Did Tyler Evans pass away?

jeffro503
9/17/2018 9:31am
FLmxer wrote:
RIP. I have often thought about venting here. I been on this site daily since day 1 Fresh Dirt dial up. Lots of great people still...
RIP. I have often thought about venting here. I been on this site daily since day 1 Fresh Dirt dial up. Lots of great people still here. Everyone thinks I have the perfect life and from the outside it appears so. Went from poorest of poor to really not ever having to work again by mid 30s. Perfect family and nothing but love from everyone. I set my life up pretty awesome I guess with rental properties and market investments. Basically I could play every day if I choose.
One thing I dont have is my health. As a kid my head would spin and nausea would overtake me everytime I ate. Doctors could never figure it out. Said I over exhausted myself because I surfed and rode dirt bikes every day. My family went with that. As an adult i was so used to feeling sea sick daily but it would only last 15 or 20 minutes at a time. No other symptoms. You could hold a conversation with me and never even realizing I was suffering because I could hide it well. As an adult I couldn't take no for an answer and got endoscopic exam and all my intestines were ulcers and just destroyed. They took biopsy of my stomach wall and diagnosed with celiac disease. I went gluten free and been strict for ten years. It helped for awhile but I had built a tolerance but know it is so much worse. For some reason my ulcers returned and have been bleeding out inside for awhile. For the last 2 years I have been just sick every day, no energy and my intestines are so sore and hurt to even bounce on a lawnmower. Everyone I know hates me for my success and the gluten free thing like I am a burden even though chances are I pay for everyone for everything which I don't mind ever as I have been very blessed in that area. My wife is amazing and I hate that she has to deal with me. Just feeling weak as hell lately and feeling like all the things I love to do are basically over and celiac evolves into worse symptoms as you age. No drugs just a puff here or there on occasion. This is the most I have said to anyone so I will most likely delete in a minute like I do. Anyway thanks for listening.
You're definitely one of the good guys on here brother! Don't let anyone else tell you different. And thanks for taking the time to type that up.
mrmoto619
9/17/2018 10:11am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2018 10:13am
True story early 2000's my buddy and I are at Lake Elsinore and someone pulls in next to us in the pits. They were driving an all black lifted truck. Tyler gets out and says whats up. He puts down a flimsy ramp ( because his truck was lifted so high ) it was almost vertical to the ground. I ask him if he needs help and he says no I got this; and proceeded to sit on his bike and roll backwards down the flimsy vertical ramp. My buddy and I were like wholly shit that was bad ass. Never forgot that. RIP Brother.
dimetime
9/17/2018 10:29am
RIP Tyler I’m someone who struggles heavily with depression and anxiety, and from my experience even those who love and care for you find it hard...
RIP Tyler

I’m someone who struggles heavily with depression and anxiety, and from my experience even those who love and care for you find it hard to believe the thoughts you’re acfually having. They either don’t understand or don’t want to. Most don’t want to hear it at all. People only act empathetic AFTER the tragic ending.

I’ve resorted to mostly internalizing it because even my wife doesn’t like to hear about it much.
MXD wrote:
I had a long reply typed out but then I thought better of sharing anything too personal. I'll just say that I totally understand. It's tiring...
I had a long reply typed out but then I thought better of sharing anything too personal. I'll just say that I totally understand. It's tiring. I feel for you dude.

BR8ES wrote:
The struggle is very real, no less valiant than a battle with cancer, etc. Sad to see someone succumb to the relief it provides in their...
The struggle is very real, no less valiant than a battle with cancer, etc. Sad to see someone succumb to the relief it provides in their mind. RIP.
Agreed. And without to much elaboration, l know what you're going through. lt's a daily battle.
smrscott
9/17/2018 10:31am
Overall I liked Tyler and the fact he did his racing his way. However, I think his chip (competitive nature or whatever you want to call it) on his shoulder had very long roots. I met him when he was racing intermediate as a teen and worked for one his sponsors back in the day. I tried to help him several times with tuning his bike and he had that same edge he always had, even as a teen, kind of stand offish, didn't want any help and had had the attitude that earned his his nickname even then. But I remember his dad was fully supporting his racing efforts at the time and a very nice guy, totally different than TE. He was good for the sport at the time and a very competitive racer, very sad to hear stuff like this happens after a racer leaves the sport.
I know for myself that riding, not even racing is the only antidote to staying sane, even though my body is beat up and destroyed from riding.
OP will be remembered

