Did Chad just have his Windham moment?

Dougy1
1/16/2020 1:03am
Crush wrote:
There are some sad fucking posts in this thread.
I just don’t get the editing in this whole forum at time’s!
Some guys say some quite reasonable statements pertaining to moto and get clipped an others bring up riders families /wife’s or inappropriate shit and don’t get clipped 🧐
bama205
1/16/2020 5:18am
Beeby wrote:
All I see is a man long overdue retiring taking someone else’s spot in the main that might have a future career given the chance. When...
All I see is a man long overdue retiring taking someone else’s spot in the main that might have a future career given the chance.

When was the last time Chad really turned up to a season ready
brocster wrote:
So if Reed politely handed over the spot he officially earned to to someone that wasn’t quite good enough to take it from legitimately, What “chance”...
So if Reed politely handed over the spot he officially earned to to someone that wasn’t quite good enough to take it from legitimately, What “chance” would he be giving them at a future if they weren’t good enough to beat him out of the spot in the first place.

Exactly. Reed probably is doing them a favor
Momus
1/16/2020 7:16am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2020 7:18am
CPR wrote:
Wow there's some pathetic douche bag attitudes in here. Ellie Reed is not some trophy wife. She left her family and friends to go to Europe...
Wow there's some pathetic douche bag attitudes in here.
Ellie Reed is not some trophy wife. She left her family and friends to go to Europe to support Chad when they were both still kids. Think about that for one moment, think about your teenage daughter, sister, niece, whatever, and can you imagine her traveling to the other side of the world to chase a dream with her boyfriend with zero support network. How hard do you think that was. And they bloody did it and have been doing for 20 years on their own terms. Everything the legend Chad Reed has achieved in his great career, they've achieved together. You reckon he could have done it without her?
Whatever Ellie Reed's reasons are for posting about her boobs, they're her own reasons but it certainly expresses a lesson learnt and puts paid to any rumour mongering about why all of a sudden her body changed shape.
Now the original reason for this post was about what happened to Reed last weekend. A question still unanswered, and nothing more the speculation has ensued.
Hopefully A2 brings some enlightenment however it doesn't really matter in the end because that dude is one of the greatest to contest our sport. Let's celebrate that and fuck all this small minded bullshit.
Well said and good on Ellie for being direct and honest about her situation. Other women in the same position with medically dangerous, leaky implants may be helped.

She's stuck by her man and given her best years as well as 3 kids: Being able to share issues and vulnerabilities is the mark of someone strong.
Momus
1/16/2020 7:23am
Beeby wrote:
All I see is a man long overdue retiring taking someone else’s spot in the main that might have a future career given the chance. When...
All I see is a man long overdue retiring taking someone else’s spot in the main that might have a future career given the chance.

What about sad sack riders who retire way to early and deny their supporters. They're worse.

The Shop

lumpy790
1/16/2020 7:48am
lumpy790 wrote:
Out of curiosity ..... how many of you have raced with broken ribs like he is doing???
reded wrote:
I’d have a helluva time racing with a broken finger nail but my only obligations are to show up for work on Monday and pay the...
I’d have a helluva time racing with a broken finger nail but my only obligations are to show up for work on Monday and pay the bills on Friday.
I have raced a harescramble with 4 fractured ribs. I understand now how it can be done, and I also understand how adrenaline can mask pain...
I have raced a harescramble with 4 fractured ribs. I understand now how it can be done, and I also understand how adrenaline can mask pain. That being said, I ended up 2nd in class that day...absolutely fell apart last lap though...could hardly breathe.

I'd bet Chad's head wasn't in the game due to personal concerns though, and I'd also been told that he was having one of those days when no matter what you try you can't things to go the way you want them to.
After seeing Chads wife went in for major surgery I can understand why his head was not 100% into racing at St Louis.
1/16/2020 9:40am
Beeby wrote:

Easily the dumbest fucking comment in this entire thread. If he is holding up anyone, all they have to do is out qualify them!
Beeby
1/16/2020 9:51am
Beeby wrote:

Easily the dumbest fucking comment in this entire thread. If he is holding up anyone, all they have to do is out qualify them!
Firstly, that you think this is "the dumbest comment in this entire thread" is pretty laughable. Especially when you consider there are people suggesting his wife's breasts impact his ability to ride a bike.

