Deegan ripping sx track

Since everyone hates on him he just posted video of him riding sx track on star bike for first time and he looks pretty dam good by end of video .For a 15 year old and only been on 250f since after Lorettas and first week on star bike and sx track first time looks dam good !!!https://youtu.be/m2_vvJztv8A
|
DonM
10/12/2021 3:16pm
Yeah but he needs 8-10 seconds a lap to run with current top pros……sarcasm alert…
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
10/12/2021 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2021 3:37pm
DonM wrote:
Yeah but he needs 8-10 seconds a lap to run with current top pros……sarcasm alert…
Would be interesting to see where his laps time are at compared to the rest of the team..Too bad they won’t share..

Guessing not that far off once he gets comfortable on the bike..
xrclark433
10/12/2021 3:57pm
I don’t think people are hating so much on him. I think it’s more directed at the annoying fan boys(men)
byke
10/12/2021 4:00pm
Might have to turn optimistic on the kid yet.

Still don't like socal bros though.

The Shop

bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
10/12/2021 4:06pm
Can there be a separate forum so my feed can stop getting filled with Deegan junk
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
10/12/2021 4:21pm
Gonna sell alot of yz250fs... a ton... a kajillion
JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
10/12/2021 4:32pm
I don’t believe he’s ridden a supercross track on a 250f before, maybe once on KTM. He’s on the best bike and best team at the moment. You can already see the difference when he started getting more comfortable and getting the track down from the beginning of the video.

It’ll be fun to watch him and Ferry step into the pro ranks soon. I know there’s a lot of hype and people are getting annoyed by it, but I appreciate the behind the scenes stuff. Moto is one of the few sports where we have so much access to content from the riders on a consistent basis.
DonM
10/12/2021 4:42pm
DonM wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
Would be interesting to see where his laps time are at compared to the rest of the team..Too bad they won’t share.. Guessing not that far...
Would be interesting to see where his laps time are at compared to the rest of the team..Too bad they won’t share..

You obviously missed my sarcasm….somebody was bagging on him in the other thread, because according to his stopwatch he was 8-10 seconds a lap slower than Justin Cooper when they were at Pala together…
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
10/12/2021 5:01pm
DonM wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
Would be interesting to see where his laps time are at compared to the rest of the team..Too bad they won’t share.. Guessing not that far...

DonM wrote:
You obviously missed my sarcasm….somebody was bagging on him in the other thread, because according to his stopwatch he was 8-10 seconds a lap slower than...
You obviously missed my sarcasm….somebody was bagging on him in the other thread, because according to his stopwatch he was 8-10 seconds a lap slower than Justin Cooper when they were at Pala together…
No I didn’t miss your sarcasm…

But I would like to know his actual laps times compared to the other Star racers..
DKmxFAN
10/12/2021 6:46pm
That was fun to watch. I know he’s fast but watching take this next step is cool, something I’m sure we all dreamed about. I think the kids got a lot of work for this next step but it’s looking good. I’m grateful to get to see it honestly. It’s fun for me now a days being able to watch the dedication and steps it takes to get to this level, this wasn’t always here for us to watch.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
10/13/2021 1:54am
DonM wrote:
Brad460 wrote:

Self belief! He has that ingrained and he will go on to a successful career, meaning he will make a good living whilst chasing championships. By the time he turns Pro he will be a C/contender.

Wish him all the best.
SilverSpurs
10/13/2021 1:55am
Chad (and others) might have been in Brian's ear and that little filmed hit out may mean they are weighing up going Pro early and lining up at Oakland SX.
tek14
10/13/2021 2:20am
He could do Redbull straight. No need to worry about corner speed.
kb228
10/13/2021 7:08am
I dont understand why all of these grown men are hating on a kid. Hes got millions of followers and is without a doubt growing the sport before hes pro way more than this entire forum is collectively. Hes what the sport needs.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
10/13/2021 7:41am
That bike has a nice roar to it.
MelonFan123
10/13/2021 8:12am
kb228 wrote:
I dont understand why all of these grown men are hating on a kid. Hes got millions of followers and is without a doubt growing the...
I dont understand why all of these grown men are hating on a kid. Hes got millions of followers and is without a doubt growing the sport before hes pro way more than this entire forum is collectively. Hes what the sport needs.
I don't think anyone hates on the kid. It's more the hype machine and marketing around him that seems to be getting under people's skin. Haiden the person and Danger Boy the Youtube star are two separate things imo.

