Deegans kid DQ'd at Oakhill?

dirthead1
3/17/2014 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2014 9:25pm
dirthead1 wrote:
You his mother?
PJ205 wrote:
As a matter of fact, yes... yes I am! You tone it down, young man.
Cool!

I was a 50cc Cobra mechanic for a national level kid in a previous lifetime. We did it by the book and still did really well against assholes just like these guys. Our bikes still always ran better and were faster moto after moto...
dirthead1
3/17/2014 9:27pm
dirthead1 wrote:
Deegan is a douche. Always has been and always will be. Now he gets to perpetuate his deal with his own offspring . Stoked. I would...
Deegan is a douche. Always has been and always will be. Now he gets to perpetuate his deal with his own offspring . Stoked. I would never want to be him. Never. The Universe gets to deal with him and will.

Building and using cheater motors in any motorsport is the way shitty builders and talentless assholes (and their talentless asshole kids) have always been doing it since the beginning of racing.
hillbilly wrote:
Yep,why not ride your bike and beat them ,then they are really pissed.
These dads are pathetic. Little Johnny will be burnt out on racing by 11 anyway. Thanks, Dad!
JeepnMike
3/17/2014 9:31pm
Jtommr wrote:
Apparently he didn't admit it to his kid. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/03/17/48605/s1200_dbd.jpg[/img]
Apparently he didn't admit it to his kid.

I am not trying to be condescending, but you don't seriously think a 7 year old typed that post do you? In 1st grade you are learning punctuation.. Complete sentences, proper punctuation, basic words are something he would just be learning in a good school. The post above was likely written by his father.
3/18/2014 1:02am
daveoevo wrote:
Most people who cheat dont believe they are cheating, just levelling the playing field. Know someone who races a 125 championship here in the uk and...
Most people who cheat dont believe they are cheating, just levelling the playing field.
Know someone who races a 125 championship here in the uk and went to put a new piston in only to find it was a 136cc. He said well everyone else is doing it.
This is oh so true.

Motorsports always have, and always will, be about who can cheat the best. Especially when spec rules are in place. Just part of the game.

I wish we could all get past that and take away the negative stigma that comes with cheating and getting caught. That way, a offender found guilty doesnt have to try to save face by bashing the tech inspectors or the protesting family. Deegan could just say, oh well, you caught me. Snicker, and walk off. Come back to the next race on a legal bike, or with some other trick up his sleeve.

Cheating only sucks when nobody is policing it (thus the reason I think AMA Pro Racing is such a joke).

But if there is someone policing it, and people are getting caught, then what is the fuss? Are we really going to crucify Deegan for being a dad who is hyper competitive and wants the best for his kid? Deegan is no different than any other dad on that line.

Show me a pro that claims to have made it thru their entire career without "cheating" at least once and I'll show you a liar. Anyone that has found a trick advantage, will do it if they think they will get away with it. And if youre not one of those people and you cannot relate, then this discussion is not for you. Youre not on the level of "competitive" Im referencing.

The Shop

slipdog
3/18/2014 5:29am
daveoevo wrote:
Most people who cheat dont believe they are cheating, just levelling the playing field. Know someone who races a 125 championship here in the uk and...
Most people who cheat dont believe they are cheating, just levelling the playing field.
Know someone who races a 125 championship here in the uk and went to put a new piston in only to find it was a 136cc. He said well everyone else is doing it.
This is oh so true. Motorsports always have, and always will, be about who can cheat the best. Especially when spec rules are in place. Just...
This is oh so true.

Motorsports always have, and always will, be about who can cheat the best. Especially when spec rules are in place. Just part of the game.

I wish we could all get past that and take away the negative stigma that comes with cheating and getting caught. That way, a offender found guilty doesnt have to try to save face by bashing the tech inspectors or the protesting family. Deegan could just say, oh well, you caught me. Snicker, and walk off. Come back to the next race on a legal bike, or with some other trick up his sleeve.

Cheating only sucks when nobody is policing it (thus the reason I think AMA Pro Racing is such a joke).

But if there is someone policing it, and people are getting caught, then what is the fuss? Are we really going to crucify Deegan for being a dad who is hyper competitive and wants the best for his kid? Deegan is no different than any other dad on that line.

Show me a pro that claims to have made it thru their entire career without "cheating" at least once and I'll show you a liar. Anyone that has found a trick advantage, will do it if they think they will get away with it. And if youre not one of those people and you cannot relate, then this discussion is not for you. Youre not on the level of "competitive" Im referencing.
I never cheated.
3/18/2014 5:35am
smrscott wrote:
Big bores are noting new in the Two-Stroke world. The rules used to - and some still allow- for overbore cylinders. Remember when some of these...
Big bores are noting new in the Two-Stroke world. The rules used to - and some still allow- for overbore cylinders. Remember when some of these rules were originally put on paper cylinders sleeves were steel and you had to allow for over-sized pistons. Some organizations allowed 4-5 oversized pistons, the manufactures used to offer 2-3 oversized pistons and the aftermarket offered way larger sizes.

