Derek Harris – good/bad reviews

7/23/2019 4:48am
What there is not enough of in this thread, is customers admitting that some customers are just dicks!

Ive had my share too..
Last year a guy brought me his seized 85SX motor. Apparently he'd done two laps of practice at the last event and it seized the crank. He needed it repaired for next sunday.

That week I fitted a new OEM rod kit, OEM mains, OEM seals, Vertex piston kit, OEM gaskets and he happily took the motor away the following saturday morning. I told him to dump the fuel he was using and refresh. He ran it up saturday afternoon without a problem, took it to the race on sunday morning, done two laps of practice & it seized again!

Now, he returned to me Monday morning fuming! Blaming me entirely, without any understanding that whatever went wrong last weekend had gone wrong again and it was due to his jetting/fuel.

After arguments and realising I was getting nowhere and risking a bad reputation, I sucked it up, done the job again F.O.C, absolutely made him promise me that he will dump his fuel & replace with fresh and check his jetting during a gentle run-in period. Until he knew 100% it was running safe he was not to stress it.

He did as I asked. The bike ran fine for the rest of the season.
But this experience made me really resent the job and customers. A paying customer rarely accepts that he's done wrong and thats a shame. They will always insist that they never made a mistake with fuel/oil mix and always insist that their jetting is "spot on" when in reality they haven't got a fucking clue about how it works even!
ns503
7/23/2019 4:49am
For the sake of the board I don't think I want to quote those short stories again - they've been quoted enough.

But if you are backed up with work for 5 months ahead, while doing some of the best work in the business, and not making any decent money, you are doing some things very wrong.

For fundamental starters...
danman
7/23/2019 5:46am
Mr Harris,
I'm sure you build great motors, but it's obvious you lack the business sense to manage everything in a timely fashion. You repeatedly compare yourself to Pro Circuit. This is laughable because Mitch has built an empire over MANY decades! You've been around a tiny portion of that.
What you should be saying is that even Mitch, the defacto king, has had rough patches where he got behind and might not have communicated the best. You might say, "I f'd up. I didn't communicate enough because I've been putting in 18-20 hour days for weeks on end.
There are tons of ways to approach this, but your responses don't look good to the Vital members. You look like an excuse maker that just wants to make it on your resume, which is pretty damn impressive. As a business owner, you have to realize, your resume is what 10-15 riders. Your BUSINESS is the other few hundred that you do work for at your $120/hr rate!
If you are truly months behind on work, maybe skipping some of the races to get caught up would be a good thing. Explain to your racers that you are behind and you'll be at their next race.

Just giving you some ideas, because what you're doing right now, isn't working and it's making you look really bad to a bunch of moto people, and word of mouth can do more damage than any amount of advertising.

My .02, whether you want it or not.
7/23/2019 6:21am
Probably. He deleted my post too
GuyB wrote:
There's a percentage of douchbaggery going on in here that leads to some posts (and posters) getting clipped. For example. People want answers. Derek posts a...
There's a percentage of douchbaggery going on in here that leads to some posts (and posters) getting clipped.

For example. People want answers. Derek posts a long and detailed response, and gets this...

If you're not contributing something worthwhile to the thread, or too lazy to read what the guy has to say, maybe it's time to find somewhere else to post. Stuff like that irritates me.
my post was deleted before he responded

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/23/2019 6:46am
Bearuno wrote:
Guy, did you catch Derek 'throwing shade' ( as the kids of today say) at Vitals assessment of some bike mods? And, his next comments deriding...
Guy, did you catch Derek 'throwing shade' ( as the kids of today say) at Vitals assessment of some bike mods?

