Des Nations at Red Bud, I had to cancel plans.

MudPup545
Edited Date/Time 10/13/2018 4:50am
So....on the day it was officially announced I called and booked a room.
On the day tickets went on sale, I was online to buy them.
I am (was) very excited over this. Been dreaming of the MXdN at Red Bud for years. It was a fans dream come true.
And then....my son's school essay was selected as a winner for an unbelievable, once in a lifetime opportunity. He will be laying a wreath upon the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier that weekend in Washington DC. His mom and I are bursting with pride over this. So.....sorry MXdN....we're off to DC that weekend. This is an amazing, once in a lifetime chance.
|
mws02
6/12/2018 7:53am
Congrats to your son. Something like that is a huge, and rare opportunity. Another US MXDN will happen down the line.
Donovan759
6/12/2018 7:54am
Very cool! Congrats to your son! That's such a high honor.
newmann
6/12/2018 9:50am
Well, at least it was an easy choice.Wink Congrats to the little one.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
6/12/2018 9:53am
nice.congratulations..just catch the race on the internets..

The Shop

FuzzyLogic
6/12/2018 9:57am
Congratulations, that's a nice honor.

So, are you looking to sell your room and ticket package?
billyp330
6/12/2018 10:35am
FuzzyLogic wrote:

i'd also like to know.

And congrats! That is awesome!
MotoX85
6/12/2018 12:04pm
MudPup545 wrote:
So....on the day it was officially announced I called and booked a room. On the day tickets went on sale, I was online to buy them...
I am (was) very excited over this. Been dreaming of the MXdN at Red Bud for years. It was a fans dream come true.
And then....my son's school essay was selected as a winner for an unbelievable, once in a lifetime opportunity. He will be laying a wreath upon the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier that weekend in Washington DC. His mom and I are bursting with pride over this. So.....sorry MXdN....we're off to DC that weekend. This is an amazing, once in a lifetime chance.
Not sure there was even a thought. This 29 year retired disabled veteran thanks you and your son
MudPup545
6/12/2018 12:17pm
FuzzyLogic wrote:

billyp330 wrote:
i'd also like to know.

And congrats! That is awesome!
Thank you. As of right now we have friends here close to home that want them. If it falls through I will in all honesty keep you in mind. I know some motoheads here will snatch them up, especially with having a room already set.
MudPup545
6/12/2018 12:25pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Not sure there was even a thought. This 29 year retired disabled veteran thanks you and your son
Thank you. I am also a Veteran (Navy) and so was my grandpa (Navy WWII). This is huge to me. I've tried to instill in my kids how important it is to honor and respect those that keep us free. And to those that made the ultimate sacrifice. My son is pretty humble and I'm not sure if he really gets how a big of a deal this is. I'm certain when the moment comes it'll hit home.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/12/2018 12:50pm
You're right, MudPup. He'll get it eventually.
The same happened to me, very recently. I was at another unknown soldier's tomb in Washington Square (Philadelphia) last year when it really hit me. I've always been proud of our vets and respectful for the dead, but this time it moved me to tears.
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
6/12/2018 8:01pm
MudPup545 wrote:
So....on the day it was officially announced I called and booked a room. On the day tickets went on sale, I was online to buy them...
Send me a pm with the dates you and your family will be in DC. I may be able to help the well deserving son and his parents get a tour of another historical site.
Bermworm
6/12/2018 10:55pm
MudPup545 wrote:
So cool congratulations to your son and to you and your wife enjoy.
Doddy
6/12/2018 11:21pm
Congratulations! What an honor.
Mit12
6/12/2018 11:24pm
That is awesome! Congratulations!
motomike137
6/13/2018 3:57am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2018 3:57am
Mudpup, thanks to you and your grandfather for your service. What an honor to be able to go do what your are going to do!
MXD
6/13/2018 6:00am
Congrats to your son and your family. The MXdN isn't even a blip on that radar.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
6/13/2018 6:58am
Thank you so much for your service to our country!
kkawboy14
6/13/2018 7:17am
I mean that race only comes around once a year.....that monument will be there all the time..... Smile
HusqFan3
6/13/2018 7:24am
MudPup545 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, am i to infer your son wouldn’t be permitted to lay a wreath at the site any other day of the year?
MudPup545
6/14/2018 1:17pm
Electro21 wrote:
Send me a pm with the dates you and your family will be in DC. I may be able to help the well deserving son and...
Send me a pm with the dates you and your family will be in DC. I may be able to help the well deserving son and his parents get a tour of another historical site.
PM sent. I think?
dkg
6/14/2018 1:19pm
Congrats. I'd love to read the essay. Care to share?
MudPup545
6/15/2018 10:14am
MudPup545 wrote:
HusqFan3 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, am i to infer your son wouldn’t be permitted to lay a wreath at the site any other day of the year?
He's going as part of a class trip. The date has been locked in since November. They are on a pretty tight schedule with an intenary to follow. So this isn't something we can just show up for any other day for or reschedule.
MudPup545
6/15/2018 10:19am
dkg wrote:
Congrats. I'd love to read the essay. Care to share?
Funny you should mention. Last night in the car I said to him, "Hey...where is the paper you wrote?"
"I don't know dad, I think Mrs. *Doe* still has it."
I replied...."You are going to get it back right?"
His response...."Dad, it's the first day of summer vacation, do I have to think about school?"
*Sigh* ....lol...
B DUB 333
6/15/2018 12:10pm
MudPup545 wrote:
I'd much rather celebrate your son's accomplishment. Yeah the des nations is bitchin and I'd hate to miss anytime they come to the states, but smart kids are even rarer these days. My oldest son just graduated high school with honors, he would've been valedictorian but apparently they put the kibosh on that since it hurt other kids feelings.... now they give medals and a signed certificate from the prez and the head of public schools. I guess it's better than nothing and I'm glad all the kids at least get noticed that work hard to get good grades, but my point is that you've obviously been doing your job as a parent, that award is huge for both of you. Motocross is great but it's a few laps down to seeing your kids succeed in this weak kneed society we've built for our kids. Congrats my man.
B DUB 333
6/15/2018 12:14pm
Oh, and this thread is why moto rules, love the responses you've gotten. There's a time to clown and a time to be serious.
500guy
6/15/2018 12:44pm
I took my Son who was 18 at the time to MXdN at Budds Creek , We also visited Arlington and the changing of the guard at the tomb.

it made a big impact on both of us. There are things in life that seem important until something like this put them into perspective.

Congrats on the Award !!!!!!
MudPup545
10/13/2018 4:50am

A truly incredible experience. It left me in tears and full of pride. Arlington Cemetery is a powerful place. So glad we did this instead of MXdN. Our nation's capital is a place that all Americans need to experience.

Post a reply to: Des Nations at Red Bud, I had to cancel plans.

The Latest