Secondly, its only dumb if you are too short sighted to look at the bigger picture.

On the night, if Reed is one of the fastest guys and qualifies thats fine, but what would the people behind him do given the opportunities, equipment, support and sponsorship given to Reed who seemingly doesn't care enough to finish the race?

His fans might be happy he is there, he might get the longest autograph line in the pits but I feel like without him there someone else would get into the main, get the exposure and perhaps the confidence to build a better career for themselves.
GODZILLA
1/16/2020 10:05am
Momus wrote:
Well said and good on Ellie for being direct and honest about her situation. Other women in the same position with medically dangerous, leaky implants may...
Well said and good on Ellie for being direct and honest about her situation. Other women in the same position with medically dangerous, leaky implants may be helped.

She's stuck by her man and given her best years as well as 3 kids: Being able to share issues and vulnerabilities is the mark of someone strong.
Sometimes, keeping your private life somewhat private can also be a classy option, even if it's not very fashionable these days.

Oh, and I think you meant "She stuck by her man", lol...
lumpy790
1/16/2020 10:08am
Beeby wrote:

Beeby wrote:
Firstly, that you think this is "the dumbest comment in this entire thread" is pretty laughable. Especially when you consider there are people suggesting his wife's...
Firstly, that you think this is "the dumbest comment in this entire thread" is pretty laughable. Especially when you consider there are people suggesting his wife's breasts impact his ability to ride a bike.

Secondly, its only dumb if you are too short sighted to look at the bigger picture.

On the night, if Reed is one of the fastest guys and qualifies thats fine, but what would the people behind him do given the opportunities, equipment, support and sponsorship given to Reed who seemingly doesn't care enough to finish the race?

His fans might be happy he is there, he might get the longest autograph line in the pits but I feel like without him there someone else would get into the main, get the exposure and perhaps the confidence to build a better career for themselves.
If you bother to read it Chads wife had major surgery Monday after being sick for a long time.

Yes Family does affect a riders performance.
GODZILLA
1/16/2020 10:14am
lumpy790 wrote:
If you bother to read it Chads wife had major surgery Monday after being sick for a long time.

C'mon, let's be serious...
It's no heart transplant either...
And satisfying her ego was the only reason she was "sick".
Dry
Beeby
1/16/2020 10:25am
Beeby wrote:
Firstly, that you think this is "the dumbest comment in this entire thread" is pretty laughable. Especially when you consider there are people suggesting his wife's...

lumpy790 wrote:

I did BOTHER to read it, in full. I read her post too. I am not saying family issues don't impact rider performance, I said its nonsense to suggest her reducing her breasts was his reason for poor performance which is what was suggested. Two different things.
CPR
1/17/2020 3:53am
Beeby wrote:

Beeby wrote:

"but what would the people behind him do given the opportunities, equipment, support and sponsorship given to Reed..."
Oh you mean the opportunities, equipment, support and sponsorship he's gone out and got himself and is probably paying for some as well?
Oh and 'dumb' means the inability to speak, pity it doesn't influence your ability to type....or maybe even think coherently it seems.
Beeby
1/17/2020 6:04am
CPR wrote:
"but what would the people behind him do given the opportunities, equipment, support and sponsorship given to Reed..." Oh you mean the opportunities, equipment, support and...
"but what would the people behind him do given the opportunities, equipment, support and sponsorship given to Reed..."
Oh you mean the opportunities, equipment, support and sponsorship he's gone out and got himself and is probably paying for some as well?
Oh and 'dumb' means the inability to speak, pity it doesn't influence your ability to type....or maybe even think coherently it seems.
Why does it matter if he got it himself or got it from the tooth fairy? The man is still entering events under prepared and not even completing them. My point remains, I’d like to see what someone else would do given the same opportunity Chad has (and no, not everyone he beat to the final have the same opportunity he had).

