
Crash82 wrote:
DrSweden wrote:
Scary shit. I assume even less bad wreck can be damaging... 150 ft!!! That's crazy, I haven't even cleared a 105 ft table yet (not that...

dedi684 wrote:
where you been riding? i was able to clear all the jumps at mx207 except that monster table top and the last one in that series...
where you been riding? i was able to clear all the jumps at mx207 except that monster table top and the last one in that series of 3 before the double double.
The table top at 207 is HUGE! See you at the 'wick Dr. Sweden. Dungey/Bubba showdown!
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
7/26/2010 11:14am
peelout719 wrote:

Crash82 wrote:
DrSweden wrote:

Relax I was on playing reflex.
tiddlermx23
7/26/2010 11:21am
Sounds like a few of us had some trouble staying on the bike this weekend! Mine wasn't my fault, I swear that damn tree ran out onto the hill climb and took me out! And 4 feet from the top just to mess with me! It was too steep and slick to make it the rest of the way up after that so i had to figure skate with the back all the way back to the bottom! Good times!
jndmx
7/26/2010 11:24am
Dang Doc, glad you didn't get too banged up.
BLAHBLAH
7/26/2010 11:27am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 11:27am
My bike almost fell off the stand yesterday when I walked by and bumped it, I saved it though!

To damn hot to ride in nor cal this time a year, call me a pussy but I can't hang when its 100+ outside.
DrSweden
7/26/2010 12:07pm
dedi684 wrote:
where you been riding? i was able to clear all the jumps at mx207 except that monster table top and the last one in that series...
Last one of that series of 3?

Here's Decotis riding that sucker, what time in the video does this obstacle appear?

By the way, tnx for the support guys. Seems we need a gathering at the wick Chris and others!
dedi684
7/26/2010 12:14pm
yes the last one in the series of 3, it would be the next striaght after that double out in the back section. I make it over the first 2, but have yet to clear the 3rd one and still be able to make the double double into the turn.
chrisbuehler
7/26/2010 1:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 1:23pm
dedi684 wrote:
DrSweden wrote:
Last one of that series of 3? Here's Decotis riding that sucker, what time in the video does this obstacle appear? By the way, tnx for...
Last one of that series of 3?

Here's Decotis riding that sucker, what time in the video does this obstacle appear?

By the way, tnx for the support guys. Seems we need a gathering at the wick Chris and others!
Good Lord Decostis is cooking! He's hitting those jumps so fast if he wasn't scrubbing he'd be overjumping them by 25ft. I really hate that one s-corner section around the tires though other than that it's a cool track. Should be about 100deg with 90% humidity at Southwick so we can all sweat our asses off together Doc.
DrSweden
7/26/2010 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 1:55pm
dedi684 wrote:
yes the last one in the series of 3, it would be the next striaght after that double out in the back section. I make it...
yes the last one in the series of 3, it would be the next striaght after that double out in the back section. I make it over the first 2, but have yet to clear the 3rd one and still be able to make the double double into the turn.
Ah! I know which one. You mean the one at 1:20? I hesitated, but after the first practice session and went for it in fourth gear in the upper rpm (not pinned). Landed perfectly. You get some pretty decent air though! It's a wonderful jump once you clear it and especially when you have these double coming after and one manages to clear those as well you feel really guud (how Pourcel would say it)!

Next time!!!

Post a reply to: Did a face plant yesterday...

The Latest