Deegans kid DQ'd at Oakhill?

DownSouth
3/17/2014 9:31am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2014 9:32am
mxtech1 wrote:
In this situation, it definitely sounds like $$ funds are not a problem for this kids program. Therefore, I would have to think that the Deegan...
In this situation, it definitely sounds like $$ funds are not a problem for this kids program. Therefore, I would have to think that the Deegan camp definitely knew they were over the CC limit.

On the other hand, how does this rule effect the not so fortunate families who are just barely getting by $$$ wise? The AMA puts them in a hard spot because if you want to stay legal, you can't save a cylinder that needs an over-bore repair, so now you have to buy a new stock bore cylinder for around 3x the cost of a bore job. There should be SOME % give in that rule for am. racing.

Part of the game and having to "pay to play?" Probably....but in this case I think the motor was knowingly oversize.
We are talking about the 50cc class here. The 61cc limit does allow for overbores for the reasons you mentioned.
3/17/2014 9:35am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2014 9:35am
Juss wrote:
Anyone remember when Mike Alessi CR80 was claimed like around 2002-2003?
yup by adam chatfield
Oh my turn!! Anyone remember Millsapps supermini being torn down at Loretta's? How many CC's was he running?

Was it:

A.105 (legal)
B.112 (illegal but soon will be legal)
C.118 (illegal)
D.124(illegal)

Here's your 50/50 lifeline, it was NOT A and/or D.
hillbilly
3/17/2014 9:35am
Woobia 22 wrote:
So to MR USABilly it is alright to cheat by 5%, to some people it is not all about winning it is about all racing under...
So to MR USABilly it is alright to cheat by 5%, to some people it is not all about winning it is about all racing under the same rules. So at 5% that would make a 450 into a 472.5 ? and a 250 into 262.5 I think. You would be crying Billy.

Cheating is Cheating whether it be 1cc or whatever, if Tractor is correct Daddy already knew he was cheating. He didn't even let the Kid ride out the day, maybe he is like daddy.

Just a great way for a kid to start his racing career, Daddy would be so so Proud. Mr Brian Deegan Father of the Year Nominee.

I sent the whole motor over to Pro Circuit one year and when I asked for a stock motor bottom end rebuild with their head and carby work + extra Genuine Suzuki Pistons x 4 etc, he stated I was the first Aussie that didn't ask for an oversize cheater motor.
Lol, PC had to be thinking " what kind of dipshit ship his engine halfway around the world for us to just stick our head on?

Are all auusies to stupid to build a crank? How the hell are they gonna jet a bike that is gonna run on another continent?

Extra special zuki pistons,lol,they make them out of foster cans there,?

I'd kept that story stored in that sun baked head ,mate

2cc,5%, bullshit. Milling the head to raise compression will gain more power than 2cc.

So who made the piston? He design his own and cut it from billet?

Hell,cleaning up ports,matching cases to cylinder would make more hp.

Can they run oxidized fuel? That would make it "pull"

I would want my kid to beat little deegan on a stocker,,and teach him to draw on the thought that he may be cheating and then rub it in that we won on a clapped 50 against trick.

Gonna check the math now

The Shop

peelout
3/17/2014 9:39am
"Yeah, bro, The Mulisha is in effect in the 50 class bro, we got banned from Oak Hill. They can't handle the Mulisha Bro" I can...
"Yeah, bro, The Mulisha is in effect in the 50 class bro, we got banned from Oak Hill. They can't handle the Mulisha Bro"

I can hear it now.
those fags in Reno 'bout to get droped, bro
Juss
3/17/2014 9:43am
Juss wrote:
Anyone remember when Mike Alessi CR80 was claimed like around 2002-2003?
Cygnus wrote:
Yea, it was mentioned in this thread. Do you guys not read through before posting?
Nope.. Feel better?
TeamGreen
3/17/2014 10:01am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2014 10:12am
People are actually TALKING SHIT about the Father that filed the Protest? Seriously? Damn, what a bunch af Ass Holes.

If YOUR KID was out there, racing a bike that YOU KNOW is Legal and is getting SHREDDED down the start by a bike that's NOTORIOUSLY SLOW compared to what your kid is riding (Cobras are THE bike in the 50cc classes) ...you WOULDN'T have a PROBLEM WITH THAT? I would; and, I'd file a Protest, myself.

Btw, I get the feeling some of you don't realize how Different (Read: LONG) the Start is for a 50...it's a WFO Drag-Race for a really long-time compared to all the other bikes...and it provides for one helluva LEAD there-after.