And, his next comments deriding 'site's', plus the parts and modification industry in general?
Yeah. After a week of getting blasted in here (maybe some deserved, and some not), I'd guess he's not particularly happy with the site or the forum.
OldPro277
7/23/2019 7:23am
OldPro277 wrote:
Geez Gibby , I'm not quite sure I would compare being accused as a child abuser is equivalent of being accused of shady business practices,shoddy work...
Geez Gibby , I'm not quite sure I would compare being accused as a child abuser is equivalent of being accused of shady business practices,shoddy work and lying and ignoring paying customers. Keep in mind, there were at least 8 members that got jammed by him, and that's JUST Vital members ,who knows how many "outsiders" have suffered the same problems.

All that being said.... You're the boss and its your playground .
Your just mad I didn’t build your engine

Go kick rocks
moscrop940 wrote:
Good Lord. The way you talk to people you would think your engines cure cancer. You’ve had every opportunity to “right the ship” and just say...
Good Lord. The way you talk to people you would think your engines cure cancer.

You’ve had every opportunity to “right the ship” and just say you’ve made mistakes and are doing what you can to make them right.
Sure you would still have some people that are pissed, but you would have saved a lot of face....
Instead you double down and go on the defensive.

I am sure your engines are good, but no ones engines are good enough to treat people, let alone customers, the way that you do.
Oh boy Derek (and I emphasize "boy") --- Yet another clueless,arrogant response. I CHOSE not to send you my business after speaking to you and realizing you're just a pompous, know-it-all prick !! My 2 buddies got the same impression, and rather quickly as well.

And if you want to keep score, I have had 2 YZ144's built, a YZ 125 , a YZ250, 2 Husky 250's , a KX250 , a Husky 125, an RM250 and Honda CR125 all done since our "exchange" . Thats 10 engines built. Some were just a normal port /head work, some required extra machining to accommodate different reed block assemblies, etc. However, NOT ONE took longer than 15 days from ship date to back to my garage. Yes, we are an older crowd and have no Lorettas aspirations, but we were all Pros back in the late 70's and can still get around a track at a respectable rate. The important part here for you ,is that since we ARE an older group and have made our way in the world, we can afford to pay for our toys and not ask for the "next superstar" discount. All we expect are TIMELINESS, HONESTY, COMMUNICATION, along with the expected quality work. TOM MORGAN and ERIC GORR have provided me/us with all the above, PLUS they are both an absolute joy to talk to. I've been told that Terry Varner is also one of the good guys, but since I have had no direct interaction with him I can't vouch for that. The things these guys have in common is that each of them have been doing outstanding engine work for longer than you've been alive , which proves 2 major points, they know what they're doing and just as importantly they know how to treat their clients .

What we don't want is to have to track down our parts, beg for them back, be subjected to being called incompetent fools,etc etc. ,which seems you have those "qualities" covered, lmao.

To recap--- I just added up the slips from Tom and Eric , and it appears that I've spent almost $ 10k with those guys, and not once have I regretted it !!!

So......I'm thinking it is YOU that should go kick rocks.

Moscrop- great post !!
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
7/23/2019 7:51am

Go kick rocks
Unbelievably unprofessional
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
7/23/2019 7:53am

Go kick rocks
moscrop940 wrote:
Good Lord. The way you talk to people you would think your engines cure cancer. You’ve had every opportunity to “right the ship” and just say...

You’ve had every opportunity to “right the ship” and just say you’ve made mistakes and are doing what you can to make them right.
Sure you would still have some people that are pissed, but you would have saved a lot of face....

I am sure your engines are good, but no ones engines are good enough to treat people, let alone customers, the way that you do.
OldPro277 wrote:
Oh boy Derek (and I emphasize "boy") --- Yet another clueless,arrogant response. I CHOSE not to send you my business after speaking to you and realizing...
Oh boy Derek (and I emphasize "boy") --- Yet another clueless,arrogant response. I CHOSE not to send you my business after speaking to you and realizing you're just a pompous, know-it-all prick !! My 2 buddies got the same impression, and rather quickly as well.