Back in 125 supercross days so many racers were running big-bore bikes, probably and maybe even Brian Deegan. Like a poster said, they only tech the top three bikes but the guys trying to get into the night show or a main even would do whatever it took to make the main, and sometimes it was in the form of big bores. And they didn't always tear the bikes down unless there were questions.

It is not right but it has been going on since the dawn of motocross. Deegan shame on you!
Definitely Deegan. Kenny Watson, his mechanic, talked about the 167 all the time on the PulpMX show. He talked about almost getting caught because he had to give a piston to another team. Dad definitely ran a big bore at times in his career.
IWreckALot
3/18/2014 7:04am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2014 7:04am
daveoevo wrote:
This is oh so true. Motorsports always have, and always will, be about who can cheat the best. Especially when spec rules are in place. Just...
This is oh so true.

slipdog wrote:
I never cheated.
I've never lied or cheated or even ran over a track marker. . . Beat that!
steveada
3/18/2014 7:27am
Jtommr wrote:
Apparently he didn't admit it to his kid. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/03/17/48605/s1200_dbd.jpg[/img]

Yeah, I remember back when I was on 50's I used to hate when my regular mechanic was busy and my backup mechanic had to do something, he always screwed up. We also always kept a good selection of cheater parts on hand, not to actually use, just to confuse the back up mechanic. Good story Deegan, at least a 10 y/o would believe it.
Jtommr
3/18/2014 7:32am
Jtommr wrote:

JeepnMike wrote:
I am not trying to be condescending, but you don't seriously think a 7 year old typed that post do you? In 1st grade you are...
I am not trying to be condescending, but you don't seriously think a 7 year old typed that post do you? In 1st grade you are learning punctuation.. Complete sentences, proper punctuation, basic words are something he would just be learning in a good school. The post above was likely written by his father.
No, I don't think the kid wrote that. Just wanted to show the Deegan family is still not coming clean like the quote above it mentioned.
motoxtred
3/18/2014 7:36am
motoxtred wrote:
I read this 7 or 8 years ago from the KTM Bible. I've never forgotten it. 8. DO NOT CHEAT- It never ceases to amaze me...
I read this 7 or 8 years ago from the KTM Bible. I've never forgotten it.

8. DO NOT CHEAT- It never ceases to amaze me that some parents think winning a race for 4-6 year olds is important enough for them to cheat. We have seen and protested kids with 60cc pistons running in the 50cc shaft class. Parents who succumb to the pressure to run illegal bikes are doing a disservice to their kids. I wonder how they explain it to their child when they get caught? Well Johnny, I didn’t think you were as good as the other kids so I made your bike faster so you could win? I also do not buy the excuse that you have to cheat because everyone else does. If you think someone is cheating, and you need to be pretty sure you are right, file a protest. That’s why the protest procedure is in the rulebook. If you happen to
be wrong, apologize and hope the protested party takes it as a compliment.
mom241 wrote:
Har. I can tell you stories about KTM when my boys were on 50's. They're hands aren't clean either.
The sound you heard was the point zooming over your head.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
3/18/2014 7:37am
steveada wrote:
Yeah, I remember back when I was on 50's I used to hate when my regular mechanic was busy and my backup mechanic had to do...
Yeah, I remember back when I was on 50's I used to hate when my regular mechanic was busy and my backup mechanic had to do something, he always screwed up. We also always kept a good selection of cheater parts on hand, not to actually use, just to confuse the back up mechanic. Good story Deegan, at least a 10 y/o would believe it.
I hear you. My PW50 was giving me fits at a LL qualifier and my engine builder had been kicked out of the track the night before because he and my goggle rep stole my trainer's Raptor and drove it across the track. Long story short, my suspension tech had to troubleshoot the engine and while it seemed to run okay, I got 11th so clearly he didn't know what he was doing!
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/18/2014 7:39am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2014 7:59am
Cheating happens and it's wrong, no matter how minor. You do it then u face the possibility of being busted, just take it like a man and move on. Threatening the honest person for protesting is bullshit
motoxtred
3/18/2014 7:39am
motoxtred wrote:
I read this 7 or 8 years ago from the KTM Bible. I've never forgotten it. 8. DO NOT CHEAT- It never ceases to amaze me...
I read this 7 or 8 years ago from the KTM Bible. I've never forgotten it.