While we're here, WTF do you think "RULES" are for? ESPECIALLY for the LL's and Stock versus Mod classes...hmmmm?

So, here's the thing: SOMEONE CHEATED and GOT CAUGHT. He should've owned it and NOT talked a ton of shit or made it PERSONAL. You know WHY the Social-Media stuff ain't there, anymore? 'Cause they KNOW THEY'RE WRONG. PERIOD. Brian is UBBER-COMPETITIVE and he pushed it Too Damn Far & GOT CAUGHT...I hope he changes his game and moves on. His kid needs to win ON HIS OWN MERITS. That's what I'm hoping for. Besides, he's a Deegan. He's gonna win stuff by slugging it out.

Wow, still can't get over the idea that some of us support Cheating and then SHIT-TALK about those that simply want a FAIR-RACE based on the damn Rule-Book. For those of you that don't understand a 5% Increase in Displacement on a small-bore? I'm still laughing at you: The Proof is in this thread.

Unbelievable.
MOTO120
3/17/2014 10:10am
TeamGreen wrote:
People are actually TALKING SHIT about the Father that filed the Protest? Seriously? Damn, what a bunch af Ass Holes. If YOUR KID was out there...
People are actually TALKING SHIT about the Father that filed the Protest? Seriously? Damn, what a bunch af Ass Holes.

If YOUR KID was out there, racing a bike that YOU KNOW is Legal and is getting SHREDDED down the start by a bike that's NOTORIOUSLY SLOW compared to what your kid is riding (Cobras are THE bike in the 50cc classes) ...you WOULDN'T have a PROBLEM WITH THAT? I would; and, I'd file a Protest, myself.

Btw, I get the feeling some of you don't realize how Different (Read: LONG) the Start is for a 50...it's a WFO Drag-Race for a really long-time compared to all the other bikes...and it provides for one helluva LEAD there-after.

While we're here, WTF do you think "RULES" are for? ESPECIALLY for the LL's and Stock versus Mod classes...hmmmm?

So, here's the thing: SOMEONE CHEATED and GOT CAUGHT. He should've owned it and NOT talked a ton of shit or made it PERSONAL. You know WHY the Social-Media stuff ain't there, anymore? 'Cause they KNOW THEY'RE WRONG. PERIOD. Brian is UBBER-COMPETITIVE and he pushed it Too Damn Far & GOT CAUGHT...I hope he changes his game and moves on. His kid needs to win ON HIS OWN MERITS. That's what I'm hoping for. Besides, he's a Deegan. He's gonna win stuff by slugging it out.

Wow, still can't get over the idea that some of us support Cheating and then SHIT-TALK about those that simply want a FAIR-RACE based on the damn Rule-Book. For those of you that don't understand a 5% Increase in Displacement on a small-bore? I'm still laughing at you: The Proof is in this thread.

Unbelievable.
EXACTLY!
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
3/17/2014 10:14am
TeamGreen wrote:
People are actually TALKING SHIT about the Father that filed the Protest? Seriously? Damn, what a bunch af Ass Holes. If YOUR KID was out there...

Unbelievable.
well said, building a cheater bike for your 7 year old is pretty bad,
hillbilly
3/17/2014 10:24am
That is 1mm over,if the bore was 44mm it would be 61 cc.

I doubt the protesters bike was jetted on the limit,all the bearings greased to get the least drag,

Most parents pressure wash the hell out of them,load in trailer till next race.

What if the bike beating you is running oxy fuel? Geared correctly.

Lots of reasons a bike pulls hard other than one mil of bore.

The kid is 20 lbs lighter?

I've never complained about some guys bike being better,.

No way i protest for anythig,it is a pussy way to win,pussy.
trailhopper
3/17/2014 10:29am
Holy crap. Didn't expect my silly little post would stir up such a storm. Carry on.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
3/17/2014 10:41am
TeamGreen wrote:

Unbelievable.
scott_nz wrote:
well said, building a cheater bike for your 7 year old is pretty bad,
X100 - I actually signed up to CobraTalk to read some about this - crazy that people here are siding with Deegan and putting blame on the protester. Yeah let you riding do the talking, but no reason to be cheating, especially someone with Deegan's connections. Funny t he engine builder saying he knows it was over the CC limit but might have just been for a practice bike - yeah ok. What a joke, another reason all the support should be going towards those trying to make it in pro supercross and motocross - no need for all this support in the amateur ranks.
BobPA
3/17/2014 10:54am
hillbilly wrote:
Lol, PC had to be thinking " what kind of dipshit ship his engine halfway around the world for us to just stick our head on...
Lol, PC had to be thinking " what kind of dipshit ship his engine halfway around the world for us to just stick our head on?

