Did Millsapa prove...

BMP63
Edited Date/Time 1/7/2013 1:25pm
Did Davis win last night further support the topic of "the Yamaha is the problem?" He is definitely an improved rider from last year, he was on it last night and it just so happens he wasn't on a yamaha either....opinions?
|
Neutra
1/6/2013 10:21am
You can add that Brayton didn't perform as well since he switched to Yamaha....
TX24
1/6/2013 10:22am
Only proved to me he's got it together this year.
scooter5002
1/6/2013 10:22am
In some people minds. I think it's because he's on a bike thats inherently designed for SX, and that he is clearly capable of producing results, on the right iron. He's still a "man amongst men" and the Honda wasn't that good for him either. Hence his results suffered.
zippy895
1/6/2013 10:26am
he finished 2nd overall in sx at the series end in 2012...............................on a yamaha.
sounds like his off season was more productive for this season.

The Shop

bd
1/6/2013 10:27am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2013 10:39am
In some people minds. I think it's because he's on a bike thats inherently designed for SX, and that he is clearly capable of producing results...
In some people minds. I think it's because he's on a bike thats inherently designed for SX, and that he is clearly capable of producing results, on the right iron. He's still a "man amongst men" and the Honda wasn't that good for him either. Hence his results suffered.
Really.... the Honda where he multiple races on.

From what I saw: he's in the moment with no distractions. He looks like he 30 lbs lighter. He's telling everyone on the interviews: focused on racing and training during the off season.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/6/2013 10:29am
In some people minds. I think it's because he's on a bike thats inherently designed for SX, and that he is clearly capable of producing results...
He won some races on the Honda also.
weasel49
1/6/2013 10:35am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2013 10:36am
I would be willing to bet its a fluke. How many seasons has he said he's really trying this year?A ton. I'm not Milsaps fan and will never be. I feel once Canard and Barcia get a little more comfortable the chances of Davi being in front of them will be slim to none.
scooter5002
1/6/2013 10:41am
His first one out on that 09-12 frame? As I recall from last nights show, he's only had 4 wins. I was surprised, I thought he had more. He's on a peak right now, and I hope it continues. I thought he was capable of doing better in his career, but missing that one little thing to put it all together. Maybe now he lights up.
Winning A1 the year after his dads passing and having a baby come into to his life has to be an amazing bittersweet moment. He'll remember it the rest of life. Good on him.
BUTCH
1/6/2013 10:42am
Davey looks like to me, he got his ass in shape. He looks like he dropped about 10 pounds!
scooter5002
1/6/2013 10:43am
weasel49 wrote:
I would be willing to bet its a fluke. How many seasons has he said he's really trying this year?A ton. I'm not Milsaps fan and...
I would be willing to bet its a fluke. How many seasons has he said he's really trying this year?A ton. I'm not Milsaps fan and will never be. I feel once Canard and Barcia get a little more comfortable the chances of Davi being in front of them will be slim to none.
You may be right, but he still goes down as winning A1 in 13. Look at Andrew Short last year. He won a SX main, regardless of how he won it. That's how the record books will show it, no asterisks.
scooter5002
1/6/2013 10:45am
BUTCH wrote:
Davey looks like to me, he got his ass in shape. He looks like he dropped about 10 pounds!
Went all Ricky Carmicheal, and look what's it done for him. Changed diet perhaps, new training regimen, and he's off and running.
G Force
1/6/2013 10:45am
BUTCH wrote:
Exactly. He's fit, has his head together. Nice to see.

