Delayed Concussion Symptoms?

ktmdan
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had concussion symptoms kick in a day after a hit to the head.

Yesterday on my drive home from work my vision got extremely blurry, I felt cross eyed as if I was about to black out. Then I was nauseous and dizzy all afternoon like I had the spins. I couldn't focus on anything and so I went to sleep at 7pm which is very unlike me. This morning I feel like I can't focus on anything. It's slightly difficult to focus my eyes on things but not as bad as yesterday.

The day before yesterday I got hit in the head pretty good playing soccer. I was dizzy for a few minutes but I kept playing for the rest of the day. I've had several big concussions from racing and maybe I'm more susceptible to them now.

I'm not convinced that my issues are concussion related but I just don't know what else it could be. I rode cycle ranch on Sunday and played soccer yesterday and it was pretty damn hot both days but I'm pretty good about dehydration.

Has anyone ever experienced this???

Feel free to move this to non-moto, or the vitard doctor section ...

|
Donovan759
5/9/2018 7:53am
I've definitely experienced the same thing. I have also had multiple severe concussions and am more susceptible to them now. You should probably go to the doctor just to be checked. But in my experience, what you were experiencing was more than likely concussion symptoms.

My concussion symptoms never used to last more than a day or two. But after my most recent one, I would have severe symptoms on and off randomly up to a year after the injury. I would randomly be driving in the car w/ my wife, get totally overwhelmed and dizzy, and have to ask her to stop talking so I could focus.

Every concussion can bring different symptoms (severity & frequency). And every person reacts differently to them.
I hope you feel better man.
5/9/2018 7:53am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2018 7:56am
You're not going to like this, but really you should go to the ER to get scanned. A lot of times symptoms of a bleed or hematoma are delayed. Are you on any kind of blood thinner? Do you have a head ache as well with these symptoms? Your symptoms can indicate a bleed. It's completely up to you, but if your symptoms aren't improving or especially if they are getting worse you should get it checked out.
greenmx5
5/9/2018 8:06am
I don't want to scare you, but I know someone who had a stroke while driving 2 days after being hit in the head and almost died. You can never be too safe when it comes to hits to the head, especially if you've had multiple concussions. Any time I hit my head anymore, I take every symptom serious and get checked. It definitely sounds like "normal" concussion symptoms and probably doesn't help that you were dehydrated. But I can't stress enough how you can never be too safe.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/9/2018 8:09am
Like Smashing said you should get to ER for test as a precaution. Not to scare you but it’s nothing to mess with and better to be safe than sorry. Legs, arms, etc no problem to see how things work out....head injuries you don’t want to chance it. Good luck

The Shop

a22
5/9/2018 9:01am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2018 9:14am
Definitely can kick in a day or two after. I gave my head a right belt on the corner of my estate cars boot lid whilst it was elavated- right on the corner sharp bit. Hit it pretty damn hard and just ignored it....

Bout 2 days later got really bad headaches and round my eye went black with bruising. I just stayed in bed with the headaches and they lasted about 5 days. Later a couple of people said (who probably have more sense than me!) told me it was a really stupid thing to have done just leaving it and should have got it checked out. Seem fine now but the headaches were pretty bad and lasted days. My vision also was kind of out of focus and sort of saw double.
Yea- maybe you should get checked out rather than leave it. I just hoped it would go away and luckily it finally did- really shouldn't have though it seems and from what others have said on this thread. Think can be serious and dangerous.

edit : yours sounds worse than mine- I too felt abit nauseas but not faint- yea defo don't risk it-I was probably just lucky but shouldn't have just left it by accounts
bvm111
5/9/2018 9:10am
Yes... go to the ER
kb228
5/9/2018 9:13am
No need to go to the er. Vital doctors are experts in concussions

Post a reply to: Delayed Concussion Symptoms?

The Latest