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/17/2018 10:55am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2018 6:19am
Thank you for the kind words. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
I wanted to post this cool story again about seeing Tyler at the us open in Vegas years ago at his peak I would say. We were eating in a sushi place and across the way was a fancy club. 2 really hot hostesses were at the door. Tyler walked up and appeared to be waiting for someone and just said hello to the hostesses. They both just looked away like, who is this nobody very rudely. Right then a huge family walked by and noticed Tyler and apparently they were really big fans and had him sign autographs and take a bunch of pictures and the kids were so excited to meet him and a bunch more fans lined up for pics. The look on those hostesses face was perfect. They became very interested in who this guy was they just snubbed. It was pretty awesome.
FWYT
9/17/2018 11:12am
Man, so sorry to hear this. Take care, Tyler.

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
9/17/2018 11:27am
That's a drag. I had always heard that Tyler was much cooler in person that he was portrayed. RIP.
code108
9/17/2018 12:12pm
Roost In Paradise One Punch
9/17/2018 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2018 4:13pm
RIP One Punch
Can't speak for anybody else but asking for help or just talking about it with a friend is exhausting and seems to conjure up more bad than good most of the time. It keeps it all at the Forefront instead of letting it fade. Paying for real help is very expensive and frustrating because most of the time you end up stopping treatments before any Headway is made. Looking for a different perspective of my situation has helped somewhat. Meaning, there's always someone toughing it out who's got it worse . Believe it or not talking to God has helped more than anything because I know he understands my situation and me like no other. I'm not a bible thumper, haven't been to real Church in 35 years. I hope my kids don't read this.
Roostermx58
9/17/2018 2:02pm
I saw this on Ronnie Faisst IG page

ronniefaisst - As I sat in prayer this morning praying and thinking about Tyler, my heart was weighed down with so much sadness. I’m heartbroken to hear how his life on this earth has ended. Most of you know me and Tyler were really close for a long time. I have so many funny memories of him, things he said, and did. I always remember him calling me up and saying “let’s go to LA” “Let’s hit up Hollywood” He would come swoop me up in his Bentley coupe and all I could see was his big smile through the windshield as he pulled in the driveway of those perfect white teeth he had. Always dressed to impress - new shoes, new hat, freshly shaved head, perfectly waxed eyebrows, sprayed tanned up, rocking a bunch jewelry and diamonds! ?? The dude was hilarious! A kind dude with a good heart, but man did he have a temper sometimes. And when it went, the shirt came off and he was throwing down! That is for sure how he got the nickname “One Punch”. But what was really hitting me this morning was, it is so easy to say “why didn’t he hit me up?” or “why didn’t he reach out to someone?” But what about us reaching out to them? I started thinking about Jesus, and how He went to where the people were! He calls himself the Good Shepherd, who goes after the sheep. He is the one who leaves the 99 to go after the ONE that is lost. We all know people who are facing trials and difficulties. Some feeling alone and fighting depression. Let’s make some phone calls today. Let’s reaffirm these people that they are not alone, that they are loved and we do care. We (the church) are the light of the world and we have been entrusted with the gospel that brings forth life! Share it! ?? #R.I.P. #tylerevans #onepunch #Tezey

