Denver SX - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

Related:
Lloydcarter
4/13/2019 1:15pm
Did you not hear the part where he wasn’t able to test or ride all of December?
aeffertz wrote:
No, I did and I think it helps my side of the argument. If a rider hasn’t ridden very much, the poor results are because lack...
No, I did and I think it helps my side of the argument. If a rider hasn’t ridden very much, the poor results are because lack of seat time right? Or is it because the bike is bad?

If I don’t ride all winter, I’m going to be rusty in the spring or at least not as good as I was at the end of the year. If I don’t win my first race of the year, do I point at the bike and say that’s the reason why I couldn’t get comfortable or do I point at myself and say, I just need more practice so I am more comfortable?
I’d say you go back to middle school to fix those spelling errors
4/13/2019 1:16pm
aeffertz wrote:
So what would you call the PR they are doing now saying the bike is why he is having lack luster results? Can we trust anything...
So what would you call the PR they are doing now saying the bike is why he is having lack luster results? Can we trust anything anymore?
Was he not talking about riding the stock bike when he made that comment? Was he riding SX? Taking a new bike for a spin and trying to be the fastest supercross racer in the world on one are two different things. He never said the bike was bad. He’s talking about not being able to find the feeling he’s looking for on tracks that none of us who will buy the bike are riding. Keep hanging onto those comments so you can try to put him down for underperforming. He clearly still has the speed when comfortable.
VasageXx
4/13/2019 1:17pm
Look's like a completely new track and stadium crazy.
Premixed112
4/13/2019 1:17pm
IMPLIFICATIONS, dude!!!! Laughing I don't want to be another guy piling on RC, but that shit was funny

The Shop

plowboy
4/13/2019 1:19pm
VasageXx wrote:
Explain please?
aeffertz
4/13/2019 1:20pm
Did you not hear the part where he wasn’t able to test or ride all of December?
aeffertz wrote:
No, I did and I think it helps my side of the argument. If a rider hasn’t ridden very much, the poor results are because lack...
No, I did and I think it helps my side of the argument. If a rider hasn’t ridden very much, the poor results are because lack of seat time right? Or is it because the bike is bad?

If I don’t ride all winter, I’m going to be rusty in the spring or at least not as good as I was at the end of the year. If I don’t win my first race of the year, do I point at the bike and say that’s the reason why I couldn’t get comfortable or do I point at myself and say, I just need more practice so I am more comfortable?
Sorry, I’m on my phone and it’s cold outside so my fingers are cold and slow! I’ll edit the typos.
VasageXx
4/13/2019 1:21pm
VasageXx wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Explain please?
I'm just talking about the first session with the snow fall, now the suns out and no snow, just a crazy looking.
150ripper
4/13/2019 1:23pm
Ferrandis looks so good in the whoops
Lloydcarter
4/13/2019 1:24pm
aeffertz wrote:

aeffertz wrote:
Sorry, I’m on my phone and it’s cold outside so my fingers are cold and slow! I’ll edit the typos.
I’m just messin with ya man. You have valid points
150ripper
4/13/2019 1:24pm
VasageXx wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Explain please?
It looks like a so cal round, sunny and dry.
aeffertz
4/13/2019 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2019 1:28pm
Was he not talking about riding the stock bike when he made that comment? Was he riding SX? Taking a new bike for a spin and...
Was he not talking about riding the stock bike when he made that comment? Was he riding SX? Taking a new bike for a spin and trying to be the fastest supercross racer in the world on one are two different things. He never said the bike was bad. He’s talking about not being able to find the feeling he’s looking for on tracks that none of us who will buy the bike are riding. Keep hanging onto those comments so you can try to put him down for underperforming. He clearly still has the speed when comfortable.
I’m not even specifically talking about Tomac, it’s anyone who uses the phrase struggling with the bike all night/couldn’t get comfortable. The interview with his dad and some comments I see on here just made me have the thought. I don’t know why your seeing this as me trying to put Tomac down, I’m a Tomac fan. I don’t understand why everyone’s reacting like they’re emotionally attached and I attacked them.