And if you want to keep score, I have had 2 YZ144's built, a YZ 125 , a YZ250, 2 Husky 250's , a KX250 , a Husky 125, an RM250 and Honda CR125 all done since our "exchange" . Thats 10 engines built. Some were just a normal port /head work, some required extra machining to accommodate different reed block assemblies, etc. However, NOT ONE took longer than 15 days from ship date to back to my garage. Yes, we are an older crowd and have no Lorettas aspirations, but we were all Pros back in the late 70's and can still get around a track at a respectable rate. The important part here for you ,is that since we ARE an older group and have made our way in the world, we can afford to pay for our toys and not ask for the "next superstar" discount. All we expect are TIMELINESS, HONESTY, COMMUNICATION, along with the expected quality work. TOM MORGAN and ERIC GORR have provided me/us with all the above, PLUS they are both an absolute joy to talk to. I've been told that Terry Varner is also one of the good guys, but since I have had no direct interaction with him I can't vouch for that. The things these guys have in common is that each of them have been doing outstanding engine work for longer than you've been alive , which proves 2 major points, they know what they're doing and just as importantly they know how to treat their clients .

What we don't want is to have to track down our parts, beg for them back, be subjected to being called incompetent fools,etc etc. ,which seems you have those "qualities" covered, lmao.

To recap--- I just added up the slips from Tom and Eric , and it appears that I've spent almost $ 10k with those guys, and not once have I regretted it !!!

Moscrop- great post !!

H4L
7/23/2019 7:59am
OldPro277 wrote:
Oh boy Derek (and I emphasize "boy") --- Yet another clueless,arrogant response. I CHOSE not to send you my business after speaking to you and realizing...

Moscrop- great post !!
Bravo for taking the high road on your response & not stooping to his level of going & kicking rocks. Hopefully those that are coming to his defense could see what a douche this guy really is.
The fact that he is somehow comparing himself to Mich Payton in the same sentence is laughable as the member above posted. Also insulting to Mitch & his legacy I might add.
Rjk31
7/23/2019 8:16am
IDK who's looking worse, Guy or Harris ..
7/23/2019 8:27am
Save yourself the 10 pager. Admit your communication was poor, and moving forward you won’t be making the same mistake.

It’s easy to reel these threads in. Respond with solutions not excuses. Solutions shut the 10 pager ragers down.
7/23/2019 8:51am
8 vital members confirm having issues. Official reply is to kick rocks.

But let’s change the thread name so the poor fella doesn’t feel bad Sad
7/23/2019 8:58am
What there is not enough of in this thread, is customers admitting that some customers are just dicks! Ive had my share too.. Last year a...
What there is not enough of in this thread, is customers admitting that some customers are just dicks!

Ive had my share too..
Last year a guy brought me his seized 85SX motor. Apparently he'd done two laps of practice at the last event and it seized the crank. He needed it repaired for next sunday.

That week I fitted a new OEM rod kit, OEM mains, OEM seals, Vertex piston kit, OEM gaskets and he happily took the motor away the following saturday morning. I told him to dump the fuel he was using and refresh. He ran it up saturday afternoon without a problem, took it to the race on sunday morning, done two laps of practice & it seized again!

Now, he returned to me Monday morning fuming! Blaming me entirely, without any understanding that whatever went wrong last weekend had gone wrong again and it was due to his jetting/fuel.

After arguments and realising I was getting nowhere and risking a bad reputation, I sucked it up, done the job again F.O.C, absolutely made him promise me that he will dump his fuel & replace with fresh and check his jetting during a gentle run-in period. Until he knew 100% it was running safe he was not to stress it.

He did as I asked. The bike ran fine for the rest of the season.
But this experience made me really resent the job and customers. A paying customer rarely accepts that he's done wrong and thats a shame. They will always insist that they never made a mistake with fuel/oil mix and always insist that their jetting is "spot on" when in reality they haven't got a fucking clue about how it works even!
Certainly a lot of customers are dicks, but by all the posted communication, the dude whose experience triggered this thread, if anything, was way too acommodating with Derek.
gt80rider
7/23/2019 9:04am
After reading the reply from Harris... All I heard was excuses..... Anybody else in here play football? I guess he didn't... Otherwise he would know what excuses really are...

