HAIDEN DEEGAN - KTM
TEMECULA, CA

Class Number Brand Moto 1 Moto 2 Class Finish
50 4-9 open #238 KTM DQ DQ DQ
50 7-8 mod #238 KTM DQ DQ DQ
|
Grizz
3/16/2014 6:44pm
Ghost road his bike over the finish line.
Crush
3/16/2014 7:01pm
Kenny put a big bore in it....
sharkey
3/16/2014 7:10pm
Crush wrote:
happens more then you think. I remember Tristan charbeneau getting dqed a few times

The Shop

Crush
3/16/2014 7:51pm
Crush wrote:
sharkey wrote:
happens more then you think. I remember Tristan charbeneau getting dqed a few times
Just to clarify, I was joking!
Tracktor
3/16/2014 8:03pm
From Cobratalk he was protested, torn down & shown to running 63cc motor when max is 61cc. Sounds like he acted like a bitch from there on out........................Is anyone really surprised?.............
3/16/2014 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2014 8:29pm
Sounds foolish to cheat by only two CCs.

It's like what Kinison said: "'If you're going to miss Heaven, why miss it by two inches?"
Woobia 22
3/16/2014 8:46pm
Wow I could never do that to my kid whether he wanted it or not.

I know it is the USA, but does the kid get fined and banned or does the Daddums. If indeed this is actually called Cheating over there.

Like I know most people think more is better especially cc's etc 2 stroke 500 v/s 450 F, 250F v/s 250 2 smoke etc, but 90% is the Rider and Track conditions at the minimum. I could imagine he will wear the DQ like a badass badge, how clever are we.

This would have to be one of Dads dumbest ideas. My penalty would be 3 months loss of license for kid, Dad 12 months out of any AMA race meet and indefinitely DQ until 2 K fine paid.
Grizz
3/16/2014 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2014 8:51pm
Woobia 22 wrote:
Wow I could never do that to my kid whether he wanted it or not. I know it is the USA, but does the kid get...
Wow I could never do that to my kid whether he wanted it or not.

I know it is the USA, but does the kid get fined and banned or does the Daddums. If indeed this is actually called Cheating over there.

Like I know most people think more is better especially cc's etc 2 stroke 500 v/s 450 F, 250F v/s 250 2 smoke etc, but 90% is the Rider and Track conditions at the minimum. I could imagine he will wear the DQ like a badass badge, how clever are we.

This would have to be one of Dads dumbest ideas. My penalty would be 3 months loss of license for kid, Dad 12 months out of any AMA race meet and indefinitely DQ until 2 K fine paid.
It's just Am racing bro. Nothing is going to happen past the DQ.

There is no license, and are you kidding me, 2k?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
3/16/2014 8:51pm
Yeah Woobia..... This is the end of the story. He'll show up to the next race with a fully built and matched 61cc bike and they'll protest that one too only to find its legal.

Happens every time.
500guy
3/16/2014 8:59pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Yeah Woobia..... This is the end of the story. He'll show up to the next race with a fully built and matched 61cc bike and they'll...
Yeah Woobia..... This is the end of the story. He'll show up to the next race with a fully built and matched 61cc bike and they'll protest that one too only to find its legal.

Happens every time.
I laugh that people think trying to cheat at racing is a new deplorable idea concocted by a 7 yr old on a Cobra 60.
Crush
3/16/2014 9:02pm
Dafudge is 2cc gonna do?
hillbilly
3/16/2014 9:09pm
I betcha it is a math mistake. Some ref rounded up .
3/16/2014 9:19pm
"Yeah, bro, The Mulisha is in effect in the 50 class bro, we got banned from Oak Hill. They can't handle the Mulisha Bro"

I can hear it now.
hillbilly
3/16/2014 9:23pm
hillbilly wrote:
I betcha it is a math mistake. Some ref rounded up .
Yep, who even makes a 2cc cheater kit for those?
What is the bore size?,

If i had to win by a 2cc protest ,well, I'd never protest in the 1st place,never.
Tracktor
3/16/2014 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2014 9:32pm
Yes, 2cc makes a diiference. Motor was built by Pax Racing-

Quote from CT -THIS IS NOT ME-

"Here are the facts......

We did the protest. After seeing the bike pull down the straights and off the gate, I had my an idea that the motor was not legal. We followed the protest rules by the book.

I had the paperwork filled out in advance and presented it to the AMA official prior to the start of the race. When the bike crossed the finish line, it was met by AMA and impounded. The bike remained in AMA possession until the tear down. Mr Deegan requested the teardown prior to the second round of motos because he decided to withdraw from the rest of the races. I agreed to the early teardown.

Present at the teardown was, 2 AMA tech's, Kip Bigalow, head of AMA motocross, Mr Deegan, his mechanic and me. Mr Deegan's had his mechanic disassemble the bike. The motor was put on a bench. The 2 AMA tech's then measured stroke 3 times which was 40.06mm. We all agreed that was correct. I am not a KTM mechanic but I am pretty sure that is a stock stroke on a 14 KTM50.

