Define "Bro's"

peltier626
Edited Date/Time 3/20/2021 5:40am
Most of my interactions and folks at the track are of median income, well rounded, common sense folks. Mostly families and middle age guys that would not be classified as red necks or bro's. I'm confused as to the common stereotype and maybe that was the case some time ago but mostly quality individuals from all walks of life in our moto neighborhood.
|
JN137
Fantasy
455th
3/18/2021 10:37am
Two or more male siblings
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/18/2021 10:40am
Still plenty of "Bro's" in So Cal. You know them when you see them. Not the majority in any way, but definitely stand out the most. Out here their bike's are usually clapped out and blacked out. Pants/Shorts half way down their legs. Trucks look like pre runners that are half finished and have a massive Cali Lean/Carolina Squat with SRH/So Cal/Hostility/Metal Mulisha and some local wannabe clothing company stickers all over the back window. They usually try to start shit with you if you get on the gas out of a corner and they happen to get hit with a small piece of dirt that came off your bike tire. They use the F word constantly followed by "Bro" every single time. And they think they own the entire MX facility and you need to bow down to them.

I'm sure each state's "Bro's" apparel looks a bit different, but the attitude is usually consistent.
Chance1216
3/18/2021 10:43am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Still plenty of "Bro's" in So Cal. You know them when you see them. Not the majority in any way, but definitely stand out the most...
Still plenty of "Bro's" in So Cal. You know them when you see them. Not the majority in any way, but definitely stand out the most. Out here their bike's are usually clapped out and blacked out. Pants/Shorts half way down their legs. Trucks look like pre runners that are half finished and have a massive Cali Lean/Carolina Squat with SRH/So Cal/Hostility/Metal Mulisha and some local wannabe clothing company stickers all over the back window. They usually try to start shit with you if you get on the gas out of a corner and they happen to get hit with a small piece of dirt that came off your bike tire. They use the F word constantly followed by "Bro" every single time. And they think they own the entire MX facility and you need to bow down to them.

I'm sure each state's "Bro's" apparel looks a bit different, but the attitude is usually consistent.
Aka, flatbiller.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/18/2021 10:48am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Still plenty of "Bro's" in So Cal. You know them when you see them. Not the majority in any way, but definitely stand out the most...

Chance1216 wrote:
Aka, flatbiller.
Basically lol

The Shop

Yeti831
3/18/2021 11:09am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 11:09am
If you got a fat 909 tattoo before they split up the area code region, you might be a bro.
3/18/2021 11:14am
Could be worse, could be like the UK and have tracks full of inbred chavs. Seems to be more and more common.
FWYT
3/18/2021 11:14am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 11:16am
Dude, so siiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!!
zehn
3/18/2021 11:22am
If you have to ask...
tickleme20
3/18/2021 11:23am
peltier626 wrote:
Most of my interactions and folks at the track are of median income, well rounded, common sense folks. Mostly families and middle age guys that would...
Most of my interactions and folks at the track are of median income, well rounded, common sense folks. Mostly families and middle age guys that would not be classified as red necks or bro's. I'm confused as to the common stereotype and maybe that was the case some time ago but mostly quality individuals from all walks of life in our moto neighborhood.
I've seen plenty of "bros" at live races, moreso at SX then MX. I don't get a real bro vibe from Vital (they seem more prevalent on Instagram and in the Reddit group). The real super idiots sling mud in the YouTube comments.

For all we mock ourselves, Vital really is by far the most intelligent place online to discuss the sport.
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2255th
3/18/2021 11:40am
According to Rutledge Wood we are all Redneck, affliction shirt wearing bros 🤷🏻‍♂️
tickleme20
3/18/2021 11:44am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 11:45am
Dr. Lexus: the ultimate bro, scro

tickleme20
3/18/2021 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 12:11pm
According to Rutledge Wood we are all Redneck, affliction shirt wearing bros 🤷🏻‍♂️
At least in these parts, Affliction shirts are more a 50 y/o midlife crisis dude thing. He's freshly divorced, has recently taken up powerlifting, and thinks he and Destiny at the Southern Exposure share a really deep connection.
JohnMatrix
3/18/2021 12:01pm
tickleme20 wrote:
Dr. Lexus: the ultimate bro, scro [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/18/483708/s1200_Screenshot_20210318_144206_Google.jpg[/img]
Dr. Lexus: the ultimate bro, scro

"There you go with that fag talk again"

