Desalle vs RV at the Nats in 2013.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2015 9:16 AM

Desalle's moto finishes 5th, 6th, 5th, 7th.

Villo's moto finishes 1st, 1st, 1st, 4th.

Maybe racing on your home tracks is a bigger advantage than we realize...

|

4/19/2015 9:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2015 9:19 AM

I agree. Look at Roczen at mxdn for example. Hast he won every moto in his own class since 2010(his first mxdn)? While he struggled quite much early on in the US

|

4/19/2015 9:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2015 9:33 AM

Glory wrote:

I agree. Look at Roczen at mxdn for example. Hast he won every moto in his own class since 2010(his first mxdn)? While he struggled quite much early on in the US

I'm pretty surprised with how good RV was today, I thought this would be one of the hardest tracks for him. I hope he's alright.
Look at Covington, he's like 10-15 places further back then usual while RV was pretty much in the fight for the lead (except for Nagl in that 2nd moto)

The comparison with Desalle is stupid though. He didnt know Argentina and Thailand either and he didnt prepare or set his bike up for the nationals at all, plus he was in the middle of a world championship.

-sorry didnt mean to quote

|

4/19/2015 9:28 AM

Rv excuses coming from everywhere now

|

4/19/2015 9:34 AM

all the top guys from ether series are going for the WIN no matter where they go to race. that's the mentality of any top racer

|

4/19/2015 9:43 AM

jasen.bougher wrote:

This!

|

4/19/2015 9:46 AM

jasen.bougher wrote:

St Ann More wrote:

This!

Thanks for your insightful contribution!

|

4/19/2015 9:58 AM

Its obvious that the racing in Europe and America a very different. Lets be clear, Desalle was not in the same zip code as RV when he visited the Nationals. Nagl is kicking some ass --- mad props to him.

|

bd

4/19/2015 10:01 AM

Need us not forget.. RV didn't race the Nationals last year.....

|

" If I spent as much time as you guys do, tapping away at your semen stained keyboards... I would have all the answers too!

4/19/2015 10:07 AM

As long as you have something to hold on to, i guess...

|

4/19/2015 10:11 AM

a common denominator ,coming from the mouths of over the pond to here pro's.easier to adjust/race gps to usa,than usa to gps.
but ,we still felt rv would podium every week,every moto..or at best,have the fastest lap of the race.

|

4/19/2015 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2015 11:10 AM

jasen.bougher wrote:

Nothing new here, move along. I just want to make myself clear though. I did say RV was going to die today when I witness him almost throw it away in the 2nd turn of the first moto. He looked like he was riding over his head. I guess he didn't want to lose anymore.

|

4/19/2015 11:33 AM

overthebars39 wrote:

Priceless....cool

|

"If you don't crash a lot, you just ain't going fast enough" Danny

4/19/2015 11:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2015 11:50 AM

Desalle will have to wait till August to race on his home soil. Think he'll have a good chance of the win though. Then off to Glen Helen for Ryan's home race, should be good.

|

4/19/2015 12:11 PM

overthebars39 wrote:

How about stating why you disagree with my statement instead of making smug comments?

|

4/19/2015 12:12 PM

DOSE HE RIDE SUSUKI???

|

suszuki rm85

4/19/2015 12:14 PM

Alex wrote:

Desalle will have to wait till August to race on his home soil. Think he'll have a good chance of the win though. Then off to Glen Helen for Ryan's home race, should be good.

The GPs are tracks he's raced before. By your argument the Nat tracks RV raced on that I posted his results for arent home tracks either since they aren't Washougal.

|

4/19/2015 12:15 PM

tylermx967 wrote:

DOSE HE RIDE SUSUKI???

YAE HES BRAKE BRACKETTS TEEMATES

|

4/19/2015 12:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2015 12:28 PM

ChrisB10 wrote:

How about stating why you disagree with my statement instead of making smug comments?

Since you're asking so nicely:

The comparison with Desalle is stupid though. He didnt know Argentina and Thailand either and he didnt prepare or set his bike up for the nationals at all

edit:

And more importantly:
tannerellingsen
Couldn't be more pumped on @ryanvillopoto's effort today. He battled upfront against guys who grew up racing on tracks like this. Day ended rough but he's leaving italy healthy. #team2

This shit ain't over yet. It's a long season with still allot of points to score. We've seen that mistakes are easy to be made. RV still has a good shot at scoring some 1-1 races while the rest is looking for pennies in the dirt.
|

4/19/2015 12:48 PM

He did know Qatar and Italy though and he is used to the Saturday/Sunday format which RV said he's still getting used to so I dont think the comparison is that stupid.

|

4/19/2015 2:56 PM

How long before someone points out the one day Saturday program (thank you James Stewart) is not helping our National riders MX chops? First we supercross-ize our MX tracks then we go to a one day MX Lite format.

