Did Marvin let a Tear Off rattle him?

joshflo
3/11/2018 5:29pm
He was on the ground stopped enough, seems like that would have been a prime time to yank that crap off his hand.

For real he had a lot of opportunities to pull it off so must of not bothered him that much
3/11/2018 5:50pm
Motofinne wrote:
I re-watched the race and that incident a few minutes ago and i'm utterly amazed how clueless Emig, RC and Ralph are. Marvin actually made a...
I re-watched the race and that incident a few minutes ago and i'm utterly amazed how clueless Emig, RC and Ralph are.

Marvin actually made a mistake in that exact place one or two laps before he went down. I instantly thought about it when he went down. "Oh, not surprising. Marvin made a mistake on the same obstacle a few minutes ago".

But these guys are starting to speculate that a tear off stuck on Marvins arm could've been the reason for the crash. I mean come on.

We are in a situation where nothing is a surprise with the TV crew. I know that people have given these guys a hard time for years and sometimes unfairly(especially Ralph, he is not the expert. He gets no help from his experts). But i can't defend them anymore, it is impossible to do that. Something has to change.
Yes he went for the inside but overshot it at least once before he crashed in that section.

I have trouble seeing how a tear off would get stuck on your glove/sleeve.
BMSOBx2
3/11/2018 6:48pm
Katoomey wrote:
the average Vital user just figured out how to tie their shoes. If you think the they are capable of understanding the intricacies of live broadcasting...
the average Vital user just figured out how to tie their shoes. If you think the they are capable of understanding the intricacies of live broadcasting, you're almost as dumb as they are...
Suck up to these guys all you want but the entire production team including the announcers suck. I've been waiting for half a season for it to get better hoping it would but it's just embarrassing. Right up there with monster trucks and WWF. Something needs to be done.
dkg
3/11/2018 7:03pm
downard254 wrote:
Fortunately, once Tomac started moving forward, he switched to the "Tomac the god is going to win this thing" constantly mentioning the gap.
Not sure I’d use the word fortunate. All that Tomac screaming showed was a fundamental misunderstanding of math.

The Shop

olds cool
3/11/2018 7:53pm
early wrote:
Headcase bro
hillbilly wrote:
John Wesley Hardin is a hesdcase Marvin just hit that whoop to hard and got front high. The skill he used to ride thru that was...
John Wesley Hardin is a hesdcase

Marvin just hit that whoop to hard and got front high. The skill he used to ride thru that was pretty amazing. If not for the crowd in the way I think he would have stayed up. Looked like he dumped it to save people standing there.

And he must not been bothered by the tearoff or knew it was still there since he had time to get rid of it .
John Wesley Hardin...there's a name I haven't heard since I read a book about him in grade school, oh about 45 or 46 years ago. Most preachers' kids I've known are headcases but he took it to a whole 'nother level didn't he?

Sorry for the hijack. Now back to Marv and that pesky tear off.
JRT812
3/11/2018 7:54pm
No, I think it was just not his night. The heat didn’t go well and neither did the main. Maybe the pressure got to him before a tear off stuck to the glove or a comment from Ralph.
JWACK
3/11/2018 8:54pm
Katoomey wrote:
the average Vital user just figured out how to tie their shoes. If you think the they are capable of understanding the intricacies of live broadcasting...
the average Vital user just figured out how to tie their shoes. If you think the they are capable of understanding the intricacies of live broadcasting, you're almost as dumb as they are...
Says the average user with Vital mx shroud decals... Grinning
KDXGarage
3/11/2018 9:19pm
JWACK wrote:
Says the average user with Vital mx shroud decals... Grinning
Cue the "Morgan Freeman, you know, he's got a point" meme.
71Fish
3/12/2018 4:01pm
A tear-off rattling MM is about as dumb as a zipper rattling ET.
BobbyM
3/12/2018 4:46pm
I'd like to hear from MM himself on this subject.
ProKawi24
3/12/2018 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 5:17pm
If he lost his goggles then I'd give him an out. That's some serious shit to deal with during a race.

Having a tear-off stuck to your grip...nope. This was him simply buckling under pressure and maybe pressing a little too hard on a very difficult track that had many guys biting it. He's a professional MX racer, one of the best in the world on a factory team. Weekend warriors can get away with that as an excuse to wreck but not at his level. I think the fact he didn't attempt to rip it off after that spill over the berm also shows he wasn't too bothered by it.
hillbilly
3/14/2018 9:43am
early wrote:
Headcase bro
hillbilly wrote:
John Wesley Hardin is a hesdcase Marvin just hit that whoop to hard and got front high. The skill he used to ride thru that was...
John Wesley Hardin is a hesdcase

Marvin just hit that whoop to hard and got front high. The skill he used to ride thru that was pretty amazing. If not for the crowd in the way I think he would have stayed up. Looked like he dumped it to save people standing there.

And he must not been bothered by the tearoff or knew it was still there since he had time to get rid of it .
That's cool. I meant nothing by it. Just a reason to post a true head case.

What is Marvin's middle name?
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
3/14/2018 10:03am
MM was definitely rattled. You can see him doing left footed Can Cans up to the bar on the rhythm section prior to the get off in the mechanics area.
iBobbyb
3/14/2018 10:28am
if he was rattled, then why wouldn't he just have taken it off when he was down? or maybe use his other hand to take it off over a triple...
hillbilly
3/14/2018 10:34am
Steve125 wrote:
MM was definitely rattled. You can see him doing left footed Can Cans up to the bar on the rhythm section prior to the get off...
MM was definitely rattled. You can see him doing left footed Can Cans up to the bar on the rhythm section prior to the get off in the mechanics area.
Clutch perch adjusting.

Post a reply to: Did Marvin let a Tear Off rattle him?

The Latest