Dude complains about too much work and being months behind..... Lol.... Ummmmm.... Ever hear of expanding???? Dude could make even more money by doing twice or three times the work by simply getting larger.... AND.... Work could actually be done n a timely manner.... AND old boy could stop whining about no free time.... Oh and btw .. if u have no free time, that is your fault, not Anyone else's....

Dude talks about how fast his engines are, but obviously doesn't give a hoot about customer service.... what does winning at LL mean if everyone hates you????????????
Red Crawford
7/23/2019 9:08am
I love hearing about a small business that is so in demand that they cannot keep up. That's every businessman's dream! Lots of folks looking for jobs right now---should we send them your way?
dmm698
7/23/2019 9:46am
Please do not bring up locations of where he does his work or his personal life outside of the business (or there lack of) that he runs. As somebody who had a horrid experience I do not want to see another thread get clipped and the Derek Harris positive and extremely negative thread not be available for future potential customers to view before making a decision on what engine tuner to use.
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
7/23/2019 9:53am
moscrop940 wrote:

OldPro277 wrote:

Moscrop- great post !!
MPJC wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/23/361999/s1200_11E37542_6BFF_4E68_AACC_31A084E046EF.jpg[/img]

I just realized that this picture says "it's" and not "he's". "It's" implies that the thread is already dead and that we're beating the topic to death. That's not what I meant. I meant that Derek is getting his ass kicked so thoroughly (especially in this post by OldPro277) that it's becoming hard to watch. It was meant as an assessment of how effectively OldPro277 made his point.
Jbulz
Fantasy
4086th
7/23/2019 9:58am
For what it's worth, I can corroborate dmm689's story since we work together and I was extremely closely involved with the fiasco.

My summary of the problems were:
1) Embarrassingly poor communication
2) Broken promises and missed deadlines
3) Careless inspection of incoming parts
4) Careless inspection of Derek's supplied core parts
5) Shoddy repair and craftsmanship on the final product
6) Lack of effort from Derek's end to correct problems that he created
7) Unprofessional attitude, disrespectful posts on social media trying to save face for himself

My family owns an automotive engine machine shop and repair shop so I grew up in that environment - we did everything from race engines, to classic car restoration, to keeping people's daily drivers on the road. We had customers who were millionaires. We had customers who didn't have two pennies to rub together. We had to balance the fun, high-power builds, with cutting Jim's ford Escort cylinder head ASAP so the guy can make it to work the next day.

Your attitude and method of taking on more work than you can handle (or care to handle) reeks of someone who is OK with getting their "hooks" into a project, and then letting it sit once you know you have it locked down. If you need cash flow, then you have a reserve built up to work through when things slow down or money gets tight. Great for you in the short term, but pisses customers off who would have deadlines they want to meet (or that you yourself have provided!) Long term, you run your business into the ground once all your credibility is used up and bridges are burned. Then you end up like this - on blast on vital, I guess.

From your side: people can be difficult to work with or too demanding. Suck it up and welcome to business - if it was easy then everyone would be doing it. The customer is not always right, but if there is a trend like what we saw in the now deleted thread, I think you should take a long hard look in the mirror and re-evaluate how you operate. Lying to customers about being out at Loretta's, and then posting pictures of you hacking up some guy's 125 pipe in the shop just makes you look arrogant and foolish, and is frankly disrespectful.

You don't treat customers like dirt. If you have to prioritize work, that is fine - but you have to communicate that to the customer and keep them in the loop. If you screw up, own it and and make it right, don't talk down to people like you are some god of engine building. I have news for you - there are a lot of people laughing at the knowledge you like to spout at people. You're not the smartest guy in the room, and certainly not the smartest business owner either.