My main argument is people saying “It’s 100% a bike issue” when a rider says he’s struggling with the bike. Personally I think the rider should be carrying more blame than the bike. Lack of seat time causing you to not be comfortable on the bike is not 100% a bike issue. It’s just a casual thought and mild argument.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
4/13/2019 1:29pm
250 A Qualifying 2:

WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
4/13/2019 1:34pm
Tomac looks good. Pretty good damn speed in whoops.
Ray_MXS
4/13/2019 1:35pm
aeffertz wrote:
I’m not even specifically talking about Tomac, it’s anyone who uses the phrase struggling with the bike all night/couldn’t get comfortable. The interview with his dad...
I’m not even specifically talking about Tomac, it’s anyone who uses the phrase struggling with the bike all night/couldn’t get comfortable. The interview with his dad and some comments I see on here just made me have the thought. I don’t know why your seeing this as me trying to put Tomac down, I’m a Tomac fan. I don’t understand why everyone’s reacting like they’re emotionally attached and I attacked them.

My main argument is people saying “It’s 100% a bike issue” when a rider says he’s struggling with the bike. Personally I think the rider should be carrying more blame than the bike. Lack of seat time causing you to not be comfortable on the bike is not 100% a bike issue. It’s just a casual thought and mild argument.
I agree 100%. While I understand bike setup is important, way too much weight is put on it these days. You didn't hear nearly as much about bike setup a decade ago but now it's such an easy go-to excuse when someone is having a bad night.
Ing
4/13/2019 1:36pm
35deg.? Wow, that's unreal. Move the whole series to Florida, it's about 87deg. right now.
280driver
4/13/2019 1:40pm
aeffertz wrote:
I’m not even specifically talking about Tomac, it’s anyone who uses the phrase struggling with the bike all night/couldn’t get comfortable. The interview with his dad...

Ray_MXS wrote:
I agree 100%. While I understand bike setup is important, way too much weight is put on it these days. You didn't hear nearly as much...
I agree 100%. While I understand bike setup is important, way too much weight is put on it these days. You didn't hear nearly as much about bike setup a decade ago but now it's such an easy go-to excuse when someone is having a bad night.
I️ think this adds to the thought that Williamson was part of the issue. The ‘19 is considered by most to be a great bike. Eli said the motor was better and handling would be better for Supercross. If Williamson made the factory bike more rear steer and stiff, that could be why he struggled. Will see what happens now that Williamson is gone.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
4/13/2019 1:45pm
450 A Qualifying 2:

aees
4/13/2019 1:47pm
aeffertz wrote:

Ray_MXS wrote:
I agree 100%. While I understand bike setup is important, way too much weight is put on it these days. You didn't hear nearly as much...
Best and fastests riders in the world says it is crucial with bike setup, but vital-people think they are overdoing it. Ok. Maybe formula 1 is also spending to much on r&d, should just let the drivers drive more and find that 0.3sec extra per lap. Or MotoGP.

Put a 1995 Honda 250 next to a 2019 ktm 450. It will be 5sec per lap difference.
plowboy
4/13/2019 1:47pm
aeffertz wrote:

Ray_MXS wrote:
I am a spode and can tell you for true...set-up is huge. I can only imagine how big a factor it is when tenths of a second mean the difference between winning and losing.
aees
4/13/2019 1:56pm
aeffertz wrote:

Ray_MXS wrote:
280driver wrote:
I️ think this adds to the thought that Williamson was part of the issue. The ‘19 is considered by most to be a great bike. Eli...
I️ think this adds to the thought that Williamson was part of the issue. The ‘19 is considered by most to be a great bike. Eli said the motor was better and handling would be better for Supercross. If Williamson made the factory bike more rear steer and stiff, that could be why he struggled. Will see what happens now that Williamson is gone.
I don't get that comment that everyone drops. You can't compare magazine reviews of a stock bike with a factory bike. Even more so, comparing reviews done riding MX, for a bike used in SX.