8. DO NOT CHEAT- It never ceases to amaze me that some parents think winning a race for 4-6 year olds is important enough for them to cheat. We have seen and protested kids with 60cc pistons running in the 50cc shaft class. Parents who succumb to the pressure to run illegal bikes are doing a disservice to their kids. I wonder how they explain it to their child when they get caught? Well Johnny, I didn’t think you were as good as the other kids so I made your bike faster so you could win? I also do not buy the excuse that you have to cheat because everyone else does. If you think someone is cheating, and you need to be pretty sure you are right, file a protest. That’s why the protest procedure is in the rulebook. If you happen to
be wrong, apologize and hope the protested party takes it as a compliment.
SlowOldGuy wrote:
I wrote this back in 2002 or so.
Then thank you very much. It's one of the rules we live our MX life by.
Mr. Info
3/18/2014 7:42am
I am sure this happened at other qualifiers and just becasue it's not a name we all know it does not appear. If your going to throw out name of people protested put them all out there either found guilty or not. About half the people on this post do not know Brian other than what you see on TV. He is not a bad guy at all. It's over Johnny. Let it go.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/18/2014 7:48am
[b]Maybe this is all part of Brian's strategy to get his kid to race trucks instead. I heard him mention in an interview that he would...
Maybe this is all part of Brian's strategy to get his kid to race trucks instead. I heard him mention in an interview that he would rather have his kid racing trucks.
langhammx wrote:
REALLY ?? His kid has another 10 years, before he can even reach the pedals...
I think he was referring to Powerwheels
motoxtred
3/18/2014 7:49am
Jtommr wrote:

steveada wrote:
Yeah, I remember back when I was on 50's I used to hate when my regular mechanic was busy and my backup mechanic had to do...
LMFAO. We were just like that only we had a backup backup mechanic and we didn't keep the parts to confuse them, we were like Sammy Sosa and his corked bat. We just had them so we could show off in practice.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/18/2014 7:51am
Holy crap. Didn't expect my silly little post would stir up such a storm. Carry on.
It's what we do
mom241
3/18/2014 8:20am
motoxtred wrote:
Didn't hear a sound, so I guess you're wrong
3/18/2014 8:21am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2014 8:55am
The real question is when is the right age for Deegan to start his kid on a PED program. Should he do it before the kid turns pro or after. At what age do you think some of the top pros started using PED's ? Do they drug test at LL's? Cheating seems to be a systemic problem from the top all the way down to the littlest of kids. Sad, really.
motoxtred
3/18/2014 8:46am
motoxtred wrote:
mom241 wrote:
There it goes again.
mom241
3/18/2014 8:48am
motoxtred wrote:
mom241 wrote:
motoxtred wrote:
There it goes again.
My point was that it seemed like the poster was believing that KTM has a sacred creed that they would never cheat. The fact is, I know differently. Does that help? Geez
jeffro503
3/18/2014 9:40am
motoxtred wrote:
mom241 wrote:
motoxtred wrote:
There it goes again.
Instead of trying to insult Mom here......why don't you enlighten us all with your wisdom.....instead of acting like a jackass? 8 friggin' posts and the guy knows everything. ( on this account anyways )
Juss
3/18/2014 9:41am
Hell even RC got caught cheating. What did he do? He told the AMA to go fuck themselves! Then he said if the AMA didn't give him back his points, he would quit. Funny how both CR & JS lost points in the nats for the same thing. lol
3/18/2014 9:44am
mom241 wrote:
motoxtred wrote:
There it goes again.
mom241 wrote:
My point was that it seemed like the poster was believing that KTM has a sacred creed that they would never cheat. The fact is, I...
My point was that it seemed like the poster was believing that KTM has a sacred creed that they would never cheat. The fact is, I know differently. Does that help? Geez
LaughingLaughingLaughing

I'm not sure you can help him through this one.
3/18/2014 9:46am
Woobia 22 wrote:
So I am a dipshit and you are a Wanker Billy, so be it. Couldn't give a fuk what you call me cunt. I sent my...
So I am a dipshit and you are a Wanker Billy, so be it. Couldn't give a fuk what you call me cunt.
I sent my motor to PC because we had sfa for racing that year as for each round we have to travel over 5000 klm. I asked my son what would you like as his RM 85 was 2 years old and said we could get finance for a new one or we can get PC to rebuild bottom end and head $2k approx , carby work done with extra Original Suzuki parts and pistons supplied. We are only allowed to race with pump fuel at 98 octane. I was an official level 3 at most diciplines., NO way I would ever cheat.

He went well in the titles but last round was crook as a dog and he flew down, rang me before final moto and he only had to finish in front of 1 rider, So Dipshit me says see how long you can hang on for, if you get buggerred let him past and follow. Well Holeshot and when he lets the other rider past he does a MA on him he panicks and all over, 1 point from the Title. Mate at track rang me and said why the fuck did you tell him that for as he knew that was what we would do in final motos when in front overall.