Then the head was pulled and the measured bore. It was measured 3 times and we all agreed it measured 45.10mm.

The AMA then pulled the Displacement formula out of the AMA rule book and we all did the math. The displacement measures 63.963cc. The rule book stated that 61cc was the max allowed in the Mod class.

My math says that is 3cc over the allowed limit which equals a 5% increase. I now understand why the bike pulled so good.

The events that transpired after the teardown is simply amazing. After the protest was over, Mr Deegan's mechanic and some of his crew came to our pits and threatened me and my family. I was then personally attacked on social media. This is unfortunate results of a legal process. I have great respect for the sports and 99% of the people in it are here for the right reason. It is unfortunate, a family with this kind of influence in the motocross world handles things in this fashion.

Sorry for the diatribe..... Good luck to all at Freestone.
"

Woobia 22
3/16/2014 9:59pm
So to MR USABilly it is alright to cheat by 5%, to some people it is not all about winning it is about all racing under the same rules. So at 5% that would make a 450 into a 472.5 ? and a 250 into 262.5 I think. You would be crying Billy.

Cheating is Cheating whether it be 1cc or whatever, if Tractor is correct Daddy already knew he was cheating. He didn't even let the Kid ride out the day, maybe he is like daddy.

Just a great way for a kid to start his racing career, Daddy would be so so Proud. Mr Brian Deegan Father of the Year Nominee.

I sent the whole motor over to Pro Circuit one year and when I asked for a stock motor bottom end rebuild with their head and carby work + extra Genuine Suzuki Pistons x 4 etc, he stated I was the first Aussie that didn't ask for an oversize cheater motor.
jeffro503
3/16/2014 10:16pm
Woobia 22 wrote:
So to MR USABilly it is alright to cheat by 5%, to some people it is not all about winning it is about all racing under...
So to MR USABilly it is alright to cheat by 5%, to some people it is not all about winning it is about all racing under the same rules. So at 5% that would make a 450 into a 472.5 ? and a 250 into 262.5 I think. You would be crying Billy.

Cheating is Cheating whether it be 1cc or whatever, if Tractor is correct Daddy already knew he was cheating. He didn't even let the Kid ride out the day, maybe he is like daddy.

Just a great way for a kid to start his racing career, Daddy would be so so Proud. Mr Brian Deegan Father of the Year Nominee.

I sent the whole motor over to Pro Circuit one year and when I asked for a stock motor bottom end rebuild with their head and carby work + extra Genuine Suzuki Pistons x 4 etc, he stated I was the first Aussie that didn't ask for an oversize cheater motor.
I think you would be surprised to hear how many national championships were probably won on "Cheater " bikes. It is rampant in the AM races. There is a 1000 different little things a dude can do to a little bike ( and big bike ) that gives them an advantage.

Most of the time it's just the winner that gets his bike protested. When the fact is.....guys 2nd through 40th can have cheater bikes and wouldn't place as well without them.....but nobody hardly protests the 2nd place on down.

Not sure if the "Claiming rules " are still in affect.......but I used to hear some pretty wild stories about those deals.

FWIW....a couple years ago someone claimed RC's RMZ450 at LL's and took it home with them. I think it was like $10,000 or something like that.
RedDirtDog
3/16/2014 10:23pm
2cc's? dayum I was slow and never did win with my 112 in the 80 advance class back in 2000, I wasnt the only one with a bored kit, one of the top kids used a stock 100 cylinder with the 99cc stamp scratched out lol.. no1 ever complained and most guys knew but my cylinder said 79.cc's heh Whistling
smrscott
3/16/2014 11:39pm
Big bores are noting new in the Two-Stroke world. The rules used to - and some still allow- for overbore cylinders. Remember when some of these rules were originally put on paper cylinders sleeves were steel and you had to allow for over-sized pistons. Some organizations allowed 4-5 oversized pistons, the manufactures used to offer 2-3 oversized pistons and the aftermarket offered way larger sizes.

Back in 125 supercross days so many racers were running big-bore bikes, probably and maybe even Brian Deegan. Like a poster said, they only tech the top three bikes but the guys trying to get into the night show or a main even would do whatever it took to make the main, and sometimes it was in the form of big bores. And they didn't always tear the bikes down unless there were questions.

