Did Jarvis win Erzberg on TPI?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2018 2:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 2:43 PM

This may not be any conspiracy, because the entry list shows him not on TPI, and the Cycle News win ad is not saying he rode it, and the race reports have not said he rode it.

It appears to be a situation where we are left to assume that is what he rode, also, Walker, Leitenbechler and Bolt. Strangely, after much internet sleuthing to find photo evidence one way or the other, I find dozens of photos of all of their right sides of the bike, none of the left?

Can anyone confirm or deny, is a TPI bike the winner or not?

The state of the 2 stroke art is hanging in the balance, we must investigate w00t

https://www.erzbergrodeo.at/view/p104/results_red_bull_harescramble_2018

|

6/6/2018 2:44 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

This may not be any conspiracy, because the entry list shows him not on TPI, and the Cycle News win ad is not saying he rode ...more

I know for a bit he went four stroke cause he wasn't happy with the TPI bike and the power delivery. It sounds like most listed have adapted to the TPI bike but I wouldn't be surprised if Jarvis wasn't on it.

Edit: A quick peek at his IG shows he was on a TPI bike.

|

6/6/2018 2:46 PM

Looks like Ty ran out of gas on the Alta.

|

6/6/2018 2:55 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

This may not be any conspiracy, because the entry list shows him not on TPI, and the Cycle News win ad is not saying he rode ...more

ML512 wrote:

I know for a bit he went four stroke cause he wasn't happy with the TPI bike and the power delivery. It sounds like most ...more

Thanks Michael, that is the only photo I have seen, him doing a wheelie in the pits. It appears that dual throttle cables is another way to tell.

https://www.instagram.com/gforcejarvis/?hl=en

So that begs the question, why not promote the signature win on the new technology better?

|

6/6/2018 2:58 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Thanks Michael, that is the only photo I have seen, him doing a wheelie in the pits. It appears that dual throttle cables is ...more

Idk, I'm not in their marketing department.

|

6/6/2018 2:58 PM

early wrote:

Yep, he never made the 15 minute flat out run up the mountain to the checkpoint where they had another bike waiting. In retrospect he should have saved power going up, going down was going to be where the Alta would shine in the technical, and a finish would have been important.

|

6/6/2018 3:20 PM

Tons of pictures at https://media.husqvarna-motorcycles.com, but sssssshhhhht that is a press guy secret.
Photo

|

6/6/2018 3:21 PM

early wrote:

Did anyone really think that bike would do well at Erzberg?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

6/6/2018 3:26 PM

early wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

If I look at the size of crew Alta had on hand, I think Alta expected... Full Electric I dunno but just imagine the direct impact of that electric motor combined with the long distance and power of 4stroke. Who has the knowledge to build the first hybrid?

|

6/6/2018 3:36 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Tons of pictures at https://media.husqvarna-motorcycles.com, but sssssshhhhht that is a press guy secret.
Photo

Thanks for that link, although it still doesn't show the left side of the bike in action.

|

6/6/2018 3:38 PM

early wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

If I look at the size of crew Alta had on hand, I think Alta expected... Full Electric I dunno but just imagine the direct ...more

Toyota Prius Motorcycle?

|

6/6/2018 3:50 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Photo

Johnny Depp wrote:

Thanks for that link, although it still doesn't show the left side of the bike in action.

Hit his IG, some of the photos you can see the oil fill for the frame and the throttle postion sensor on the throttle body, they're from the race.

|

6/6/2018 4:28 PM

A post shared by Graham Jarvis (@gforcejarvis) on

You can see the oil fill cap in this one
|

6/7/2018 8:23 AM

dual cables on the throttle tube is TPI. Pretty much everyone pitting out of the factory KTM and Husky truck were on TPI EXC's.

|

6/7/2018 8:41 AM

Think the team is making the riders run the TPI bikes? Heard it wasn't very well received vs the carb right from the start.
Kind of interesting to see people ride 2T and 4T, but not like the 4T power delivery on the 2T.

|

-'09 KX500AF

- '19 KX450F

6/7/2018 9:15 AM

Cody Webb said that they have made alot of software updates to where they like the tpi over the carb 300.

|

6/7/2018 10:07 AM

early wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

If I look at the size of crew Alta had on hand, I think Alta expected... Full Electric I dunno but just imagine the direct ...more

That's the ticket right there my man....if the weight stays low and the two combined wow!!! Porsche 918 here we come.

|

6/7/2018 10:16 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Only one I could find and it's lousy quality.

