Did "Superman" loose his power?

robkinuk
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:49am
Noticed at the Hangtown press conference Christophe Pourcel was sporting the new short hair cut! Like Sampson I wonder if Pourcel has lost his power by getting his long hair cut?
Results weren't as good as most were expecting, but a solid base to build on!
|
machine
5/23/2011 4:16am
He had better build on it, if he expects to get that big money he's looking for.

Here's a tale of two fortunes, one one hand you have Reed who decided to foot the bill himself and is now on factory equipment and then you have CP who is headed in the opposite direction.

When you make it known that you are only after money, fans lose respect, especially when the economy is the way it is. He will need to back up his self perceived worth with results.
akmx17
5/23/2011 4:27am
Its one race.
Give the dude a break.

Shit based on this last race
Reed Is gonna be Champion
RV has lost his mojo
RD should of won the SX title
CP is washed up
Andrew Short made a mistake choosing to stay on the 350 and everyone at KTM is a dumbass

The Shop

mattmatt300
5/23/2011 4:55am
akmx17 wrote:
Its one race. Give the dude a break. Shit based on this last race Reed Is gonna be Champion RV has lost his mojo RD should...
Its one race.
Give the dude a break.

RV has lost his mojo
CP is washed up
Andrew Short made a mistake choosing to stay on the 350 and everyone at KTM is a dumbass
spot on
robkinuk
5/23/2011 5:10am
flarider wrote:
"Lose"
Cheers Dave, I always get that one wrong!
Rest of you guys I wasn't bagging on Christophe, just starting a discussion. Personally I think he will come good as it was his first race since Pala last year, new bike, recovery from injury.
At least he's out there...........................but then that's a whole other story that's beeen discussed to death!WinkSmile
Void Main
5/23/2011 5:32am
No but his chain looked like it might have been a little lose.
5/23/2011 6:08am
akmx17 wrote:
Its one race. Give the dude a break. Shit based on this last race Reed Is gonna be Champion RV has lost his mojo RD should...
Its one race.
Give the dude a break.

RV has lost his mojo
CP is washed up
spot on
You left out what to do about WMX
IWreckALot
5/23/2011 6:15am
Even before this race, I was concerned about how long he would be able to remain competitive in the outdoor races. I hope he gets faster and starts mixing it up with the top guys but I'm skeptical about his capability to do so for the sole reason of his previous back injury. I thought I heard them mention a few times last MX season that his back affects him to where he has to ride differently and with a heavier and more powerful bike and faster stronger competition, he might be at a sever disadvantage. I hope he proves me wrong. Plus he hasn't ridden competitively in awhile so I expected him to use this race to gauge where he was.
mjskier
5/23/2011 7:53am
He has a post race interview on http://www.lebigusa.com/interviews/christophe-pourcel-jai-la-vitesse.html

Among the juicy tidbits:

The Yamaha is too powerful down low so he is losing traction. No need to have 500hp if you can only use 100. But he likes how it pulls up top. He and DV are going to work on this since he needs a motor he likes.
First moto the front end was too soft for the conditions
Second moto he got punted out and started last. He focused on riding cleanly and get used to the bike in racing conditions.
Very impressed by Reed since he found the Honda fairly hard to ride when he tested it. Even more impressed since Reed doesn't have a lot of timeon the factory bike.
He thinks the bike will be ready for Colorado.
lumpy790
5/23/2011 8:19am
It was what..... 2 or 3 weeks ago CP was tasting all the different flavors of bikes to make his decision on what he wanted to ride? Not enough testing / set up time for him to be 100% comfortable.
Bornhorst751
5/23/2011 8:44am
akmx17 wrote:
Its one race.
Give the dude a break.

RV has lost his mojo
CP is washed up
are you serious?

Reed is gonna be 2nd or 3rd.
RV has NOT lost his mojo. he was sick and barely rode for the last two weeks.
RD did not deserve to win the SX title by any means.
about the only thing I agree with you on is that CP is washed up.

and when villo makes the whole field look silly for the rest of the year, im going to love saying, "i told ya so."
kongols
5/23/2011 8:49am
are you serious? Reed is gonna be 2nd or 3rd. RV has NOT lost his mojo. he was sick and barely rode for the last two...
are you serious?

and when villo makes the whole field look silly for the rest of the year, im going to love saying, "i told ya so."
5/23/2011 8:52am
I have a feeling we will see him on the podium by the end of the year. He's never been a mid-pack guy.
toroP
5/23/2011 8:56am
akmx17 wrote:
Its one race.
Give the dude a break.

