Did Roczen hit the wall?

DJL52
7/7/2012 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2012 6:09pm
I think so.

Will Kenny be able to adjust to the East coast heat and humidity?
|
SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 2:05pm
DJL52 wrote:
I think so.

That will be the consensus. Who knows what's in his head!
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
7/7/2012 2:07pm
Wouldn't be the first time heat has effected a rider
ocscottie
7/7/2012 2:09pm
Yea. for sure, he bonked mid moto. I didnt really expect a whole lot out of him this weekend to be honest. Gnar track, and heat, tough combo.
DJL52
7/7/2012 2:10pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
For sure...but can he make the adjustment? They said he was training in Texas. I'd move that training to Maryland for the Heat index factor.

The Shop

SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 2:12pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
DJL52 wrote:
For sure...but can he make the adjustment? They said he was training in Texas. I'd move that training to Maryland for the Heat index factor.
At some point, it was 103 in Kansas while in Texas it was only 90 degrees! Just saying!
ocscottie
7/7/2012 2:16pm
btw: not sure if you saw some tweets awhile back, some people were getting on him about going out wakeboarding and jetskiing, saying he is risking getting hurt etc etc. He said he is young, wants to enjoy life and have fun.

I can respect that at his age, but if he wants to become a full blown US Champion, he is going to have to make some changes IMO 1st year in the US, get used to the new environment and have fun, but next year....all that has to be put aside and focus solely on being the best rider he can....period.
7/7/2012 2:18pm
I remember Chad saying this in his Steve Matthes interview just before the season - that this would likely be a big problem for Kenny at some point, particularly with him coming from a temperate part of Europe.

He said along the lines that the GP guys don't understand how hot and humid some of the Nationals can get. Apparently Ken was even struggling with the heat at Daytona SX, saying to Chad how bad it was, and Chad was like "Dude, this isn't even that hot compared to what's coming!". Anyway, hopefully he can adjust.
SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 2:20pm
ocscottie wrote:
btw: not sure if you saw some tweets awhile back, some people were getting on him about going out wakeboarding and jetskiing, saying he is risking...
btw: not sure if you saw some tweets awhile back, some people were getting on him about going out wakeboarding and jetskiing, saying he is risking getting hurt etc etc. He said he is young, wants to enjoy life and have fun.

I can respect that at his age, but if he wants to become a full blown US Champion, he is going to have to make some changes IMO 1st year in the US, get used to the new environment and have fun, but next year....all that has to be put aside and focus solely on being the best rider he can....period.
Why wait till the second year? I think reality is sinking in. Is he waiting on the fast guys to move up to be the best? Flash news...a very fast amateur will move up next year!
Hanaa80
7/7/2012 2:20pm
DJL52 wrote:
I think so.

This year? - No. I gets hot in Europe too, but it's always dry heat.I think he needs more time to get used to the humidity. And maybe stop drinking those Red Bulls..
7/7/2012 2:28pm
ocscottie wrote:
btw: not sure if you saw some tweets awhile back, some people were getting on him about going out wakeboarding and jetskiing, saying he is risking...

SlowMoFo wrote:
Why wait till the second year? I think reality is sinking in. Is he waiting on the fast guys to move up to be the best...
Why wait till the second year? I think reality is sinking in. Is he waiting on the fast guys to move up to be the best? Flash news...a very fast amateur will move up next year!
I don't really think that.

He's trying super hard and definitely frustrated. He says a bunch of positive things on the podium but you can sort of see that he wants/expected to be 1 or 2 positions higher up the pecking order. He'll get there, probably. It's a tougher class, likely "the" single toughest class in the world, and under a very different system and conditions upon which he's used to.
Hawwy
7/7/2012 2:30pm
Pourcel was alot more competitive and struggled to control the temperature with his body because of the bad injury sustained in Europe? He was at a big disadvantage to Roczen and still won alot! Yes it's hot but maybe Roczen has been distracted, is having too much fun and has lost his focus.
Barrett57
7/7/2012 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 2:32pm
ocscottie wrote:

Agreed. No way anyone can win against a field this deep without giving 101%.

