Did Ralph really just say that?

sandman768
2/16/2020 8:34am
I”m sure it’s much more difficult than we think it is , but.....everything is so dumb down and superficial.... is there no one who can articulate what is going on?
theesloth
2/16/2020 8:58am
quicken wrote:
Ralph will come out of the gate firing on all cylinders for the 450 main....he'll have a chip on his shoulder and something to prove to...
Ralph will come out of the gate firing on all cylinders for the 450 main....he'll have a chip on his shoulder and something to prove to the naysayers.
deluxeman wrote:
He just needs to hit his marks and not make a bobble in the whoops.
He's on his way to the top step of the podium once again after he LIGHTS THE CANDLES
plowboy
2/16/2020 9:00am
PEPE001 wrote:
I eat my vegetables 2nd handEvil
Vegetables are what food eats....Silly
2/16/2020 9:17am
Unpopular opinion here, but some of you need to get over Ralph and instead pay attention to the race. He does a better job than any you would do.

The Shop

HondaMan66
2/16/2020 9:20am
It’d be nice to hear someone actually call the race, like they do in horse racing for example, instead of just babbling about bullshit while the race is going on.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
2/16/2020 9:34am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 9:42am
Crossup wrote:
I can't blame Ralph specifically but [u]the entire night show is way off timing[/u]. They are never ready to call the starts and holeshot. They sacrifice...
I can't blame Ralph specifically but the entire night show is way off timing. They are never ready to call the starts and holeshot. They sacrifice calling the race for poorly executed puff pieces. They miss-name riders in the heat of the battle. Ralph trying to relate rider trivia and backstories that fall flat. They reuse the same tired catch phrases like "separator". And, does anyone up in the booth have a set of binoculars?

I can actually handle the booth, but the camera work is worse. After covering the first two laps, they start going backward covering 7th vs 8th or like tonight 11th vs 12th. Then they go to a really bad micro sized split screen. Interviews are slotted in right at the beginning on top of the race or they go to sponsorship packages. You know just by watching the time gaps, which parts off the race are heating up and should be covered. Tonight Roczen was closing in on Cianciarulo and the pass was missed while we were watching 11th place. Then after missing it live, they queue it back up to play over more live action.

It's really not super complicated... just cover the race when the gate drops.
On the camera work, they need to practice spotting and working together during qualifying. The number of times they show riders rolling sections or cut away half way through a heater is unnerving. If the commentators can only call what's on the screen, it better be the best thing on the track, not a guy with french numbers on his bike five times during the main.

By the way, my friend and I were trying to figure out how Mookie managed to have a kid and no one knew about it. Those Stewarts sure keep their personal lives personal! Smile
Trav138
2/16/2020 9:44am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 9:47am
Another that got me was Ralph talking about Josh Hill's backflip attempt gone wrong and he says that was about 3 years ago.
RC chirped back it was at least 8 or 10 years Ralph. I laughed so hard
SoCalMX70
2/16/2020 9:48am
Trav138 wrote:
Another that got me was Ralph talking about Josh Hill's backflip attempt gone wrong and he says that was about 3 years ago. RC chirped back...
Another that got me was Ralph talking about Josh Hill's backflip attempt gone wrong and he says that was about 3 years ago.
"WAS IT THAT LONG AGO ALREADY?!"

Christ, Ralph....
NateDawg
2/16/2020 9:54am
RG1 wrote:
I’ve given RC a hard time over the years but I’m starting to change my mind. I actually don’t think he’s that bad, it’s just Ralph...
I’ve given RC a hard time over the years but I’m starting to change my mind. I actually don’t think he’s that bad, it’s just Ralph talks such mind boggling drivel that RC doesn’t know how to respond to it
Ricky was much better and more natural with Diffey. Someone on here put it best, Diffey made it feel like a sport and Ralph makes it feel like a show. And now he makes it feel like a cheap, poorly run show. He needs to go.
Sideways
2/16/2020 10:48am
deluxeman wrote:
I think we all thought RC was the weak link in the booth. Then Lee Diffey showed up and holy crap RC was actually pretty good...
I think we all thought RC was the weak link in the booth. Then Lee Diffey showed up and holy crap RC was actually pretty good. Now Ol’ Ralphy is back and RC is kind of back to 2019 levels. Makes one wonder.......
Lee Diffey was awesome. Miles better than Ralph. I cant stand him. Being from sweden, Ralph sounds like caricature of an american. Someone who announces WWE or Monster jam or something like that.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1623rd
2/16/2020 11:17am
"That sand is no day at the beach" probably the most truthful comment of the night by Ralph...
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
2/16/2020 11:29am
deluxeman wrote:
I think we all thought RC was the weak link in the booth. Then Lee Diffey showed up and holy crap RC was actually pretty good...
I think we all thought RC was the weak link in the booth. Then Lee Diffey showed up and holy crap RC was actually pretty good. Now Ol’ Ralphy is back and RC is kind of back to 2019 levels. Makes one wonder.......
Sideways wrote:
Lee Diffey was awesome. Miles better than Ralph. I cant stand him. Being from sweden, Ralph sounds like caricature of an american. Someone who announces WWE...
Lee Diffey was awesome. Miles better than Ralph. I cant stand him. Being from sweden, Ralph sounds like caricature of an american. Someone who announces WWE or Monster jam or something like that.
It's Leigh Diffey.
2/16/2020 11:32am
My tips:

We will assume what you are about to say is from a recent conversation you have had with said subject. Stop saying that you had the opportunity to speak with such and such.