RV has lost his mojo
CP is washed up
are you serious? Reed is gonna be 2nd or 3rd. RV has NOT lost his mojo. he was sick and barely rode for the last two...
are you serious?

You completely missed the point of akmx17's post. jeez
lumpy790
5/23/2011 9:02am
I think its going to like the SX's with 5 or 6 different moto winners and the most consistent will be champ.

Its a long season!...........RD1 & RV2 played it safe and ride for points in the 2nd moto.
motoplook
5/23/2011 9:06am
mjskier wrote:
He has a post race interview on [url=http://www.lebigusa.com/interviews/christophe-pourcel-jai-la-vitesse.html]http://www.lebigusa.com/interviews/christophe-pourcel-jai-la-vitesse.html[/url] Among the juicy tidbits: The Yamaha is too powerful down low so he is losing traction. No need...
He has a post race interview on http://www.lebigusa.com/interviews/christophe-pourcel-jai-la-vitesse.html

Among the juicy tidbits:

The Yamaha is too powerful down low so he is losing traction. No need to have 500hp if you can only use 100. But he likes how it pulls up top. He and DV are going to work on this since he needs a motor he likes.
First moto the front end was too soft for the conditions
Second moto he got punted out and started last. He focused on riding cleanly and get used to the bike in racing conditions.
Very impressed by Reed since he found the Honda fairly hard to ride when he tested it. Even more impressed since Reed doesn't have a lot of timeon the factory bike.
He thinks the bike will be ready for Colorado.
so much better when people bring facts instead of just bullcrap!
DrSweden
5/23/2011 10:18am
I agree, I'm pretty sure kiddo will podium at some point. He needs to sort the bike out, as him feeling comfy on it to take it to the next level which makes people podium and winning races.

I'm pretty dazed by this race though. I would newer though Reed would stand a chance, and actually I was thinking RV would kill it and CP would be top five right away! Amazing how clueless I was...

Well, it's not over until the fat lady sings, and I'm hoping CP will win the series in the end, but I will be really happy if he tops three which is probably more realistic...

Pourcel, Pourcel!!!
jamma10
5/23/2011 10:25am
Pourcel will win races this year.
peelout
5/23/2011 10:27am
akmx17 wrote:
Its one race.
Give the dude a break.

RV has lost his mojo
CP is washed up
are you serious?

somebody has some serious reading comprehension deficiencies...
yosmithy
5/23/2011 10:39am
They came out with a new color of Kryptonite....Blue
jasonv43
5/23/2011 10:47am
Superman should have taken the Geico deal.
Sherwood
5/23/2011 10:47am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2011 10:50am
I think that 1000 dollar bet Watson made with Nerd that he wouldn't win a moto before halfway was a good one.
mjskier
5/23/2011 10:48am
yosmithy wrote:
Most likely Monster withdrawal. He just needs some time to get used to the new drink.

Sherwood
5/23/2011 10:51am
yosmithy wrote:
mjskier wrote:
Most likely Monster withdrawal. He just needs some time to get used to the new drink. [img]https://www.lebigusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/FMF_power1-e1305864337435.jpeg[/img]
Most likely Monster withdrawal. He just needs some time to get used to the new drink.

And thus the reason nothing saying FMF is on the Kawasaki bikes. (Haven't seen it myself only heard0
mac3-d
5/23/2011 11:00am
like "samson" i thought this about another racer whose name i'll not mention. the shorter the hair the more he crashes !!! then i realised it's like like that all the time. ANYWAY Pourcel too many numbers on that bike makes it too heavy !!!
peelout
5/23/2011 11:02am
mjskier wrote:
Most likely Monster withdrawal. He just needs some time to get used to the new drink. [img]https://www.lebigusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/FMF_power1-e1305864337435.jpeg[/img]

that shit gives your farts more bass than a 450

Post a reply to: Did "Superman" loose his power?

The Latest