Did Honda use the 23 450 frame at Pala?

wr74
Genuine question. Since Ktm is allowed to use an entire bike which is not available to the public for many months when they switch to each new generation, was wondering if Honda used the same rule to give Roczen and Sexton the new 23 frame? Would seem the timing of the 23 unveil was designed as such?
|
Hi Side
5/29/2022 6:54am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 7:03am
KTM group is allowed to use their new design because they released the appropriate amount of bikes to the public. They're known as the 2022.5 KTM Factory Edition and Husqvarna Rock Star Edition.
AJ565
5/29/2022 9:27am
I’ve already seen around 10 new FE KTM’s at the track so there is more then enough in county for them to run it.

The Shop

crc245
5/29/2022 1:20pm
We'll never know. AMA rules state that teams can add frame material, but not remove. Gussets and welds in proper locations may make their 22's just like the 23's, but Honda is typically extra-tight-lipped about such things. Always interesting when people assume their frames are the same that the Factory guys have access to...
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/29/2022 1:39pm
wr74 wrote:
Genuine question. Since Ktm is allowed to use an entire bike which is not available to the public for many months when they switch to each...
Genuine question. Since Ktm is allowed to use an entire bike which is not available to the public for many months when they switch to each new generation, was wondering if Honda used the same rule to give Roczen and Sexton the new 23 frame? Would seem the timing of the 23 unveil was designed as such?
They aren't using a '23 frame as it hasn't been homologated but the changes to the 23 are all based off stuff the team has done. The throttle body and intake changes came from the team, the cam, engine mounts, etc.

The team's '22 frame is similar to the '23 as they are allowed to add material and gusset areas. The modifications they're allowed to legally make to their current frames is related to what is done to the '23.
hubbardmx50
5/29/2022 3:39pm
wr74 wrote:
Genuine question. Since Ktm is allowed to use an entire bike which is not available to the public for many months when they switch to each...
ML512 wrote:
They aren't using a '23 frame as it hasn't been homologated but the changes to the 23 are all based off stuff the team has done...
They aren't using a '23 frame as it hasn't been homologated but the changes to the 23 are all based off stuff the team has done. The throttle body and intake changes came from the team, the cam, engine mounts, etc.

The team's '22 frame is similar to the '23 as they are allowed to add material and gusset areas. The modifications they're allowed to legally make to their current frames is related to what is done to the '23.
Is the 23 frame actually different or just new engine hangers? The media release was a little ambiguous regarding that I felt.
Yeti831
5/29/2022 5:00pm
wr74 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
They aren't using a '23 frame as it hasn't been homologated but the changes to the 23 are all based off stuff the team has done...

Is the 23 frame actually different or just new engine hangers? The media release was a little ambiguous regarding that I felt.
Y-Section of the downtube, or the top joint of that section (can’t remember which) has been reinforced for ‘23.

I’m honestly curious on the changes because my ‘21 is a pretty forgiving chassis imo, and that’s with soft top hangers. I can’t imagine trying to make it stiffer but then again top c-riders run circles around me so I’m not one to judge that 🤷‍♂️
hubbardmx50
5/30/2022 10:45am
ML512 wrote:

Yeti831 wrote:
Y-Section of the downtube, or the top joint of that section (can’t remember which) has been reinforced for ‘23. I’m honestly curious on the changes because...
Y-Section of the downtube, or the top joint of that section (can’t remember which) has been reinforced for ‘23.

I’m honestly curious on the changes because my ‘21 is a pretty forgiving chassis imo, and that’s with soft top hangers. I can’t imagine trying to make it stiffer but then again top c-riders run circles around me so I’m not one to judge that 🤷‍♂️
"New suspension mounting points" is interesting. I guess the frame would have to be different for that to be the case. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it compares to the 21-22 frame come shout out time

NEW SUSPENSION MOUNTING POINTS

More robust suspension mounting points this year enhance chassis and suspension stability. When the suspension works better, the chassis works better, and you get better drive and handling everywhere.

Post a reply to: Did Honda use the 23 450 frame at Pala?

The Latest