Are all auusies to stupid to build a crank? How the hell are they gonna jet a bike that is gonna run on another continent?

2cc,5%, bullshit. Milling the head to raise compression will gain more power than 2cc.

I would want my kid to beat little deegan on a stocker,,and teach him to draw on the thought that he may be cheating and then rub it in that we won on a clapped 50 against trick.

Gonna check the math now
You must have the mental capacity of a small dog.

He sent his engine half way around the world because PC has a reputation of being one if the best...who cares who builds his engine, an Aussie is helping our economy by supporting an American company and you make fun of him.

You say that there are plenty of other ways to create more power than adding 2cc, did it ever cross your inbred brain that the engine is probably blueprinted, ported, balanced etc. to a factory race bike standard....I'm sure there is a pretty fat wallet funding his effort.

Upon saying that, he cheated and got caught, happens all the time and he should not be a douche to the person who called him out. When you win people will always say you are cheating.

I have been torn down a few times at races. It's a pain in the ass, and I don't like other people working on my bikes. But rules are rules and I never cheated, I had a 262 Kawi 4 stroke and a 144 Kawi two stroke which is within the rules.
Cygnus
3/17/2014 10:59am
hillbilly wrote:
Lol, PC had to be thinking " what kind of dipshit ship his engine halfway around the world for us to just stick our head on...

Gonna check the math now
BobPA wrote:
You must have the mental capacity of a small dog. He sent his engine half way around the world because PC has a reputation of being...
You must have the mental capacity of a small dog.

He sent his engine half way around the world because PC has a reputation of being one if the best...who cares who builds his engine, an Aussie is helping our economy by supporting an American company and you make fun of him.

You say that there are plenty of other ways to create more power than adding 2cc, did it ever cross your inbred brain that the engine is probably blueprinted, ported, balanced etc. to a factory race bike standard....I'm sure there is a pretty fat wallet funding his effort.

Upon saying that, he cheated and got caught, happens all the time and he should not be a douche to the person who called him out. When you win people will always say you are cheating.

I have been torn down a few times at races. It's a pain in the ass, and I don't like other people working on my bikes. But rules are rules and I never cheated, I had a 262 Kawi 4 stroke and a 144 Kawi two stroke which is within the rules.
You say you were tore down, where was this that they didnt let you do the work?
slipdog
3/17/2014 11:02am
I thought the rules allowed for .080" overbore?

On a KTM 50 that would only be 54cc.
BobPA
3/17/2014 11:17am
Cygnus wrote:
-Walden playboys in New York for an LL qualifier. They tore down the top 5

-Doublin gap in PA

-Englishtown at the kawasaki race of champions. They let me tear it down there.

These are going back to 2003-2006? or so.
txgoon
3/17/2014 11:21am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2014 11:25am
On Saturday (maybe Friday) Deegan's little buddy threatened the person who protested and guess what? He threatened a federal Air Marshal. The sheriff was called and thesecurity guard at the track came and got the kid and talked to him. Easily could have been arrested. Deegan wasn't there though. He was off getting a drug test. Source - I was there parked next to his trailer.
vet323
3/17/2014 11:28am
hillbilly wrote:
That is 1mm over,if the bore was 44mm it would be 61 cc. I doubt the protesters bike was jetted on the limit,all the bearings greased...

I doubt the protesters bike was jetted on the limit,all the bearings greased to get the least drag,

What if any of those things happened? Well, that would mean they weren't cheating.

There ARE lots of reasons a bike could beat you , one of those reasons is running an over bored bike.

Protesting a bike may be a "pussy way to win"- but cheating is worse.
hvaughn88
3/17/2014 11:50am
It's moments like this I wish all parties involved would take a step back and realize we are dealing with young CHILDREN. I know it's a tall order and not realistic anymore, but I just wish amateur racing could go back to being more grassroots and FUN.
motoxtred
3/17/2014 11:53am
I read this 7 or 8 years ago from the KTM Bible. I've never forgotten it.