What's next SX race program format for our Nationals?

DISCLAIMER: I know everyone and their brother in the industry loves the one day format but I am not down and have never been down with the one day National program. Flame away.

|

"My philosophy is to have a really good time and never to let anything stop me from doing what I want to do.

Michel Petrucciani

4/19/2015 3:32 PM

The Rock wrote:

How long before someone points out the one day Saturday program (thank you James Stewart) is not helping our National riders MX chops? First we supercross-ize our MX tracks then we go to a one day MX Lite format.

DISCLAIMER: I know everyone and their brother in the industry loves the one day format but I am not down and have never been down with the one day National program. Flame away.

Who gives a shit about a one day format, 80% of the GP guys had dreams of racing in the AMA. Tell me how well these guys do when they come here and race our "SX" outdoor tracks. I personally think its awesome to watch are guys push it on our tracks IMO it really separates the guys who can go balls to the walls, unlike the GP tracks that reward patience and technical abilities.

|

4/19/2015 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2015 3:54 PM

The Rock wrote:

Park Boys wrote:

Who gives a shit about a one day format, 80% of the GP guys had dreams of racing in the AMA. Tell me how well these guys do when they come here and race our "SX" outdoor tracks. I personally think its awesome to watch are guys push it on our tracks IMO it really separates the guys who can go balls to the walls, unlike the GP tracks that reward patience and technical abilities.

Please tell me then just how did Lommel Teuchensthal and Latvia MXdN tracks reward patience? Tomac didn't look very patient when he rode brilliantly in the last moto of the Latvian MXdN. So US tracks are just balls to the walls and don't require technical abilities like GP tracks?

Cracks me up how people talk that racing on Saturday is such a challenge for RV. Was it such a challenge for our riders when we had a two day format?

|

"My philosophy is to have a really good time and never to let anything stop me from doing what I want to do.

Michel Petrucciani

4/19/2015 4:16 PM

The Rock wrote:

Park Boys wrote:

The Rock wrote:

Please tell me then just how did Lommel Teuchensthal and Latvia MXdN tracks reward patience? Tomac didn't look very patient when he rode brilliantly in the last moto of the Latvian MXdN. So US tracks are just balls to the walls and don't require technical abilities like GP tracks?

Cracks me up how people talk that racing on Saturday is such a challenge for RV. Was it such a challenge for our riders when we had a two day format?

Teuchensthal was extremely technical, looks like a pit bike track compared to ours, narrow and tight. Lommel we had nothing like that to compare to that in the AMA. Lativa wasn't that horrible for us but we lost, Martin also broke a bone on Saturday in case you forgot.... Also you could say we are at a little bit of a disadvantage at all those tracks listed eh, being as the GP guys do those tracks regularly and our guys see most of them one time in their life. When the MXdN is here we win every time and everyone knows that we will. You seem like the type of guy that was pissed when Larocco jumped the leap for the first time because thats not "MX".

Yeah I would defiantly say are tracks are more wide open, if you watch them and also listen to the people who have done both series it is generally expressed quite frequently. AC himself as said because of the nature of are tracks he would take the more powerful 450 over a 350, track prep is a key difference.

Where did I say RV could not handle a two day format?? How bad do our boys "MX" chops look in the AMA? I am fully aware that Roczen is are reigning champ but it took him a few years to get are easy "SX/MX" tracks down didn't it?

Just because RV is-int winning dosent mean our series is losing out it just means there different, they always have been. Desalle and Kevin were not even in the same zip code as RV on our different tracks.

|

4/19/2015 4:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2015 4:27 PM

Park Boys wrote:

Teuchensthal was extremely technical, looks like a pit bike track compared to ours, narrow and tight. Lommel we had nothing like that to compare to that in the AMA. Lativa wasn't that horrible for us but we lost, Martin also broke a bone on Saturday in case you forgot.... Also you could say we are at a little bit of a disadvantage at all those tracks listed eh, being as the GP guys do those tracks regularly and our guys see most of them one time in their life. When the MXdN is here we win every time and everyone knows that we will. You seem like the type of guy that was pissed when Larocco jumped the leap for the first time because thats not "MX".

Yeah I would defiantly say are tracks are more wide open, if you watch them and also listen to the people who have done both series it is generally expressed quite frequently. AC himself as said because of the nature of are tracks he would take the more powerful 450 over a 350, track prep is a key difference.