He can do it.
gt80rider
7/7/2012 2:46pm
Blake looked to be n good shape after the first moto.. ken had that rosey skintone that he had gotten too hot... After just lookn at him after the first moto you kinda knew he wouldnt b able to charge to the front in moto 2...
T-Fish
Fantasy
199th
7/7/2012 2:52pm
Bad day. Big deal.
7/7/2012 2:59pm
Hawwy wrote:
Pourcel was alot more competitive and struggled to control the temperature with his body because of the bad injury sustained in Europe? He was at a...
Pourcel was alot more competitive and struggled to control the temperature with his body because of the bad injury sustained in Europe? He was at a big disadvantage to Roczen and still won alot! Yes it's hot but maybe Roczen has been distracted, is having too much fun and has lost his focus.
That's true. However it was a lot less competitive when CP was doing the Nationals (2009/2010).

He had Dungey one year and Canard the next. No disrespect to anyone else but that was pretty much it. And that's the way it is sometimes. Sometimes everyone gets their program together in the same year and you end up with 3 or 4, maybe 5 guys that can win, I mean genuine title contenders.

For instance, Barcia and Tomac were no where in this class last year and even Baggett wasn't as good. Wilson's the only factor no longer present. Other than that everyone else is vastly improved.
SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 4:16pm
Blah, blah. Same excuses! When is he going.to win? When the top 3 crash? By the way, I like the guy but I am as frustrated as he is.
SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 4:39pm
If second place is the first looser, what does fourth makes him? At one point we have to realize that he has been dissapointing a lot of fans but you can continue to believe that he is doing great if you want!
SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 4:48pm
So are Musquin and Rattray.
Think you missed the point on that one........or maybe it was me!
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
7/7/2012 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 5:35pm
Just a little observation...

I can't believe some of you guys will argue with a grown man ,who is so uneducated that they cannot even spell the word "loser".

And just a little FYI....
1. looser
A looser is a loser who can't spell "loser".
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=looser

ROFL

Thanks for the laugh & bless you all!
SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 5:34pm
FastEddy wrote:
Just a little observation... I can't believe some of you guys will argue with a grown man ,who is so uneducated that they cannot even spell...
Just a little observation...

I can't believe some of you guys will argue with a grown man ,who is so uneducated that they cannot even spell the word "loser".

And just a little FYI....
1. looser
A looser is a loser who can't spell "loser".
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=looser

ROFL

Thanks for the laugh & bless you all!
Check you post looser or...."loser", however you like it better. I think you missed something there! Fucking Classic! If you are going to correct somebody, make sure your shit is legit!
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
7/7/2012 5:35pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
Check you post looser or...."loser", however you like it better. I think you missed something there! Fucking Classic! If you are going to correct somebody, make...
Check you post looser or...."loser", however you like it better. I think you missed something there! Fucking Classic! If you are going to correct somebody, make sure your shit is legit!
What are you crying about?
SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 5:45pm
FastEddy wrote:
You know what I am talking about but have no integrity to accept it, I guess you found the edit key! You KNOW you looked like an ass! Enjoy your day!
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
7/7/2012 5:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 5:46pm
FastEddy wrote:
SlowMoFo wrote:
You know what I am talking about but have no integrity to accept it, I guess you found the edit key! You KNOW you looked like...
You know what I am talking about but have no integrity to accept it, I guess you found the edit key! You KNOW you looked like an ass! Enjoy your day!
Here http://BettyFordCenter.org , don't say that I never tried to do anything nice for you!
SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 5:47pm
FastEddy wrote:
Here http://BettyFordCenter.org , don't say that I never tried to do anything nice for you!
Continue to justify yourself! You ego is obviously bigger that you values! You are one funny dude!
7/7/2012 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 5:48pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
The point was that Ken is the reigning MX2 WORLD champion right now; it's a little odd to see him not winning - at all.
SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 5:50pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
The point was that Ken is the reigning MX2 WORLD champion right now; it's a little odd to see him not winning - at all.
Im with you on that one then!
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
7/7/2012 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 5:52pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
Continue to justify yourself! You ego is obviously bigger that you values! You are one funny dude!

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
I'm here to help.
SlowMoFo
7/7/2012 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 6:12pm
FastEddy wrote:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/IRqmb.jpg[/img] [b]Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. I'm here to help.[/b]

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
I'm here to help.
You win, I have an alcohol problem and you have no moral! I'm cool with that!

Post a reply to: Did Roczen hit the wall?

The Latest