8. DO NOT CHEAT- It never ceases to amaze me that some parents think winning a race for 4-6 year olds is important enough for them to cheat. We have seen and protested kids with 60cc pistons running in the 50cc shaft class. Parents who succumb to the pressure to run illegal bikes are doing a disservice to their kids. I wonder how they explain it to their child when they get caught? Well Johnny, I didn’t think you were as good as the other kids so I made your bike faster so you could win? I also do not buy the excuse that you have to cheat because everyone else does. If you think someone is cheating, and you need to be pretty sure you are right, file a protest. That’s why the protest procedure is in the rulebook. If you happen to
be wrong, apologize and hope the protested party takes it as a compliment.
Cygnus
3/17/2014 11:59am
Cygnus wrote:
BobPA wrote:
-Walden playboys in New York for an LL qualifier. They tore down the top 5 -Doublin gap in PA -Englishtown at the kawasaki race of champions...
-Walden playboys in New York for an LL qualifier. They tore down the top 5

-Doublin gap in PA

-Englishtown at the kawasaki race of champions. They let me tear it down there.

These are going back to 2003-2006? or so.
I've never seen a protest that you had to let someone else tear down your engine. So that why I ask.
hvaughn88
3/17/2014 12:01pm
motoxtred wrote:
I read this 7 or 8 years ago from the KTM Bible. I've never forgotten it. 8. DO NOT CHEAT- It never ceases to amaze me...

8. DO NOT CHEAT- It never ceases to amaze me that some parents think winning a race for 4-6 year olds is important enough for them to cheat. We have seen and protested kids with 60cc pistons running in the 50cc shaft class. Parents who succumb to the pressure to run illegal bikes are doing a disservice to their kids. I wonder how they explain it to their child when they get caught? Well Johnny, I didn’t think you were as good as the other kids so I made your bike faster so you could win? I also do not buy the excuse that you have to cheat because everyone else does. If you think someone is cheating, and you need to be pretty sure you are right, file a protest. That’s why the protest procedure is in the rulebook. If you happen to
well said!
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
3/17/2014 12:15pm
hillbilly wrote:
That is 1mm over,if the bore was 44mm it would be 61 cc. I doubt the protesters bike was jetted on the limit,all the bearings greased...

so are you saying its OK to cheat? because someone else may not have spent every cent possible to make the bike as fast as possible under the rules,

running a big bore is a pussy way to win,, and I could not show my face at the prize giving if I did that,
mom241
3/17/2014 12:27pm
motoxtred wrote:
I read this 7 or 8 years ago from the KTM Bible. I've never forgotten it. 8. DO NOT CHEAT- It never ceases to amaze me...

Har. I can tell you stories about KTM when my boys were on 50's. They're hands aren't clean either.
BigDaddyG
3/17/2014 12:35pm
hammertime wrote:
the vids of his kids on instagram with him narrating with that snicker of his are the best! nothing makes me laugh like that. he's a...
the vids of his kids on instagram with him narrating with that snicker of his are the best! nothing makes me laugh like that. he's a great dad. he really puts in the time!!

i think it's crap you guys calling them "the new alessi's" ect. shit happens. let him fuck up another 10 times first then jump on him.
Exactly.
Tracktor
3/17/2014 12:46pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
It's moments like this I wish all parties involved would take a step back and realize we are dealing with young CHILDREN. I know it's a...
It's moments like this I wish all parties involved would take a step back and realize we are dealing with young CHILDREN. I know it's a tall order and not realistic anymore, but I just wish amateur racing could go back to being more grassroots and FUN.
Yo, the Mulisha don't step back bro!................This whole thin is beyond silly but what do you expect with the party involved?............
Switch
3/17/2014 1:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2014 1:37pm
First hand experience:

Doug Cochran (the parent that protested) is one of the best guys in the pits at any race you go to. Keep in mind his son has not only beaten Deegan's son at Loretta's, but a couple other times by a good gap. I have dealt with Doug a few times in the past and he has been nothing but 100% genuine and supportive for a couple years. Great guy, period.

Speed for speed, Deegan's kid isn't as consistently fast... to throw a cheater motor in the KTM after the way he split with Cobra shows his true intentions. The bike isn't the problem.. ask Matt LeBlanc how fast the KTM was last year. Its the kid that isn't as fast (yet), and the dad puts him on an illegal bike to try to win. Sad, and stupid, truth about the 50 class on a national level.

And those that think this hasn't been going on for years is hilarious.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
3/17/2014 1:36pm
motoxtred wrote:

mom241 wrote:
Har. I can tell you stories about KTM when my boys were on 50's. They're hands aren't clean either.
would love to hear them,
3/17/2014 1:39pm
motoxtred wrote:

I wrote this back in 2002 or so.
malachi177
3/17/2014 1:41pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Unbelievable.
MOTO120 wrote:
EXACTLY!
x2!!!

Post a reply to: Deegans kid DQ'd at Oakhill?

The Latest