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn1PIaIn4aS/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share…
9/17/2018 2:09pm
It's time's like these I wish our country would look at other methods to address these types of issues *sarcasm on* instead of using the tried and true "toughen up buttercup" mentality that took hold and seems to be doing WONDERS to decrease the substance abuse issue here *sarcasm off*. I've read about the Portuguese drug decriminalization model for dealing with substance abuse for years and often wonder what something like that would do to help people here. These people don't need to be stigmatized and made to hide in a dark corner. They need to be approached as normal people who just can't get over something and turn to methods that temporarily take them away from their troubles. It's a never ending cycle that only digs deeper the longer it persists.
moscrop940
9/17/2018 2:22pm
FLmxer wrote:
RIP. I have often thought about venting here. I been on this site daily since day 1 Fresh Dirt dial up. Lots of great people still...
RIP. I have often thought about venting here. I been on this site daily since day 1 Fresh Dirt dial up. Lots of great people still here. Everyone thinks I have the perfect life and from the outside it appears so. Went from poorest of poor to really not ever having to work again by mid 30s. Perfect family and nothing but love from everyone. I set my life up pretty awesome I guess with rental properties and market investments. Basically I could play every day if I choose.
One thing I dont have is my health. As a kid my head would spin and nausea would overtake me everytime I ate. Doctors could never figure it out. Said I over exhausted myself because I surfed and rode dirt bikes every day. My family went with that. As an adult i was so used to feeling sea sick daily but it would only last 15 or 20 minutes at a time. No other symptoms. You could hold a conversation with me and never even realizing I was suffering because I could hide it well. As an adult I couldn't take no for an answer and got endoscopic exam and all my intestines were ulcers and just destroyed. They took biopsy of my stomach wall and diagnosed with celiac disease. I went gluten free and been strict for ten years. It helped for awhile but I had built a tolerance but know it is so much worse. For some reason my ulcers returned and have been bleeding out inside for awhile. For the last 2 years I have been just sick every day, no energy and my intestines are so sore and hurt to even bounce on a lawnmower. Everyone I know hates me for my success and the gluten free thing like I am a burden even though chances are I pay for everyone for everything which I don't mind ever as I have been very blessed in that area. My wife is amazing and I hate that she has to deal with me. Just feeling weak as hell lately and feeling like all the things I love to do are basically over and celiac evolves into worse symptoms as you age. No drugs just a puff here or there on occasion. This is the most I have said to anyone so I will most likely delete in a minute like I do. Anyway thanks for listening.
Don’t

There are a shit ton of people that will be able to relate your pain and find solace through your strength by putting everything out there for us to read.

Reach out to anyone of us at any time

TXDirt
9/17/2018 3:29pm
I hope they test for CTE. I raced against Tyler at all of the Amateur nationals growing up. He was chill and raced hard. When you start racing at a young age and you are pretty good it's inevitable you will suffer from numerous concussions. And these start at a young age when brain is still developing.

RIP.
ns503
9/17/2018 3:36pm
This has been gnawing at me all day since I posted my pic earlier. Our youngest (and in the pic) is away at college and celebrating his 19th birthday today. I messaged him to tell him, his reply was simple and on point - 'that sucks'. Funny about memories of your kids that stick with you years later - they were bouncing from that chance meeting for days after.
jimmie
9/17/2018 3:37pm
Always admired Mr. Evens for his MX skills, and from one bro to another his physique. He indeed had a bad ass build.
RIP brother.
FIREfish148
9/17/2018 4:29pm
I first noticed Evans when he was on the 125s riding the suzuki. He was one of the guys back in the day that made you want to run handgaurds cause he made it look stylish and sleek. Crazy skill set on a bike, Jason Lawrence type talent that could come out and beat some of the best on his own accord. RIP Evans
9/17/2018 5:42pm
FLmxer wrote:
Thank you for the kind words. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I wanted to post this cool story again about seeing Tyler at the us...
Thank you for the kind words. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
I wanted to post this cool story again about seeing Tyler at the us open in Vegas years ago at his peak I would say. We were eating in a sushi place and across the way was a fancy club. 2 really hot hostesses were at the door. Tyler walked up and appeared to be waiting for someone and just said hello to the hostesses. They both just looked away like, who is this nobody very rudely. Right then a huge family walked by and noticed Tyler and apparently they were really big fans and had him sign autographs and take a bunch of pictures and the kids were so excited to meet him and a bunch more fans lined up for pics. The look on those hostesses face was perfect. They became very interested in who this guy was they just snubbed. It was pretty awesome.
Love this story. Great share.

oldblood
9/17/2018 6:12pm
Some of my family was very close with his family when he was starting to ride 80s. They told me to look for him when I raced at hollister, that he was learning fast. I was impressed.
Later on I saw him at a race at Carson City mx.he was on the line with the pro class, it may have been his first pro race. I think he was only 15 so maybe pro am. Coming into the first turn he tangled with another rider Dean possibly, and they went down in a pile. They came up swinging, of course.
Pitted next to him at mammoth in 95 or 96 he was nice, professional and all business.
At the San Diego Supercross in 97 or 98 he was trying to clean a triple in qualifying that 125s were having trouble with. He kept casing it, but wouldn't give up. After several hard landings he started cleaning it every time.