Photo

|

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

6/7/2018 11:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2018 11:09 AM

By the way, this is a good video and shows how the leaders got stuck on the hill.

Billy Bolt was in agony but never gave up helping the others.

|

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

6/7/2018 11:15 AM

Thanks for the answers, I am convinced now after learning about the oil fill cap at the top of the frame, and the video of the Green Hell Hill clearly shows Letti and others with the Continental FI system.

Most importantly, is if the 2 stroke state of the art has now advanced, and the 1st year "blues" of the TPI system have been overcome by new software setting, then the long assumed "promise" of Fuel Injected 2 strokes letting the genie out of the bottle are starting to materialize. At this point, it appears that the performance aspect is neutral, although the fuel mileage and emissions have advanced, although at a cost and weight penalty and with the traditional advance into the high tech vs. carbs debate.

|

6/7/2018 11:31 AM

Apparently they're on the 7th or 8th map update, not just for factory guys. If you bring the bike or ECU to the dealer and they'll load the new map, at least that's what I've read. They're definitely continuing to develop it.

There are a few go pro videos out there where guys are getting on it and it's amazing how crisp and clean the thing sounds. Promising for sure.

|

6/7/2018 11:37 AM

Edge-Of-Adhesion wrote:

By the way, this is a good video and shows how the leaders got stuck on the hill.

Billy Bolt was in agony but never gave up ...more

Holy crap . . . . that is some BRUTAL stuff they have to ride. Serious skills!!

|

6/7/2018 2:36 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

Bramlett321 wrote:

That's the ticket right there my man....if the weight stays low and the two combined wow!!! Porsche 918 here we come.

Yes, range is too big of a problem to be much more than a track bike for now. Hybrid, hmm..

|

6/7/2018 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2018 2:48 PM

FI two strokes don't excite me for some reason.

Maybe if gets to point where I can flip a switch and go from 'woods' mode to 'moto' mode.

|

6/8/2018 6:19 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Bramlett321 wrote:

Johnny Depp wrote:

Yes, range is too big of a problem to be much more than a track bike for now. Hybrid, hmm..

Bro, you know all you have to do is ask me what he’s riding, what underwear he’s wearing and how many times Billy Bolt pissed him off that day taking secret videos of him to post on IG...

|

6/8/2018 10:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2018 10:15 PM

Edge-Of-Adhesion wrote:

Billy Bolt was in agony but never gave up ...more

Listen closely for the rev limiter at 17:58. This is a TPI only feature.

|

6/8/2018 11:04 PM

early wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

bruhs its R & D. Not making it to the end was still part of their plan. Sure it would of been great to finish, but they are testing in real world elements. Which I think is great instead of people designing the bike in an office. Im sure they will just continue getting the battery better and bike lighter with more trick parts. Alta is cool with me, I hope their work continues!!

|

6/8/2018 11:34 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Well, an Alta based Hybrid, of sorts, exists already, MXMattii.:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

6/9/2018 5:47 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Thanks for the answers, I am convinced now after learning about the oil fill cap at the top of the frame, and the video of the ...more

Exactly. The only thing this thread proves is that fi 2 strokes are not really much better performance wise.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

6/9/2018 8:58 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Thanks for the answers, I am convinced now after learning about the oil fill cap at the top of the frame, and the video of the ...more

resetjet wrote:

Exactly. The only thing this thread proves is that fi 2 strokes are not really much better performance wise.

In their initial mass production outing. This is normal and expected.

Anyone remember how much stronger the 08 cr450 was vs its FI younger bro?

|