Did Jarvis win Erzberg on TPI?

Johnny Depp
Edited Date/Time 6/9/2018 8:58am
This may not be any conspiracy, because the entry list shows him not on TPI, and the Cycle News win ad is not saying he rode it, and the race reports have not said he rode it.

It appears to be a situation where we are left to assume that is what he rode, also, Walker, Leitenbechler and Bolt. Strangely, after much internet sleuthing to find photo evidence one way or the other, I find dozens of photos of all of their right sides of the bike, none of the left?

Can anyone confirm or deny, is a TPI bike the winner or not?

The state of the 2 stroke art is hanging in the balance, we must investigate Woohoo

https://www.erzbergrodeo.at/view/p104/results_red_bull_harescramble_2018
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/6/2018 2:44pm
This may not be any conspiracy, because the entry list shows him not on TPI, and the Cycle News win ad is not saying he rode...
This may not be any conspiracy, because the entry list shows him not on TPI, and the Cycle News win ad is not saying he rode it, and the race reports have not said he rode it.

It appears to be a situation where we are left to assume that is what he rode, also, Walker, Leitenbechler and Bolt. Strangely, after much internet sleuthing to find photo evidence one way or the other, I find dozens of photos of all of their right sides of the bike, none of the left?

The state of the 2 stroke art is hanging in the balance, we must investigate Woohoo

I know for a bit he went four stroke cause he wasn't happy with the TPI bike and the power delivery. It sounds like most listed have adapted to the TPI bike but I wouldn't be surprised if Jarvis wasn't on it.

Edit: A quick peek at his IG shows he was on a TPI bike.
early
Fantasy
2231st
6/6/2018 2:46pm
Looks like Ty ran out of gas on the Alta.
Johnny Depp
6/6/2018 2:55pm
This may not be any conspiracy, because the entry list shows him not on TPI, and the Cycle News win ad is not saying he rode...

ML512 wrote:
I know for a bit he went four stroke cause he wasn't happy with the TPI bike and the power delivery. It sounds like most listed...
I know for a bit he went four stroke cause he wasn't happy with the TPI bike and the power delivery. It sounds like most listed have adapted to the TPI bike but I wouldn't be surprised if Jarvis wasn't on it.

Edit: A quick peek at his IG shows he was on a TPI bike.
Thanks Michael, that is the only photo I have seen, him doing a wheelie in the pits. It appears that dual throttle cables is another way to tell.

https://www.instagram.com/gforcejarvis/?hl=en

So that begs the question, why not promote the signature win on the new technology better?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/6/2018 2:58pm
Thanks Michael, that is the only photo I have seen, him doing a wheelie in the pits. It appears that dual throttle cables is another way...
Thanks Michael, that is the only photo I have seen, him doing a wheelie in the pits. It appears that dual throttle cables is another way to tell.

https://www.instagram.com/gforcejarvis/?hl=en

So that begs the question, why not promote the signature win on the new technology better?
Idk, I'm not in their marketing department.

The Shop

Johnny Depp
6/6/2018 2:58pm
early wrote:
Yep, he never made the 15 minute flat out run up the mountain to the checkpoint where they had another bike waiting. In retrospect he should have saved power going up, going down was going to be where the Alta would shine in the technical, and a finish would have been important.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
6/6/2018 3:21pm
early wrote:
Did anyone really think that bike would do well at Erzberg?
MXMattii
6/6/2018 3:26pm
early wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
If I look at the size of crew Alta had on hand, I think Alta expected... Full Electric I dunno but just imagine the direct impact of that electric motor combined with the long distance and power of 4stroke. Who has the knowledge to build the first hybrid?
Johnny Depp
6/6/2018 3:36pm
MXMattii wrote:
Tons of pictures at https://media.husqvarna-motorcycles.com, but sssssshhhhht that is a press guy secret. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/06/266328/s1200_48120_graham.jarvis_ErzbergRodeo_2018_5254.jpg[/img]
Tons of pictures at https://media.husqvarna-motorcycles.com, but sssssshhhhht that is a press guy secret.

Thanks for that link, although it still doesn't show the left side of the bike in action.
ga_pike
6/6/2018 3:38pm
early wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
If I look at the size of crew Alta had on hand, I think Alta expected... Full Electric I dunno but just imagine the direct impact...
If I look at the size of crew Alta had on hand, I think Alta expected... Full Electric I dunno but just imagine the direct impact of that electric motor combined with the long distance and power of 4stroke. Who has the knowledge to build the first hybrid?
Toyota Prius Motorcycle?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/6/2018 3:50pm
MXMattii wrote:
Tons of pictures at https://media.husqvarna-motorcycles.com, but sssssshhhhht that is a press guy secret. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/06/266328/s1200_48120_graham.jarvis_ErzbergRodeo_2018_5254.jpg[/img]
Tons of pictures at https://media.husqvarna-motorcycles.com, but sssssshhhhht that is a press guy secret.