P.S: I got the "stuck" power valve bolt out that looked like a high school shop class took turns going at out in about 10 minutes. I might be looking for a helper if you're looking for a place to work after this blows over.
OldPro277
7/23/2019 10:04am
MPJC wrote:
I just realized that this picture says "it's" and not "he's". "It's" implies that the thread is already dead and that we're beating the topic to...
I just realized that this picture says "it's" and not "he's". "It's" implies that the thread is already dead and that we're beating the topic to death. That's not what I meant. I meant that Derek is getting his ass kicked so thoroughly (especially in this post by OldPro277) that it's becoming hard to watch. It was meant as an assessment of how effectively OldPro277 made his point.
Thank you MPJC. Appreciate the support. The truth can be hazardous to ones health if you're(Harris) constantly running from it. It will catch up eventually.
7/23/2019 10:11am
Derek you could literally hire somebody for 10-15 bucks an hour to run your office duties like answering emails, answering phone calls, etc... With how buried you sound like you are in work you should be able to afford it no problem.
seth419
7/23/2019 10:22am
GuyB wrote:
There's a percentage of douchbaggery going on in here that leads to some posts (and posters) getting clipped. For example. People want answers. Derek posts a...
There's a percentage of douchbaggery going on in here that leads to some posts (and posters) getting clipped.

For example. People want answers. Derek posts a long and detailed response, and gets this...

If you're not contributing something worthwhile to the thread, or too lazy to read what the guy has to say, maybe it's time to find somewhere else to post. Stuff like that irritates me.
Am I missing something? It looks like that comment was made to user "Question" and not Derek.
Premix
7/23/2019 10:24am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2019 10:36am
What GET ECU has not been returned with what customer. we have NEVER done such a thing. And if there is a claim as such -...
What GET ECU has not been returned with what customer.
we have NEVER done such a thing.
And if there is a claim as such - I need the persons name and info - and I'll search all our contact. and make that right.

I post under my real name. I don't hide behind my keybaord - and I don't post up all the absolute horsehit that is done to me ALL the time.
Maybe I should...but then again I think there a right way and a wrong way to do things and our wonderful customers who have supported us for year - come back regularly - and think we do good work are a testament to that.

So if you wish to talk shit - post up your real name. Post up where you work. Post up my invoice that you paid.

Or our fabulous race results at ALL top levels of racing. I truly believe our 2 titles in supermini in 2017 with Ty masterpool will be one of the last true privateer efforts in that class to do so. Call jerry up and see what he thinks about HP

Zane Merrett had a career best finish at millville this weekend and top 10 start moto 1 as a full privateer - with a top 6 start in second moto and unfortunate crash where I think he would have backed up his first moto. Since zane has been on board HP - he has consistently been mixing it with and sometimes beating the fully supported kids. Call zane up and ask what he think about hp vs all the "big talkers" and names he has had prior.

Tyler livesay, owner of the MX factory and a wonderful youtube channel led laps in the 125 all star at thundervalley aboard hp. Call livesay and see what he thinks about HP.

Call the nehiesers, who had been around the ringer, and see what they think about HP.

I've got a fabulous young lady Named cami samples running HP this year. Call her dad and see what he thinks about HP - vs "the prominent" amateur 2t builder

I have a customer in new zealand running a premier team there. I wont' publish his name - as he'd prefer to keep his advantage. But over the course of 3 years now he has been running and buying HP - first started by him buying our package and testing it vs 6 other top US names - and has continued with him selecting us based of the dyno results backed up by fastest laps and moto podiums in their nationals. He is a continued testament to the effort and work that goes out the door.

I have MONTHS of backlog. It sucks. I hate it. It cost me money. It has cost me HUGE money in storage. It costs me time. It cost me stress - and I flat out can't stand it. And yet time in and time again - when I tell people Im really busy - they dont seem to believe it.
Last year a guy posted here on vital about how I had bad customers service on an ECU when HE didn't pay - and we DID EVERYTHING we said we would. 1 day turn around, email sent, I literally left a DAY later for loretta's for him in hopes he would pay - and NOPE.
And that's my fault?

