Derek Harris – good/bad reviews

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2019 6:53 AM

The first one went 11 pages and got whacked by the OP
The second one went from 3 pages to just 1 page with only 5 replies and shows "locked"-- what is going on here ??

|

7/21/2019 7:01 AM

I guess the discussion came to an end. Why flog the horse further.

|

7/21/2019 7:04 AM

OldPro277 wrote:

The first one went 11 pages and got whacked by the OP
The second one went from 3 pages to just 1 page with only 5 replies and shows "locked"-- what is going on here ??

It was his thread. He can do what he wants with it. The people yelling at him for deleting it need to check themselves.

I never saw the original thread. But the feeding frenzy is a little over the top.

|

7/21/2019 7:38 AM

What did I miss? Who is Derek “Scammer” Harris?

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

7/21/2019 7:43 AM

Man, I have to go riding but with comments already being deleted in this thread, I'm afraid to miss the fireworks!

My only comment on this will be that I don't believe the op of the original thread about Harris Performance should be attacked for deleting his thread. If he reached an agreeable solution with Derek than so be it.

|

7/21/2019 7:56 AM

Bummer the original was dumped by OP as people need to know what shops they need to stay away from.

Has anyone here had a positive experience with work done by Derek Harris?

|

7/21/2019 7:57 AM

slipdog wrote:

Man, I have to go riding but with comments already being deleted in this thread, I'm afraid to miss the fireworks!

My only comment on this will be that I don't believe the op of the original thread about Harris Performance should be attacked for deleting his thread. If he reached an agreeable solution with Derek than so be it.

Is that the same as the guy that abuses the young boy but because he apologises to him it’s ok not to tell the police & warn everyone else about what he gets up to?

|

7/21/2019 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 8:18 AM

slipdog wrote:

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Is that the same as the guy that abuses the young boy but because he apologises to him it’s ok not to tell the police & warn everyone else about what he gets up to?

Umm.. no it's not the same as that at all.

It is a business transaction. If the two parties come to what they think is an equitable (enough) solution, that's up to them. I don't know how it compares to child abuse in any way.

|

7/21/2019 8:16 AM

Let me be clear that I started the 2nd thread, and I can assure you did NOT lock or edit a single thing on that thread

I just woke up to this and was shocked to see that the thread was gutted and locked

I don’t know what’s goin on, but something is....

|

shit'll buff out

7/21/2019 8:24 AM

moscrop940 wrote:

Let me be clear that I started the 2nd thread, and I can assure you did NOT lock or edit a single thing on that thread

I just woke up to this and was shocked to see that the thread was gutted and locked

Wow-- over half of the posts in this part 3 t thread have been whacked already. What I don't understand is that other "Warning "threads such as the infamous CR500 aluminum frame hack can make it into the "Hall of Fame" while this subject (which actually would affect a much broader spectrum of readers) is getting sliced,diced and thrown away.

|

7/21/2019 8:33 AM

moscrop940 wrote:

The problem is, and you can see it in this thread already, people are attacking the OP of the 11 pager for deleting the thread under his own will.

As somebody who was vested in the original thread because I spent some time outlining my pain staking experience with Harris, I was equally as bummed to see I taken down.

What’s done is done. I plan at some point when I’m back at a PC to outline my experience with Harris in my own thread. But if folks keep bashing the original poster of the RM thread, Or posting Derek’s photo or home/shop etc, it’ll be whacked again (and for good reason), and then nobody will be able to find fair warning about attempting to utilize Harris performance’s services, or there lack of.

|

7/21/2019 8:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 8:42 AM

I must have missed some stuff, and I don’t agree with attacking the OP. However I do wish he would have left the thread up, and let it come full circle by editing his original post to include the resolution. That way other members would know to proceed with caution when dealing with HP.

|

7/21/2019 8:46 AM

moscrop940 wrote:

Sometimes I edit to the meat of the subject, and get rid of the fluff and nonsense.

|

7/21/2019 8:47 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Do you have a particular interest in this thread? Or are you just trying to muck it up for your own entertainment?

|

7/21/2019 9:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 9:08 AM

I don't know the beef exactly, but if I understand the situation, the first thread was about a year ago ; from what I can remember, the original OP aka "cry baby" was mad because he didn't receive his engine quickly enough (for him) (because he actually did not send paiement quickly enough too), so while Dereck Harris was all week at Loretta (with limited internet access), the original OP posted something negative about him.

If it is that, to call an engine builder a scam because he didn't do an engine from a new customer over a week time frame, then I suggest the OP to send it to bigger engine builders so he can wait 1 or 2 months and cry all over the place... Learning patience is priceless, and will be required all life long when waiting to get promoted for a couple of years for instance. Learning respect can be paid at a bigger price too sometimes.

|

7/21/2019 9:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 9:11 AM

I think this issue is about a 5 month wait, dirty engine (that wasn’t dirty) and dirty parts (that weren’t dirty) engine rebuild.

