Did Ralph really just say that?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2020 7:33 PM

ShipLap wrote:

I had some broccoli once . .

.....but did you have the cheese sauce on it?

|

2/15/2020 7:33 PM

Already talking about next weeks race. He talks about everything except the race going on.

|

2/15/2020 7:34 PM

nickm wrote:

Already talking about next weeks race. He talks about everything except the race going on.

.....this race is boring....better to talk about next week!

|

2/15/2020 7:39 PM

he says every week that AC has topped qualifying every week. Marty beat him at like round 4.

|

2/15/2020 7:39 PM

Last one, he also said when James Stewart was watching the race with his son “Look at James Stewart and his nephew.”

|

2/15/2020 7:42 PM

We should just do a segment Ralph’s words and embrace it. I’m starting to look forward to what they are going to say next.

|

2/15/2020 7:47 PM

I half ass listen anymore with 3 kids running around, kind of helps drowned out the Ralphisms. But, did I catch Ricky talking about Kens Misdemeanor? I think thats what I heard.

|

2/15/2020 7:54 PM

mx196 wrote:

Last one, he also said when James Stewart was watching the race with his son “Look at James Stewart and his nephew.”

Well to be fair, on that one, when he was talking about Malcolm he said 'there's his brother James watching with one of his nephews' So although it sounded like a mistake it wasn't

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

2/15/2020 8:00 PM

I eat my vegetables 2nd handdevil

|

2/15/2020 8:01 PM

mx196 wrote:

jemcee wrote:

Well to be fair, on that one, when he was talking about Malcolm he said 'there's his brother James watching with one of his nephews' So although it sounded like a mistake it wasn't

I thought the same but I didn’t give him the benefit of the doubt, you’re probably right.

|

2/15/2020 8:18 PM

theesloth wrote:

That Hampshire is a vegan that eats lean meat?
God what an idiot. Why he is in the booth is beyond me.

mxb2 wrote:

Get rid of the little girl in the pits with the microphone first.

Yeah I'm so tired of hearing "well I talked to so and so today and his hemorrhoids are out of control but he thinks they may turn out to be a blessing'". Get rid of her and just let Blair handle the floor.

|

Anyone but Ralph!

2/15/2020 8:25 PM

What other sports does Ralph commentate? Does he say the same shit with them also?

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

2/15/2020 9:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2020 9:26 PM

I can't blame Ralph specifically but the entire night show is way off timing. They are never ready to call the starts and holeshot. They sacrifice calling the race for poorly executed puff pieces. They miss-name riders in the heat of the battle. Ralph trying to relate rider trivia and backstories that fall flat. They reuse the same tired catch phrases like "separator". And, does anyone up in the booth have a set of binoculars?

I can actually handle the booth, but the camera work is worse. After covering the first two laps, they start going backward covering 7th vs 8th or like tonight 11th vs 12th. Then they go to a really bad micro sized split screen. Interviews are slotted in right at the beginning on top of the race or they go to sponsorship packages. You know just by watching the time gaps, which parts off the race are heating up and should be covered. Tonight Roczen was closing in on Cianciarulo and the pass was missed while we were watching 11th place. Then after missing it live, they queue it back up to play over more live action.

It's really not super complicated... just cover the race when the gate drops.

|

2/16/2020 4:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2020 4:26 AM

It blows my mind that there are people defending him and wants to see him keep his spot. He has to go for the 2021 season.

|

2/16/2020 4:28 AM

I’ve given RC a hard time over the years but I’m starting to change my mind. I actually don’t think he’s that bad, it’s just Ralph talks such mind boggling drivel that RC doesn’t know how to respond to it

|

2/16/2020 5:47 AM

I'm surprised folks on here listen to the announcers. They're there for the casual, uniformed non-riding fans. They're there so the broadcast doesn't have dead air. I tune them out like I tune out my wife. Just like the way parents sound in the old Peanuts/Charlie Brown TV specials, I just hear a faint WAA-WAA-WAA coming from the speakers.

|

2/16/2020 5:48 AM

theesloth wrote:

Maybe cause no one else wants the job.

|

2/16/2020 6:04 AM

It's surprising how Ralph can know so little and have such a lack of understanding of the sport after being in the booth so many years. I really hope they find someone more suited for the job for next year.

|

2/16/2020 6:15 AM

Ralph loves SX but he's not in love with SX. I don't feel a true passion from him.

|

2/16/2020 6:22 AM

quicken wrote:

Ralph will come out of the gate firing on all cylinders for the 450 main....he'll have a chip on his shoulder and something to prove to the naysayers.

Hahaha this was so on point as I read it I could hear Ralph saying it in my head

|

2/16/2020 6:33 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Hey I'm a vegan who eats meat . We're out there , Ralph is just making you aware.

If you are a vegan who eats meat, you are not a vegan. Kinda like saying your pregnant, but not having a baby.

|

2/16/2020 6:39 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Hey I'm a vegan who eats meat . We're out there , Ralph is just making you aware.

uneasy_rider wrote:

If you are a vegan who eats meat, you are not a vegan. Kinda like saying your pregnant, but not having a baby.

😆

|

2/16/2020 6:43 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

uneasy_rider wrote:

I recall a story once about a girl that had a baby but never had sex... They're out there bro!

|

2/16/2020 6:47 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

uneasy_rider wrote:

slipdog wrote:

I recall a story once about a girl that had a baby but never had sex... They're out there bro!

But, but urban myth is that she did have the baby if I recall correctly.

|

2/16/2020 6:52 AM

mx196 wrote:

“Adam enticknap on the seven deuce deuce”

I don't usually bitch about the broadcast----BUT Ralph used that 7 deuce deuce shit 5 times inside of 10 minutes . I told my wife that if he said it ONE more time ,I was turning the audio off.

|

2/16/2020 7:01 AM

mx196 wrote:

“Adam enticknap on the seven deuce deuce”

OldPro277 wrote:

I don't usually bitch about the broadcast----BUT Ralph used that 7 deuce deuce shit 5 times inside of 10 minutes . I told my wife that if he said it ONE more time ,I was turning the audio off.

Everytime I saw the 7 duece duece during the main, he looked like he was going 5mph. I know he is not expected to win, but he made the main, WTF?

|

2/16/2020 7:24 AM

O&GDriller wrote:

I'm surprised folks on here listen to the announcers. They're there for the casual, uniformed non-riding fans. They're there so the broadcast doesn't have dead air. I tune them out like I tune out my wife. Just like the way parents sound in the old Peanuts/Charlie Brown TV specials, I just hear a faint WAA-WAA-WAA coming from the speakers.

The MotoGP stream app has this incredible feature where you can crank up the sounds of the race and toggle down commentary. It also lets you view from a specific bike and hear that bike only. NBC could learn a lot about what what features a stream should have by subscribing to the MotoGP one.

|

2/16/2020 7:34 AM

Ricky is honestly getting better (he was horrendous last year), which is highlighting just how bad Ralph is.

|

2/16/2020 7:50 AM

Buckland wrote:

Ricky is honestly getting better (he was horrendous last year), which is highlighting just how bad Ralph is.

He performs much better with his weight loss........

|

2/16/2020 7:59 AM

theesloth wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Get rid of the little girl in the pits with the microphone first.

Agreed. I cannot understand one word that comes out of her mouth.

|