Where did I say RV could not handle a two day format?? How bad do our boys "MX" chops look in the AMA? I am fully aware that Roczen is are reigning champ but it took him a few years to get are easy "SX/MX" tracks down didn't it?

Just because RV is-int winning dosent mean our series is losing out it just means there different, they always have been. Desalle and Kevin were not even in the same zip code as RV on our different tracks.

Thanks for the civil exchange. Appreciate it.

First off the RV two day format comment wasn't directed to you. Teuchensthal was anything but a pit bike track. When I first got to Latvia I was unimpressed but after the first practice I was like WOW. As the day wore on it got even more gnarly

I wasn't pissed when Larocco first jumped that section at Red Bud but seeing the video of that idiot jumping 250 feet on MX track with riders on pissed me off big time. That isn't MX; and that fool put others at risk.

I contend there is a huge amount of talent on both sides of the pond and avoid like the plague "my dad can beat up your dad" discussions on which series is better. I also contend that the direction MX is going in the US is not serving us when it comes to the MXdN. The situation we have today IMHO in the states are the hybridization of MX tracks is increasing injuries while decreasing our chances at the MXdN. Not saying I am right just sharing my opinion as a 58 year old MX racer and lifelong fan.

|

Michel Petrucciani

4/19/2015 5:01 PM

The Rock wrote:

Thanks for the civil exchange. Appreciate it.

First off the RV two day format comment wasn't directed to you. Teuchensthal was anything but a pit bike track. When I first got to Latvia I was unimpressed but after the first practice I was like WOW. As the day wore on it got even more gnarly

I wasn't pissed when Larocco first jumped that section at Red Bud but seeing the video of that idiot jumping 250 feet on MX track with riders on pissed me off big time. That isn't MX; and that fool put others at risk.

I contend there is a huge amount of talent on both sides of the pond and avoid like the plague "my dad can beat up your dad" discussions on which series is better. I also contend that the direction MX is going in the US is not serving us when it comes to the MXdN. The situation we have today IMHO in the states are the hybridization of MX tracks is increasing injuries while decreasing our chances at the MXdN. Not saying I am right just sharing my opinion as a 58 year old MX racer and lifelong fan.

You seem to want our tracks to be rougher for our guys to do better at the MXdN, were as I don't care as much about a one off race. I love the MXdN, but I also love our national tracks they way they are, just like RV is struggling right now in the GP's although since Rd.1 he has been a 1-4 guy barring a crash, the GP guys struggle to adapt to the speed here. I love the differences in the two series I always have.

What LaRocco did was part of the evolution of the sport, there is no point in having the bikes we have today if we want to keep our tracks like they were 35 years ago. I am a little for the hybrid tracks (NOT UTAH) just because are bikes have advanced so much its cool to see what they really can do. That Idiot has the biggest balls of all time though!

Part of the MXdN problem is the constant disadvantage we are at, I personally think the MXdN should be in the US once every three years. So the GP guys can come and deal with what we have too, and as long as I am dreaming I want Pureto Rico to be a legit B team.

I Don't want to seem like a dick I am just sick of people on here saying the sky is falling because RV is not winning every race in a completely different series. We don't have to change anything IMO just like the GP's did not have to change when the USA was winning every MXdN.

|

4/19/2015 5:18 PM

Great post and you don't seem like a dick at all. I agree that the sky is not falling pending RV starting Valkenswaard and finishing on the box. Before that crash (DAMN that was rude) I definitely had him picked for the O/A. Still can happen if he isn't too banged up. Personally I hope the greatest comeback story script that has even been written will be RV's 2015 MXGP adventure.

I keep beating the dead horse about changing the tracks to explore if there is in fact a correlation between today's injuries and where the sport has evolved to. It is possible that even if the tracks were changed to more traditional AKA European MX tracks there would be no change in the injuries. It is crazy however to just do the same thing year after year. Just because we change the complexion of outdoor MX doesn't mean we're stuck with it forever. Keep in mind I am 58 so I fully appreciate if you think old school is the 90s how I can come off like I want a flat racing surface. Not the case.

|

Michel Petrucciani

4/19/2015 5:56 PM

What are you talking about? Who's bike was Desalle even riding?, DC said Desalle was on a vacation over here so he
decided to race & make some dough because of a break in the GP schedule.

He sure as hell wasn't on his works bike. Might of been a 450 right off the showroom floor or another practice bike.
Davey paid him in cash to avoid all those direct deposit or out of country checks to avoid headaches. I could not
believe he finished that high.

he finished 5th,6th,5th,7th, hell he must of beat some of our factory riders on a bike that wasn't even his.

|

Who Ever Dies With The Most Toys Wins...
No Point Waiting Till Then... Newman Wins