Haaker
Gerston
Graffunder
Kepple
Aaron
|
Broseph
10/19/2019 5:07pm
It’s frustrating that there’s no way to watch this either live or afterwards. Some of the best racing around and there’s no way to see it!
mmcmx
10/20/2019 1:39am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 1:39am
Did most of the US off road guys stop racing endurocross?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/20/2019 3:17am
Loved watching the races (all classes) live a couple of years ago.Sad

The Shop

Johnny Depp
10/20/2019 6:02am
Denver Overall

Blazusiak
Haaker
Hart
Gerston
Cullins

Hopefully Chris Cullins will drop in and give us some insight..
ccullins
10/20/2019 6:03am
It’ll be on Fox Sports 2 next month. Not as good as live, but at least it’ll be on TV!

Until then here’s a bad video I took of my kid during hot laps. Went good with a 3rd!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yA-Dl5T-mNE&feature=youtu.be

Taddy Blazusiak Wins Denver EnduroCross

Haaker and Hart round out podium
DENVER, CO (October 19, 2019) – Red Bull KTM Factory Racing backed Taddy Blazusiak came out on top of an exciting night of racing at the KTM Motorcycles Denver EnduroCross, presented by Fox Racing. A vocal crowd enjoyed a full night of close racing inside the National Western Complex.

New for 2019, the Super EnduroCross class uses a three moto format to determine the overall results and Blazusiak had strong 1-1-2 scores to take the top step of the podium. That second in the final moto came after a first-lap crash. Rockstar Husqvarna’s Colton Haaker finished second with 2-2-4 results. He finished a close second in the first two motos but a first-lap crash in moto three resulted in his leg being stuck in his bike. He managed to come back for a fourth to edge out RPM KTM’s Trystan Hart, who had 3-5-1 moto results.

For the second race in a row, Blazusiak got the day started by setting the fastest time during the Seat Concepts Hot Lap with a 48.618 second laps. Hart, TM’s Ty Cullins, Haaker and Beta’s Max Gerston rounded out the top five.

Hart took the Fox Holeshot in moto one with Cullins close behind. Blazusiak passed Cullins on lap two but it took him until lap five of nine to pass Hart for the lead. Haaker completed lap one in fifth and worked his way through the field to pass Hart for second on lap six. He closed in on Blazusiak but was not able to make a pass for the lead. Hart hung on for third. Gerston and Cullins rounded out the top five in moto one.

In moto two, the gate picks were reversed from the moto one results and SRT/Three Bros Husqvarna backed Noah Kepple took the lead and led the first lap. Blazusiak came out second despite the second-row start and passed Kepple on lap two. Haaker moved past Kepple on lap three and again closed on Blazusaiak but again finished a close second. Kepple held on for third in the moto. Cullins and Hart finished fourth and fifth respectively.

Hart came out of turn one with the lead in moto three ahead of Kepple and Cullins. Blazusiak had a good start but was pushed a little wide and then he and Haaker collided on the second jump putting them both on the ground. Blazusiak got up pretty quickly and rejoined the race and completed lap one in ninth. Haaker’s leg was stuck in his bike and it took him a lot of time to get going well behind the field.

Upfront, Hart rode a flawless race to take the moto win. Blazusiak managed to work his way up to second place on lap five of nine and closed the gap a little on Hart but settled for second in the moto, which was more than enough for the overall win. Gerston finished third in the moto. Haaker sliced through the field and passed Cullins for fourth on the penultimate lap. That position was just enough to edge out Hart for second overall. Gerston finished fourth overall with 4-6-3 results. Cullins rounded out the top five overall with 5-4-5 scores.

Taddy Blazusiak: “Awesome night, the racing was awesome, the track was good and the pro lane was good. It wasn’t too technical but still challenging to race on. The team did a lot of work with the bike since round one. I have been working really hard at home and everything went super smooth. So I am really happy with the race.”

Colton Haaker: “The whole night had a lot of chaos. The first two motos were pretty good and then in that final moto, I came out of the first turn with some stuff going on in front of me and I got in the middle of it somehow. It wasn’t my best night, I have had really good nights in Denver, I have always done well here but it is not always your night.”

Trystan Hart: “That was really good, it was the first time have been able to beat those top two guys straight up and I have been working at this for seven years now. So hopefully I can bring that to Boise and have another good night. That was my fourth time leading in the six motos so far this year and I was stressed out on those last two laps because Taddy was inching up on me but I was able to get the win.”

