Detroit sx

Hoseclamp
Fantasy
617th
"Super pumped" that the race is back. YEESSSSS! Im excited to take my whole family and the kids are older now so they will enjoy it even more. I saw the track map on racerx and it appears that the section going into the stands isnt going to be there. Thats kind of a bummer cause that was always a trademark for the michigan rounds.
|
canciaro
10/25/2018 6:38am
Yeah I really dont like the track layout, Iooks like itll be a quick track (45-50 seconds) and it was cool when they went up into the stands. It gave the round something different than most other rounds.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/25/2018 6:44am
The stands turn was cool from a historic perspective but hadn't added much to the racing the last 2 times they did it. This round will be a triple crown this year in case you haven't heard.
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
617th
10/25/2018 6:55am
early wrote:
The stands turn was cool from a historic perspective but hadn't added much to the racing the last 2 times they did it. This round will...
The stands turn was cool from a historic perspective but hadn't added much to the racing the last 2 times they did it. This round will be a triple crown this year in case you haven't heard.
I did not know it was a triple crown event. Not sure if thats really a good thing or not, but I'll be there regardless. I agree that the stands turn didnt offer much racing excitement, but it was just different and it was our little "claim to fame" that made our track special.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/25/2018 6:59am
Hoseclamp wrote:
I did not know it was a triple crown event. Not sure if thats really a good thing or not, but I'll be there regardless. I...
I did not know it was a triple crown event. Not sure if thats really a good thing or not, but I'll be there regardless. I agree that the stands turn didnt offer much racing excitement, but it was just different and it was our little "claim to fame" that made our track special.
I hear ya, I think it could have been executed better than it was. Not sure if I'm gonna go this year but triple crown is actually making me want to go more.

The Shop

10/25/2018 8:49am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2018 8:50am
early wrote:
The stands turn was cool from a historic perspective but hadn't added much to the racing the last 2 times they did it. This round will...
Mostly because they wouldn’t allow it. The first year they altered the first jump so Stewart with all
That momentum couldn’t jump 4 or 5 in. Not because Stewart couldn’t do it. They where worried somebody else would try it after Stewart did it and kill themself. Seen it right out of the horses mouth in the tunnel. The only separation that section could ever create is after the down hill.
Fonzarelli
10/25/2018 8:56am
Nothing better than the Silverdome full of two stroke smoke. How in the world did Detroit go from having two rounds in one weekend to having a year with no round at all?
KDXGarage
10/25/2018 9:02am
Fonzarelli wrote:
Nothing better than the Silverdome full of two stroke smoke. How in the world did Detroit go from having two rounds in one weekend to having...
Nothing better than the Silverdome full of two stroke smoke. How in the world did Detroit go from having two rounds in one weekend to having a year with no round at all?
Go to www.youtube.com and search for "Detroit". It won't be pretty.
motomad724
Fantasy
1031st
10/25/2018 9:07am
Hoseclamp wrote:
I did not know it was a triple crown event. Not sure if thats really a good thing or not, but I'll be there regardless. I...
early wrote:
I hear ya, I think it could have been executed better than it was. Not sure if I'm gonna go this year but triple crown is...
I hear ya, I think it could have been executed better than it was. Not sure if I'm gonna go this year but triple crown is actually making me want to go more.
IMO the Ford Field climb into the stands was never as impactful to the races as the Silverdome's corner section climb, hairpin turn, and jumps on the way back down to the floor. I was able to race it 5-6 years of the Dome amateur series and it was awesome (although I was like a fish out of water on an SX track). I appreciated them including it at Ford Field paying homage to the Silverdome, but I won't miss it being gone.
Looking forward to it being back for sure!
motomike137
10/25/2018 9:52am
Fonzarelli wrote:
Nothing better than the Silverdome full of two stroke smoke. How in the world did Detroit go from having two rounds in one weekend to having...
The Ford Family boned us when they abandoned the Silverdome. It was a perfect venue for SX and a much better location.
aeffertz
10/25/2018 9:58am
I’ve always wanted to check out Detroit and actually have seriously considering moving there while it’s still resurging. Maybe I’ll make it over there this SX season.
10/25/2018 11:03am
aeffertz wrote:
I’ve always wanted to check out Detroit and actually have seriously considering moving there while it’s still resurging. Maybe I’ll make it over there this SX...
I’ve always wanted to check out Detroit and actually have seriously considering moving there while it’s still resurging. Maybe I’ll make it over there this SX season.
move 40-60 miles from
Detroit any direction but south. Hop and skip from Detroit with much better living options.
canciaro
10/25/2018 11:40am
Fonzarelli wrote:
When the Silverdome basically closed for Ford Field not many people from the suburbs would think about driving 40 minutes to downtown Detroit, pay for expensive parking, and pray to god that your car had all 4 wheels on it when you arrived after the race concluded.

The city has gotten far far better in the last 10 years since the recession and DT is changing a lot with real estate downtime become a good property with millionaires investing in it. Hopefully that will make more people who used to go to Pontiac come down to see the race at Ford Field.

Also Im on 26 so I never saw a race at the Silverdome, but until this year the Detroit round was always end of March/April and it seemed like half the top factory were already injured for the season so as glad as I was to go to the race, I could basically guarantee picking the podium that night.

The 1st year they went into the stands when Ford Field returned was the best, every year after that it was really tamed down.
Muezh
10/25/2018 11:56am
aeffertz wrote:
I’ve always wanted to check out Detroit and actually have seriously considering moving there while it’s still resurging. Maybe I’ll make it over there this SX...
Yea you should. Im 15min from Downtown. Went to school there. Worked there. Played there. Its crazy how much its changed for the better. We're getting a room there for SX and just gonna make it a party weekend.
crowe176
10/25/2018 12:02pm
aeffertz wrote:
move 40-60 miles from
Detroit any direction but south. Hop and skip from Detroit with much better living options.
Yep, and if you're like most that live within 50 miles, you can still tell everyone you live in Detroit.. el oh el
blusmbl
10/25/2018 2:09pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
canciaro wrote:
When the Silverdome basically closed for Ford Field not many people from the suburbs would think about driving 40 minutes to downtown Detroit, pay for expensive...
When the Silverdome basically closed for Ford Field not many people from the suburbs would think about driving 40 minutes to downtown Detroit, pay for expensive parking, and pray to god that your car had all 4 wheels on it when you arrived after the race concluded.

The city has gotten far far better in the last 10 years since the recession and DT is changing a lot with real estate downtime become a good property with millionaires investing in it. Hopefully that will make more people who used to go to Pontiac come down to see the race at Ford Field.

Also Im on 26 so I never saw a race at the Silverdome, but until this year the Detroit round was always end of March/April and it seemed like half the top factory were already injured for the season so as glad as I was to go to the race, I could basically guarantee picking the podium that night.

The 1st year they went into the stands when Ford Field returned was the best, every year after that it was really tamed down.
All of this. For good or bad, downtown/midtown has been thoroughly gentrified. I've lived here since 2002 and it is pretty incredible how far the city has turned around, at least near the stadiums and up Woodward. There is still a donut of ghetto but the downtown area is nice.

Coming from the west side I would much rather drive downtown than up to Pontiac for races. The only thing the Silverdome had going for it was the massive parking lot. The parking around the stadiums downtown isn't as convenient.

Post a reply to: Detroit sx

The Latest