Will he win again? Who knows? He will be a player from here on out, you can count on that!
zippy895
1/6/2013 10:47am
weasel49 wrote:
I would be willing to bet its a fluke. How many seasons has he said he's really trying this year?A ton. I'm not Milsaps fan and...
he played that race like a boss. lead race w/ a rider on his tail,set into a mistake free pace,had canard pass him,he relaxed his intensity just enough to recover and then attacked .kinda like racing bicycles.well played
mom241
1/6/2013 10:51am
His first one out on that 09-12 frame? As I recall from last nights show, he's only had 4 wins. I was surprised, I thought he...
His first one out on that 09-12 frame? As I recall from last nights show, he's only had 4 wins. I was surprised, I thought he had more. He's on a peak right now, and I hope it continues. I thought he was capable of doing better in his career, but missing that one little thing to put it all together. Maybe now he lights up.
Winning A1 the year after his dads passing and having a baby come into to his life has to be an amazing bittersweet moment. He'll remember it the rest of life. Good on him.
I talked to big Dave for quite awhile at the podium.
kr
1/6/2013 10:52am
His first one out on that 09-12 frame? As I recall from last nights show, he's only had 4 wins. I was surprised, I thought he...
Scooter, he said in his podium interview his Dad was in the house last night.
I believe he lost a leg in an accident last year.
Octane
1/6/2013 11:20am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2013 11:22am
BMP63 wrote:
Did Davis win last night further support the topic of "the Yamaha is the problem?" He is definitely an improved rider from last year, he was...
Did Davis win last night further support the topic of "the Yamaha is the problem?" He is definitely an improved rider from last year, he was on it last night and it just so happens he wasn't on a yamaha either....opinions?
YES the new Suzuki he's on has something to do with how great he looked and did last night. I don't know why it's hard for some of you to believe that. You saw not one Yamaha rider last night who was a top contender and Davi's win last night was no fluke. He was competitive ALL day yesterday for the most part and his lap times were right there. The Zook helps to bring out his potential in addition to whatever training program he's been doing in the off season.
scooter5002
1/6/2013 11:37am
kr wrote:
Scooter, he said in his podium interview his Dad was in the house last night.
I believe he lost a leg in an accident last year.
My bad. Sorry. Thought he was killed in that bike accident. A far better outcome of the possible 2. I thought he meant in spirit. I remember it was very soon after Brittany had their baby, I believe.
Trav138
1/6/2013 11:38am
Very little to do with the bike. He said it was his best offseason he's ever had. His fitness won that race. After Trey passed him, he came back strong for the win. Doing this after Trey was all over him for 19 laps. He was prepared. I'm sure he digs the Rmz, its a great bike, imo his offseason work was the difference.
level
1/6/2013 11:44am
He obviously did something in the off season right. He got the start and the bike looked great. He is most definitely improved. If he wasn't he would of been passed by Canard, Barcia, and Dungey and he didn't. In the past he probably would of been.
Feldspar
1/6/2013 11:50am
zippy895 wrote:
he finished 2nd overall in sx at the series end in 2012...............................on a yamaha.
There is no doubt he is better off the Yamaha. Sure he got second last year but that was because he was one of three guys who raced all 17 rounds.
zippy895
1/6/2013 11:52am
zippy895 wrote:
Feldspar wrote:
There is no doubt he is better off the Yamaha. Sure he got second last year but that was because he was one of three guys...
There is no doubt he is better off the Yamaha. Sure he got second last year but that was because he was one of three guys who raced all 17 rounds.
your correct.and on a yamaha at that!
zippy895
1/6/2013 11:55am
something that some of you may have forgot,or blocked out.
millsaps ,with a start ,can surprise you,no matter what brand bike.
Overdrive
1/6/2013 11:57am
DM took it up a notch in his training this off season, all you have to do is look at him personally and his performance when TC passed him. TC pulled a little on him but he hung in there and took TC back. He finished out the race strong and that didn't happen very often in the past, he would usually fade.

So my hats off to him for putting in the work and dedication it takes to get to that next level.

Trey looks to have taken it up a notch as well, if that berm didn't blow out when DM was putting that pass on we may have had another winner. I was really happy for Trey, no one deserves some positive results more than Trey!
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
1/6/2013 12:30pm
weasel49 wrote:
That is a little biased because you aren't a fan of DV18. You could add Davi to that list of getting better once he gets more comfortable on the Suzuki. You can't be top 3 in qualifying, win a heat race, and go out and win the main event on just a fluke.
Harry_Gray
1/6/2013 12:40pm
Milsaps looked strong tonight; rode great, appeared to be physically fit and it seemed like he worked on his mental game over the off season. He has always been a good rider but it looks like he put together the pieces this year. Will he win the SX title this year? Hard telling but...you can't count him out as a contender either if he stays on his current path. We'll have to wait and see...
BMP63
1/6/2013 3:22pm
Im sure his program has more to deal with it than the bike, but how much of the problem could have been the yamaha? What we watched yesterday was no doubt a much improved, more comfortable Millsaps. Both of the two front runners were running faster than anyone in the main
SlowMoFo
1/6/2013 3:26pm
The majority of riders that jump on that bike seem to elevate their game!
exsarg
1/7/2013 5:51am
SlowMoFo wrote:
The majority of riders that jump on that bike seem to elevate their game!
just like honda did from about 82 to 92
Stephon
1/7/2013 6:40am
weasel49 wrote:
That is a little biased because you aren't a fan of DV18. You could add Davi to that list of getting better once he gets more...
That is a little biased because you aren't a fan of DV18. You could add Davi to that list of getting better once he gets more comfortable on the Suzuki. You can't be top 3 in qualifying, win a heat race, and go out and win the main event on just a fluke.
X2

Post a reply to: Did Millsapa prove...

The Latest