Did Marvin let a Tear Off rattle him?

Johnny Depp
Edited Date/Time 3/14/2018 10:29am
What the heck happened to him? He melted down and lost all composure. Baker needs to practice with them having a stuck tear off on their thumb.

http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2018/03/11/marvin-musquin-crash-2018-dayton…

|
early
Fantasy
2212th
3/11/2018 6:47am
Headcase bro
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
3/11/2018 6:58am
He went to shit real quick last night. He really missed a golden opportunity to make up some points

The Shop

newmann
3/11/2018 7:44am
Steve125 wrote:
Like Catnip stuck to his glove
LaughingLaughing

It sure rattled Ralph and Jeff
early
Fantasy
2212th
3/11/2018 7:55am
newmann wrote:
LaughingLaughing

Ralph talked about a 13 point swing for Marv for what seemed like 5 minutes. I was telling at the tv STFU!!!!!!
Samuel
3/11/2018 8:21am
newmann wrote:
LaughingLaughing

early wrote:
Ralph talked about a 13 point swing for Marv for what seemed like 5 minutes. I was telling at the tv STFU!!!!!!
5 minutes? He was spouting off about it for the entire second half of the main and even after. The only points swing I give a fuck about is the swing from the last race after the finish, to this race after the finish. It's completely pointless to talk about any kind of points swing in the opening laps, yet they do it every race. If a good rider gets a bad start, they are obviously going to make up a bunch of positions before the end, so why bother taking about pointless swings in the middle of the race? I get it if it's toward the end of the race and riders have settled in, but other than that, just shut the fuck up.
downard254
3/11/2018 8:42am
dadofagun wrote:
He went to shit real quick last night. He really missed a golden opportunity to make up some points
No doubt, I don't see Anderson giving way too many opportunities like that the rest of SX season.
downard254
3/11/2018 8:44am
early wrote:
Fortunately, once Tomac started moving forward, he switched to the "Tomac the god is going to win this thing" constantly mentioning the gap.
3/11/2018 8:48am
How do I say this...

Ralph and Jeff are the mouthpiece of their producer. If their producer is in their ear (often times screaming) about a narrative- they have to follow it.

Cut these guys a break already.
KMC440
3/11/2018 9:03am
A crash like that with what's on the line MILLIONS OF FUCKING DOLLARS a spiking heart rate and a dose of panic to get it all back.

Hell yeah I'd have done the same thing. Anyone that says they wouldn't have fallen prey to making similar mistakes under those circumstances is a lying piece of shit.
early
Fantasy
2212th
3/11/2018 9:14am
How do I say this... Ralph and Jeff are the mouthpiece of their producer. If their producer is in their ear (often times screaming) about a...
How do I say this...

Ralph and Jeff are the mouthpiece of their producer. If their producer is in their ear (often times screaming) about a narrative- they have to follow it.

Whoever this producer is needs to watch a MotoGP race and listen to how that is called, realize they fucking suck at their job and quit on the spot.
3/11/2018 9:21am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2018 9:32am
Not sure how a very thin piece of plastic hanging from your finger would affect your grip. Highly doubt it had anything to do with his mistakes.
gt80rider
3/11/2018 9:23am
The first time he crashed he should have fixed it. Ok, he forgot the first time, but surely on the second crash he would remember..... Umm... No.
3/11/2018 9:30am
He was on the ground stopped enough, seems like that would have been a prime time to yank that crap off his hand.

hillbilly
3/11/2018 10:13am
early wrote:
Headcase bro
John Wesley Hardin is a hesdcase

Marvin just hit that whoop to hard and got front high. The skill he used to ride thru that was pretty amazing. If not for the crowd in the way I think he would have stayed up. Looked like he dumped it to save people standing there.

And he must not been bothered by the tearoff or knew it was still there since he had time to get rid of it .
Kawi15
3/11/2018 10:19am
I have had tearoffs stuck flapping before both on the hand and on the goggles. It is annoying and surely distracting. I know for myself I had to slow down enough to clear the distraction, so I can easily see how a flapping tearoff could cause one to crash. I am not saying that it cause Marvin to crash, but I could see how it might have.