Took same bike to nationals demanded we get tested and holeshot most races against the factory 150's of Honda ridden by 2 pros now, led one race till 2 corners to go and pulled over, found out later bike was shorting out from worn wiring, Was told later that most teams were using foam or something in the carbys to hold rocket juice for holeshot. The guy that told me said it was an old trick and that was why they didnt start the 150's till the last 30 secs, having it warmed up prior. Abia was in top 3 every start on the RM 85 and the 125. Blew the RM 125 up at 40.1 and borrowed a YZ and still got holeshot.

It isn't the bikes it is the riders that make the biggest difference , then fuel IMO. As long as all is matched in motor.

We enjoyed our time in MX and hopefully my eldest Son will once again ride if he wants to.
we spent a fortune and still owe heaps but I wouldn't change anything except losing Abia while Racing / practicing when the RM250 F jumped out of gear. with 28 hrs and race bike did same and it had 14 hrs, Unreal Suzuki changed 4th and 5th gears for following year Cunts.

Mr Deegan and your Homies let your Son decide what he wants to do and dont forget the Rule book is for Both the protection of Riders/Entrants and Officials, you cheat and get caught cop it like a man and not like a Lil Bitch. Wake the Fuk Up.
hillbilly wrote:
I just called mitch,told him I want a 750 in a 450 case. He said, "are you from Australia? Ever dipshit there wants one except this...
I just called mitch,told him I want a 750 in a 450 case.

He said, "are you from Australia? Ever dipshit there wants one except this one dipshit'
PinchPinchSmileSmileLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
newmann
3/18/2014 10:04am
motoxtred wrote:
There it goes again.
mom241 wrote:
My point was that it seemed like the poster was believing that KTM has a sacred creed that they would never cheat. The fact is, I...
LaughingLaughingLaughing

I'm not sure you can help him through this one.
Sonic boom blowing his eardrums out from the point flying over his head probably wouldn't help him through either.
Rizzo
3/18/2014 10:35am
You know whats unfortunate, 11000 views and prob 6 pages of Deegan "cheating" and a 10 yr old dies at the track and gets 3800 views and 2 pages. Not knocking anyone or pointing fingers, just crazy where priorities have gone
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
3/18/2014 10:45am
Mr. Info wrote:
I am sure this happened at other qualifiers and just becasue it's not a name we all know it does not appear. If your going to...
I am sure this happened at other qualifiers and just becasue it's not a name we all know it does not appear. If your going to throw out name of people protested put them all out there either found guilty or not. About half the people on this post do not know Brian other than what you see on TV. He is not a bad guy at all. It's over Johnny. Let it go.
Kinda like he should've let it go, admit he cheated and take it like a man (as he always points out in his interviews how much of a man he is) instead of threatening those that protested him and then were proven right that they were cheating? Or how about the engine building that said he knew it was over the CC limit but that is what the "customer ordered"?
Grieby54
3/18/2014 11:26am
Juss wrote:
Hell even RC got caught cheating. What did he do? He told the AMA to go fuck themselves! Then he said if the AMA didn't give...
Hell even RC got caught cheating. What did he do? He told the AMA to go fuck themselves! Then he said if the AMA didn't give him back his points, he would quit. Funny how both CR & JS lost points in the nats for the same thing. lol
"Cheating" is a pretty liberal use of the word for that situation. That rule was designed for 2 strokes because the "cheating" he did didn't actually have ANY impact on his bike's performance and was a small fuel issue.
motoxtred
3/18/2014 11:31am
mom241 wrote:
motoxtred wrote:
There it goes again.
jeffro503 wrote:
Instead of trying to insult Mom here......why don't you enlighten us all with your wisdom.....instead of acting like a jackass? 8 friggin' posts and the guy...
Instead of trying to insult Mom here......why don't you enlighten us all with your wisdom.....instead of acting like a jackass? 8 friggin' posts and the guy knows everything. ( on this account anyways )
mom241, I apologize for being rude. Was trying to come up with a reason why but I can't. No excuse.

jeffro503.Thanks for calling me a name and calling out your superiority as far as posts. I bow down to your 9717.

My point was don't cheat because it's a horrible lesson for your kid. Did I say no one ever cheated. Did I say the person who wrote this never cheated. She's the one who decided to take a shot at KTM people. I had no clue who wrote it at the time but she seems to be saying she knows KTM guys were a cheaters back in the day. I don't know how else she related my post on advice for kids to KTM people cheating, maybe you should be displacing your anger on her. Or SlowOldGuy (who said he wrote it). Or that pretty tree outside. My post said nothing about who does or doesn't cheat. I love my kids more than anything in the world and I wish they would win every race, baseball game, basketball game or any competition but I refuse to cheat for them.

Do you see how she missed my point?

I'll go away now and just tune in to your wisdom now and then and hopefully I'll be around to see number 10,000. You rock!

Humbly yours,
Only 8 Post Jerkoff

Post a reply to: Deegans kid DQ'd at Oakhill?

The Latest