Anderson is still on 2018 top end on 2019.5 bike. Same with Cairoli. Herlings run different swing arm and frame. Troylee had issues dialing in 2019 sxf, same with bagget.

Put Tomac on his 2018 sx bike, and he would have been the sx champ 2019.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
4/13/2019 1:59pm
450 B Qualifying 2:

GD2
Fantasy
815th
4/13/2019 2:02pm
250 Combined:

450 Combined:

BobPA
4/13/2019 2:04pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
280driver wrote:
I️ think this adds to the thought that Williamson was part of the issue. The ‘19 is considered by most to be a great bike. Eli...
aees wrote:
I don't get that comment that everyone drops. You can't compare magazine reviews of a stock bike with a factory bike. Even more so, comparing reviews...
I don't get that comment that everyone drops. You can't compare magazine reviews of a stock bike with a factory bike. Even more so, comparing reviews done riding MX, for a bike used in SX.

Anderson is still on 2018 top end on 2019.5 bike. Same with Cairoli. Herlings run different swing arm and frame. Troylee had issues dialing in 2019 sxf, same with bagget.

That is a bold final statement. How in the hell can you prove that?
aees
4/13/2019 2:08pm
280driver wrote:
aees wrote:
I don't get that comment that everyone drops. You can't compare magazine reviews of a stock bike with a factory bike. Even more so, comparing reviews...

BobPA wrote:
That is a bold final statement. How in the hell can you prove that?
It is not. He would be as fast if not faster than what he has showed on his best days this year and as stable as the last 8-9 rounds of 2018. No other rider has improved. Case closed
280driver
4/13/2019 2:10pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
280driver wrote:
aees wrote:

I️ agree with you but , I do think that a good stock bike makes for a better starting point for a good factory bike than a crap stock bike. Based on comments Eli has made over the years about what he likes in a bike and based on what people (magazines, and regular Joe riders) have said about the ‘19, it seems to indicate the ‘19 starts out better suited for his style. If someone screws up the set-up, that’s not the basic bike is bad or the riders fault. It’s the person setting up the race bike. Like I️ say, lets see how he does with someone else setting up his bike now.
aeffertz
4/13/2019 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2019 2:18pm
plowboy wrote:
I am a spode and can tell you for true...set-up is huge. I can only imagine how big a factor it is when tenths of a...
I am a spode and can tell you for true...set-up is huge. I can only imagine how big a factor it is when tenths of a second mean the difference between winning and losing.
Set up is super important, I never said it wasn’t. Each rider sets up the bike for themselves, how can they not be the one to blame if they’re having set up issues?

If a rider is having a hard time setting up his bike, is that a bike issue or a rider issue? To me, a bike issue is a flat tire, weak or no brakes, lack of HP, burnt up clutch, etc. A bike that I set up incorrectly is not a “bike issue”, that’s a Me issue. That’s something I did and need to fix.
aees
4/13/2019 2:16pm
plowboy wrote:
I am a spode and can tell you for true...set-up is huge. I can only imagine how big a factor it is when tenths of a...
aeffertz wrote:
Set up is super important, I never said it wasn’t. Each rider sets up the bike for themselves, how can they not be the one to...
Set up is super important, I never said it wasn’t. Each rider sets up the bike for themselves, how can they not be the one to blame if they’re having set up issues?

If a rider is having a hard time setting up his bike, is that a bike issue or a rider issue? To me, a bike issue is a flat tire, weak or no brakes, lack of HP, burnt up clutch, etc. A bike that I set up incorrectly is not a “bike issue”, that’s a Me issue. That’s something I did and need to fix.
No they dont. They have about 5 other people reading of electronics, watching movies, doing testing with reference riders etc. They are limited to using certain factory component. The things they want changed could impact reliability, or costs, or not be available when season starts etc etc.

You have no clue have far from reality your statement is. It is not like when you and your screwdriver going out to test on a bone stock bike.

Post a reply to: Denver SX - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

The Latest