Thanks for that link, although it still doesn't show the left side of the bike in action.
Hit his IG, some of the photos you can see the oil fill for the frame and the throttle postion sensor on the throttle body, they're from the race.
navalseabee
6/7/2018 8:23am
dual cables on the throttle tube is TPI. Pretty much everyone pitting out of the factory KTM and Husky truck were on TPI EXC's.
JBernard_401
6/7/2018 8:41am
Think the team is making the riders run the TPI bikes? Heard it wasn't very well received vs the carb right from the start.
Kind of interesting to see people ride 2T and 4T, but not like the 4T power delivery on the 2T.
endurox
6/7/2018 9:15am
Cody Webb said that they have made alot of software updates to where they like the tpi over the carb 300.
Bramlett321
6/7/2018 10:07am
early wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
If I look at the size of crew Alta had on hand, I think Alta expected... Full Electric I dunno but just imagine the direct impact...
That's the ticket right there my man....if the weight stays low and the two combined wow!!! Porsche 918 here we come.
6/7/2018 11:04am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2018 11:09am
By the way, this is a good video and shows how the leaders got stuck on the hill.

Billy Bolt was in agony but never gave up helping the others.

Johnny Depp
6/7/2018 11:15am
Thanks for the answers, I am convinced now after learning about the oil fill cap at the top of the frame, and the video of the Green Hell Hill clearly shows Letti and others with the Continental FI system.

Most importantly, is if the 2 stroke state of the art has now advanced, and the 1st year "blues" of the TPI system have been overcome by new software setting, then the long assumed "promise" of Fuel Injected 2 strokes letting the genie out of the bottle are starting to materialize. At this point, it appears that the performance aspect is neutral, although the fuel mileage and emissions have advanced, although at a cost and weight penalty and with the traditional advance into the high tech vs. carbs debate.
MX915
6/7/2018 11:31am
Apparently they're on the 7th or 8th map update, not just for factory guys. If you bring the bike or ECU to the dealer and they'll load the new map, at least that's what I've read. They're definitely continuing to develop it.

There are a few go pro videos out there where guys are getting on it and it's amazing how crisp and clean the thing sounds. Promising for sure.
FWYT
6/7/2018 11:37am
By the way, this is a good video and shows how the leaders got stuck on the hill. Billy Bolt was in agony but never gave...
By the way, this is a good video and shows how the leaders got stuck on the hill.

Holy crap . . . . that is some BRUTAL stuff they have to ride. Serious skills!!
Johnny Depp
6/7/2018 2:36pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
That's the ticket right there my man....if the weight stays low and the two combined wow!!! Porsche 918 here we come.
Yes, range is too big of a problem to be much more than a track bike for now. Hybrid, hmm..
Ebs
6/7/2018 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2018 2:48pm
FI two strokes don't excite me for some reason.

Maybe if gets to point where I can flip a switch and go from 'woods' mode to 'moto' mode.
Tuna
6/8/2018 6:19pm
MXMattii wrote:
Yes, range is too big of a problem to be much more than a track bike for now. Hybrid, hmm..
Bro, you know all you have to do is ask me what he’s riding, what underwear he’s wearing and how many times Billy Bolt pissed him off that day taking secret videos of him to post on IG...
Broseph
6/8/2018 10:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 10:15pm
By the way, this is a good video and shows how the leaders got stuck on the hill. Billy Bolt was in agony but never gave...

Listen closely for the rev limiter at 17:58. This is a TPI only feature.
hyler199
6/8/2018 11:04pm
early wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
bruhs its R & D. Not making it to the end was still part of their plan. Sure it would of been great to finish, but they are testing in real world elements. Which I think is great instead of people designing the bike in an office. Im sure they will just continue getting the battery better and bike lighter with more trick parts. Alta is cool with me, I hope their work continues!!
Bearuno
6/8/2018 11:34pm
MXMattii wrote:
Well, an Alta based Hybrid, of sorts, exists already, MXMattii.:

resetjet
6/9/2018 5:47am
Thanks for the answers, I am convinced now after learning about the oil fill cap at the top of the frame, and the video of the...
Thanks for the answers, I am convinced now after learning about the oil fill cap at the top of the frame, and the video of the Green Hell Hill clearly shows Letti and others with the Continental FI system.

Most importantly, is if the 2 stroke state of the art has now advanced, and the 1st year "blues" of the TPI system have been overcome by new software setting, then the long assumed "promise" of Fuel Injected 2 strokes letting the genie out of the bottle are starting to materialize. At this point, it appears that the performance aspect is neutral, although the fuel mileage and emissions have advanced, although at a cost and weight penalty and with the traditional advance into the high tech vs. carbs debate.
Exactly. The only thing this thread proves is that fi 2 strokes are not really much better performance wise.
kott0n
Fantasy
3779th
6/9/2018 8:58am
Thanks for the answers, I am convinced now after learning about the oil fill cap at the top of the frame, and the video of the...

resetjet wrote:
Exactly. The only thing this thread proves is that fi 2 strokes are not really much better performance wise.
In their initial mass production outing. This is normal and expected.

Anyone remember how much stronger the 08 cr450 was vs its FI younger bro?

Post a reply to: Did Jarvis win Erzberg on TPI?

The Latest