Fuckin best movie. Actually more like a documentary on current times.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
3/18/2021 12:23pm
The two clowns that show up at glen helen with the decked out yamahas. They unload em then ride around the pits in their shorts and swing from any fast guys nuts. Those guys are “Bros” for sure. Somebody here has to have seen em before. Heard one of em got banned for pullin a gun in a fight at glen helen a few years ago? Can’t say for sure as I didn’t witness it.
Moto520
3/18/2021 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 3:18pm
Josh Hanson has gone full Bro. He’s still a badass though
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/18/2021 12:41pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
The two clowns that show up at glen helen with the decked out yamahas. They unload em then ride around the pits in their shorts and...
The two clowns that show up at glen helen with the decked out yamahas. They unload em then ride around the pits in their shorts and swing from any fast guys nuts. Those guys are “Bros” for sure. Somebody here has to have seen em before. Heard one of em got banned for pullin a gun in a fight at glen helen a few years ago? Can’t say for sure as I didn’t witness it.
They didn't happen to be all black Yamaha's, wearing Fasthouse gear and in their early to mid 20's by chance?
Jardo
Fantasy
2080th
3/18/2021 1:00pm
I feel like the typical "SRH, flat billed, dickie shorts below the ass" bro phase is, for the most part, a thing of the past. It seems like a lot of them have moved on to different things. They used to go hand in hand with the freestyle guys from the early-mid 2000's and on. To me, the freestyle riders of today are Axel Hodges and Tyler Bereman and both have great style in my opinion. I feel like the new Bro's of our sport are the wanna be influencers.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/18/2021 1:41pm
I saw a bro in the Walmart parking lot recently. He was having a full-on verbal meltdown fight with his ridonkulously hot girlfriend/wife as they came out to his lifted truck. Poor thing was having a hard time even getting into the truck without her hot pink thong showing. At least he waited for her and didn't leave her in the parking lot. How do these dudes land chicks like that??? Blink Well, never mind, I know how. I hope she wised up and stopped drinking the Koolaid (Monster) at some point.
3/18/2021 1:50pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
The two clowns that show up at glen helen with the decked out yamahas. They unload em then ride around the pits in their shorts and...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
They didn't happen to be all black Yamaha's, wearing Fasthouse gear and in their early to mid 20's by chance?
Exactly what I thought. The new era bro’s in Temecula wear Fasthouse, are all about “moto” but don’t even know what VitalMx is, are clueless about repairing their own bikes and think they’re super cool. I see them all the time when I go into Temecula motor sports. Not gonna lie, I look like a dweeb, if you saw me you’d probably think I was into collecting stamps but moto is my life.
Ryan625
3/18/2021 2:03pm
Who’s that one “factory” C rider who was claiming he rode for Star Yamaha? He sure came off as the epitome of a bro.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
3/18/2021 2:38pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Yeah they’re black yamis. Thought they were older. I’ve never seen them in gear, they literally roll around the pits in their dickies and black socks. No helmets. Its been a few years since I’ve seen them.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/18/2021 2:44pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Exactly what I thought. The new era bro’s in Temecula wear Fasthouse, are all about “moto” but don’t even know what VitalMx is, are clueless about...
Exactly what I thought. The new era bro’s in Temecula wear Fasthouse, are all about “moto” but don’t even know what VitalMx is, are clueless about repairing their own bikes and think they’re super cool. I see them all the time when I go into Temecula motor sports. Not gonna lie, I look like a dweeb, if you saw me you’d probably think I was into collecting stamps but moto is my life.
Lol! That was actually a description of some guys we had an issue with before DITD 2019. It's getting bad and really takes away a lot of fun from the track because of how they are, not off the track, but how they are on the track. Bunch of douchebags and reminds me why I enjoy desert tracks so much more now.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/18/2021 2:52pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Yeah they’re black yamis. Thought they were older. I’ve never seen them in gear, they literally roll around the pits in their dickies and black socks...
Yeah they’re black yamis. Thought they were older. I’ve never seen them in gear, they literally roll around the pits in their dickies and black socks. No helmets. Its been a few years since I’ve seen them.
Around the 5'6-5'9 height range? If so, same dudes we had trouble with one Saturday. The guy wanted to fist fight with my pops until my dad got off the bike and the dude saw he's 6'3 and 240lbs lol.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
3/18/2021 3:10pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Around the 5'6-5'9 height range? If so, same dudes we had trouble with one Saturday. The guy wanted to fist fight with my pops until my...
Around the 5'6-5'9 height range? If so, same dudes we had trouble with one Saturday. The guy wanted to fist fight with my pops until my dad got off the bike and the dude saw he's 6'3 and 240lbs lol.
Fuckin clowns

Post a reply to: Define "Bro's"

The Latest