Once Loretta’s is over I’ll mail you back your engine.....work didn’t get done.

Could be wrong tho. Might of missed some weed whacking

|

GP740
Since 1987

7/21/2019 9:10 AM

Question wrote:

I don't know the beef exactly, but if I understand the situation, the first thread was about a year ago ; from what I can remember, the original OP aka "cry baby" was mad because he didn't receive his engine quickly enough (for him) (because he actually did not send paiement quickly enough too), so while Dereck Harris was all week at Loretta (with limited internet access), the original OP posted something negative about him.

If it is that, to call an engine builder a scam because he didn't do an engine from a new customer over a week time frame, then I suggest the OP to send it to bigger engine builders so he can wait 1 or 2 months and cry all over the place... Learning patience is priceless, and will be required all life long when waiting to get promoted for a couple of years for instance. Learning respect can be paid at a bigger price too sometimes.

That’s not it.

|

7/21/2019 9:17 AM

Question wrote:

Harris has done some of my motors over there the years. And I don’t have a problem with him it usually take about a week or 2. But if you call him with any questions he will answer them over the phone and he is at most of the local races. Also he builds a killer yz144
Side note just got my motor redone by a big factory shop in Houston and it took a month and half to get fixed so one or two weeks is not bad

|

7/21/2019 9:33 AM

Question wrote:

Not even close.

|

7/21/2019 9:44 AM

Question wrote:

Swing and a miss...

|

7/21/2019 9:48 AM

Personally I wouldn't consider his work he comes across as an arrogant pompous ass.. Not surprised about reading on some of the scam stuff he is pulling on customers. I believe it is the same guy that was associated somehow with another scammer that went by the username name KPracing out of Wisconsin. Both were selling a Stic metering block for 2t's.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

7/21/2019 9:50 AM

moscrop940 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Sometimes I edit to the meat of the subject, and get rid of the fluff and nonsense.

While I don’t disagree with you knocking out a few comments, is there a reason the thread was locked?

|

shit'll buff out

7/21/2019 9:58 AM

In the Middle Ages if you messed up badly enough you were put in stocks in the middle of town so others could mock and shame you. The internet gives us a very effective - and more far-teaching - replacement. I suspect that in both cases, some people will be disappointed if someone else spoils their fun and ends the punishment.

|

Current rides: 2016 KTM 250SXF, 2017 KTM 350SXF

7/21/2019 10:02 AM

Question wrote:

O get off your high horse and stop prentending to be a hero.....Telling someone they will need patience in life is a load of horse shit when it comes to this situation
5 months for an engine build is insane, not to mention this Harris clown was strong arming the OP and belittling him because he had his engine, therefore he had the power.....that is until he got blasted on a public forum and his business practices were coming to light more and more every second as other customers were sharing their similar experiences.

|

shit'll buff out

7/21/2019 10:04 AM

Wait!

There are CR500s with aluminum frames?

No way!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

7/21/2019 10:16 AM

I can’t believe my post got deleted for stating the obvious truth in what I thought was a reasonable manner? I realize this is a private forum and the mods can do whatever they want but this is ridiculous. The consistency of this forum is right up there with the rule makers of our sport. I’ve never been clipped before for anything but if this post seems to harsh feel free to ban me for life.

|

7/21/2019 10:20 AM

Question wrote:

Incorrect !! Might want to refrain from calling names and ranting about something that you know nothing about. The facts were laid out, the OP was never out of line, IMO. He has WAY more patience than me, I would’ve lost my shit on Derrick. He handled this situation very poorly !

|

7/21/2019 10:23 AM

Elbows wrote:

I can’t believe my post got deleted for stating the obvious truth in what I thought was a reasonable manner? I realize this is a private forum and the mods can do whatever they want but this is ridiculous. The consistency of this forum is right up there with the rule makers of our sport. I’ve never been clipped before for anything but if this post seems to harsh feel free to ban me for life.

I think that some posts were out of line, such as those who said he has a punchable face. There was a fair bit of piling on with stuff that wasn’t really relevant to the topic and was just plain mean spirited.

|

7/21/2019 10:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 10:25 AM

Elbows wrote:

MPJC wrote:

I think that some posts were out of line, such as those who said he has a punchable face. There was a fair bit of piling on with stuff that wasn’t really relevant to the topic and was just plain mean spirited.

Sorry, I was taking about he original thread and misread your post. My mistake.

|

7/21/2019 10:25 AM

Question wrote:

You got so much wrong there I cant begin to correct it. But your post shows a very good reason the leave the original thread up and just post it to conclusion.

|

HAF