I think the multiple threads about him that keep popping up on here gets to be a little overkill for some.

It will be interesting to see how his fan base develops as he turns pro.
Brent
10/13/2021 1:52pm
kb228 wrote:
I dont understand why all of these grown men are hating on a kid. Hes got millions of followers and is without a doubt growing the...
I dont think anyone here is "Hating" on Haiden.

I've met him, spoken with him, and he seems like a great, respectful kid with a ton of natural talent.

My issue was with the over the top hype and promotional machine surrounding a rider who is not yet ready for pro racing, when there are several other riders around his age with similar skills and speed who get little or no attention.

And that's all.
akmx17
10/13/2021 2:00pm
I dont actually think he looks that good on that bike compared to the video of him riding the KTM 250f.
Stevehrc
10/13/2021 4:03pm
Dont understand the hate towards him, the grudge people have with his last name or amount of exsposure he gets. Its good for the sport and hes deserving of it, not like he's taken the ride from someone better. The kid would wax probably nearly this entire forum on a track. But grown men still cry about him haha. Its sad
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
10/13/2021 9:30pm
kb228 wrote:
Brent wrote:
I dont think anyone here is "Hating" on Haiden. I've met him, spoken with him, and he seems like a great, respectful kid with a ton...

I've met him, spoken with him, and he seems like a great, respectful kid with a ton of natural talent.

My issue was with the over the top hype and promotional machine surrounding a rider who is not yet ready for pro racing, when there are several other riders around his age with similar skills and speed who get little or no attention.

And that's all.
I'm on the fence with social media. I see people making millions as so called " influencers". I'm old school but have so far managed to live long enough to experience this modern area and all the crap that comes with it.

Deegan has talent and resources to be in the hunt for success. Furthermore, they (Star ) obviously understand the marketing machine.....which is...you guessed it....Social Media.

I can only admire the family as a whole. Anyone who can build a following and generate income from selling merch is doing the right thing by today's standards.

Star bagged him from KTM not because of his social media but because they are in the business of winning championships and Deegan has a pretty good chance of doung that in future. The timing is right, Star has time to groom him and prepare him for his Pro career.

Star and all his sponsors have the added bonus of his social media popularity.

Now we wait for 2025 to see how this unfolds.

ama530
10/14/2021 5:06am
kb228 wrote:
Brent wrote:
I dont think anyone here is "Hating" on Haiden. I've met him, spoken with him, and he seems like a great, respectful kid with a ton...

And that's all.
This.

I don't think anyone questions his talent and craft. It is all the crap surrounding him. It is like watching the Kardashians of SX/MX. It is all about media exposure and money from their youtube videos. If the kid doesn't make it like it everyone is expecting him to do, it will be interesting. I actually wish that they would take him to Europe to learn like Jett & Hunter L. But I know that they are wrapped up in the SX money train.
Shaft721
10/14/2021 5:25am
But he doesnt ride lommel every week so he sucks
JMR1976
10/14/2021 7:02am
Ripping is taking it a little far IMO.
kb228
10/14/2021 9:10am
kb228 wrote:
Brent wrote:

And that's all.
ama530 wrote:
This. I don't think anyone questions his talent and craft. It is all the crap surrounding him. It is like watching the Kardashians of SX/MX. It...
This.

I don't think anyone questions his talent and craft. It is all the crap surrounding him. It is like watching the Kardashians of SX/MX. It is all about media exposure and money from their youtube videos. If the kid doesn't make it like it everyone is expecting him to do, it will be interesting. I actually wish that they would take him to Europe to learn like Jett & Hunter L. But I know that they are wrapped up in the SX money train.
Right.. i dont understand why the extra stuff is bad. If it pushes him to the mainstream it grows the sport. Hes got millions of future moto dads following him. See how this works?

Post a reply to: Deegan ripping sx track

The Latest