Honestly, You can always tell people lack depth of conversation when their answer is to start being offensive toward people on here and telling them to shut up. You disagree with my viewpoint, it’s not cause to start being rude, I’m entitled to have it.
Crush
1/17/2020 7:28am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2020 7:28am
Beeby wrote:
Why does it matter if he got it himself or got it from the tooth fairy? The man is still entering events under prepared and not...
Why does it matter if he got it himself or got it from the tooth fairy? The man is still entering events under prepared and not even completing them. My point remains, I’d like to see what someone else would do given the same opportunity Chad has (and no, not everyone he beat to the final have the same opportunity he had).

Honestly, You can always tell people lack depth of conversation when their answer is to start being offensive toward people on here and telling them to shut up. You disagree with my viewpoint, it’s not cause to start being rude, I’m entitled to have it.
Assume you’re also pretty upset with Decotis rolling around at comparative trail riding speed after 10 laps?
Beeby
1/17/2020 7:41am
Beeby wrote:
Why does it matter if he got it himself or got it from the tooth fairy? The man is still entering events under prepared and not...

Crush wrote:
Assume you’re also pretty upset with Decotis rolling around at comparative trail riding speed after 10 laps?
Anyone that doesn't put the effort in. This is a thread about Reed though.
mxb2
1/17/2020 7:59am
Beeby wrote:

Crush wrote:
Decotis doesnt have the drama or fan following. Vital says its about autograph lines right?
brocster
1/17/2020 8:07am
Beeby wrote:

Crush wrote:
Beeby wrote:
Do you realize you are talking in circles?
If you want a guy to beat Chad out of the spot they have to put in the effort. All consuming, I might add.
Chad was not given anything to be where he is, he earned it just like your guy needs to do if he wants a chance. Don’t wait for opportunity, make opportunity.

Just curious, who would you put in his place that given the opportunity could turn it into something more than not qualifying as they are now?
Beeby
1/17/2020 8:23am
Crush wrote:
Beeby wrote:
brocster wrote:
Do you realize you are talking in circles? If you want a guy to beat Chad out of the spot they have to put in the...
If you want a guy to beat Chad out of the spot they have to put in the effort. All consuming, I might add.
Chad was not given anything to be where he is, he earned it just like your guy needs to do if he wants a chance. Don’t wait for opportunity, make opportunity.

Just curious, who would you put in his place that given the opportunity could turn it into something more than not qualifying as they are now?
I don't see any circles.

Chad has sponsorship, a bike and setup way beyond what his results justify. You are all getting butt hurt because someone was critical of Chad, but the logic sets firm. It is the same as people that pay for a seat in F1, they get the opportunity over many people more capable than they are. Chad has it because he has his past (which he earned, I am just saying (consistently (not circles)) that it would be nice to see some other up and coming riders get their best ever result by making the main and see if anyone makes something of it.

You cannot compare a privateer rider probably working in the week and possibly driving themselves and their stuff across the country to Chad Reed who has spent days off racing Lambos.

No one is saying Chad hasn't been a good rider and no one is saying he is not capable of putting in good results but he keeps coming into seasons not bike fit.
davistld01
1/17/2020 8:50am
Momus wrote:
What about sad sack riders who retire way to early and deny their supporters. They're worse.
Sad sack riders? Name some. Any riders like RC, Dungey, RV, Stew or others who win their share of championships and see that they can walk away without having some career ending injury force them into it have my respect, not my disrespect.

GPR245
1/17/2020 9:13am
This thread needs to be canned, what a sad place Vital has become. Attacking a legends wife for whatever reason? Come on. She's no worse than a lot of other racers wives and have you seen social media lately? She's hardly a drop in the hat when it comes to attention seeking.

Chad is given support based on who he is and what he's accomplished. Everyone who signed on knew there were no championships coming. His bike is mostly if not all commercial products i.e. no Factory stuff.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
1/17/2020 10:16am
Beeby wrote:
I don't see any circles. Chad has sponsorship, a bike and setup way beyond what his results justify. You are all getting butt hurt because someone...
I don't see any circles.

