Denny's take on the tracks and James is spot on.....

rcm406
Edited Date/Time 4/5/2014 11:34pm
IMO!Woohoo

From racerx:

Onto Saturday racing and these East Coast tracks. These past couple rounds have been about two things: long, huge combo rhythm sections and almost as long old-school gnarly whoops. Throw in a bunch of 180 bowl turns and you have some of the best racing of the season. Have I mentioned I really appreciate the good ‘ol block pass the 180 bowl turn provides?

In my opinion, these types of tracks bring back the true meaning of supercross. Races were won and lost based on how big you wanted to go, and how fast you wanted to let it hang out thru the whoops. Supercross mains shouldn't be won with silly corner speed as much as they should be by crushing a quad, triple, triple rhythm section for 20 intense life-altering laps. These types of tracks clearly favor the #7. More on that in a bit, too…

The 450 main again turned out to be the Stewy show. James is back to his exciting, loose, confident ways on the motorcycle. His TV interviews have had me cracking up this year and I think I watched the Toronto round three times last week. I think Villopoto is still maybe a little bit quicker getting in and out of the turns, but there aren’t as many turns as their are jumps on a supercross track. With the speed James carries thru the whoops and his peg dragging scrubs on the jumps, he’s back to being the fastest man on the track—if not planet—again.

And how about James’ new-found popularity? The crowd was going crazy for Stewart when he put a little elbow into the champ. I love the fickleness of the SX fan. RC went thru it. Reedy went thru it. Hate ‘em one minute, love ‘em the next. Everyone appreciates the underdog. Didn't the #7 have a torn ACL last year? Clearly not a problem this year. The only thing I didn't like about watching the Stewart show Saturday night was that he only wore the red gloves in the heat and went with the black ones in the main. I like the red. I'm going to have to ask Seven brand manager Roger Larsen why they made that decision.
|
Racer92
4/3/2014 1:44pm
How dare James wear the black gloves !
EastCoastMx
4/3/2014 2:26pm
Watching JS7 was a thing of beauty on those tracks. It most defiantly separates him from the rest of the pack, but I worry about injuries to those with lesser skills pushing towards those limits (and to JS7). Too bad the 22 got injured; we could have seen epic senior skill level pro racing this year…….
Socket946
4/3/2014 2:50pm
Can you do RacerX, and the author a favour, and link the article, and not just copy/paste it? These guys get paid on clicks and traffic, not you plagiarizing it.
MT MX
4/3/2014 2:53pm
Yeah, I think the tracks are a bit different this years also. I know that doesn't carry much value coming from a guy who watches every round from his couch. The tracks this year though, seem like RV can't ride off the back end/tire of his Kawi like he has in the past. Daytona suited his style or riding and maybe that's why he clobbered everyone.

The Shop

ME686
4/3/2014 3:17pm
Watching JS7 was a thing of beauty on those tracks. It most defiantly separates him from the rest of the pack, but I worry about injuries...
Watching JS7 was a thing of beauty on those tracks. It most defiantly separates him from the rest of the pack, but I worry about injuries to those with lesser skills pushing towards those limits (and to JS7). Too bad the 22 got injured; we could have seen epic senior skill level pro racing this year…….
Dude so true. The new crop doesn't have a thing on Reed and stews ability to turn it to that magic level. We all know when it happens. Villopoto does on occasion but he's a friggin' bulldog type rider. Still badass.
manering
4/3/2014 3:43pm
reed will be kicking himself that he's missing out on these tracks
rcm406
4/3/2014 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2014 3:48pm
Socket946 wrote:
Can you do RacerX, and the author a favour, and link the article, and not just copy/paste it? These guys get paid on clicks and traffic...
Can you do RacerX, and the author a favour, and link the article, and not just copy/paste it? These guys get paid on clicks and traffic, not you plagiarizing it.
I said 'From Racerx"! If you cared so much, why didn't you post a link in your reply, lazyass! Plagiarized? Really?BlinkDryHuh

Btw, did you read the title to my post? That was the only part that had tracks and James in it. Why would I post the whole article?
4/3/2014 7:40pm
The tracks only have been good like this since after daytona.and i believe their so much better. There technical and thats why #7 is winning imo. Rv2 is unbelievable, but when the tracks have alotta crazy combos or quads thats where the #7 shines and his talents really out weigh his competitors. He pretty much dogged rv in st louis. Thats what sx has lost the last few years. They wanted to tighten up the racing and it did, the top 10 guys are all within a second.by doing that theyve made the tracks alot easier, hoping riders wont get hurt as much.all that has hurt #7, now they have thrown in a few technical tracks n james is killing it, look what happend at the mec. Rv crashed his brains out on that quad js was doing effortlessly. Hes gotta b careful the next few weeks cause if he trys to run with #7 on one of these technical tracks, he might be handing the title to the 7 bike, cause i dont believe rv is as comfortable doing those crazy quads and stuff. Well c
Bytor
4/3/2014 7:46pm
Yea Jeffro's link is good.
Racer92
4/3/2014 7:49pm
Bytor wrote:
Yea Jeffro's link is good.
Yep, good read.
Brosho
4/4/2014 1:50am
The tracks only have been good like this since after daytona.and i believe their so much better. There technical and thats why #7 is winning imo...
The tracks only have been good like this since after daytona.and i believe their so much better. There technical and thats why #7 is winning imo. Rv2 is unbelievable, but when the tracks have alotta crazy combos or quads thats where the #7 shines and his talents really out weigh his competitors. He pretty much dogged rv in st louis. Thats what sx has lost the last few years. They wanted to tighten up the racing and it did, the top 10 guys are all within a second.by doing that theyve made the tracks alot easier, hoping riders wont get hurt as much.all that has hurt #7, now they have thrown in a few technical tracks n james is killing it, look what happend at the mec. Rv crashed his brains out on that quad js was doing effortlessly. Hes gotta b careful the next few weeks cause if he trys to run with #7 on one of these technical tracks, he might be handing the title to the 7 bike, cause i dont believe rv is as comfortable doing those crazy quads and stuff. Well c
Exactly

It's been painful watching James Crash trying to squeeze out every bit of speed he could on the easy tracks which EVERYONE can do all the same jump combos. Fast easy tracks put too much emphasis on the Starts and absolutely mistake free rides in order to Win, and takes out Riders with Amazing Skills like James has.

Post a reply to: Denny's take on the tracks and James is spot on.....

The Latest