RIP Tyler
wnorton729
Fantasy
1931st
9/17/2018 7:04pm
I remember as a young kid going to supercross with my family and Tyler having the best pit party. Man, he'd throw out all kind of stuff, standing on top of his rig. He had so much charisma to be a guy that really wasn't one top fastest on the track. His personality made up for that, he seemed like such a cool dude with just the right amount of that chippy attitude. RIP One Punch.
brocster
9/17/2018 7:56pm
Followed him from the DeMarini Suzuki days. Pretty sure it was Houston and they wore Troy Lee. Don’t remember if it was a heat, semi, or main but he made a charge to the front, crashed, tore the sleeve off his jersey and arm was bleeding like hell and the must have pissed him off cause he rode like a wild man afterwards and finished up front. Made the podium I think. Godspeed! Wish he could have chose a better path post moto...
Bennett59
9/17/2018 9:58pm
I remember when him and another rider got tangled up and he got up and threw a elbow at the guys head. Could never find the footage again but remember seeing it.
NorCal 50+
9/17/2018 10:49pm
It's shocking- RIP Tyler Evans.. It's truly sad- whatever you thought of the guy's communication style, he was full of life and a bigger badass on a bike than I could ever dream of being.
H4L
9/17/2018 11:16pm
RIP Tyler. My condolences go out to his family & friends.

Growing up as a kid & teenager in some rough neighborhoods I got caught up in drugs so I can relate. Thankfully I had a full recovery in my mid twenties & haven't looked back. Unfortunately I've lost friends & family to addiction with recently a cousin taking his own life a couple of months ago.

To anyone struggling with addiction or depression I highly encourage you to reach out to someone who can help. Don't keep it to yourself as I speak from experience. It changed the outcome of my life & I know it can do the same for anyone seeking for a change. My prayers & thoughts go out to anyone who is in need of help.
Texas Built
9/18/2018 12:31am
Here is a start to the conversation. Demons can be fought by psychedelics. For anyone interested, check out Michael Pollan. He's a credible mainstream author who...
Here is a start to the conversation. Demons can be fought by psychedelics. For anyone interested, check out Michael Pollan. He's a credible mainstream author who has been on Joe Rogan's podcast and wrote a book called "How to Change Your Mind". He started hearing stories of addiction, depression, anxiety, etc. being helped by psychedelic therapy and felt the need to learn more and share, which is where the book came from.

I know this will be downvoted by a bunch of individuals with preconceived notions but I don't care. I care if it helps one person find some forward momentum

Nonsense. Same nonsense spewed from people that say cannibis cures cancer.
tcallahan707
9/18/2018 12:33am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2018 12:33am
Here is a start to the conversation. Demons can be fought by psychedelics. For anyone interested, check out Michael Pollan. He's a credible mainstream author who...
Here is a start to the conversation. Demons can be fought by psychedelics. For anyone interested, check out Michael Pollan. He's a credible mainstream author who has been on Joe Rogan's podcast and wrote a book called "How to Change Your Mind". He started hearing stories of addiction, depression, anxiety, etc. being helped by psychedelic therapy and felt the need to learn more and share, which is where the book came from.

I know this will be downvoted by a bunch of individuals with preconceived notions but I don't care. I care if it helps one person find some forward momentum

Nonsense. Same nonsense spewed from people that say cannibis cures cancer.
Sources for that enlightening comment?
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
9/18/2018 1:13am
It makes me weird, he was born in 1980 like me and I have the same problems as him...Unfortunately, I did not find solutions to fix my problem. The point of no return is ruthless.

I can feel myself slipping away.. I hope to stay alive to watch the MXDN at least and at best, see Tomac become SX Champion lol.

Motocross is a good drug, the best antidepressant.

9/18/2018 3:34am
I dont know Tyler but I thought he was doing good for himself with that Indian tribe? He looked so happy on his Instagram page. So sad. RIP Tyler
greenmx5
9/18/2018 5:02am
Bennett59 wrote:
I remember when him and another rider got tangled up and he got up and threw a elbow at the guys head. Could never find the...
I remember when him and another rider got tangled up and he got up and threw a elbow at the guys head. Could never find the footage again but remember seeing it.

Post a reply to: Did Tyler Evans pass away?

The Latest