Detroit sx

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2018 6:18 AM

"Super pumped" that the race is back. YEESSSSS! Im excited to take my whole family and the kids are older now so they will enjoy it even more. I saw the track map on racerx and it appears that the section going into the stands isnt going to be there. Thats kind of a bummer cause that was always a trademark for the michigan rounds.

|

10/25/2018 6:38 AM

Yeah I really dont like the track layout, Iooks like itll be a quick track (45-50 seconds) and it was cool when they went up into the stands. It gave the round something different than most other rounds.

|

10/25/2018 6:44 AM

The stands turn was cool from a historic perspective but hadn't added much to the racing the last 2 times they did it. This round will be a triple crown this year in case you haven't heard.

|

10/25/2018 6:55 AM

early wrote:

The stands turn was cool from a historic perspective but hadn't added much to the racing the last 2 times they did it. This round will be a triple crown this year in case you haven't heard.

I did not know it was a triple crown event. Not sure if thats really a good thing or not, but I'll be there regardless. I agree that the stands turn didnt offer much racing excitement, but it was just different and it was our little "claim to fame" that made our track special.

|

10/25/2018 6:59 AM

Hoseclamp wrote:

I did not know it was a triple crown event. Not sure if thats really a good thing or not, but I'll be there regardless. I agree that the stands turn didnt offer much racing excitement, but it was just different and it was our little "claim to fame" that made our track special.

I hear ya, I think it could have been executed better than it was. Not sure if I'm gonna go this year but triple crown is actually making me want to go more.

|

10/25/2018 8:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2018 8:50 AM

early wrote:

The stands turn was cool from a historic perspective but hadn't added much to the racing the last 2 times they did it. This round will be a triple crown this year in case you haven't heard.

Mostly because they wouldn’t allow it. The first year they altered the first jump so Stewart with all
That momentum couldn’t jump 4 or 5 in. Not because Stewart couldn’t do it. They where worried somebody else would try it after Stewart did it and kill themself. Seen it right out of the horses mouth in the tunnel. The only separation that section could ever create is after the down hill.

|

10/25/2018 8:56 AM

Nothing better than the Silverdome full of two stroke smoke. How in the world did Detroit go from having two rounds in one weekend to having a year with no round at all?

|

10/25/2018 9:02 AM

Fonzarelli wrote:

Nothing better than the Silverdome full of two stroke smoke. How in the world did Detroit go from having two rounds in one weekend to having a year with no round at all?

Go to www.youtube.com and search for "Detroit". It won't be pretty.

|

10/25/2018 9:07 AM

early wrote:

The stands turn was cool from a historic perspective but hadn't added much to the racing the last 2 times they did it. This round will be a triple crown this year in case you haven't heard.

Hoseclamp wrote:

I did not know it was a triple crown event. Not sure if thats really a good thing or not, but I'll be there regardless. I agree that the stands turn didnt offer much racing excitement, but it was just different and it was our little "claim to fame" that made our track special.

early wrote:

I hear ya, I think it could have been executed better than it was. Not sure if I'm gonna go this year but triple crown is actually making me want to go more.

IMO the Ford Field climb into the stands was never as impactful to the races as the Silverdome's corner section climb, hairpin turn, and jumps on the way back down to the floor. I was able to race it 5-6 years of the Dome amateur series and it was awesome (although I was like a fish out of water on an SX track). I appreciated them including it at Ford Field paying homage to the Silverdome, but I won't miss it being gone.
Looking forward to it being back for sure!

|

10/25/2018 9:52 AM

Fonzarelli wrote:

Nothing better than the Silverdome full of two stroke smoke. How in the world did Detroit go from having two rounds in one weekend to having a year with no round at all?

The Ford Family boned us when they abandoned the Silverdome. It was a perfect venue for SX and a much better location.

|

10/25/2018 9:58 AM

I’ve always wanted to check out Detroit and actually have seriously considering moving there while it’s still resurging. Maybe I’ll make it over there this SX season.

|

10/25/2018 11:03 AM

aeffertz wrote:

I’ve always wanted to check out Detroit and actually have seriously considering moving there while it’s still resurging. Maybe I’ll make it over there this SX season.

move 40-60 miles from
Detroit any direction but south. Hop and skip from Detroit with much better living options.

|

10/25/2018 11:40 AM

Fonzarelli wrote:

Nothing better than the Silverdome full of two stroke smoke. How in the world did Detroit go from having two rounds in one weekend to having a year with no round at all?

When the Silverdome basically closed for Ford Field not many people from the suburbs would think about driving 40 minutes to downtown Detroit, pay for expensive parking, and pray to god that your car had all 4 wheels on it when you arrived after the race concluded.

The city has gotten far far better in the last 10 years since the recession and DT is changing a lot with real estate downtime become a good property with millionaires investing in it. Hopefully that will make more people who used to go to Pontiac come down to see the race at Ford Field.

Also Im on 26 so I never saw a race at the Silverdome, but until this year the Detroit round was always end of March/April and it seemed like half the top factory were already injured for the season so as glad as I was to go to the race, I could basically guarantee picking the podium that night.

The 1st year they went into the stands when Ford Field returned was the best, every year after that it was really tamed down.

|

10/25/2018 11:56 AM

aeffertz wrote:

I’ve always wanted to check out Detroit and actually have seriously considering moving there while it’s still resurging. Maybe I’ll make it over there this SX season.

Yea you should. Im 15min from Downtown. Went to school there. Worked there. Played there. Its crazy how much its changed for the better. We're getting a room there for SX and just gonna make it a party weekend.

|

10/25/2018 12:02 PM

aeffertz wrote:

I’ve always wanted to check out Detroit and actually have seriously considering moving there while it’s still resurging. Maybe I’ll make it over there this SX season.

J.Saunders144 wrote:

move 40-60 miles from
Detroit any direction but south. Hop and skip from Detroit with much better living options.

Yep, and if you're like most that live within 50 miles, you can still tell everyone you live in Detroit.. el oh el

|

10/25/2018 2:09 PM

Fonzarelli wrote:

Nothing better than the Silverdome full of two stroke smoke. How in the world did Detroit go from having two rounds in one weekend to having a year with no round at all?

canciaro wrote:

When the Silverdome basically closed for Ford Field not many people from the suburbs would think about driving 40 minutes to downtown Detroit, pay for expensive parking, and pray to god that your car had all 4 wheels on it when you arrived after the race concluded.

The city has gotten far far better in the last 10 years since the recession and DT is changing a lot with real estate downtime become a good property with millionaires investing in it. Hopefully that will make more people who used to go to Pontiac come down to see the race at Ford Field.

Also Im on 26 so I never saw a race at the Silverdome, but until this year the Detroit round was always end of March/April and it seemed like half the top factory were already injured for the season so as glad as I was to go to the race, I could basically guarantee picking the podium that night.

The 1st year they went into the stands when Ford Field returned was the best, every year after that it was really tamed down.

All of this. For good or bad, downtown/midtown has been thoroughly gentrified. I've lived here since 2002 and it is pretty incredible how far the city has turned around, at least near the stadiums and up Woodward. There is still a donut of ghetto but the downtown area is nice.

Coming from the west side I would much rather drive downtown than up to Pontiac for races. The only thing the Silverdome had going for it was the massive parking lot. The parking around the stadiums downtown isn't as convenient.

|

Nick
-2015 Grom grocery getter
-2011 Road King Classic
-2010 WR250X supermoto