Stop being so "on the nose" with your set up of next on the mic contributor. Ralph... unless you are specifically giving Art Eckman a head-nod with your "no day at the beach" type comments, STOP... choose other words! LOL

LOVE our sport!!

PS. Keep making up words like "lineded" #homeskoolAF
2/16/2020 11:40am
I have defended Ralph on a few occasions. But it really is getting bad. And I believe that's only 50% Ralph. The other half is the production. Cutting away from the action to show fluff pieces, trying to create a "storyline" etc. I think most people just want to watch the racing. It's a 3 hour broadcast mostly made up of commercials and "feel good stories." When the racing is happening focus on that. Especially when so many of us are shelling out cash for gold or supercross live subscriptions. We pay for this so we can avoid some of the shit and just watch the racing. Throwing the clips and interviews in during the race feels like a slap in the face.
deluxeman
2/16/2020 11:46am
deluxeman wrote:
Sideways wrote:
Lee Diffey was awesome. Miles better than Ralph. I cant stand him. Being from sweden, Ralph sounds like caricature of an american. Someone who announces WWE...
avidchimp wrote:
It's Leigh Diffey.
Sorry, I will do better next time. Thank you for the correction.
Gotland Edon
2/16/2020 11:49am
kkawboy14 wrote:
I eat vegetables sometimes......maybe I’m a vegan too?
I am a celibate...who likes to fuck regularly
Racerman967
2/16/2020 11:50am
Maybe they could show the puff pieces instead of the 1:25 minutes of commercials. Just a thought.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
2/16/2020 5:13pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I eat vegetables sometimes......maybe I’m a vegan too?
I am a celibate...who likes to fuck regularly
Hey it can only be occasional and it has to be lean!
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
2/16/2020 5:42pm
crusher773 wrote:
he says every week that AC has topped qualifying every week. Marty beat him at like round 4.
AC has topped qualifying every week...
2/16/2020 6:04pm
Well I won’t pile on Ralph but I wanted to ask if any one noticed on the NBC Sports Gold app it stated that As the battle heats up Between Forkner and Ferrandis they both head East to Tampa or some thing along those lines ..🤷🏻‍♂️
We may be seeing the fact a Promoter (Feld) is guiding the ship. Sports such as the NFL are also promoted But it is indeed by the NFL for themselves.
My point is passion for SX/MX will be ultimately what raises the bar.

Ghost
2/16/2020 6:37pm
Unpopular opinion here, but some of you need to get over Ralph and instead pay attention to the race. He does a better job than any...
Unpopular opinion here, but some of you need to get over Ralph and instead pay attention to the race. He does a better job than any you would do.
It's hard to follow the racing because they're usually three steps behind the action! I've learned to listen to if the crowd noise suddenly increases and they've been following a racer battling for ninth place for two laps they probably missed the action up front that just happened and we'll have to wait another lap or two before they show the replay. Drives me crazy.
Wade221
2/16/2020 6:41pm
mx196 wrote:
“Adam enticknap on the seven deuce deuce”
Absolute cringe
Detroit Dick
2/16/2020 10:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 10:33pm
"Did Ralph Really Just Say That?" should be a weekly feature on Vital.......Ping, you listening?...
Momus
2/16/2020 11:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 8:05am
"Did Ralph Really Just Say That?" should be a weekly feature on Vital.......Ping, you listening?...
Ricky: yes, all night long...
kNewc
2/17/2020 4:38am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 4:38am
mx196 wrote:
“Adam enticknap on the seven deuce deuce”
OldPro277 wrote:
I don't usually bitch about the broadcast----BUT Ralph used that 7 deuce deuce shit 5 times inside of 10 minutes . I told my wife that...
I don't usually bitch about the broadcast----BUT Ralph used that 7 deuce deuce shit 5 times inside of 10 minutes . I told my wife that if he said it ONE more time ,I was turning the audio off.
Everytime I saw the 7 duece duece during the main, he looked like he was going 5mph. I know he is not expected to win, but...
Everytime I saw the 7 duece duece during the main, he looked like he was going 5mph. I know he is not expected to win, but he made the main, WTF?
It's because he's so much bigger than everyone out there (not fatter, just bigger). If you watch the end of the 450 LCQ and they zoom in on him you can tell he's a beast. His thighs are bigger than some of his competitors waist lol
2/17/2020 4:44am
Trav138 wrote:
Another that got me was Ralph talking about Josh Hill's backflip attempt gone wrong and he says that was about 3 years ago. RC chirped back...
Yeah right and no one mentioned that Josh Hill had recently raced the Australian series and/or had the fill in ride with Factory Yamaha a couple years ago.
No one mentioned it was the first time Josh had raced the 250 class since 2007.

I’d rather listen to anyone else in this forum call the race, you all could do a better job!
kb228
2/17/2020 7:34am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 7:35am
RG1 wrote:
I’ve given RC a hard time over the years but I’m starting to change my mind. I actually don’t think he’s that bad, it’s just Ralph...
I’ve given RC a hard time over the years but I’m starting to change my mind. I actually don’t think he’s that bad, it’s just Ralph talks such mind boggling drivel that RC doesn’t know how to respond to it
The proof of this is the first 3 rounds. RC did better with diffey.

Weege wants the spot and is by far the best commentator available. I seriously cant wrap my head around why they arent putting him in. Its unbelievable. Theres zero complaints during the mx season.

Post a reply to: Did Ralph really just say that?

The Latest