Derek Anderson?

Autismmx110
Edited Date/Time 12/19/2015 9:54am
I'd love to see Derek try the Nationals again in 2016 wondering if he's intrested
|
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
12/18/2015 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2015 5:50pm
He did Thunder Valley this year and got 31st O/A. I agree it'd be cool to see him try the full national schedule again, but I'm not sure if he can with his previous injuries.
S.Loyer
12/18/2015 5:59pm
He has a back injury that caused him to put racing professionally on the sidelines indefinitely.
ianhendry46
12/18/2015 6:29pm
He's enjoying life. He just recently got engaged to his long time girlfriend.
12/18/2015 6:55pm
I'd love to see him back racing the nationals too but I don't think it'll happen unfortunately.

Always liked keeping up with his series, seemed like a really good guy

The Shop

mx757
12/18/2015 7:36pm
He still throws a leg over a bike locally here from time to time, but that's about it. Hopefully we will see him hitting at least some of the local AX races for fun.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
12/18/2015 9:40pm
At Colorado last year Derek tore up his knee and had to have some surgery, but I don't think that is the last you'll see of him. It just took him back off the bike for a bit.

He's teamed up with Kyle Sommers who was the trackside and rider support tech at Race Tech for a bit of the time Derek was racing who is also in Colorado now and started Privateer Performance, a Race Tech Center in Colorado. He's handling the branding/marketing while Kyle handles the technical side of things working alongside the shop in CA he knows well from his time there. That's a part time deal for Derek right now as he has a full time 9-5'er like most of us, but hopefully it'll be his fulltime deal in the future.

In the meantime, Derek's building up a couple of 2 strokes (yes vital, I said 2 strokes) to race next year around Colorado and with him riding I'd be surprised if he doesn't race Thunder Valley at least.

Quite a talent, if you follow him on social media you'll see some of his skills on a bicycle and pitbike as well. I know as a sponsor of his, we're excited to get to continue working with Derek after his fulltime professional career has ended, pretty neat.

12/18/2015 9:48pm
At Colorado last year Derek tore up his knee and had to have some surgery, but I don't think that is the last you'll see of...
At Colorado last year Derek tore up his knee and had to have some surgery, but I don't think that is the last you'll see of him. It just took him back off the bike for a bit.

He's teamed up with Kyle Sommers who was the trackside and rider support tech at Race Tech for a bit of the time Derek was racing who is also in Colorado now and started Privateer Performance, a Race Tech Center in Colorado. He's handling the branding/marketing while Kyle handles the technical side of things working alongside the shop in CA he knows well from his time there. That's a part time deal for Derek right now as he has a full time 9-5'er like most of us, but hopefully it'll be his fulltime deal in the future.

In the meantime, Derek's building up a couple of 2 strokes (yes vital, I said 2 strokes) to race next year around Colorado and with him riding I'd be surprised if he doesn't race Thunder Valley at least.

Quite a talent, if you follow him on social media you'll see some of his skills on a bicycle and pitbike as well. I know as a sponsor of his, we're excited to get to continue working with Derek after his fulltime professional career has ended, pretty neat.

This is the kind of quality content I stay on vital for, awesome to hear this stuff!
Sidecar
12/18/2015 11:55pm
The big black driven to ride camper popped up in the background in a photo I saw the other day, poss on vital? Reminded me how funny that series was, will try and sit down over Christmas and re watch it.
bob567
12/19/2015 8:42am
The Driven to Ride series stands as the best documentary of the sport. Wish both Derek & Tucker the best in life and thank you for the inspiration.
richter28
Fantasy
164th
12/19/2015 9:54am
GD2 wrote:
He did Thunder Valley this year and got 31st O/A. I agree it'd be cool to see him try the full national schedule again, but I'm...
He did Thunder Valley this year and got 31st O/A. I agree it'd be cool to see him try the full national schedule again, but I'm not sure if he can with his previous injuries.
He was running about 8th when he got hurt and slowed down then eventually pulled off second moto. Total bummer but the guys got some speed still!

Post a reply to: Derek Anderson?

The Latest