Also I find it irritating how they talk about "Points as they run". I am sure it makes for more intense commentating, but for me I say just tally it up at the end.
KMC440
3/11/2018 10:27am
Kawi15 the "points as they run" is purely a talking fill point. About the same as when the racing sucks ass and they go to the "through the field" from first till something happens. Last night they went to the vaunted battle for 6th position. Which ummm if it's all ya got you ho to it and try to pimp it up.
Motoxdoc
3/11/2018 10:27am
It seemed like he was a little rattled. It looked like he tried to kick the tear-off off with his left legHuh I'm guessing his thumb went through the hole in the pull tab. Very strange in deed!
race
3/11/2018 10:34am
The Tearoff from Hell !!! lol "It's in his head".

It appeared he had a great shot for the win once he got around Brayton. Derailed by a piece of plastic?

early
Fantasy
2212th
3/11/2018 11:29am
early wrote:
Headcase bro
hillbilly wrote:
John Wesley Hardin is a hesdcase Marvin just hit that whoop to hard and got front high. The skill he used to ride thru that was...
John Wesley Hardin is a hesdcase

Marvin just hit that whoop to hard and got front high. The skill he used to ride thru that was pretty amazing. If not for the crowd in the way I think he would have stayed up. Looked like he dumped it to save people standing there.

And he must not been bothered by the tearoff or knew it was still there since he had time to get rid of it .
It was a joke hillbilly, Marvin is solid
cityjack
3/11/2018 11:31am
newmann wrote:
LaughingLaughing

early wrote:
It was either that or a "heart rate" commentary. Choose your poison.
newmann
3/11/2018 11:48am
newmann wrote:
LaughingLaughing

early wrote:
cityjack wrote:
It was either that or a "heart rate" commentary. Choose your poison.
Ralph could have just said that there was a cat crossing the course and Marv was trying to save it.
Motofinne
3/11/2018 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2018 12:51pm
I re-watched the race and that incident a few minutes ago and i'm utterly amazed how clueless Emig, RC and Ralph are.

Marvin actually made a mistake in that exact place one or two laps before he went down. I instantly thought about it when he went down. "Oh, not surprising. Marvin made a mistake on the same obstacle a few minutes ago".

But these guys are starting to speculate that a tear off stuck on Marvins arm could've been the reason for the crash. I mean come on.

We are in a situation where nothing is a surprise with the TV crew. I know that people have given these guys a hard time for years and sometimes unfairly(especially Ralph, he is not the expert. He gets no help from his experts). But i can't defend them anymore, it is impossible to do that. Something has to change.
Gus
3/11/2018 1:23pm
It was wrist version of a trackMap, like GPS. Stupid Apple maps , took him right off the berm...
mb60
3/11/2018 2:09pm
newmann wrote:
LaughingLaughing

early wrote:
Ralph will talk about a 15 point swing right after the start. I can't see why sports in general will hire people that have no clue about the event they are announcing.
Katoomey
3/11/2018 2:10pm
How do I say this... Ralph and Jeff are the mouthpiece of their producer. If their producer is in their ear (often times screaming) about a...
How do I say this...

the average Vital user just figured out how to tie their shoes. If you think the they are capable of understanding the intricacies of live broadcasting, you're almost as dumb as they are...
mooch
Fantasy
501st
3/11/2018 3:53pm
How do I say this...

Katoomey wrote:
the average Vital user just figured out how to tie their shoes. If you think the they are capable of understanding the intricacies of live broadcasting...
the average Vital user just figured out how to tie their shoes. If you think the they are capable of understanding the intricacies of live broadcasting, you're almost as dumb as they are...
Katoomy...girl you ovulating ?

Post a reply to: Did Marvin let a Tear Off rattle him?

The Latest