Chad has sponsorship, a bike and setup way beyond what his results justify. You are all getting butt hurt because someone was critical of Chad, but the logic sets firm. It is the same as people that pay for a seat in F1, they get the opportunity over many people more capable than they are. Chad has it because he has his past (which he earned, I am just saying (consistently (not circles)) that it would be nice to see some other up and coming riders get their best ever result by making the main and see if anyone makes something of it.

You cannot compare a privateer rider probably working in the week and possibly driving themselves and their stuff across the country to Chad Reed who has spent days off racing Lambos.

No one is saying Chad hasn't been a good rider and no one is saying he is not capable of putting in good results but he keeps coming into seasons not bike fit.
Until you're paying the bill for someone to race, who are any of us to say "what their results justify"? Unless one of us here can show up and out qualify the man, we shouldn't be passing judgement on whether he should be out there or not.

Just my $.02
Momus
1/17/2020 10:21am
Beeby wrote:
brocster wrote:
Do you realize you are talking in circles? If you want a guy to beat Chad out of the spot they have to put in the...

Beeby wrote:
I don't see any circles. Chad has sponsorship, a bike and setup way beyond what his results justify. You are all getting butt hurt because someone...
I don't see any circles.

Chad is self funded this season. Not a factory or major private team rider at all; a privateer in his valedictory season.

A lot of internet ink has been expended on how he has bought a transporter, bikes and pays his blokes out of his own pocket.

He has been racing at the highest levels internationally for over 20 years .

You don't get that he is making the SX mains purely on ability?

I don't think you understand how professional SX works.
Beeby
1/17/2020 10:28am
Beeby wrote:
I don't see any circles.

Until you're paying the bill for someone to race, who are any of us to say "what their results justify"? Unless one of us here can...
Until you're paying the bill for someone to race, who are any of us to say "what their results justify"? Unless one of us here can show up and out qualify the man, we shouldn't be passing judgement on whether he should be out there or not.

Just my $.02
So this spectator sport is to be a judgement free zone expect all those who can qualify for a main? Or perhaps people who sponsor it. Good logic sir.

I assume same applies to football? Baseball, Soccer?

Only the elite may have an opinion.
Beeby
1/17/2020 10:32am
brocster wrote:

Beeby wrote:
I don't see any circles.

Momus wrote:
Chad is self funded this season. Not a factory or major private team rider at all; a privateer in his valedictory season. A lot of internet...
Chad is self funded this season. Not a factory or major private team rider at all; a privateer in his valedictory season.

A lot of internet ink has been expended on how he has bought a transporter, bikes and pays his blokes out of his own pocket.

He has been racing at the highest levels internationally for over 20 years .

You don't get that he is making the SX mains purely on ability?

I don't think you understand how professional SX works.
Find me where I said he is not making mains based on his ability?

I said I wish he would call it a day and give others a chance, thats it, thats all I said.
mxb2
1/17/2020 10:33am
Beeby wrote:
I don't see any circles.

Until you're paying the bill for someone to race, who are any of us to say "what their results justify"? Unless one of us here can...

Just my $.02
Beeby wrote:
So this spectator sport is to be a judgement free zone expect all those who can qualify for a main? Or perhaps people who sponsor it...
So this spectator sport is to be a judgement free zone expect all those who can qualify for a main? Or perhaps people who sponsor it. Good logic sir.

I assume same applies to football? Baseball, Soccer?

Only the elite may have an opinion.
Yea. Lol. Dont comment unless you can beat them or make a sx main. . Gonna be a slim forum then.
CM_84
1/18/2020 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 1:00pm
Once again, vital members prove that there are some grade A dipshits that post here.
Congratulations!

Chad has been an all-timer. I hope he has one more successful year and enjoys his farewell tour.
Ellie has obviously been a great support. Liste being to JT talk on pulp over the years, plus reading Matthes’ longform about 22 Motorsports, she is obviously heavily involved in his program. She has earned this farewell too.

Post a reply to: Did Chad just have his Windham moment?

The Latest