Haaker will go to the Boise finale next weekend with a two-point lead over Blazusiak so the championship will likely go to the rider that finishes in front of the other.

2019 Denver AMA Super EnduroCross Overall Results

Taddy Blazusiak, 1-1-2, KTM
Colton Haaker, 2-2-4, Husqvarna
Trystan Hart, 3-5-1, KTM
Max Gerston, 4-6-3, Beta
Ty Cullins, 5-4-5, TM
Noah Kepple, 8-3-10, Husqvarna
Nick Thompson, 10-7-6, KTM
Geoff Aaron, 7-10-8, GasGas
Cory Graffunder, 6-8-11, Yamaha
Mason Ottersberg, 12-9-7, Beta
Tim Apolle, 9-11-9, Sherco
Ryan Wells, 13-13-12, KTM
Branden Petrie, 14-14-13, KTM
Austin Schiermeister, 15-12-15, Honda
Spenser Wilton, 16-16-14, KTM
Wallace Palmer, 11-15-16, Kawasaki
racerxx276
10/20/2019 7:23am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 7:25am
Colton usually wins by t-boning his competition. Last year it was Cody , this year it's Blazusiak.
I was hoping he might mature over time but ...

This was a popular amateur sport until they turned it into SX. It's supposed to be ENDURO, not jumping...
10/23/2019 7:43am
Nice video.... the track's much bigger than I thought.

How was the whole experience? Pits? Show? Etc.? I'm 4.5 hours south of Denver... worth driving up next time?
DA498
10/23/2019 8:27am
Nice video.... the track's much bigger than I thought. How was the whole experience? Pits? Show? Etc.? I'm 4.5 hours south of Denver... worth driving up...
Nice video.... the track's much bigger than I thought.

How was the whole experience? Pits? Show? Etc.? I'm 4.5 hours south of Denver... worth driving up next time?
If your going to do a 4.5 hour drive id come for the whole day to watch all the heats and whatever. If they let you do that. The night show this year had less racing than the past ones i attended. Format changed a little. Therefore id be disappointed after that drive. Its a fun event and great action and ill continue to attend but im close.
lukaitis9
10/24/2019 1:50pm
I think they're good events.

We sponsor the series and I went to Denver and will be going to the finale this weekend in Boise.
moto45
10/24/2019 5:22pm
racerxx276 wrote:
Colton usually wins by t-boning his competition. Last year it was Cody , this year it's Blazusiak. I was hoping he might mature over time but...
Colton usually wins by t-boning his competition. Last year it was Cody , this year it's Blazusiak.

This was a popular amateur sport until they turned it into SX. It's supposed to be ENDURO, not jumping...
Enduro racing is supposed to be ENDURO...this however, is EnduroCROSS, which involves jumping.
ccullins
10/25/2019 6:59am
racerxx276 wrote:
Colton usually wins by t-boning his competition. Last year it was Cody , this year it's Blazusiak. I was hoping he might mature over time but...

moto45 wrote:
Enduro racing is supposed to be ENDURO...this however, is EnduroCROSS, which involves jumping.
That’s not really the point of the “cross” . Early Endurocross had almost no jumps.

Denver wasn’t too bad, finish line and one double.

Here’s the 2007 final, one of the best races ever! One small jump.

Taddy’s first ever and wins
Cody’s first ever and he’s on a trials bike. Loses transfer spot when he gets pushed out by Dowd
Colton also on a trials bike, you get a few glimpses of him in the red.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I-bl_DwR1Og

Final round Saturday night in here in Boise!
Johnny Depp
10/25/2019 11:24am
racerxx276 wrote:

moto45 wrote:
ccullins wrote:
That’s not really the point of the “cross” . Early Endurocross had almost no jumps. Denver wasn’t too bad, finish line and one double. Here’s the...
That’s not really the point of the “cross” . Early Endurocross had almost no jumps.

Denver wasn’t too bad, finish line and one double.

Here’s the 2007 final, one of the best races ever! One small jump.

Taddy’s first ever and wins
Cody’s first ever and he’s on a trials bike. Loses transfer spot when he gets pushed out by Dowd
Colton also on a trials bike, you get a few glimpses of him in the red.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I-bl_DwR1Og

Final round Saturday night in here in Boise!
Awesome race thanks for that! Wow it sure was bigger in those days, Knight, Taddy, Ahola, Huffman, Dowd, Sorby that was a lot of talent and the track was great. Full stands too!

Post a reply to: Denver Endurocross

The Latest