I get asked all the time - Im told your the only guy in the area who can do this - I don't care if your busy can you do it.
I have a big heart. It's hard to tell a dad who buys a used bike for his 13 year old kids birthday I can't help you - when I know the next shop that MIGHT will fuck the guy. That literally just happened before I hopped on this thread. Kids birthday today and the dad got scammed on a used bike he bought for him.

It costs me employees and un believable headaches there.
It costs time on the phone - which is just wasted time.
And email
And texts
etc etc etc
I NEVER take payment up front - how am I the guy fucking people when we dont even have payment?
I donate HUGE time to questions from people all the damn time. FREE. To those who have gotten that time - your welcome - hope it helped.

People these days think it's ok to call me all hours of the day and night, sat and sundays, get pissed if I dont get back to them on the weekend etc. Call PC and ask to speak with Mitch on sat or sunday.
Or have mitch do your work - see how long that takes.

I have customers who do vintage bikes and have waited YEARS for work from mitch. They don't come bitch and moan about it.

I fix an INSANE amount of these "other builders' work. I don't post about it. I don't talk shit about them. I can't possibly know what the situation is for them - and what the consumer TRULY did to them - or TRULY was willing to pay - or TRULY said he wanted or what was TRULY communicated.

This industry is hard enough as it is. People expect F1 work on cheap beer budgets. People expect the "pro circuit" sales experience with full time sales staff, customer interface etc.
But I would literally have to be 10 times the price to offer that - and just haven't learned how to do that. A pipe costs PC 200 bucks on a 4t

But the customer service and overhead adds the 700 to that.
I don't sell pipes.

I have a VERY shitty free time life now. I NEVER get my time. And I'd like enjoy life just like everyone else does but apparently I can't post on here because I have someone's engine?

The OP of this thread apparently took it down. Someone started it up - uttery pathetic. The OP of this thread has paid zero money to me thus far.

The OP sent a total basket case. Completey apart, parts everywhere, box had holes in it when it arrived. Little bubble mailers that were labelled "parts" that I assume parts were in - were ripped and parts were NOT in. I have multiple "witnesses" to the box that arrived - I have photos - and I certainly have every email. I never withheld the engine. I said the day I Read his email requesting his parts we would send it back - and I had my good friend reach out to him to accomplish that - I was headed to Milville to support one of my best friends - oh by the way he is a baja 1000 winner and multiple time podium finisher aboard HP engine and suspension services... for the only outdoor race of the year I will attend - where I could double duty to support Zane, support Skippy 168 on his lifelong dream and FIRST EVER outdoor, where I also GAVE him FREE support in ECU and bike tuning so he could chase that dream and we could be a small part of that.

Am I not allowed to go to a race?

Have I not delivered an assembled engine to the Kid? Nope sure havent
Has he paid 1 penny yet?
Nope.

Is it worth him paying me the 120 an hour straight shop rate for me to dedicate ALL my focus on his until its done? Hell no. That would be a 2-3k labor bill at minimum on an old RM125 that Im sure will be sweet when done - but unless Im mistaken - it's not some vintage restoration. And if it is - and that's what he wants - that's my fault. I should have asked up front if he wanted to pay that sort of money.

His first contact to me was to fix his leaking drain bolt and he would send me just the cases bare -

3 months later after it didn't show up when expected - it showed and the box (didn't find the envelop until much later due to how it was packaged) had no info to what it was. I literally thought someone was pulling a prank on me - i had no idea what the engine was and what we were doing.

I haven't read this whole thread - and Im not going to reply piece by piece. Get me the name and info for the "screwed" get ECU guy - and I'll see what we have regarding info on it.
So just pointing this out, Merrett on the Pulp show last night, thanked every damn sponsor he had, except you. Odd.....
Premix
7/23/2019 10:41am
Nor is Merrett running the HP stickers on his motor anymore. Odd.....