It is not right but it has been going on since the dawn of motocross. Deegan shame on you!
40Plus_922mx
3/17/2014 1:00am
It can be debated all day regarding the amount of cheating and the frequency of cheating. The bottom line is if you are going to be in a position to be scrutinized (like winning) you think ahead and be prepared to win fair and square anticipating that scrutinization. Anything less is a lack of wisdom. And no matter what daddy deegan thinks, he is in fact teaching his own kid how to get around rules he may (hopefully?) set up for his boy as he grows up. And then there is the reputation thing....
I have to admit that I was stoked to see Deegans kid doing so well on the bike. I hope BD thinks things through from here on out. Judging by his crews responce to the person who protested he may just end up as wisky tango with paper.
enketchum
3/17/2014 1:03am
Oh no, it was a Pax bike... I want to hear Don on the phone when someone calls him about this....
hvaughn88
3/17/2014 3:55am
The worst part is more than likely the kid had no idea but now will be labeled as a cheater by folks at the races in the future
JoJmoto
3/17/2014 4:23am
Didn't Alessi come all unwound one year at Loretta's when his bike was being claimed because it had some work done? Its been going on for years...
JoJmoto
3/17/2014 4:28am
Woobia 22 wrote:
So to MR USABilly it is alright to cheat by 5%, to some people it is not all about winning it is about all racing under...

jeffro503 wrote:
I think you would be surprised to hear how many national championships were probably won on "Cheater " bikes. It is rampant in the AM races...
I think you would be surprised to hear how many national championships were probably won on "Cheater " bikes. It is rampant in the AM races. There is a 1000 different little things a dude can do to a little bike ( and big bike ) that gives them an advantage.

Most of the time it's just the winner that gets his bike protested. When the fact is.....guys 2nd through 40th can have cheater bikes and wouldn't place as well without them.....but nobody hardly protests the 2nd place on down.

Not sure if the "Claiming rules " are still in affect.......but I used to hear some pretty wild stories about those deals.

FWIW....a couple years ago someone claimed RC's RMZ450 at LL's and took it home with them. I think it was like $10,000 or something like that.
No one claimed RC's bike at Loretta's a couple years ago, after the race was over he auctioned it off for $21,500 for charity. Besides, in the 25+ class you run what you brung so there is nothing to protest..
ehr400
3/17/2014 4:29am
So do we all call the factory teams cheaters when they are running different geometry on their frames, transmissions, exploiting the so called production rule?

It sounds like to me that Deegan and the crew had nothing to do with the motor that was built. If that is the case other then Deegan being Deegan sounds like the motor builder is to blame not the Deegans, other then their bullshit actions.
Woobia 22
3/17/2014 4:57am
ehr400 wrote:
So do we all call the factory teams cheaters when they are running different geometry on their frames, transmissions, exploiting the so called production rule? It...
So do we all call the factory teams cheaters when they are running different geometry on their frames, transmissions, exploiting the so called production rule?

It sounds like to me that Deegan and the crew had nothing to do with the motor that was built. If that is the case other then Deegan being Deegan sounds like the motor builder is to blame not the Deegans, other then their bullshit actions.
You may well be right regarding Deegan not knowing , It is amazing then that he gets bike checked before the end of raceday.
What has anything the Factory teams do have with Master Deegan getting DQ'd for running oversize / Cheating.
If Daddums didn't know he is a bigger tool than I gave him credit for.

Were the Alessi boys ever caught with oversize, I didn't think they were. The problem they had and most riders had re claiming races was that the bikes had so much $$$$ spent that most were getting a bargain with Suspension, motor work etc. They shouldn't have raced Claiming races then.

I realise that a lot of bikes that have won titles are oversize etc, but that has nothing to do with an individual being caught.

One National we went to our last in Juniors they stuck to the rule that all bikes motors must be wired and sealed. The night before we were accused of cheating by our own state team. Next day 28 other parents were going to stand firm and act upon section 2 of said rule which stated the competitor could at anytime have his bike measured in a timely manner.
I was the only one and when they checked both bikes were ok and rewired. I was pissed off that a brand new RM 125 had to have 2 holes drilled so they could wire bikes.

This is the biggest problem with the sport that not Only ripoff Promoters, Gutless Officials, we have gutless contestants that are too afraid to stand up for there rights. But behind people's backs they make all these wild accusations. Don't rock the boat. By the way I have never ever protested on behalf of my sons, but I have been kicked out of National Titles before the event even started, for challenging rulings of God the Steward, in each case I was correct and apologised to.

I also know the Placebo effect works in Moto X, tell someone he is on a cheater bike and he thinks the bike is great.
daveoevo
3/17/2014 5:28am
Most people who cheat dont believe they are cheating, just levelling the playing field.
Know someone who races a 125 championship here in the uk and went to put a new piston in only to find it was a 136cc. He said well everyone else is doing it.
jleews6
3/17/2014 5:46am
I feel bad for Deegans kid. He was probably so excited that he won and then all his dreams were crushed because of something he had nothing to do with. Its to bad the kids dad is an idiot because the kid will have to deal with this throughout his child hood.
Then to top it off Deegan sends people over to threaten the guy that protested but didn't have the balls to confront him himself.

People think that 5% is not a big deal but if you were at a race and someone said that you could go 5% faster for cheap money,you would do it.Or, If that little bike makes 20HP at 60CC that means it would pickup around 1.3HP from the extra CCs. Thats allot of power at that HP/weight ratio.

Post a reply to: Deegans kid DQ'd at Oakhill?

The Latest