Lakewood:

Red Bud:

Hangtown:

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/23/2019 10:47am
Premix wrote:
Nor is Merrett running the HP stickers on his motor anymore. Odd..... Lakewood: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/23/362074/s1200_1573A72E_B1F6_4C1C_9561_06AD9D467D7A.jpg[/img] Red Bud: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/23/362072/s1200_77C1453C_3C08_4B1D_9963_43CFFAB3A943.jpg[/img] Hangtown: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/23/362073/s1200_FCF27B66_220F_4B38_9B36_EBECA83B70E8.jpg[/img]
Nor is Merrett running the HP stickers on his motor anymore. Odd.....

Lakewood:

Red Bud:

Hangtown:

Power washed off and too busy to send new stickers.
whyZ
7/23/2019 11:21am
Derek you could literally hire somebody for 10-15 bucks an hour to run your office duties like answering emails, answering phone calls, etc... With how buried...
Derek you could literally hire somebody for 10-15 bucks an hour to run your office duties like answering emails, answering phone calls, etc... With how buried you sound like you are in work you should be able to afford it no problem.
Normally, a logical way going about expanding a business. But from what I've been reading, how'd you like to work for this tool? Being roasted on a moto forum is one thing, but the City, County, State and Feds don't care what your resume is, or who's bike you worked on. There's a lot that goes into running a business...properly and successfully, and DH doesn't have it. Keep working out of the trunk of your car kid.
Question
7/23/2019 12:01pm
Probably. He deleted my post too
GuyB wrote:

Sorry GuyB, it was a reply on my post, not on Derek's. That may help DKmxFAN to get back to us Wink

I did a very long post because someone with a 3 post account + like 10 downvotes called BS when I told that delays happen sometimes so I detailed a bit some experiences.

Now just for a little laugh, the french new generation (EPR) of nuclear power plant at Flamanville has a 10 years delay, and about 6.7 billion dollars of extra cost so far. And it is a true story from a company of 154.000 employees !
7/23/2019 12:26pm
You have no idea how I treat people Maybe stick to what you do know. I bend over backwards time and time again to help people...
You have no idea how I treat people
Maybe stick to what you do know.

I bend over backwards time and time again to help people and quite honestly I’m tired of it.
I pull all nighters so kids can go racing the next day
I help tons of people trackside for free when needed
We give local kids parts help and support on labor

I even help the competition. St js7 I remapped curren Thurman’s ecu for him and munn racing for no charge - no love - I don’t have anything to do with his engines or builder - and fixed the problem for him/his builder

I did the same for josh at ebr the same week on another ecu for one of their guys when joshs lap top broke.

A couple years back I fixed jace Kesslers husky 85 for free at js7 so he could race.

we routinely give free riding help and lessons when I can get to the track.
I drove 12 hours round trip so Zane could get a race bike this year

We support our customers to a level that very very few shops do - and it’s one of the many reasons I’m very busy.

I mean really? Taking a thread on vital as a reflection of literally thousands of customers - most of which who come back? I literally could not survive in this industry if we did poor work and treated people poorly

Maybe you should actually meet me - spend a day at the shop - before you pass judgment
They'd never meet you, they just want to join the mob and bash you. From what I've gathered, there have been some customers that have had some bad experiences, and others that have have great experiences. Of course, any customer that comes on here and says it was great will get down voted.
Moto520
7/23/2019 1:01pm
Running a shop dedicated to motocross is a tough business. We expect the best but aren't willing to pay for it. This industry is definitely not about making shitloads of money.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/23/2019 1:13pm
GuyB wrote:

seth419 wrote:
Am I missing something? It looks like that comment was made to user "Question" and not Derek.
Your not, GuyB did

Post a reply to: Derek Harris – good/bad reviews

The Latest